Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,209 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum (2483 Views)

I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by TimmyEEE(m): 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
My elder brother has a girlfriend whom I can call his fiance , because our parents know about it and they are getting married very soon

We live very close , his girlfriend's parent house is directly opposite ours,so she comes to our house virtually everyday

It happened that last Sunday , the girl, her younger sister , her mum , and my mum had to come home together after the Church service. Both mums were carrying bags , her younger sister collected from her own mum. Courtesy demands that she collects the bag from my mum not because she is her mother-in-law to be , but she is also well older than her mum. She didn't collect the bag from her.she once did the same thing and I heard my mum reporting her to my dad.she does other things that show she doesn't have respect for my mum

This one she did last Sunday got my mum to report her to my brother and I was even surprised that my brother couldn't even say what I expected him to say. He was like " she(my mum) should have called her and correct her rather than coming to him"

They ( my bro and his girlfriend) went somewhere together on Sunday and they came back later at night. He actually told her about what my mum said.when they got back at night
, they both went inside the room before she could even come out and beg my mum( she didn't even kneel down)

Since then, my brother hasn't been talking well to my mum.I wonder why.

Also,I expected the girl to come and beg my mum to show she was actually sorry , but she didn't even mention about it

I'm really pissed off right now
What do you say about this please?
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Manuel69: 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
You are really pissed off you said?
It's between your mom and your bro.
Talk to your bro to talk to her, probably the wife to be is not well cultured and probably not doing any of those things afromentioned purposely.
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Genoa(m): 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
Your brother is a pvssy.
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Celenwa1: 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2020
what is your brother reation
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by SweetCunt97(f): 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
What's d disrespect here? She didn't carry her load?

Women and wahala sha

7 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by We4all: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
You guys seem like the petty type (your mom inclusive). I guess this is what plays out when your would be mother in-law is your next door neighbour. Let the poor girl be, and stop making a mountain out of a mole hill!

28 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Vyzz: 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
Tell ur elder brother to go and find a house and stay if she wants to be doing lovey-dovey stuff
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Warfibabe(f): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
This is exactly how it starts. Poor girl!

11 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
You're simply creating non-existent issues because these scenarios don't depict any disrespect at all.

14 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by jeff1607(m): 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
hope the girl licks the floor you guys walk on so you guys can be happy

17 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
TimmyEEE:
My elder brother has a girlfriend whom I can call his fiance , because our parents know about it and they are getting married very soon

We live very close , his girlfriend's parent house is directly opposite ours,so she comes to our house virtually everyday

It happened that last Sunday , the girl, her younger sister , her mum , and my mum had to come home together after the Church service. Both mums were carrying bags , her younger sister collected from her own mum. Courtesy demands that she collects the bag from my mum not because she is her mother-in-law to be , but she is also well older than her mum. She didn't collect the bag from her.she once did the same thing and I heard my mum reporting her to my dad.she does other things that show she doesn't have respect for my mum

This one she did last Sunday got my mum to report her to my brother and I was even surprised that my brother couldn't even say what I expected him to say. He was like " she(my mum) should have called her and correct her rather than coming to him"

They ( my bro and his girlfriend) went somewhere together on Sunday and they came back later at night. He actually told her about what my mum said.when they got back at night
, they both went inside the room before she could even come out and beg my mum( she didn't even kneel down)

Also,I expected the girl to come and beg my mum to show she was actually sorry , but she didn't even mention about it

God may I never get married into this type of family.
Tueh!
So problematic! And petty!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Eketem: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
Witchcraft, witches and wizards evil people looking for how to stress somebodys child. She should ignore her mothers bag and carry for your mom, you were too busy gossiping to follow your own mom around and carry her bag abi?

Ndi she dinnor kneel down.

May God protect my kids from this kind of witchcraft.

Poor girl relationship is doomed you will not rest until they break up .

Respect your own mother leave her alone foolish child

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Eketem: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
chivera018:
God may I never get married into this type of family.
Tueh!
So problematic! And petty!

Amen

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Ningen(m): 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
Courtesy demands that she collects the bag from my mum not because she is her mother-in-law to be , but she is also well older than her mum.

Courtesy is not an obligation, it's consideration.

Your mum carried her bag to church.
She should be the one to carry it back home.

