Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning (61843 Views)

Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm / Two Men Pose With The Money They Are About To Cash Out At The ATM / How to pay for things online using ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by micronut(m): 10:55am On Dec 12, 2019
I was hungry this morning and I realized I need to cash some money for other purposes too, so I left for an ATM spot to make withdraws.

I met a long queue at an ATM spot.

Then I told the last person that I’m behind him as normal tradition we used to say now. Lol

Then I stood at one corner pressing my fone.

Noticed the queue isn’t moving..

My mind sensed that some people who need 2weeks seminar training on how to use an ATM must have been in charge..

The rest on the queue start screaming, “bros what’s it now, if e no work let another person use it abeg”.

Then I stepped forward and openly asked the guy wetin be the problem..

He said the machine is running but only taking too long.

Then after mins… The card was let out with Issuer whatever.. Lol

I stepped aside..

Then the next person stepped in – a woman.

After 2mins, she said machine is not dispensing.

Others shouted haaa..

I saw some folks like two to three people leaving the queue.

As I look am, something told me na insufficient credit the woman see.. Lol

May be na person wey no get shishi for account before way her husband transfer N5,000 to, and Bank don common their normal normal, to be left with N4,978 lol..

Let her spend 20yrs infront of ATM

E no go see the 5k Withdraw.. Lol

Then the next person follows.

With his Okada man jacket..

He did wuruwuru on the machine.

I was watching, a bit away.

I knew something is not wrong with the machine but the people coming to use it. Lol

Then as expected, the Oga no see money, e no see card oo.. Lol

The machine don swallow am whallai.

He called on me for help.. I see say the machine is ready for another card… Chai.

I told him, Carry your Okada go campus, UBA dey there, go lodge complain.

Then he opened up, no be me get the card, na person give me for our house to help him withdraw come.

Haaa. Sangbaa fo! (Trouble landed o)

I told him.. Go carry the person, make you both follow go the bank.

Next person pls…

About 20 people on queue but no one is ready to try because of fear of card Swallowing… Lol

Then, I slot in mine.

A perfect time I had been waiting for.

At least no one will blame me for jumping the queue. Lol

They all Watched.

Pin?.. Pam. Pam. I entered am.

Withdrawal ? Yes

N65 Transaction charge? Yes now. Damilohun, kota ma yomi ooo.

Receipt? Iwo lo mo.. Suit yourself.

I sha Pressed Yes.

How much ? N5,000 is Okay.

Make I buy pampas for Mariam.

Then I begin wait for transaction processing.

Fiam, Owode ooo. (Money is here o) Lol

Dispensed o.

Then I heard someone on the queue saying “But Ohun sise now.. Awon to n lo, lataro ni o mo lo.. ” (No Translation�)

Then all shouted next person pls as I left for Iya Dara’s shop to chop rice before Wolewole come park all of us, because it’s environmental day here.

Ate finish, dey go my work, still see many of them on queue. May be some other clueless users are encountering problems again. Lol

I learned three lessons.

1. When you hear people fail, don’t be quick to blame the system, they may be architect of their own misfortune.

2. Many times, it is not the ATM that has problems, it is the users. Many forget their pins, some are sluggish to make decisions on how much to withdraw, they only think about it at that point. I know one bad ass old ECO bank ATM that will not give you money if you are not fast to punch the machine. Any lag, it will waste your time before giving you back your card.

3. Before you quit, find out if the problem is actually not worth solving. This is for the 3 folks that left when the woman said the machine is not dispensing.

https://naijalocals.com.ng/using-at-atm-3-lessons-i-learned-at-the-atm-spot-this-morning/

448 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by SEGLIZ: 10:59am On Dec 12, 2019
........... a funny way to start the day, motivated though.

193 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by micronut(m): 11:26am On Dec 12, 2019
SEGLIZ:
........... a funny way to start the day, motivated though.
Lol.. Glad you like it.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Adeling(m): 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
What's with you guys and long testimonies?
Anyways,
Get this beautiful gown for your pretty princess (7-10 yrs) height:100cm)
Free delivery within Lagos
Hit for yours

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
Ok
Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by GEOANDSONS: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
Wow!

Meanwhile, Home and Office Furnitures available

1 Like

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
grin
Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
cheesy
Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Dozie32(m): 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
I even misplaced my ATM card this morning too

1 Like

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by sonofanarchy(m): 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2019
Mtchewwwww

1 Like

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Teebilion: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
Is it me or it’s that this LEARNED instead of LEARNT sounds appalling ?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Topmaike007(m): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
Hmmmmmmmn

1 Like

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Topmaike007(m): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
Hmmmn
Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by ekaette1621: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
WHAT WILL I NEED A PUBLIC ATM WHEN I HAVE ONE IN MY PARLOUR

grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by DonHummer(m): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
course code: ATM 101

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Topmaike007(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
wink
Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by luminouz(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
Dozie32:
Lesson 4: Don't be fuqin careless!!!

16 Likes

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Hedonisco: 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
Funny but true. Same principles apply in many facets of life.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Blankstare(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
You write well

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Topmaike007(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
L grin Ls
Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
Dozie32:
misplaced or machine swallowed it

Go and block if it is the former

1 Like

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Pidginwhisper: 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
lipsrsealed
Plot of lands for sale up there

1 Like

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by qreem231(m): 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
Nice narrative op.

Two Heineken for you.

14 Likes

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by BankyGee(m): 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
My belle o grin

8 Likes

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Dididrumz(m): 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
Woow
Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by kevoh(m): 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
Finally, an original interesting and mature Nairaland thread that was not stolen or copied from Instablog, Twitter and other forums. It was also witty and educative. Nice one op. grin

143 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by Roon9(m): 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
Lol! Op its like you weren't expecting the 5k gan grin.
A whole inspiration on top withdrawal grin nice one

10 Likes

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by seunmohmoh(f): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
naso
Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by helinues: 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
Funny experience but still you get mind sha..

Would rather go to another Atm instead of taking the risk

10 Likes

Re: Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning by saraki2019(m): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
My atm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Viable Business Can I Start With N150k To N200k? / 10 Businesses That Can Make You Rich In Nigeria / Forbes' 30 Under 30 For 2020: Nigeria Tops List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.