Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,633 members, 7,827,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? (26551 Views)

Help! Please How Can I Recover My Fund From A Dealer In US / ♒ ♒ Recover Your Lost/Stolen Custom Duty Documents Here ♒ / I Am A Clearing And Forwarding Agent And A Car Dealer (apapa Tin Can) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2020
SocialJustice:
The parents are also criminals. Arrest them until he shows up. If he doesn't, charge the parents to court. Consult with a lawyer.

How can he arrest the parents when he has no evidence of wrongdoing against them?
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Dannjay(m): 7:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
Does he need to?
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by camaraderi(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
SocialJustice:
The parents are also criminals. Arrest them until he shows up. If he doesn't, charge the parents to court. Consult with a lawyer.

You are ignorant.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
emmabest2000:
No matter which way you intend to recover your money from him , just remember one thing... you don't have any case with his parents....shekena

Good luck
Who told you ��
When it comes to parents to child relationships, there's a saying the apple doesn't fall far from the the tree. The parents can be arrested if they had accessory to it.
The criminal justice system doesn't arrest a parents for a child mistake. e.g if a child sell drugs to his class mate and it causes injury to them the parents can't be responsible.
On the other hand if the child sells a drug which was a prescription meant for the parents, the parents could be arrested for negligence.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by trustperky: 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by etibaba(m): 7:53pm On Jun 13, 2020
onyechez:

Who told you ��
When it comes to parents to child relationships, there's a saying the apple doesn't fall far from the the tree. The parents can be arrested if they had accessory to it.
The criminal justice system doesn't arrest a parents for a child mistake. e.g if a child sell drugs to his class mate and it causes injury to them the parents can't be responsible.
On the other hand if the child sells a drug which was a prescription meant for the parents, the parents could be arrested for negligence.
There is no where in the law that it is/was stated that you can arrest someone for a crime committed by another, unless the person is an accomplice, other than that you can't hold someone else more than 24hrs.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by MGDIMA4: 8:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
A friend of mine got scammed of a huge amount of money(i cant put the price here) by someone who sells cars .So how do we go about it because the police has really eaten us deep and done nothing about it.

The guy who scammed him has not been online for a month now he just vanished, we visited the parents house and they said they dont know where their son is and the funny thing is that they didnt seem worried at all.

The best thing to do is to Contact human radio Abuja ( Ahmed Musa Aka Ordinary President ) u can search for berrekete Family radio on Facebook live , I am 100% sure that your Money will come out in less than a week...
Do that and get back to me

1 Like

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by BigTableShaker(f): 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
SIRKAY98:
Try arrest them and spend more on damages. this ia a civil mayter business gone wrong
If na me, I for don kill somebody. I don't like what I hate.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by drmikeadams(m): 9:24pm On Jun 13, 2020
onyechez:

Who told you ��
angry angry grin grin

So as a parent,u go dey ur house or office one day,SARS or police go bust ur house arrest u and ur wife like criminals put inside bus dey go kirikiri because ur son commit offence for school or work place wey u no even know about?
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by DaddyBella(m): 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
A friend of mine got scammed of a huge amount of money(i cant put the price here) by someone who sells cars .So how do we go about it because the police has really eaten us deep and done nothing about it.

The guy who scammed him has not been online for a month now he just vanished, we visited the parents house and they said they dont know where their son is and the funny thing is that they didnt seem worried at all.

===========

Tips on how to retrieve your money after being scammed.

Social media users & shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, and it's quite painful. Today, I'm sharing with you things to do when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging apps (IG, WhatsApp, FB).

2. Write out the full name & bank details of the page/person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment via mobile app or SMS & copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scammer's bank & ask to see the desk or staff in charge of FRAUD. If you can, print out all your conversation with the scammer & take it with you.

5. While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK & copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng). This will push the bank to treat it faster.

What should you expect from this?

The culprit/suspects' account will be PLACED ON HOLD. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, & when they do, the bank will contact the police & the suspect, when proven guilty, will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

#CBN #scam #fraud #banks #money #app #culprit #refund #Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by SIRKAY98(m): 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2020
BigTableShaker:

If na me, I for don kill somebody.
I don't like what I hate.
Eya sorry..,thats human 4u..,them fit disapoint.

