Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! (1611 Views)

A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds / Man Arrested For Posing As A Police Detective To Rob [Photo] / Baggers Kill Eiye Cultist In Delta After "Bullets Refused To Enter His Body" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 11:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
How many of us have Sherlock Holmes detective minds here?

Oya solve this mystery..

A rich noble man in Nigeria died... He was half Indian and half Edo... He was very selfless and stinkingly wealthy, he died 01/10/1992. He had just one beautiful wife from Imo State, a spoilt son, one pretty housemaid, a loyal gateman and a good driver. He had a party the night before his death.

Police men went to the house and interrogated the members of the household one after another.

Wife -: I left my hubby peacefully at home during breakfast oooo and while I was partying with my friends, since it was our annual meeting hangout, the maid called me that oga was in his own pool of blood lifeless, then I came home.

Maid-: Before madam comot for house, she send me go market to buy foodstuffs. As I come back na him I see oga body for sitting room, oga don die.

Brat son-: I was out with my friends in the next hood playing video game when my phone rang that my dad was dead... I rushed home and met his body.

Driver-: I am so confused, early this morning oga sent me to the bank to withdraw some cash and I was shocked to have returned and met his lifeless body !!!

Gateman-: I be dey sleep for my gateman house as I work overnight, then for my sleep I hear the housemaid shout. Na him I wake up, I come run enter main house see say my oga body dey for ground with blood.

The policemen laughed and arrested the murderer.

Question: Who killed oga and prove it?

First Winner gets a airtime giveaway..

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by iTroll: 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2020
The gateman seems to be the culprit

Who can possibly hear the shrieks of a lady from the other house in his sleep over the loud thumps of a party's loudspeakers?
But that's not all

The driver seems to be more suspicious.

The household threw an OVERNIGHT PARTY. So form the drivers alibi, it took him the whole DAY to get his errand done.

I'll go with the driver BTW
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by MajesticKris: 11:39pm On Jun 10, 2020
It's the Driver, Ask the Man grin
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by tellwisdom: 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
The driver was the last person to meet with Oga. So I will hold him
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
iTroll:
The gateman seems to be the culprit

Who can possibly hear the shrieks of a lady from the other house in his sleep over the loud thumps of a party's loudspeakers?
But that's not all

The driver seems to be more suspicious.

The household threw an OVERNIGHT PARTY. So form the drivers alibi, it took him the whole DAY to get his errand done.

I'll go with the driver BTW

Prove it, that it was the driver..
Nail him..
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
tellwisdom:
The driver was the last person to meet with Oga. So I will hold him

Bros nail him...
What's the evidence?
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
MajesticKris:
It's the Driver, Ask the Man grin

Ask which man... Bros.. you can't just say it's the driver..
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by VickyRotex(f): 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
The year and the game gives the killer away

op changed his post! undecided
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by iTroll: 11:47pm On Jun 10, 2020
duchaB:

Bros nail him...
What's the evidence?
Its pretty late and my thumbs are tired. But I'll try to be as elaborate as possible.
Wait.. I'll Map out my persecution and edit this comment.

My Verdict.

The first person to have found the boss' dead body was the maid.

The maid called the wife.
The wife (possibly) called the son.

Now, the wife and son are out of the question honestly. (No motive here since they are practically the only heir of the man whether dead or alive.) Or are they?? (Keep reading)

That leaves the gateman, driver and maid
Now the question is who discovered the body of the man first?

My bet is
1. The driver may look like the killer, since the motive of money (the errand) is present. But.... If the driver were to have killed the man, he would have to return to the house twice. He would come back from the errand, kill the man, go back out, freshen up and come back to look surprised and act as If he knew nothing.
The gateman would have reported this and caged the driver. But this sint the case here from the info provided.

2. The maid.
The maid has no motive for the crime here so I'll just leave her.

,3. The son

Obviously, the man doesn't abuse or beat him. He has all he wants from the pops so why kill the man making life easy for you?,

,4. The gateman

The story tells us the gateman has an attribute of loyalty, hence I don't see why he would kill the man since he respects him so much.
So, driver and maid was on errand.

Mother and son were busy socializing here.

The leaves the madam. She was the last to leave the house.

Son was out socializing.
Driver was on errand
Gateman was fast asleep from exhaustion
Maid was busy at the market.

This all leaves the madam. She was the last person who saw the man that morning he died.

Madam is the killer.

This was a crime of passion/greed(infidelity or otherwise). The man would never suspect his wife until it was too late. The madam merely made the maid go to market in order to leave the house empty upon the fact that there is still food in the house (how come they threw party and made breakfast in a house with no food?)

The madam killed her hubby, left the house and went for the social hangout (she specifically chose that day so that she could have an alibi, it's too good to be a coincidence) so that she could have something to say when the body will be discovered by the maid.

The madam killed the man.

I hope I'm right.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 11:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
iTroll:

Its pretty late and my thumbs are tired. But I'll try to be as elaborate as possible.

Lol... Hmmm..
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by youngsahito(m): 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
The driver is the culprit because he was the one that saw the man last, has more access to him than the maid or gate man.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
VickyRotex:
The year and the game gives the killer away

Is that suppose to be an answer?
State your answer clearly...

I don't know why no one is talking about the brat son
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 11:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
youngsahito:
The driver is the culprit because he was the one that saw the man last, has more access to him than the maid or gate man.

Okay... I hear...
Try and prove this, with your Sherlock Holmes mind...
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by VickyRotex(f): 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
duchaB:

Is that suppose to be an answer?
State your answer clearly...

