Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! (1623 Views)

A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds / Man Arrested For Posing As A Police Detective To Rob [Photo] / Baggers Kill Eiye Cultist In Delta After "Bullets Refused To Enter His Body" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by daddytime(m): 12:35am On Jun 11, 2020
There were no ATMs in Nigeria as at then.

So, where and how was the driver withdrawing money for oga?

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by VickyRotex(f): 12:38am On Jun 11, 2020
iTroll:

The maid and mum made calls now.
So mobile phones were not really that uncommon

I could argue those points with:

1. Maid likely used a NITEL (landline) phone
2. Madam was at her friend's house, those days people had each other's NITEL number.

If you want to compare it to the son, the son said "my phone" and the mother said "the maid called me" (again some details can be left to imagination)

Otherwise, na the 3 of dem kill oga jare cheesy
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by iTroll: 12:43am On Jun 11, 2020
VickyRotex:

2. Madam was at her friend's house, those days people had each other's NITEL number.

If you want to compare it to the son, the son said "my phone" and the mother said "the maid called me" (again some details can be left to imagination)

Otherwise, na the 3 of dem kill oga jare cheesy
Lol, a bit far fetched if you ask me.

Let's go along with the story... I wouldn't like to add to it
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by tellwisdom: 12:46am On Jun 11, 2020
VickyRotex:

Dem no tell us sey the driver na last to see oga. so you see? some details can be left to the imagination tongue
or what if oga say, "maid o, bring me water/juyyce I want to drink"

This one na critical thinking. No be big brother show
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by VickyRotex(f): 1:02am On Jun 11, 2020
iTroll:

Lol, a bit far fetched if you ask me.

Let's go along with the story... I wouldn't like to add to it

It isn't. There's a reason why the location and those other details were specified. To open up the analysis for in depth arguments. Just the same way your analysis on the 1st page outlined some out of context details but still very thorough, made sense and left opened for further arguments.

But it's alright. I'll leave it as it is. cool
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by VickyRotex(f): 1:07am On Jun 11, 2020
tellwisdom:

This one na critical thinking. No be big brother show

lol na so. maybe we should start by defining what "critical thinking" is. Cos in critical thinking, you question arguments, opinions and analysis before drawing conclusion.

Which is why the op kept asking for analysis.

Not to "derail" the thread, I'll leave it as it is.

op (duchaB), abeg mention me when you mark script will like to read your analysis.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by Galactico4ever(m): 1:19am On Jun 11, 2020
It's a conspiracy between the two women,perfectly executed by the maid.I could have said the driver based on the fact that 1st oct is a national holiday but then ATMs were introduced in Nigerian markets in 1989.Why the maid is guilty: The wife left during breakfast which the maid must clean up before going on any other errand,the son had an alibi(his friend),the driver left for the bank when the man was alive so the gateman and the maid are the two with no alibis.Now if the family can vouch that the gateman isn't allowed in the house,(he isn't living in the main house by the way),that leaves us with the maid who made the call to the wife after perpetrating the act.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by TrollKiller(m): 2:17am On Jun 11, 2020
Galactico4ever:
It's a conspiracy between the two women,perfectly executed by the maid.I could have said the driver based on the fact that 1st oct is a national holiday but then ATMs were introduced in Nigerian markets in 1989.Why the maid is guilty: The wife left during breakfast which the maid must clean up before going on any other errand,the son had an alibi(his friend),the driver left for the bank when the man was alive so the gateman and the maid are the two with no alibis.Now if the family can vouch that the gateman isn't allowed in the house,(he isn't living in the main house by the way),that leaves us with the maid who made the call to the wife after perpetrating the act.
cashiers were the ATM of that time
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by KosiGee(m): 5:08am On Jun 11, 2020
Madam left the house after having breakfast..time of breakfast probably 07:00-08:00..let’s assume she left between 07:30-08:30.

Maid left house after that.

Son was out in the hood playing video game...his phone rang...what phone? Not sure if he would’ve had a mobile phone at the time.

Driver was asked to go and withdraw money early in the morning on 1st October 1992...? October 1st is a national day in Nigeria and a public holiday...so banks do not open. Even if banks did open, Oga sent him to go and withdraw money early in the money!...withdraw money from where?
There were no ATM machines then and even if there were ATM machines, HOW DID HE GET HOLD OF OGA’s pin no to withdraw the cash??

It wouldn’t have been bank as banks do not open, if they did, they would open late and close early...just for a few hours....say 10:00-13:00.. that wasn’t early. He would’ve withdrawn the money using a cheque.

So I highly suspect the driver.

