Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Pan-africanism & Antiracism - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pan-africanism & Antiracism (955 Views)

Pan-Africanism Is Working: Here Is What You Don't Hear On The News / There Is Nothing Like Pan Africanism, it is dead(photos) / Brawling At Pan-African Parliament As Members Fight for Presidency Post (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
Panafrican. I just want to address this fellow who since my last threads has been trolling me with replies such as;

OK now go pay your rent, your hospital bills and your light bills.

At first I ignored him. I thought it was a joke or something not intended to offend me, and a one time thing when he did it the first time. Then he did it again, so I decide to run a background check on him.

because Username is a drogue -addict and a fool
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2020
I have nothing against pan-Africanism, I believe it can be a useful step in developing a black civilization that will leave their mark in history, just as the Greeks, the Romans, the Arabs have done and the Europeans and East Asians are currently doing.

I also have no issue with "anti-racists". If they feel something is racist, let them call it out. If they have a case, I'll stand with them.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
As I said, I was originally going to forget this fellow. But once I read his post history, I quickly understood this trolling is coming from a place of vehement opposition to my ideas.

His posts are filled with de-contextualized and distorted narratives to support his pan-African and anti-racist agenda, a contradiction of everything I expressed in my last posts; Blacks Don't Have A Civilization & Blacks Don't Have A Civilization 2.0

So, I decide I'm not going to respond to his trolling. But I can't let this degree of misinformation slide unchallenged. So, let 's see what this fellow thinks.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
It looks like those Western powers who attacked Germany were the actual racist

If you have been consuming exclusively mainstream historical medial, you must have been informed that the Germans were white supremacist and racists. And since the Allied powers were opposing them, it would sound like they were fighting racism and white supremacy.

Germans were less discriminatory against blacks at the time. And it was only after the war that even more false accusations like "White supremacy" and "Racism" were fabricated by the victors, the ones who wrote the history, to smear the losers. The nazis had nothing to do with white supremacy or anti-black racism, their beef were with Jews.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
That said, the problem with Panafrcan on this his phrase, "..... Western powers were the actual racists." Like the Germans were not racist. No, it's not that simple.

Historically every non-black racial demographic with prolonged exposure and encounter with black populations bore negative views of blacks. Among the Arabs for instance, Ibn Khaldum is a celebrated historian who claimed that of all human races, blacks were the lowliest and most animalistic in behavior.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
The Germans, unlike the French, the Brits, English or Americans had relatively little contact or exposure to blacks. With so little blacks present in Germany at the time, it is likely the Germans weren't chanced to make enough observations of blacks necessary to deduct "racist" conclusion.

As I explained before, racism in cases, is often the outcome of poor behavioral observations in individuals of a racial group. Just like blacks in US have a poorer view of whites than blacks in Nigeria, whites in US may have a poorer view of blacks than whites in countries that have very few blacks.

This was the case of Germany and the Allied powers at the time.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
Heard Winston Churchill was a racist. True?

If you ask a question as this on Nairaland, where most people don't teach and just write twitter length opinions and submit, it tells a lot about your calibre. Also, people who ask these kinds of questions in demand for a true/false answer obviously don't get how the world works.

There is no true or false response. It depend on the era you ask the question. People in Wilston Churchill time didn't think he was "racist", or if they did, it wasn't a huge deal to start with. I don't get black obsession with racism at times. Like, why do you even care if Wilston C was racist?

You can't use today's standard of racism to judge yesterday's figure of racism. By today's standard, even the abolitionists were racists. They wanted an end to slavery, but many of them didn't want the freed slaves around them either. They didn't necessarily have the best opinions about blacks. And they wanted them shipped to Africa or Haiti.

1 Like

Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2020

Whites Don't Have A Civilization
They cheated throughout history. The only thing they cherish is their tactics consisting in waging a psychological warfare on other races, because they live in the permanent fear of being dominated. It is in their genes. That is why the end of racism will never depend on the goodwill of a whitey.

This is sheer ignorance. Every tribal community cheated throughout their history and resorted to unfair tactics against other communities to gain access to land, food, mates and wealth. If you think this was only a white thing, you probably didn't learn anything about Persians, Arabs, East Asian or black tribes in Africa.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
When I talk civilization, what I particularly mean is economic, scientific and technological advancement. This is what I mean by "Black don't have a civilization." And this is why blacks prefer to live among the whites than among the blacks, even though they're reportedly hunted and gunned down by the white police.

And the kind of civilization I'm talking isn't built upon war and slavery as they'll tell you. This is a great deception. Whites were able to build guns, ships, telescopes and compass before they set foot in Africa. Civilizations are built upon knowledge and applications.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
To All African-Americans Willing To Come Back To Africa

1. You must reject the LGBT agenda: We do not want any gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual ideology in our government system and our traditional life. There are only two genders: A man and a woman. And marriage is only between a naturally born man and and naturally born woman.

