Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM (1987 Views)

Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm / Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning / Two Men Pose With The Money They Are About To Cash Out At The ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 1:41am On Jun 10, 2020
I saw this somewhere and it resonates.

So much talk about cashless, but I do not even think we are ready for it.

How did the author miss out the mad queue at ATMs, especially during festive periods? The queue can make you want to withdraw all your money and go keep under your bed. cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11701531_309d52593cfb42f1b341e26a3482b562_jpeg_jpeg68329f63a6ad78bd745e927537aef812

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 1:43am On Jun 10, 2020
Been a victim few times, luckily they were on-us transactions. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 1:43am On Jun 10, 2020
In this era of destroying debit cards?

Anyway, the word is RETRACT. Not swallow, not eat...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 1:44am On Jun 10, 2020
Lol. You might even decide to step back a little, just so they can see the screen and know it isn’t your fault. cry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 1:45am On Jun 10, 2020
I don’t get it, is it me that is good to stand under sun??

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 1:46am On Jun 10, 2020
You start looking at the other queue and wondering how to go join them at the back. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 1:47am On Jun 10, 2020
Pele... cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 1:50am On Jun 10, 2020
I used to look at people reconfirming their cash at ATM points and wondered what kind of trust issue they suffer from. Thinking of it now, I think I am the one with issues. lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by Lhimeet(m): 1:54am On Jun 10, 2020
cheesy grin grin
Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by majamajic(m): 2:28am On Jun 10, 2020
Hmmm
Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 10, 2020
Click like if you think this pictures are not funny and that the thread is a waste of data.

Click share if you think it is still not funny.

Don't click at all if you think the pictures are funny.

Like who wakes up in the middle of the night just to open a boring thread like this?

Evidence of loneliness and empty bed.

By the order of the Peaky blinders.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by izzou(m): 3:51am On Jun 10, 2020
grin

I once travelled from Koko to Yauri just to withdraw my last card from the ATM grin

My card got swallowed at First bank, Yauri. embarassed

Thank God someone decided to give me a lift back home, if not, I no know how I would have walked about 90km on foot

Anytime I remember it, I shed hot, creamy tears cry cry

8 Likes

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by saucecode(m): 7:59am On Jun 10, 2020
pocohantas:
Pele... cheesy
No explanation?
Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2020
izzou:
grin

I once travelled from Koko to Yauri just to withdraw my last card from the ATM grin

Thank God someone decided to give me a lift back home, if not, I no know how I would have walked about 90km on foot

I once had a young man walk up to me with this same story. I ran a quick anti-fraud test in my headgrin. The result wasn’t clear. I give am the 1k, after all, 1k no fit kill me and I wouldn’t like to find out later that he genuinely needed it.

I was just looking at him as he walked away. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by izzou(m): 8:17am On Jun 10, 2020
pocohantas:

I once had a young man walk up to me with this same story. I ran a quick anti-fraud test in my headgrin. The result wasn’t clear. I give am the 1k, after all, 1k no fit kill me and I wouldn’t like to find out later that he genuinely needed it.

I was just looking at him as he walked away. cheesy

Some times, it happens. It's just that fraudsters have taken it as a game.

I didn't even have the courage to ask. I was hopeless.

ATM wahala can be frustrating and embarrassing at the same time

1 Like

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by Froshloaded: 8:42am On Jun 10, 2020
pocohantas:
Been a victim few times, luckily they were on-us transactions. grin

This one is always painful oo grin
Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 10, 2020
Omo I've suffered all apart from number 8. The day that one will happen, I'll just open bank under my bed smiley

2 Likes

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by Epositive(m): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2020
ATM has really stressed my life. There was a time my card won't function on ATM but will work on POS. When I got tired of paying extra #50 per withdrawal, I jejely requested for another one. sad
Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by OgwuEgo: 9:58am On Jun 10, 2020
cheesy
Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by babyfaceafrica: 10:12am On Jun 10, 2020
izzou:
grin

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by babyfaceafrica: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2020
If only our banks work better and have better commercial services, we won't need to visit the bank often..ATM na backup for me ó.. Bank transfer is Bae!
Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2020
pocohantas:

I knw it was a matter of time, so you now av the temerity to correct naija oriented vocabularies ... however "Retract" sounds inappropriate, cos retract involves giving & taking it back by a party, an atm cannot give you your card & take it back undecided with the atm scenerio ... i think retained is more suitable.
you sabi vocabulary ur school no retract you .. tongue grin grin aunty wey miumiu

1 Like

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by okeyben10: 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol

I think if its same bank you can retrieve it

1 Like

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by Epositive(m): 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
izzou:
grin

Premium tears cry grin
Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 8:27am On Jun 11, 2020
okeyben10:

Lol I think if its same bank you can retrieve it

Yea, you are right cheesy. Issues are generally easier to resolve if it is same bank.