Assuming there were cash machines at the time, as I want to rule out the possibility of bank opening so at all or even so early on an Independence Day, there would’ve been massive foul play on how the driver acquired the pin to withdraw the money... if he didn’t act alone, then I wouldn’t put it past conniving with an insider...madam or even the son, to get the pin for him, madam said she was partying with friends but we were told that Oga had a party before he died, why would madam leave Oga to go jolly with friends??

Son was a spoilt brat, it could be him as well in connivance with the driver.

Driver is my no 1 suspect.
If there’s another person, I’ll rope in madam.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by Noble3264: 5:19am On Jun 11, 2020
Who parties after a party the previous night?
Madam is the killer.

*Analysis*
- Driver was sent to the bank early.
- Son was at a friends place
- the gateman was fast asleep due to overwork.
Leaving just the maid ,hence she needed to get rid of the maid,so she sent her to the market but left the house before the maid did so. Only to come back and kill the husband.

Mind you since the gateman is incapacitated,there'd be nobody to MAN the gate leaving each individual to get the gate themselves.

Conclusion
Murder instigated by
UNFAITHFULNESS:- the maid was VERY pretty hence oga might have being unfaithful.

MADAM KILLED OGA.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by MJBOLT: 8:26am On Jun 11, 2020
it's the driver that killed the man because banks do not open on independence day

cc duchaB

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by Galactico4ever(m): 8:37am On Jun 11, 2020
TrollKiller:
cashiers were the ATM of that time
Wrong.Machines were available.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 9:10am On Jun 11, 2020
iTroll:

Its pretty late and my thumbs are tired. But I'll try to be as elaborate as possible.
Wait.. I'll Map out my persecution and edit this comment.

My Verdict.

The first person to have found the boss' dead body was the maid.

The maid called the wife.
The wife (possibly) called the son.

Now, the wife and son are out of the question honestly. (No motive here since they are practically the only heir of the man whether dead or alive.) Or are they?? (Keep reading)

That leaves the gateman, driver and maid
Now the question is who discovered the body of the man first?

My bet is
1. The driver may look like the killer, since the motive of money (the errand) is present. But.... If the driver were to have killed the man, he would have to return to the house twice. He would come back from the errand, kill the man, go back out, freshen up and come back to look surprised and act as If he knew nothing.
The gateman would have reported this and caged the driver. But this sint the case here from the info provided.

2. The maid.
The maid has no motive for the crime here so I'll just leave her.

,3. The son

Obviously, the man doesn't abuse or beat him. He has all he wants from the pops so why kill the man making life easy for you?,

,4. The gateman

The story tells us the gateman has an attribute of loyalty, hence I don't see why he would kill the man since he respects him so much.
So, driver and maid was on errand.

Mother and son were busy socializing here.

The leaves the madam. She was the last to leave the house.

Son was out socializing.
Driver was on errand
Gateman was fast asleep from exhaustion
Maid was busy at the market.

This all leaves the madam. She was the last person who saw the man that morning he died.

Madam is the killer.

This was a crime of passion/greed(infidelity or otherwise). The man would never suspect his wife until it was too late. The madam merely made the maid go to market in order to leave the house empty upon the fact that there is still food in the house (how come they threw party and made breakfast in a house with no food?)

The madam killed her hubby, left the house and went for the social hangout (she specifically chose that day so that she could have an alibi, it's too good to be a coincidence) so that she could have something to say when the body will be discovered by the maid.

The madam killed the man.

I hope I'm right.

This your analysis no be small o..you tried
But it ain't the madam o.. Lol
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 9:14am On Jun 11, 2020
daddytime:
There were no ATMs in Nigeria as at then.

So, where and how was the driver withdrawing money for oga?

You are 99% close o... Your answer is in form of a question?
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2020
VickyRotex:

Otherwise, na the 3 of dem kill oga jarecheesy

Lol.. you try Sister
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by daddytime(m): 9:19am On Jun 11, 2020
duchaB:

You are 99% close o... Your answer is in form of a question?

My answer isn't in the form of a question.

The driver is certainly the suspect because he couldn't have gone to help oga withdraw money from ogas account at that point in time.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 9:20am On Jun 11, 2020
Galactico4ever:

O Lord! My brother.. you are just dancing around the chair.. make up your mind and sit on it, before someone else does.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2020
KosiGee:
Madam left the house after having breakfast..time of breakfast probably 07:00-08:00..let’s assume she left between 07:30-08:30.

Maid left house after that.

Son was out in the hood playing video game...his phone rang...what phone? Not sure if he would’ve had a mobile phone at the time.

