Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) (37140 Views)

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by darkstar6971(m): 1:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Hello fellow Nairalanders pls I'm here for a suggestion and let it be positive pls ain't need no insult... grin
I'm having a girlfriend which is 29yrs and I'm just 23 years, We both love each other to the extent that we don't even knew the time we start the relationship... pls I need your suggestions here...

Please moderators help me to move this thread to front page so as to get more positive suggestions.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by cooooooks(m): 1:15am On Oct 25, 2021
Yes. Age is a number.

Your relationship has to be based on MUTUAL RESPECT; like all relationships.

Biko, if this is still puppy love, do NOT get married.

Be together for like 2 years first before marrying.
darkstar6971:
Hello fellow Nairalanders pls I'm here for a suggestion and let it be positive pls ain't need no insult... grin
I'm having a girlfriend which is 29yrs and I'm just 23 years, We both love each other to the extent that we don't even knew the time we start the relationship... pls I need your suggestions here...

Please moderators help me to move this thread to front page so as to get more positive suggestions.

CC: Lalasticlala

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by kenzo25(m): 1:23am On Oct 25, 2021
If u really love her , age shouldn’t be a barrier. Like someone said age is just a number. If both parties love each, there should be any problem at all. I wish u all the best in your relationship.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by SportsHD: 1:36am On Oct 25, 2021
Been there, done that. Older women are, gandemmit cool, too loving.

213 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Kobojunkie: 1:40am On Oct 25, 2021
darkstar6971:
I'm having a girlfriend which is 29yrs and I'm just 23 years, We both love each other to the extent that we don't even knew the time we start the relationship... pls I need your suggestions here....
Love no be for mouth. If you truly love this your galfriend, why do you need the input of others in this or any case? undecided

Are you here looking for suggestions on how to make the age gap between you two go 'poof!'? undecided

Or are you here seeking a reason for to end the relationship because of the age gap which seems to be an issue for you? undecided

227 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:12am On Oct 25, 2021
Shakira and Gerard Piqué have been married for about 10 years now, Shakira is Older than Piqué and there's been no bad news about them(none that I know of).
Macron is way younger than his wife and younger than her children.
I think what you should be more concerned about is respect, do you both respect eachother regardless of the age difference? Even if you're older and neither of you respects the other, it might not work unless you both enjoy violence.
Personally, respect and other stuff are what I consider and not the age (especially if the age gap isn't much).
Anyway, no be Piqué, Macron and other people go decide for you.
What do you both want? How do you treat eachother?

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by ebicon(f): 2:18am On Oct 25, 2021
Why not ?

2 Likes

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by oldienavie: 3:13am On Oct 25, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:
Shakira and Gerard Piqué have been married for about 10 years now, Shakira is Older than Piqué and there's been no bad news about them(none that I know of).
Macron is way younger than his wife and younger than her children.
I think what you should be more concerned about is respect, do you both respect eachother regardless of the age difference? Even if you're older and neither of you respects the other, it might not work unless you both enjoy violence.
Personally, respect and other stuff are what I consider and not the age (especially if the age gap isn't much).
Anyway, no be Piqué, Macron and other people go decide for you.
What do you both want? How do you treat eachother?
In all these examples there is not 1 single African there talkless of Nigerian.
Even abroad, younger men marrying older women is the exception not the norm.

@oP na small child still dey do you... when you grow up small your eye will open.
Age is not just a number, especially if you are an African. Oyinbo people have already normalised homosexuality while it carries 14 year jail term in Nigeria.
The summary of my talk is that we are Africans/Nigerians and as such reason like one.

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by eazzzy1(m): 3:38am On Oct 25, 2021
The lady has lived her life while you are just about to start yours. You don’t want to be trapped in marriage at 23. If she can wait 6 more years.

If you were 33 and she was 39 it wouldn’t be a big deal, would she have looked at you 4 years ago when she was 25? I wouldn’t even advise a 29 year old man to marry a 23 year old girl. A 23 year old is a baby with baby priorities.

Even a 20 year old girl has seen more life than the average 23 year old boy in terms of relationships. Date all you want but don’t get married at 23 to a 29 year old woman.

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Megabig: 4:48am On Oct 25, 2021
Count it all joy you have someone you love, the earlier you take that age thing off your head the better for you. Marry her asap if y’all are compatible. Don’t listen to people on the advice of age, you just need to do what will make you happy the rest of your life. Be happy and forget that age.

My mum is 78 and my dad is 69, we’ve all grown and are happy. I wish my dad can advice you on this because their experience about people back then according to him was worst, now most of those people are either dead, had issues or barely surviving. But here they are, went though thick and thin and still at it. Please do you, no advisor will live with you the rest of your life and if something goes wrong when you take their advice, they will come back to tell you that you had your choice to make because they only adviced you��� and not choose for you. So do you bro

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 25, 2021
undecided
Are you sure you're ready and mature enough for marriage?

Are you financially comfortable to some extent?

Can you conviniently cater for three as at now?

What are your prospects?

