Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,522 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Is Allah Mysterious? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Allah Mysterious? (573 Views)

Who Is Allah? (continuation) / Who Is Allah? / Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Allah Mysterious? by tintingz(m): 4:32am On Jun 10, 2020
I often hear muslims saying Allah is mysterious(a special pleading fallacy and cognitive dissonance) after they're challenged with critical questions, we can't know his ways, we can't understand him, he kept his knowledge mysterious, he do/does whatever he wants etc.

I have questions...

- How did you CERTAINLY know Allah exist if he's mysterious?

- If his knowledge cannot be known, what then is the point of the Qur'an?

- Why are you Allah's mouth speaker if we can't understand him?

- How can you know Allah has done a meaningless thing if he do/does whatever he wants?

1 Like

Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by iceboy4752(m): 7:09am On Jun 10, 2020
Op, you can't get an answer with your rude approach. Don't expect someone to tell you who his beloved one is if you start by describing him rudely.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by tintingz(m): 11:14am On Jun 10, 2020
iceboy4752:
Op, you can't get an answer with your rude approach. Don't expect someone to tell you who his beloved one is if you start by describing him rudely.

Can you specifically mention where I was rude or you just want to pull a red herring tactics?
Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by hahn(m): 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
tintingz:

Can you specifically mention where I was rude or you just want to pull a red herring tactics?

You did not add "please"
Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by LordReed(m): 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
tintingz:
I often hear muslims saying Allah is mysterious(a special pleading fallacy and cognitive dissonance) after they're challenged with critical questions, we can't know his ways, we can't understand him, he kept his knowledge mysterious, he do/does whatever he wants etc.

I have questions...

- How can you know Allah has done a meaningless thing if he do/does whatever he wants?

It's a common tactic with theists/religionists to assert their god as unknowable while at the same time asserting they know the same god because they want to escape a question they have no answer for. What I don't know is if they don't realise they just trapped themselves into a trap of their own making.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by tintingz(m): 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
LordReed:

It's a common tactic with theists/religionists to assert their god as unknowable while at the same time asserting they know the same god because they want to escape a question they have no answer for. What I don't know is if they don't realise they just trapped themselves into a trap of their own making.
They don't usually see it. Lol
Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by tintingz(m): 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
hahn:

You did not add "please"
Lol. If that's it. Make dem no vex. cheesy
Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by Xmuslim: 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
tintingz:

I have questions...

This is one of the reasons why I left islam.

Anytime there is a difficult / unanswerable question, Islamic scholars always portraying Allah as someone we can't understand fully with respect to
1. His way of doing things
2. His book (Qur'an)

The same scholars will tell you that Islam is a non-ambiguous religion and that the night of Islam is as clear as it day.

I realised I have been deceived for following the religion for such a long time.

This tactic is common to Christianity too.

I don't think I can ever follow any religion again. Religion to me is deception

I would rather face the reality of life than deceiving myself with a imaginary paradise with 72 virgins

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by tintingz(m): 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
Xmuslim:

This is one of the reasons why I left islam.

Anytime there is a difficult / unanswerable question, Islamic scholars always portraying Allah as someone we can't understand fully with respect to
1. His way of doing things
2. His book (Qur'an)

The same scholars will tell you that Islam is a non-ambiguous religion and that the night of Islam is as clear as it day.

I realised I have been deceived for following the religion for such a long time.

This tactic is common to Christianity too.

I don't think I can ever follow any religion again. Religion to me is deception

I would rather face the reality of life than deceiving myself with a imaginary paradise with 72 virgins

Alhamdulillah you left that cult religion. smiley
Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by Xmuslim: 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
tintingz:

Alhamdulillah you left that cult religion. smiley

Alhamdulilah indeed grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by tintingz(m): 9:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
Xmuslim:

Alhamdulilah indeed grin
Sorry for asking this, you can ignore.

Are you new in this forum or you have been with us for long?
Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by Xmuslim: 2:12am On Jun 12, 2020
tintingz:
Sorry for asking this, you can ignore.

Are you new in this forum or you have been with us for long?

I joined nairaland since 2006.
Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by tintingz(m): 6:42am On Jun 12, 2020
Xmuslim:

I joined nairaland since 2006.

Oh Legends!

But this is not the monicker you used then?

Sorry for my questions.
Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by Xmuslim: 8:24am On Jun 12, 2020
tintingz:
Oh Legends!

But this is not the monicker you used then?

Sorry for my questions.

I opened this one this year. I apostated last year. I went for Hajj in 2018.

Infact, I have completed the five pillars of Islam before I finally agreed with my brain after many unresolved questions.

Belief in Allah and the Muhammad
Five daily prayers
Ramadan fasting
Zakat
Hajj

I'm not ready for drama from friends and family at the moment that's why I don't use my real account for this purpose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by tintingz(m): 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
Xmuslim:

I opened this one this year. I apostated last year. I went for Hajj in 2018.

Infact, I have completed the five pillars of Islam before I finally agreed with my brain after many unresolved questions.

Belief in Allah and the Muhammad
Five daily prayers
Ramadan fasting
Zakat
Hajj

I'm not ready for drama from friends and family at the moment that's why I don't use my real account for this purpose.

Wow.. this is great.

I hope to know who you were.

I don't know if I can send you a mail or something.
Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by Xmuslim: 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
tintingz:

Wow.. this is great.

I hope to know who you were.

I don't know if I can send you a mail or something.
feel free to send me mail
Re: Is Allah Mysterious? by tintingz(m): 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
Xmuslim:
feel free to send me mail
Okay.

(1) (Reply)

Eid-il-fitri 1442AH (2021): Thread To Wish Your Loved Ones / Wedding / The Prophet Muhammed(s.a.w) I Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.