Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Biblical Laws For Rape - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Laws For Rape (4252 Views)

3 Celestial Church Members In Court For Rape, Organ Harvesting In Lagos / The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape / Biblical Laws For Menstruating Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Laws For Rape by AntiChristian: 10:59am On Jun 08, 2020
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
"If a man encounters a young woman, a virgin who is not engaged, takes hold of her and rapes her, and they are discovered, the man who raped her must give the young woman’s father 50 silver shekels, and she must become his wife because he violated her. He cannot divorce her as long as he lives."

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2020
Excellent idea! smiley
AntiChristian:

"If a man encounters a young woman, a virgin who is not engaged, takes hold of her and rapes her, and they are discovered, the man who raped her must give the young woman’s father 50 silver shekels, and she must become his wife because he violated her. He cannot divorce her as long as he lives."
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Acehart: 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
AntiChristian:

50 silver shekels: that’s like 2 million dollars. Wow. That would cause fear to go down the spine of any potential rapist - great law.

3 Likes

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
Acehart:

50 silver shekels: that’s like 2 million dollars. Wow. That would cause fear to go down the spine of any potential rapist - great law.

That's how merciful the true God is, but in case he did the same to a married woman or engaged lady, he must be exterminated.

Nobody dear rapes a virgin for the fear of such, and after marrying her for that amount, he has no reason to divorce her as long as both of them lives! smiley

1 Like

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by AntiChristian: 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
Acehart:

Maximus69:
Excellent idea! smiley
Maximus69:

That's how merciful the true God is, but in case he did the same to a married woman or engaged lady, he must be exterminated.

Nobody dear rapes a virgin for the fear of such, and after marrying her for that amount, he has no reason to divorce her as long as both of them lives! smiley

People can keep raping and paying paltry money to the virgins they rape?

And Acehart let me break your heart!

50 Israeli Shekel = 14 dollars 23 cents= N5,514.13
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Acehart: 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
AntiChristian:

The rich can keep raping and paying money to the virgins they rape?

You talk like a poor man. Poverty doesn’t seem to be your only ailment, I sense myopia too. The Law says a man cannot marry more than one woman; if he marries one through rape, where is the space for the second? If he rapes again, he can’t fulfill the law even if he has the power to restitute, hence, he will be killed.

You cannot mock God.

But in one religion I know of, many virgins would be given to the faithful without the consent of the virgin’s father or mother. She is snatched like a sheep by a wolf. Her dignity would be defiled for years without end; without restitution or the glamour of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Acehart: 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
AntiChristian:

In haste, you neglected the true value. Israel’s shekel isn’t made of silver. You neglected to recall the future value of money: F = P * ([1 + I]^N - 1 )/I. Perhaps you don’t know this because you are never objective; This vinegar of Satan is your juice.

I hope you have daughters. If any of them would ever be raped as virgins, may you not monetize their virginity.

3 Likes

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by AntiChristian: 3:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
Acehart:

In haste, you neglected the true value. Israel’s shekel isn’t made of silver. You neglected to recall the future value of money: F = P * ([1 + I]^N - 1 )/I. Perhaps you don’t know this because you are never objective; This vinegar of Satan is your juice.

How are you sure the Shekel in Bible was made of Silver?

Use your formula above and tell us how you arrive at 2 million Dollars?

The richest people can just keep raping and paying!
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Acehart: 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
AntiChristian:

How are you sure the Shekel in Bible was made of Silver?

Use your formula above and tell us how you arrive at 2 million Dollars?

The richest people can just keep raping and paying!

[
Acehart:

You talk like a poor man. Poverty doesn’t seem to be your only ailment, I sense myopia too. The Law says a man cannot marry more than one woman; if he marries one through rape, where is the space for the second? If he rapes again, he can’t fulfill the law even if he has the power to restitute, hence, he will be killed.

You cannot mock God.