Let me tell you, marriage is not only all about those butterfly in your belly feelings. You must be ready in all ramifications otherwise you'll jump out almost immediately when the nitti-gritti of marriage starts hitting you left right and center. And I mean the bills, financial burdens and responsibilities of marriage. So if you're not well prepared to shoulder all that or go through it, you better sit back and work harder before jumping into it.

Marriage is not lalaland or a fun park.
It's not childs play. It's a serious lifetime venture.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by money121(m): 6:08am On Oct 25, 2021
Yes u can Mali grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Sonnobax15(m): 6:21am On Oct 25, 2021
lipsrsealed
Op, you just want to bury yourself,with your own hands small small...

You wor go start your young life by reading evening newspaper undecided

Any ways,rip in addy lipsrsealed

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by greenie77: 6:26am On Oct 25, 2021
You can't, for you to even create a thread for it, is an indication you are not even sure of what you are involved in.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by UndauntedYOCA(f): 7:33am On Oct 25, 2021
oldienavie:

In all these examples there is not 1 single African there talkless of Nigerian.
Even abroad, younger men marrying older women is the exception not the norm.

@oP na small child still dey do you... when you grow up small your eye will open.
Age is not just a number, especially if you are an African. Oyinbo people have already normalised homosexuality while it carries 14 year jail term in Nigeria.
The summary of my talk is that we are Africans/Nigerians and as such reason like one.
I do not know of relatable popular Nigerians that I could have used. If I did, I'd surely have used them but I'm sure there are people who are younger than their wives and are living happily.
Don't mislead the OP into thinking it's just marriages where the husband is the older ones that work.

8 Likes

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by frozen70(f): 8:49am On Oct 25, 2021
darkstar6971:

CC: Lalasticlala

What advice do you need exactly?

To go on, or not to go on

Just follow your heart, whatever comes out of it, you are an adult, so you can take responsibilities

It seems your family and loved ones have given you approval.

Who are we to disapprove it

Experience is the best teacher
Be ready to mark your own script

8 Likes

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by frozen70(f): 8:53am On Oct 25, 2021
greenie77:
You can't, for you to even create a thread for it, is an indication you are not even sure of what you are involved in.

His case is like, someone that have junior waec, he skipped senior waec and want to do jamb exams because his mates are writing Jamb

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Aurelius1(m): 8:54am On Oct 25, 2021
Megabig:
Count it all joy you have someone you love, the earlier you take that age thing off your head the better for you. Marry her asap if y’all are compatible. Don’t listen to people on the advice of age, you just need to do what will make you happy the rest of your life. Be happy and forget that age.

My mum is 78 and my dad is 69, we’ve all grown and are happy. I wish my dad can advice you on this because their experience about people back then according to him was worst, now most of those people are either dead, had issues or barely surviving. But here they are, went though thick and thin and still at it. Please do you, no advisor will live with you the rest of your life and if something goes wrong when you take their advice, they will come back to tell you that you had your choice to make because they only adviced you��� and not choose for you. So do you bro
Wow! I love this. This is the true definition of love and family.

10 Likes

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by bukatyne(f): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

I do not know of relatable popular Nigerians that I could have used. If I did, I'd surely have used them but I'm sure there are people who are younger than their wives and are living happily.
Don't mislead the OP into thinking it's just marriages where the husband is the older ones that work.

I think current Ondo State Governor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by bukatyne(f): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2021
greenie77:

I agree.

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2021
bukatyne:

I think current Ondo State Governor.
Really? I never knew. Well, I know some people like that but I just had to use prominent people as examples.
I actually think age doesn't really matter sha, people are free to marry people who make them happy.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Richy4(m): 11:08am On Oct 25, 2021

I don't want to read meaning into this.. u said u were JUST 23... key word 'Just'....

So u were 23... that does not stop u in anyway from loving her, or does it?

If U think that u will disrespect her in future by telling her that she was older than u during heated argument...and other bla bla bla that goes with immaturity, please disappear now...

I don't really like that JUST-23 I saw there, I don't know why..

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Naijawhyy: 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2021
Nooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Galogaloo(m): 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2021
It depends on the circumstances surrounding both of you

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by 69Ansour69: 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
You know the drill, Bruv

NOTHIN' ELSE MATTERS BUT LOVE!!!

And as long as you can PSYCHOLOGICALLY PERSUADE her in the Chemistry game, then you're good to go, Bruv!
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by saddler: 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
cool

You wan marry your aunty

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by ogoloray(m): 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
You wan to marry someone that has been having sex since you were a child? Well go ahead and marry her...

She will make a great wife! grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Udodiri01: 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2021
See my man... She Sabi watin she de do, na you no Sabi watin you de do.....
The truth is that you are too young to understand things about love... A woman of that age is emotionally more mature for a guy your age or even her age.... The truth is it might not work especially in this path of the world.. Unless ur natural attracted to more mature women.... Don't worry you will have the experience and it will make you a better person both positive or negative outcome

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Mother Of A Set Of Twins Gives Birth To A Set Of Triplets. Photos / Four Generations Photo Of 4 Women / Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.