Driver was asked to go and withdraw money early in the morning on 1st October 1992...? October 1st is a national day in Nigeria and a public holiday...so banks do not open. Even if banks did open, Oga sent him to go and withdraw money early in the money!...withdraw money from where?
There were no ATM machines then and even if there were ATM machines, HOW DID HE GET HOLD OF OGA’s pin no to withdraw the cash??

It wouldn’t have been bank as banks do not open, if they did, they would open late and close early...just for a few hours....say 10:00-13:00.. that wasn’t early. He would’ve withdrawn the money using a cheque.

So I highly suspect the driver.

Assuming there were cash machines at the time, as I want to rule out the possibility of bank opening so at all or even so early on an Independence Day, there would’ve been massive foul play on how the driver acquired the pin to withdraw the money... if he didn’t act alone, then I wouldn’t put it past conniving with an insider...madam or even the son, to get the pin for him, madam said she was partying with friends but we were told that Oga had a party before he died, why would madam leave Oga to go jolly with friends??

Son was a spoilt brat, it could be him as well in connivance with the driver.

Driver is my no 1 suspect.
If there’s another person, I’ll rope in madam.

Very beautiful analysis, I must confess..
So in the final analysis,
So who did it? Cos u still seem to be dancing around the chair....
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 9:29am On Jun 11, 2020
MJBOLT:
it's the driver that killed the man because banks do not open on independence day

cc duchaB

Okay... Brother, this must be your final answer.. ?cheesy
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by MJBOLT: 9:29am On Jun 11, 2020
yeah,final answer
duchaB:

Okay... Brother, this must be your final answer.. ?cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 9:36am On Jun 11, 2020
MJBOLT:
yeah,final answer

Solution to the murder case

The driver did it. He said his boss sent him to d bank. How? 1/10 is oct 1st and that's a public holiday (Independence day). Banks dont open on public holidays.

More evidence:
��������
Moreover, his boss will not give him his Atm card and password to help him go cash the money at the bank.

MJ BOLT, you are our winner..
Our Nairaland Sherlock Holmes..

PM your number, so I can send you the airtime giveaway I promised... Congrats..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 9:38am On Jun 11, 2020
daddytime:

My answer isn't in the form of a question.

The driver is certainly the suspect because he couldn't have gone to help oga withdraw money from ogas account at that point in time.

Yeah.. you did well anyway. I must confess.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 9:38am On Jun 11, 2020
Everyone did well... Y'all but your analytical mind to work... cheesy..
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by Galactico4ever(m): 9:39am On Jun 11, 2020
The maid is the murderer.She killed the man,left for market probably thinking someone will come back and meet the corpse first.Unfortunaley no one did so she then raised alarm herself.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by MJBOLT: 9:45am On Jun 11, 2020
PM sent smiley

duchaB:

The driver did it. He said his boss sent him to d bank. How? 1/10 is oct 1st and that's a public holiday (Independence day). Banks dont open on public holidays.

More evidence:
��������
Moreover, his boss will not give him his Atm card and password to help him go cash the money at the bank.

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by TrollKiller(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2020
Nice
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by daddytime(m): 9:48am On Jun 11, 2020
duchaB:

Yeah.. you did well anyway. I must confess.

Thanks.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by Noble3264: 9:51am On Jun 11, 2020
duchaB:

More evidence:
��������

I'll respect the fact that you're the OP and won't dispute your answer. But I've seen scenarios (still experiencing one now) where the boss has a very high level of trust for his driver, to the extent that the driver can do his transactions(ATM) when he's busy at work.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by Galactico4ever(m): 9:58am On Jun 11, 2020
Noble3264:

I'll respect the fact that you're the OP and won't dispute your answer. But I've seen scenarios (still experiencing one now) where the boss has a very high level of trust for his driver, to the extent that the driver can do his transactions(ATM) when he's busy at work.
Exactly my take too.But oh well,it's his riddle anyway.
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 10:35am On Jun 11, 2020
Noble3264:

I concurr Bro... wink
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by duchaB(m): 10:36am On Jun 11, 2020
MJBOLT:
PM sent smiley

Okay.. just responded..send the number
Re: Where Are Nairaland Detective Minds: Enter Here!! by MJBOLT: 10:45am On Jun 11, 2020
i've sent it
duchaB:

Okay.. just responded..send the number

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected Money Ritual Victim Found Insane After Being Dropped Off By Yahoo Guys / See What This Lady Wore To Church- Right Or Wrong? Photo / Nigerian Women Fight, Tear Their Clothes At Stratford London(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.