But in one religion I know of, many virgins would be given to the faithful without the consent of the virgin’s father or mother. She is snatched like a sheep by a wolf. Her dignity would be defiled for years without end; without restitution or the glamour of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by AntiChristian: 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
Acehart:

You cannot mock God.

Jesus too was poor! Poorer than me. Infact he was hungry till he cursed a fig tree because it had no fruit. It's normal to be poor! Which law says a man can not marry more than one? So Why did Moses, Abraham, etc disobeyed the law? And Why does the Lord made laws for polygamy?

Acehart:

Quote the verses that says that here! We hope you won't change what you've written again.
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by AntiChristian: 3:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
Acehart:

I hope you have daughters. If any of them would ever be raped as virgins, may you not monetize their virginity.

How you take know say Satan get Vinegar? You don taste am b4?

Islamic laws are good for rape! So forget that. I won't accept any amount from a rapist to even marry my daughter!

It's easy to criticise Islam but see the laws of your LORD. No wonder you can't use those laws anymore except tithes!
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Acehart: 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2020
AntiChristian:

How you take know say Satan get Vinegar? You don taste am b4?

Islamic laws are good for rape! So forget that. I won't accept any amount from a rapist to even marry my daughter!

It's easy to criticise Islam but see the laws of your LORD. No wonder you can't use those laws anymore except tithes!

According to the Mālikī, Ḥanbalī, and Shāfiʾī schools of law, the rape of a free woman consisted of not one but two violations: a violation against a "right of God" (ḥaqq Allāh), provoking the ḥadd punishment; and a violation against a "human" (interpersonal) right (ḥaqq ādamī), requiring a monetary compensation.

So what is the difference between the bolden and the Mosaic Law? You are either feigning ignorance Or you are ignorant.

Should I teach you financial principles, biblical theology; and the Quranic law too? I’m sure many people have given up on you.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by AntiChristian: 8:07am On Jun 09, 2020
Acehart:

According to the Mālikī, Ḥanbalī, and Shāfiʾī schools of law, the rape of a free woman consisted of not one but two violations: a violation against a "right of God" (ḥaqq Allāh), provoking the ḥadd punishment; and a violation against a "human" (interpersonal) right (ḥaqq ādamī), requiring a monetary compensation.

So what is the difference between the bolden and the Mosaic Law? You are either feigning ignorance Or you are ignorant.

Should I teach you financial principles, biblical theology; and the Quranic law too? I’m sure many people have given up on you.

A Hadd punishment and a monetary compensation! What is the hadd punishment? And where's that in the Bible verse?
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 09, 2020
AntiChristian:

The book says "if a man encounters" meaning the man in question shouldn't be a married man because he will have no excuses for raping a young woman!

Women are also mischievous sometimes, a young lady may seduce he former boyfriend who is preparing to marry another lady, then shout while they're both enjoying sex just to make sure that the man in question is killed to spite her rival.

That's why God's laws must be carefully examined before you can rightly apply it! smiley

1 Like

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by khia: 9:24am On Jun 09, 2020
Maximus69:

That is as sick as hell. Imagine that woman has to look at her rapist for all the days of her life.

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by SharonLoveth(f): 9:57am On Jun 09, 2020
AntiChristian:

Why not telling us how Muhammad raped aishat and the reward for him
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by AntiChristian: 10:37am On Jun 09, 2020
SharonLoveth:

Why not telling us how Muhammad raped aishat and the reward for him

If he didn't rape her then may you be cursed. Aamin.
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 09, 2020
khia:

That is as sick as hell. Imagine that woman has to look at her rapist for all the days of her life.
My friend, she will get married one day won't she?
Is it not a man that she will eventually marry?
What exactly was she doing in the company of a man she never wish to marry?
God's people believe there must have been a cordial relationship between the rapist and the victim otherwise such can't happen in Israel!
So she must forget about the experience and learn to forgive her husband who had no right to divorce her for the rest of their lives! smiley
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by SharonLoveth(f): 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
AntiChristian:

If he didn't rape her then may you be cursed. Aamin.

