Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians (17560 Views)

Lawyer, 5 Others Attempt To Kidnap Businessman In Ogun, Get Arrested (Pics) / Children Kill Their Father In Nasarawa For "Bewitching Them". Get Arrested / Ondo Corpers Post Girlfriends’ Nude Photos Online, Get Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by 2mercy: 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
Mrs Julie Okah-Donli, Director-General (DG), National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), has cautioned Nigerians to desist from justifying rape or get arrested as suspects.

Okah-Donli said this while answering questions from newsmen in Abuja on Wednesday.

She queried parents for not doing enough to take care of their wards and children, explaining that 90 per cent of rape cases were committed by uncles, fathers and relations.

According to her, many careless acts by parents are responsible for rape cases across the country.

She, therefore, said that the agency would approach the Ministry of Justice to push for the establishment of special court to try rapists.

Okah-Donli also called for life imprisonment instead of capital punishment for convicted rapists, adding that there was need to educate Nigerians, especially neighbours on rape issues.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the agency’s toll-free lines to call during distress, especially as it concerns rape are – 07030000203, 0802255627847 and 08077225566.

The NAPTIP boss said that cases could also be reported on social media platforms such as the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, among others.

She, however, said that there was no national template of victims’ trauma response to share pain, adding that the duration of psychological trauma varies from individuals.
(NAN)

https://thenationonlineng.net/justify-rape-get-arrested-naptip-tells-nigerians/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by daddytime(m): 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
These one's go leave their core mandate in the usual Nigerian style begin chook mouth and nose put for other agencies work.

CNN never carry Libyan travelers news recently now na this one be the latest now.

Dundee people

I stand against rape.

Modified:

The oversabi dem wey dey quote me to yap nonsense when you are done understanding or reading the acronym NAPTIP to yourselves, kindly go through this very slowly and more than once to understand what the agency is all about.

Don't be naive and ignorant at the same time thereby allowing these crooks to hop from one trending issue to another all in a bid to find a way to draw funds and embezzled monies.

This is from their website, Note that everything they do is supposed to be centred around trafficking in person and victims of trafficking:

Our Vision
Hands on commitment to suppress and eliminate the scourge of trafficking in persons and child labour in Nigeria and improve the quality of life the traffiked persons through aggresive rehabilitation and victim assisted programmed and rehabilitation and promotion of equality of persons

Core Values
Integrity
Commitment
Service
Gender Equality
Protection of Human Rights
Victim Protection

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Emmacolinho(m): 5:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
I disagree to an extent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by othermen: 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
Good.No lady is at fault for being raped!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by johnkey: 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
I hope you know there is a huge difference between justifying rape and advising our young girls on tips to not make them victims? Cos most peeps here don't know, you're tag a rape apologist once you advice girls without looking at the fact that there will always be a rapist lurking in the dark somewhere no matter how much you preach against rape(so who's fault is that), so it's up to us to also protect our daughters and sisters against dangerous people not just shouting 'no to rape' everytime there is a rape incident.

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by FlordFlorez(m): 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
Let them give us their detail defination for justification of rape cos im very sure is different from regular & popular one we know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Romanoff(f): 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2020
johnkey:
I hope you know there is a huge difference between justifying rape and advising our young girls on tips to not make them victims? Cos most peeps here don't know, you're tag a rape apologist once you advice girls without looking at the fact that there will always be a rapist lurking in the dark somewhere no matter how much you preach against rape(so who's fault is that), so it's up to us to also protect our daughters and sisters against dangerous people not just shouting 'no to rape' everytime there is a rape incident.

It is not what they say then but how they say it.

Imagine people saying a girl got raped cause of how she dressed or cause she went to a guy's house or cause she was walking alone at night.

There's no reason to rape any body.

21 Likes

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Freestainworld(m): 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2020
A sane person won't justify rape, but opinion will always be divided on the root cause of it, some will blame the lady's while some the men, either way, there will always be something to learn in other to curb the menace of rape in our society.

8 Likes

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by lonelydora: 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
And what happens to people like Busola Dakolo that falsely accused someone, a man of God for that matter?

Will they be jailed too?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Corporate2020: 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
That's the first step
Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by phransix2: 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
Anybody that justifies rape needs his brain evaluated.

8 Likes

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
My issue is that when a guy is raped, women turn it Into a joke

But when vice versa, they scream murder
Rape is rape and no one should downplay it when it happens to men

undecided undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by medTechworld(f): 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
Yeahh
Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by jaxxy(m): 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
There no justification for forced intimacy. Be it lack of self control, indecency or Ure just a nut head.

1 Like

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Tastemoney(m): 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
r
Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
grin
Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by anibi9674: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
All them careless talkers be warned

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Openbusiness: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
What's the definition for "Justify Rape"? Another power drunk feminist on the loose. Wetin Loan no go see for Borrowhari government grin.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by iCauseTrouble: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
Useless NAPTIP. I was expecting them to come out with something against false rape allegation

12 Likes

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Slawormir: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Tessie01(f): 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nice one, arrest all the rape apologist

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by kilokeys(m): 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
johnkey:
the #menarescum pple. I lost good females friends cos of the aforementioned points. And I now know why you can never win an argument with any lady. Logical sense no dey. I will never argue with a woman. I now understand why experienced men just walk away in silence

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by infini771: 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
What about the people that have been raping this country without c*ndom since 1960?

1 Like

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by chukwukapromise(m): 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
See mouth tongue

What of those that speak ill against the government??

Haunty everybody is entitled to their opinion..

U for kukuma arrest Satan nah! angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by sammysneh(m): 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
Noted
Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Ekwutox: 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
As it should be.

I hope those NL guys that are always fond of saying "rape no good but..." will refrain from making such gut wrenching statements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
Under which law?

12 Likes

Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by Niceguy4ever: 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
Re: Justify Rape, Get Arrested – NAPTIP Tells Nigerians by yawehoverall: 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
johnkey:

I think this post was promoted due to some persons blaming the victims in one way or the other on social media, why they were raped.. you can choose to advice the girls one on one, but saying it in public could be read out of context and even fuel the act itself.. in a nutshell apply wisdom in doing what's right.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Arrested With 1 Kg Of Heroin In India (Photo) / Four Suspected Boko Haram Members Arrested In Edo / LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.