NO shades of disrespect here whatsoever. So why must she kneel & beg just to feed your ego?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by NoToPile: 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lool

Disadvantage of staying close by. If its the one you visit his parents once in 6 months this can never come up lailai.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by bukatyne(f): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
TimmyEEE:

Your family's concern is right.

When there are a group of people, the younger person offers to carry the stuff of the older who might now decline (if desired.)

Your mom also raising the issue with your brother instead of the girl directly shows she respects 'protocol' and doesn't want to start on a wrong footing.

The girl not apologizing to your mum after your brother raised the issue to her (for peace to reign) shows she doesn't care about the feelings and is not humble.

Talk to your brother to talk to her. A simple 'sorry' goes a long way sometimes.

The girl should also calm down so she does not generate bad blood and ruin the relationship between both families.

Goodluck.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by sweetmelanin(f): 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
What is this? undecided
.. she's disrespectful because she didn't carry your mother's bag? Such nonsense! angry
If this lady loves her life, she mustn't marry into your ridiculous family lipsrsealed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Ulunne777(f): 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Useless post. grin grin
Kill her nah

5 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Mindlog: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
OP, it is high time your elder brother move out of your family house and get his own place, so "the girl" would be less in your faces and let them build their relationship as they deem fit and less monitoring spirits that keeps a log book on how "the girl" behaves.

Certainly, for the sake of one's long term mental wellbeing there are some families one should neither marry into nor marry from.

10 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by elektra(f): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Did your mother give the bag to the girl and she refused? I guess the girl should have read her mind.

All this useless matters introduce unnecessary strife to a family. Now your entire family is complaining about handbag. Shebi shame is not catching your people?

If your mother has an issue carrying her own bag then maybe she should leave the bag at home.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by NoToPile: 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
sweetmelanin:
What is this? undecided
.. she's disrespectful because she didn't carry your mother's bag? Such nonsense! angry
If this lady loves her life, she mustn't marry into your ridiculous family lipsrsealed

Actually if they are all Yoruba's its very disrespectful.

The Younger sister collected her mums bag, the next available young person is supposed to collect the luggage of the other elderly person that is how it is.

It really has nothing to do with with whether its her prospective MIL or not. Even if it was another person entirely its still disrespectful.

But then all these is happening because they are all in close proximity, these are issues distance helps avoid.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Donald3d(m): 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2020
The way people stress themselves over things they shouldn't, na wa .

3 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nothing wrong with her appologising to the woman, but to say you expect her to kneel and appologise is simply stupi*d. What' if she wasn't living close but stays in another town, wouldn't your brother still marry her? Familiarity breeds insults, she isn't wise, otherwise she is supposed to reduce the way she visits your family house.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Olude193: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
Culture in upbringing is very important

My two cents
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Frankicent(m): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
[color=#006600
]I know you guys are Yoruba. Why is it that the Yoruba's deserve respect by all means. Instead, of commanding respect.

If you see an elder person you don't know. It's your choice to greet or not. The Yoruba's take this too serious. If you don't gree dem fit reason your matter with gods.

2: you can't do Something without them gossiping at you.

3: Most will betray you

No offense, you know that's the truth.

Your brother gf might not be yoruba or she's still a small girl, arrogant or just immature.

She might not know your mother will count that as an offense[/color]

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Kendumazy(m): 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
See finish things.
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by mission08: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
You seem to have much time on your hand which has turned you to a monitoring spirit. Haba, she apologised without kneeling down, how is that an issue? Pray tell me, do you prostrate every time you apologise to your mum or do your sisters knee down when doing same?

If your brother knows what is good for him, he should move out from your family house. Otherwise, trivial issues like this will ruin his relationship. And as for the girl, she better make herself scarce.

For a guy, you are so so petty and by the way, how old are you? You will benefit from some level of exposure.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by SirToothBrush: 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
Genoa:
Your brother is a pvssy.
as in... Both of them are Simp
Simpletons
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by delectablegyal(f): 7:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
all these pvssy niggerscheesy.
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by HoliMaree: 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
To me this isn't an issue. All these things exist among the poor. If this young man had a job he will not have time to monitor his brother's girlfriend. Try look for job niga

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by TrollPolice001: 8:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
What a terrible family, my heart felt sympathy to the said lady, may God help her

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by worworbabe: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
Eberybody ahould carry their own bag. What is the fuss about?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Circumcision: Grandma Kills Grand Daughter / How Do You Handle A Wife That You Love So Much But Still Cheated On You? / Does Good Manners Give Rise To Good Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.