I don't know why no one is talking about the brat son

That's my answer. undecided Do I have to yell the answer before you know what I meant?

I was referring to the son, but you took out an initial detail from it.

PS4 (game) in 1992 (year)?
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 11:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

That's my answer. undecided Do I have to yell the answer before you know what I meant?

I was referring to the son, but you took out an initial detail from it.

PS4 (game) in 1992 (year)?

Lol Sister.. what detail is that?
Anyway.. you are wrong..
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by tellwisdom: 11:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
duchaB:

Bros nail him...
What's the evidence?

Because every other person except the DRIVER had no contact with the man till his demise.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
tellwisdom:

Because every other person except the DRIVER had no contact with the man till his demise.

Maybe... You are close, but that isn't enough..
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 11:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Isnt it likely that the maid poisened his food..
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by VickyRotex(f): 11:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
duchaB:

Lol Sister.. what detail is that?
Anyway.. you are wrong..

Na so undecided undecided
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by Nonso92(m): 12:05am On Jun 11, 2020
The butler did it, it's always the butler.

in this case, that would be the maid
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by tellwisdom: 12:05am On Jun 11, 2020
duchaB:
Isnt it likely that the maid poisened his food..

No, “oga sent me to the bank to withdraw some cash“
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by yomi007k(m): 12:06am On Jun 11, 2020
The brat son.

Not sure there was mobile phone in 1992.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by VickyRotex(f): 12:07am On Jun 11, 2020
tellwisdom:

No, “oga sent me to the bank to withdraw some cash“

can't the oga eat the poisoned food after he has left undecided
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by VickyRotex(f): 12:09am On Jun 11, 2020
yomi007k:
The brat son.

I agree with this as well.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by iTroll: 12:14am On Jun 11, 2020
duchaB:

Bros nail him...
What's the evidence?

My Verdict.

The first person to have found the boss' dead body was the maid.

The maid called the wife.
The wife (possibly) called the son.

Now, the wife and son are out of the question honestly. (No motive here since they are practically the only heir of the man whether dead or alive.) Or are they?? (Keep reading)

That leaves the gateman, driver and maid
Now the question is who discovered the body of the man first?

My bet is
1. The driver may look like the killer, since the motive of money (the errand) is present. But.... If the driver were to have killed the man, he would have to return to the house twice. He would come back from the errand, kill the man, go back out, freshen up and come back to look surprised and act as If he knew nothing.
The gateman would have reported this and caged the driver. But this sint the case here from the info provided.

2. The maid.
The maid has no motive for the crime here so I'll just leave her.

,3. The son

Obviously, the man doesn't abuse or beat him. He has all he wants from the pops so why kill the man making life easy for you?,

,4. The gateman

The story tells us the gateman has an attribute of loyalty, hence I don't see why he would kill the man since he respects him so much.
So, driver and maid was on errand.

Mother and son were busy socializing here.

The leaves the madam. She was the last to leave the house.

Son was out socializing.
Driver was on errand
Gateman was fast asleep from exhaustion
Maid was busy at the market.

This all leaves the madam. She was the last person who saw the man that morning he died.

Madam is the killer.

This was a crime of passion/greed(infidelity or otherwise). The man would never suspect his wife until it was too late. The madam merely made the maid go to market in order to leave the house empty upon the fact that there is still food in the house (how come they threw party and made breakfast in a house with no food?)

The madam killed her hubby, left the house and went for the social hangout (she specifically chose that day so that she could have an alibi, it's too good to be a coincidence) so that she could have something to say when the body will be discovered by the maid.

The madam killed the man.

I hope I'm right.

duchaB
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by iTroll: 12:15am On Jun 11, 2020
yomi007k:
The brat son.

Motorola international 3200
Nokia 1101

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by VickyRotex(f): 12:20am On Jun 11, 2020
iTroll:

Motorola international 3200
Nokia 1101

In Nigeria Interesting!
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by iTroll: 12:21am On Jun 11, 2020
VickyRotex:

In Nigeria Interesting!
Lol
The rich and wealthy in that era used those phones.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by VickyRotex(f): 12:26am On Jun 11, 2020
iTroll:

Lol
The rich and wealthy in that era used those phones.

lol okay agreed that Motorola release year was 1992, but Nokia 1101 isn't. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_1100

Your analysis above is really thorough, but I still think its the son despite the change made to the narrative.

let the op come and mark scripts.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by tellwisdom: 12:26am On Jun 11, 2020
VickyRotex:

can't the oga eat the poisoned food after he has left undecided

Them no tell us say she cook na. Na food stuffs she go buy.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by iTroll: 12:29am On Jun 11, 2020
VickyRotex:

lol okay agreed that Motorola release year was 1992, but Nokia 1101 isn't. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_1100

Your analysis above is really thorough, but I still think its the son despite the change made to the narrative.

let the op come and mark scripts.

The maid and mum made calls now.
So mobile phones were not really that uncommon
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by VickyRotex(f): 12:33am On Jun 11, 2020
tellwisdom:

Them no tell us say she cook na. Na food stuffs she go buy.

Dem no tell us sey the driver na last to see oga. so you see? some details can be left to the imagination tongue
or what if oga say, "maid o, bring me water/juyyce I want to drink"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jealous Gay Man Stabs Lover For Having Affair With Lady / See as they killed 5 people just yesterday Black Axee and Eiye - VIDEO / I’ll Release Bayelsa Commissioner When Police Free My Father, Says Kidnapper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.