OK, when I get to this point I see clearly that Panafrcan is a lost cause. This fellow don't seem to understand anything he talks about. Whether it is on history, race or gender. And who can blame him, most Nigerians obviously live in similar state or distorted reality.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
At first the consensus among scientists was that gender is a binary construct, male or female. But more scientific studies have uncovered that there are individuals with XY chromosomes don't have an uterus, but have breasts and appear like women.

So this dude is like the Muslims I debate in Islam section. Don't know anything about the multiplicity of gender, yet he opposes tooth and nail anything outside male/female & straight.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2020
2. Willing to speak African languages :
We do not want what happened in Liberia with those who came back, and never spoke any African language, they settled in Monrovia, discriminated against natives and were overly involved in evil masonic practices.

But why? These people's ancestors were sold off to slavery by African blacks in the first place, why should they meet these conditions before returning? Why should they learn Yoruba or Igbo when they can just live fine with English? Why would anyone want to learn any other than the national language, languages that have no alphabet?
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
3. Reject racist instincts: we don't care about people's color here, light skin, yellow, brown, Black and all the bs.

It is colorist instinct, not racist instinct. And it exist in Nigeria too. When I was a kid we used to poke fun at our mates for having very dark and ebony skin. Also I've read women on Nairaland who admitted prejudice on men with light skin tone.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
On this day August 20, 1619, Angolans, kidnapped by the Portuguese, arrive in the British colony of Virginia and are then bought by English colonists. The arrival of the enslaved Africans in the New World marks a beginning of two and a half centuries of slavery in North America.

PanAfrcan claims and claims and claims.

Majority of slaves were kidnapped by other blacks in Africa and bought by the Portugese. If at all the Portugese themselves partook in the kidnapping, it was done on permission of the tribal chiefs who were paid accordingly. This is what I explained briefly in my last post.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
The greatest lesson on slavery is that blacks need a civilization that can match with whites. If you read more on the subject, you find that African blacks soon became opposed to slave sales to the whites, but the deal with the devil was already sealed. The whites were the more advanced civilization, and with their guns, they wield the power in the business.

Today, we still see that the power dynamic remain the same between whites and black. Black learnt nothing from the slave trade other than whites are bad. Blacks still don't have a civilization. And today, slavery continues in form of blacks moving to non-black countries to work as janitors, cleaners, security men, sales persons, hookers etc.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
You never see the reverse. You never an Arab, Indian, Asian, or European come to black countries to do the least respected jobs in the community.

Panafrcan's tactics to win blacks by presenting whites as bad as possible is a poor ploy. It won't win over good-willed blacks. It's kind of like the white nationalist groups. He'll end up drawing angry and embittered black individuals who have nothing to offer than animosity towards whites. They'll hijack the movement with time and run it to the ground.

Alright. I'm done with this fellow. I know he really wanted to get my attention with his troll comments, and I hope I've entertained him enough.

1 Like

Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by Vyzz: 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
grin

This is how kingsango started
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
You made sense in most of what you wrote. Except that gender dysphoria thing.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by iamdannyfc(m): 4:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
Thought provoking
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 11, 2020
usermane:
When I talk civilization, what I particularly mean is economic, scientific and technological advancement. This is what I mean by "Black don't have a civilization." And this is why blacks prefer to live among the whites than among the blacks, even though they're reportedly hunted and gunned down by the white police.

And the kind of civilization I'm talking isn't built upon war and slavery as they'll tell you. This is a great deception. Whites were able to build guns, ships, telescopes and compass before they set foot in Africa. Civilizations are built upon knowledge and applications.

There are far better ways you would have put your message across than such a title "BLACKS HAVE NO CIVILIZATION" only to come up with an explanation that doesn't in anyway support your assertion that Blacks don't have a civilization. grin

I have read what you had to write on your thread 'BLACKS DON'T HAVE A CIVILIZATION'. You have made some points but it at all doesn't support your choice of title BLACKS DON'T HAVE A CIVILIZATION, if we must work on EVIDENCE base.

Every race do have their own form of civilization adaptive to them.

You see, such line of thinking, that there is only one kind of 'CIVILIZATION' and which is as the one accepted by you is the reason why the world will never stop to bleed.

To say Blacks don't have a civilization is just sheer ignorance when civilization means different things to different people at different times. What we need is understanding and yes knowledge and proper application, hence Wisdom. Your choice of title does not show Wisdom at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
WORDWORLD:

There are far better ways you would have put your message across than such a title "BLACKS HAVE NO CIVILIZATION" only to come up with an explanation that doesn't in anyway support your assertion that Blacks don't have a civilization. grin

I have read what you had to write on your thread 'BLACKS DON'T HAVE A CIVILIZATION'. You have made some points but it at all doesn't support your choice of title BLACKS DON'T HAVE A CIVILIZATION, if we must work on EVIDENCE base.

You see, such line of thinking, that there is only one kind of 'CIVILIZATION' and which is as the one accepted by you is the reason why the world will never stop to bleed.

