Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,251 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days (64223 Views)

FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu / First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto / Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Earlystar698(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
Anthony Obinna Okafor is one of the many Nigerians who are not letting the challenges in the country deter them from pursuing their passion.

A graduate of Mechanical/Production Engineering, Okafor who studied at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, wants to be known as Elon Musk of Africa. "I want to be known as the man spearheading electric cars in Africa like Elon Musk is doing with his brand Tesla," he said.
His latest innovation is a solar-powered tricycle which he unveiled recently in Abakaliki, Ebonyi state. In a recent interview with Vanguard, Okafor disclosed that it took about three weeks to complete the solar-powered tricycle, popularly called Keke.

According to him, this was due to limited working tools and machines. He said he was supported by Ebonyi State Vocation College, noting that it wasn’t easy getting to the finished product with the greatest challenge being capital funding. Okafor admitted that materials like the electric motor, axle and controllers with few other accessories were imported. He, however, noted that such materials can be fabricated in Nigeria by him if he gets the necessary funding to commercialize this project.

On how the tricycle works, Okafor said it has solar panels and can charge itself on condition of cloudy weather. He said it can also be charged with the grid or with an external solar power supply of generator.

"On a full charge, it can go 60 to 70km. And on a sunny day, the added panels will extend range by another 10km," he added. The young man said he is still contemplating on a name for his work but at the moment, he calls the tricycle OKAFOR like Ford, Toyota, Honda, Bajaj which are names of the inventors. He said if he has the opportunity of meeting President Muhammadu Buhari, he would ask for capita funding.

Nigerians are keeping up with the world as it advances in technology.

https://www.facebook.com/108272610841830/posts/133862348282856/?app=fbl

https://www.legit.ng/1336429-nigerian-man-built-solar-powered-tricycle-21-days.html

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Cutefergieee: 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nice... I thank everyone for this lofty FTC award tonight.. Waited to be sure I won the award before reading my speech.. Thanks for coming, eat your rice, collect souvenir and go home in peace. Thanks

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Earlystar698(m): 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lala

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Earlystar698(m): 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2020

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Brandstudio01: 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
Too many good heads wasting in this country

Please joor, I will Design Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only

291 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by StubbornGENIUS: 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
WOW!This is highly impressive.He is the kind of brains needed in this our failing country.The goverment should test his product and if deemed worthy,invest in him immediately. Lalasticlala,come and see the handwork of a Unizik Engineering graduate.

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Mraphel: 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lets stop celebrating mediocrity, This thing is too poor to be on the road. A software computer design will give better insight

Since 1960, when will Nigerians learn to build something viable and useful to us.
We cannot afford to continue this way..

Tueh!!

Go and meet with your state governor..Buhari will not fund this type of shallow project from a fully grown adult.
He rather ask China to teach Nigerians how to developed tested and trusted ones.

77 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Whiteangel1234: 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
cheesy grin it can only be Igbo Amaka

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by pyyxxaro: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Innoson make una come employ this guy sharply oh cool

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Mraphel: 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
WOW!This is highly impressive.He is the kind of brains needed in this our failing country.The goverment should test his product and if deemed worthy,invest in him immediately.
The country is failing because we are having this type of brain.

We need our people to go back to the drawing board and develop useful things, Nigerian youth are not lazy. We rather like this thrash that a primary school student can put together and will not function.

We need many hands to work together with this man

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by StubbornGENIUS: 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mraphel:
This thing is too poor to be on Nigerian road.

Since 1960, when will Nigerians learn to build something viable and useful to us.

Tueh!!
That Tueh is for you for talking trash.You can't even commend him instead you are criticizing him negatively.Oya tell me the viable and useful product you have given to anyone let's google it.Mpataka!!!

349 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
I highly doubt you can power a moving vehicle with that,who is this one deceiving sad
The ipob man even wants to meet with Buhari grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by yomi007k(m): 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mraphel:

Tueh!!
Oga. The guy try.

Even in the midst of anarchy someone that can use his bain for something productive should be commended. No be only to talk make people relevant. Even chinese startedby makingfake and substandard products.

All we need is to upgrade and modify the idea.

Correct guy. Kudos to him.

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Ogonimilitant(m): 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
"Akaekpuchi Onwa"

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by yomi007k(m): 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
That Tueh is for you for talking trash.You can't even commend him instead you are criticizing him negatively.Oya tell me the viable and useful product you have given to anyone let's google it.Mpataka!!!

U dont need to argue with people that cant make pure water nylon o. grin

158 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
This man should be commended and not criticized so that he can improve himself more. Kudoz to him.