Froshloaded:

This one is always painful oo grin

Very painful. You start waiting for reversal. Any message wey enter phone, you go rush am, come see NCDC. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 8:34am On Jun 11, 2020
anslem04:

I knw it was a matter of time, so you now av the temerity to correct naija oriented vocabularies ... however "Retract" sounds inappropriate, cos retract involves giving & taking it back by a party, an atm cannot give you your card & take it back undecided with the atm scenerio ... i think retained is more suitable.
you sabi vocabulary ur school no retract you .. tongue grin grin aunty wey miumiu

It is not about what you THINK is appropriate, considering you don’t have the mental capability to think well. It is about the lingo of the industry you know nothing about.

Even CBN issued guidelines on RETRACTED cards, then you, an Ogbomoso graduate says it is RETAIN(ED)? You mustn’t always expose your ignorance because you want to counter every single post I make. Why are you so silly? shocked

Retained kor, Housemanship ni.

8 Likes

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2020
pocohantas:

It is not about what you THINK is appropriate, considering you don’t have the mental capability to think well. It is about the lingo of the industry you know nothing about.

Even CBN issued guidelines on RETRACTED cards, then you, an Ogbomoso graduate says it is RETAIN(ED)? You mustn’t always expose your ignorance because you want to counter every single post I make. Why are you so silly? shocked

Retained kor, Housemanship ni.

O funny! what you think about my capacity does not discredit the fact that your lingo can't pass 4 a correction. even street lingos such as "swallow" by virtue of meaning explains the situation perfectly compared to your so called "industry lingo" whether we show interest or not financial institution are all up in our business wink roger that.
I had 2 type "retracted card" on google, the search results only justified you are an overhyped average gurl that cheated her way through abia uni.. cold room grin grin ... your biggest mistake u shuld av kept ignoring,

1 Like

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
anslem04:

O funny! what you think about my capacity does not discredit the fact that your lingo can't pass 4 a correction. even street lingos such as "swallow" by virtue of meaning explains the situation perfectly compared to your so called "industry lingo" whether we show interest or not financial institution are all up in our business wink roger that.
I had 2 type "retracted card" on google, the search results only justified you are an overhyped average gurl that cheated her way through abia uni.. cold room grin grin ... your biggest mistake u shuld av kept ignoring,

Smh. The only reason I ignore you is, you drain my IQ. When you type, it comes off like one eleran shouting and cursing in Yoruba language. It is not my biggest mistake, you are actually very dumb and you don’t know how stupid you come off countering things you know nothing about.

The other day you were arguing the fact that organizations are working shifts and remotely. Today it is about cards. Don’t try to cajole me into ignoring you. Whenever I have the time, I will slap senses into your empty head.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by Ishilove: 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
pocohantas:
You start looking at the other queue and wondering how to go join them at the back. angry
This just burns angry
Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by pocohantas(f): 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ishilove:

This just burns angry

I swear! Immediately those ones go start to tighten their queue. cheesy
Re: 8 Stressful Thoughts Every Nigerian Has When Using The ATM by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
pocohantas:

Smh. The only reason I ignore you is, you drain my IQ. When you type, it comes off like one eleran shouting and cursing in Yoruba language. It is not my biggest mistake, you are actually very dumb and you don’t know how stupid you come off countering things you know nothing about.

The other day you were arguing the fact that organizations are working shifts and remotely. Today it is about cards. Don’t try to cajole me into ignoring you. Whenever I have the time, I will slap senses into your empty head.

I guess your definition of low centres around "my tribe" speaking of your carefree selection, eleran,curse and ogbomoso graduate grin all that in aggregrate does not even sum up to one, tbh am beginnin to give up yu will eva guess anytin rite about me undecided "Slap" was that how you got that thing you call a brain, apparently ur mom stopped.
I will ignore your diversions,cos mere thot of screwing sense thru yu nauseate me undecided .. so i will keep it @ exposing ur oversabi asss(iyanma) with references, when yu are ready to defend "retract for a card" holla grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Who Have Head About Qnet Business? / Lagos Nigeria Real Estate Affiliate Program / Buy From The Alaba International Market !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.