You won't like to read this:

Muhammad liked to handle Virgins

.Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: I was accompanying the Prophet on a journey and
was riding a slow camel that was lagging behind the others. The Prophet passed by me and asked, "Who is this?" I replied, "Jabir bin 'Abdullah." He asked, "What is the matter, (why are you late)?" I replied, "I am riding a slow camel." He asked, "Do you have a stick?" I replied in the affirmative. He said, "Give it to me." When I gave it to him, he beat the camel and rebuked it. Then that camel surpassed the others thenceforth. The Prophet said, "Sell it to me." I replied, "It is (a gift) for you, O Allah's Apostle." He said, "Sell it to me. I have bought it for four Dinars (gold pieces) and you can keep on riding it till Medina." When we approached Medina, I started going (towards my house). The Prophet said, "Where are you going?" I Sad, "I have married a widow. " He said, "Why have you not married a virgin to handle with each other?" I said, "My father died and left daughters, so I decided to marry a widow (an experienced woman) (to look after them)." He said, "Well done." When we reached Medina, Allah's Apostle said, "O Bilal, pay him (the price of the camel) and give him extra money." Bilal gave me four Dinars and one Qirat extra. (A sub-narrator said): Jabir added, "The extra Qirat of Allah's Apostle never parted from me." The Qirat was always in Jabir bin 'Abdullah's purse.

Sahih Bukhari 3:38:504

1 Like

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by AntiChristian: 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
SharonLoveth:

You won't like to read this:

Muhammad liked to handle Virgins

.Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: I was accompanying the Prophet on a journey and
was riding a slow camel that was lagging behind the others. The Prophet passed by me and asked, "Who is this?" I replied, "Jabir bin 'Abdullah." He asked, "What is the matter, (why are you late)?" I replied, "I am riding a slow camel." He asked, "Do you have a stick?" I replied in the affirmative. He said, "Give it to me." When I gave it to him, he beat the camel and rebuked it. Then that camel surpassed the others thenceforth. The Prophet said, "Sell it to me." I replied, "It is (a gift) for you, O Allah's Apostle." He said, "Sell it to me. I have bought it for four Dinars (gold pieces) and you can keep on riding it till Medina." When we approached Medina, I started going (towards my house). The Prophet said, "Where are you going?" I Sad, "I have married a widow. " He said, "Why have you not married a virgin to handle with each other?" I said, "My father died and left daughters, so I decided to marry a widow (an experienced woman) (to look after them)." He said, "Well done." When we reached Medina, Allah's Apostle said, "O Bilal, pay him (the price of the camel) and give him extra money." Bilal gave me four Dinars and one Qirat extra. (A sub-narrator said): Jabir added, "The extra Qirat of Allah's Apostle never parted from me." The Qirat was always in Jabir bin 'Abdullah's purse.

Sahih Bukhari 3:38:504

So an advice to someone to marry a virgin is now confusing you? Is this your evidence for the previous claim of rape?

You are cursed if you can't bring any evidence for the rape you claim!

We have several hadiths like that

Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah:
While we were returning from a Ghazwa (Holy Battle) with the Prophet, I started driving my camel fast, as it was a lazy camel A rider came behind me and pricked my camel with a spear he had with him, and then my camel started running as fast as the best camel you may see. Behold! The rider was the Prophet (ﷺ) himself. He said, 'What makes you in such a hurry?" I replied, I am newly married " He said, "Did you marry a virgin or a matron? I replied, "A matron." He said, "Why didn't you marry a young girl so that you may play with her and she with you?" When we were about to enter (Medina), the Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Wait so that you may enter (Medina) at night so that the lady of unkempt hair may comb her hair and the one whose husband has been absent may shave her pubic region.
Bukhari
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by khia: 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2020
Maximus69:

My friend, she will get married one day won't she?
Is it not a man that she will eventually marry?
What exactly was she doing in the company of a man she never wish to marry?
God's people believe there must have been a cordial relationship between the rapist and the victim otherwise such can't happen in Israel!
So she must forget about the experience and learn to forgive her husband who had no right to divorce her for the rest of their lives! smiley

You are insane. Since when does a woman have to know a rapist? "Love him"? I'm sure you meant to write "Kill him.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
khia:

You are insane. Since when does a woman have to know a rapist? "Love him"? I'm sure you meant to write "Kill him.