20 Likes

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Earlystar698(m): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
[s]
Mraphel:

Tueh!!
[/s] hate is the main reason you will never make it in life..
Change your ways so that you will be useful to your amazing parents.

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Vyzz: 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
Great people

Bad leadership

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Earlystar698(m): 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mraphel:

We need our people to go back to the drawing board and develop useful things unlike this thrash that a primary school student can put together.

I can't remember what you have produce since you join this planet, will you die if you appreciate good deed?, I don't blame you, I blame Opera mini that allow you to access this forum for free.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Mraphel: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
yomi007k:

Oga. The guy try.

Even in the midst of anarchy someone that can use his bain for something productive should be commended. No be only to talk make people relevant. Even chinese startedby makingfake and substandard products.

All we need is to upgrade and modify the idea.

Correct guy. Kudos to him.
Not that he did not try his best to solve a problem. Go to developed countries and see how things are being done.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Mraphel: 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
Earlystar698:
I can't remember what you have produce since you join this planet, will you die if you appreciate good deed?, I don't blame you, I blame Opera mini that allow you to access this forum for free.
Can u buy the good deeds? Can it be exported? Can move reliably on Nigerian road?
Ask yourself before u appreciate it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by yomi007k(m): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mraphel:

Not that he did not try his best to solve a problem. Go to developed countries and see how things are being done.

Oga I have been there and seen them.

Nigeria is not in their league. That doesn't mean we should condemn the efforts being made here.

Nigeria and Usa, Uk,Germany,China,Uae etc are never mates but we can start from somewhere.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Vyzz: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mraphel:

We need our people to go back to the drawing board and develop useful things unlike this thrash that a primary school student can put together.

Hoarseshit

We need this type of brain

This is the first stage which will look rough of course but
From here it can be improved. Why don't u just commend him and leave.

Alot of our citizens are roaming around doing nothing, some are turning into rapist, drug addict and so many other stuff.

This guy wey use em brain do something wey we suppose commend am u are here talking YATI YATI

Maybe he should become an armed robber or join fulani herdsmen before u say yes...

U are doing well

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Mraphel: 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Vyzz:

Hoarseshit

We need this type of brain

This is the first stage which will look rough of course but
From here it can be improved. Why don't u just commend him and leave.

Alot of our citizens are roaming around doing nothing, some are turning into rapist, drug addict and so many other stuff.

This guy wey use em brain do something wey we suppose commend am u are here talking YATI YATI

Maybe he should become an armed robber or join fulani herdsmen before u say yes...

U are doing well
We don't need this type of brain. We need a superior brain.

Millions of Nigeria can develop things better than this

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Earlystar698(m): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mraphel:

Can u buy the good deeds? Can it be exported? Can move reliably on Nigerian road?
Ask yourself before u appreciate it
I'm sorry i can't help your ignorance, continue believing what your head tells you. Person we God bless e don bless am. No amount of your negative comments will change the fact that the guy is far above you...

La quote me again la thunder fire you.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Mraphel: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
yomi007k:

Oga I have been there and seen them.

Nigeria is not in their league. That doesn't mean we should condemn the efforts being made here.

Nigeria and Usa, Uk,Germany,China,Uae etc are never mates but we can start from somewhere.
Starting from where is good but not like this one . if we have a plan in this country
We're still going to perambulate on a point and won't move forward.

Let's have a bigger plan

1 Like

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Vyzz: 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mraphel:

We don't need this type of brain. We need a superior brain.

Millions of Nigeria can develop things better than this

Look brother

This is an idea and it can be grown

We don't just stumble on a superior brain, we get a good one, we help it grow and that's it.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Mraphel: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Vyzz:

Look brother

This is an idea and it can be grown

We don't just stumble on a superior brain, we get a good one, we help it grow and that's it.

Ain't no more idea!!! Almost all the countries that Nigerian is better of has built tricycle, cars, phones etc

We have tricycles manufactured and produced in Nigeria better than this one...we need to upgrade rather moving backwards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Vyzz: 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mraphel:

Ain't no more idea!!! Almost all the countries that Nigerian is better of has built tricycle, cars, phones etc

We have tricycles manufactured and produced in Nigeria better than this one...we need to upgrade rather moving backwards

Am done talking to you bro

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Vyzz: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mraphel:

Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by ebujany(m): 7:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
Gud
Re: Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days by Shenseaa(f): 7:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
I hope his talent won't die

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This N600m 2000 Mercedes Benz CLK-GTR Will Leave You Speechless (photos & Video) / Innoson Rolls Out IVM Keke (Pictures) / Mercedes Benz S550 Armoured Sedan : The Official Car Of Prof. Yemi Osibanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.