To say Blacks don't have a civilization is just sheer ignorance when civilization means different things to different people at different times. What we need is understanding and yes knowledge and proper application, hence Wisdom. Your choice of title does not show Wisdom at all.

Could the native Americans also be lacking in civilization and that was the reason for their extermination by 'CIVILIZED' people? grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 3:18am On Jun 12, 2020
WORDWORLD:

So what does civilization mean for black people?
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 3:38am On Jun 12, 2020
JUICYPINEAPPLE:

Could the native Americans also be lacking in civilization and that was the reason for their extermination by 'CIVILIZED' people? grin grin

Yes, troll. Native Americans would've stood a better chance of defending themselves if they had some civilization. They became an easy target because they still lived in relatively primitive state and so whites took advantage.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by olyrayy(m): 9:07am On Jun 12, 2020
usermane:

If you have been consuming exclusively mainstream historical medial, you must have been informed that the Germans were white supremacist and racists. And since the Allied powers were opposing them, it would sound like they were fighting racism and white supremacy.

Germans were less discriminatory against blacks at the time. And it was only after the war that even more false accusations like "White supremacy" and "Racism" were fabricated by the victors, the ones who wrote the history, to smear the losers. The nazis had nothing to do with white supremacy or anti-black racism, their beef were with Jews.

Bro, have you heard of the genocide the Germans committed in Namimbia?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 12, 2020
usermane:

Wrong! Jews weren't the only one discriminated against, but also blacks, the disabled etc.
Afro-Germans did not only lose their passports during the Nazi regime, but also were not allowed to marry the 'Aryans' according to the Nuremberg Laws
In fact the so called 'Rhineland Bastards' had been forced to sterilisation.

Besides Germany also has an history of having controlling colonies, especially in the African Great Lakes region. The Afrikanisches Viertel in Berlin is a proof to this. Up till this date a lot of streets are still named after countries and locations tied to the German colonial empire. It had only been only after World War I, the Belgians, British and French took control of Germany's colonies.

So no Germany had definitely not been 'less discriminatory '.

1 Like

Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 12, 2020
olyrayy:

Very key question.

Saying the Germans were less racist is as absurd as saying the shekau is less of a bigot than Bin laden. Same difference.

1 Like

Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
olyrayy:

You don't understand my post. I was looking at it from the perspective of Panafrcan who assumed the Allied powers, were the real racist, rather than Germany.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
usermane:

Yes, troll. Native Americans would've stood a better chance of defending themselves if they had some civilization. They became an easy target because they still lived in relatively primitive state and so whites took advantage.

grin Taking advantage of a so called primitive people doesn't in any way define a civilized people but of Barbarians my dear friend. The very reason why such intellectual as Oscar Wilde had to call a spade a spade.

To Oscar Wilde America doesn't have CIVILIZATION. Hahaha...very interesting perspective.

Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
usermane:

You don't understand my post. I was looking at it from the perspective of Panafrcan who assumed the Allied powers, were the real racist, rather than Germany.

You only moving in circles like a Barber's chair.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
fieryy:

Wrong! Jews weren't the only one discriminated against, but also blacks, the disabled etc.
Afro-Germans did not only lose their passports during the Nazi regime, but also were not allowed to marry the 'Aryans' according to the Nuremberg Laws
In fact the so called 'Rhineland Bastards' had been forced to sterilisation.

Besides Germany also has an history of having controlling colonies, especially in the African Great Lakes region. The Afrikanisches Viertel in Berlin is a proof to this. Up till this date a lot of streets are still named after countries and locations tied to the German colonial empire. It had only been only after World War I, the Belgians, British and French took control of Germany's colonies.

So no Germany had definitely not been 'less discriminatory '.

You don't understand my post. I never said the Nazis didn't discriminate against blacks. The discrimination, relative to US, was less. For instance, Jesse Owens reported good relations with the Germans during the Olympics, better than he received on return to the US.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
JUICYPINEAPPLE:

grin Taking advantage of a so called primitive people doesn't in any way define a civilized people but of Barbarians my dear friend. The very reason why such intellectual as Oscar Wilde had to call a spade a spade.

To Oscar Wilde America doesn't have CIVILIZATION. Hahaha...very interesting perspective.

No. I disagree. It is only barbaric by today's standard. Go read about wars and empires in human history. The native Americans would've done the same if they were in the place of Europeans.
Re: Pan-africanism & Antiracism by usermane(m): 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
koonbey:

Very key question.

Saying the Germans were less racist is as absurd as absurd as saying the shekau is less of a bigot than Bin laden. Same difference.

WTH. Nazis didn't commit the Namibian genocide. The Nazis had black soldiers, did not enforce segregation like the US.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusive Footage Of Surrender Of Militants Of The Azov National Battalion / Meet Our Family - The Obamas (picture) / Nigerian Doctor Accused Of Killing Two Patients In Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.