Why is it that most of you often talk with immaturity?

Just listen to yourself! undecided

You're chatting on some rules that a country has been using for centuries and while discussing about the good and bad side of the rules the next thing is to tell the one chatting with you "You are insane" embarassed

Am i the one who wrote those laws?
Aren't we just chatting friendly?

Please i'm sorry for engaging you in such mature discussions, forgive me i won't try such with you again! undecided

1 Like

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by meobizy(f): 7:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
khia:

aKaTaS ArE aNiMaLS wHo DeSeRVe To LiVe In CaGeS. yOu ArE acTuALLy MoNKeyS dIsGuISeD iN hUmAN sKiN. iT iS oBvIOuS iN yOuR vIoLeNT wAyS aNd MaNNeRiSmS.
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by advocatejare(m): 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
AntiChristian:

What happened when Muhammad raped Maria the copt, Hafsa's slave on Hafsa's bed and Hafsa caught him pant down.

Muhammad was jittery and sworn never to do such again before Allah the immoral god came to his rescue and said Muhammad could sleep with anything

1 Like

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by advocatejare(m): 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
AntiChristian:

How much did Muhammad paid when he raped Maria the copt aka Maria al-Qibtiyya?

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
advocatejare:

How much did Muhammad paid when he raped Maria the copt aka Maria al-Qibtiyya?
The messenger of Allah has been forgiven for sins he committed yesterday, he has been pardoned for the sins he committed today, and he has been vindicated for the sins he will commit tomorrow.
So who are you to charge Allah's messenger for what has been granted from above? cheesy
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by khia: 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
Maximus69:

You're chatting on some rules that a country has been using for centuries and while discussing about the good and bad side of the rules the next thing is to tell the one chatting with you "You are insane" embarassed

Please i'm sorry for engaging you in such mature discussions, forgive me i won't try such with you again! undecided

You are right, I didn't mean to offend you. I apologize for the offense not my opinion. smiley
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by advocatejare(m): 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
AntiChristian:

And here is the Islamic stance on rape, that the hypocrites copied from Deuteronomy

Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab that Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan gave a judgment that the rapist had to pay the raped woman her bride- price.
Yahya said that he heard Malik say, "What is done in our community about the man who rapes a woman, virgin or non-virgin, if she is free, is that he must pay the bride-price of the like of her. If she is a slave, he must pay what he has diminished of her worth. The hadd-punishment in such cases is applied to the rapist, and there is no punishment applied to the raped woman. If the rapist is a slave, that is against his master unless he wishes to surrender him." Muwatta Malik : Book 36, Hadith 1418
Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by advocatejare(m): 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
Maximus69:

The messenger of Allah has been forgiven for sins he committed yesterday, he has been pardoned for the sins he committed today, and he has been vindicated for the sins he will commit tomorrow.
So who are you to charge Allah's messenger for what has been granted from above? cheesy
grin Fraud grin

1 Like

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
khia:

You are right, I didn't mean to offend you. I apologize for the offense not my opinion. smiley
It's OK, there is nobody who doesn't make mistakes in speech! James 3:2
God bless you! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by Acehart: 8:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Maximus69:

...and women were taught patience and decency. Sorry. Please forgive her.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Laws For Rape by khia: 8:14pm On Jun 09, 2020
Maximus69:

It's OK, there is nobody who doesn't make mistakes in speech! James 3:2
God bless you! smiley

smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Return Of The Nimrod (Exposing False religious Leaders) / Dawkins Tells Atheists To "Mock Religion With Contempt," And Ravi's Response / Dr. Sign Fireman Storms Cameroon, South Africa and Umuahia!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.