If you want to buy a car, i think the procedure is go there hv the car inspected ,pay and after they confirm the money has entered carry your motor.
So i dont know how he did isnown business gone wrong

But my mind telling me the car he wanted to buy, maybe the dealer the not have it in stock, then he was told to pay money that they will order for him... so maybe corona virus delayed the dealer or lockdown affect him abroad.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by osazsky(m): 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2020
SocialJustice:
what did d parents do to warrant arrest so if a child commits an offence u will ignore the child and punish the parents instead of u to blame the police for not having intelligence u dey arrest old parents na wah for una o
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by BigTableShaker(f): 10:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
SIRKAY98:

Eya sorry..,thats human 4u..,them fit disapoint.

If you want to buy a car, i think the procedure is go there hv the car inspected ,pay and after they confirm the money has entered carry your motor.
So i dont know how he did isnown business gone wrong

But my mind telling me the car he wanted to buy, maybe the dealer the not have it in stock, then he was told to pay money that they will order for him... so maybe corona virus delayed the dealer or lockdown affect him abroad.
Maybe sha
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 13, 2020

Go to EFCC with all the evidences, they will surely help you.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by chidi4sam(m): 4:51am On Jun 14, 2020
wunaESQ:
4get d police... write a letter to EFCC involving all d details

How can someone who is living outside Nigeria get across to the EFCC?

I have an experience of such and would like to take it further.

A little explanation of my ordeal.

In 2018, I lost my job and in the process of searching for something else, I met with this man who was doing well in his line of business.
He is a member of the same church I attend.
He suggested I join him in his biz pending when I find something else. He explained to me, the profit margin. I could earn about 80k in every 1M I invest monthly.

So, in January 2019, I gave him 1M and withing 2 weeks, he paid me the interest of 100K. With that, I reinvested. In February, I told him I shall be traveling by march so, I would need my money back. He promised my money will be ready before I leave. But, one week before I left, be told me the supplies he made has not been paid for by the company. That immediately they pay, he will remit the cash into my account.

That was how I travelled without my money because I trusted him as a fellow brother in church. Ever since then, it has been from one excuse to another. It took him 9 months to pay 600k. Sometimes, he paid in 50k per month.

Now, the money is remaining 400k and he has refused to pay. I involved the police through my friend. They promised to do something. But the man went and bribed them. That was how the case ended. The police said they can't go further because, it was not a fraud case but a business issue that can be resolved.

I am willing to give anyone 100-150k from the money if it can be recovered.

My brother in-law wanted to go beat him up but I refused because, he might die in the process.

Please, if you know how I can go about it, indicate. I can call you personally.

My money can't just go like that.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Venerable612(m): 5:06am On Jun 14, 2020
SocialJustice:

Please don’t follow this advice.

That’s one of the cardinal principles of Nigeria’s criminal law...... YOU CANT ARREST SOMEONE In lieu of a suspect...

Administration of Criminal Justice Act / S. 7
7. A person shall not be arrested in place of a suspect.

If you have a doubt That this applies in Lagos, also check S. 4 of the ACJL (which applies in Lagos).

You and your lawyers will be sued for malicious prosecution and cough out more money if you are not careful.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Venerable612(m): 5:24am On Jun 14, 2020
chidi4sam:

How can someone who is living outside Nigeria get across to the EFCC?

I have an experience of such and would like to take it further.

A little explanation of my ordeal.

In 2018, I lost my job and in the process of searching for something else, I met with this man who was doing well in his line of business.
He is a member of the same church I attend.
He suggested I join him in his biz pending when I find something else. He explained to me, the profit margin. I could earn about 80k in every 1M I invest monthly.

So, in January 2019, I gave him 1M and withing 2 weeks, he paid me the interest of 100K. With that, I reinvested. In February, I told him I shall be traveling by march so, I would need my money back. He promised my money will be ready before I leave. But, one week before I left, be told me the supplies he made has not been paid for by the company. That immediately they pay, he will remit the cash into my account.

That was how I travelled without my money because I trusted him as a fellow brother in church. Ever since then, it has been from one excuse to another. It took him 9 months to pay 600k. Sometimes, he paid in 50k per month.

Now, the money is remaining 400k and he has refused to pay. I involved the police through my friend. They promised to do something. But the man went and bribed them. That was how the case ended. The police said they can't go further because, it was not a fraud case but a business issue that can be resolved.

I am willing to give anyone 100-150k from the money if it can be recovered.

My brother in-law wanted to go beat him up but I refused because, he might die in the process.

Please, if you know how I can go about it, indicate. I can call you personally.

My money can't just go like that.

I am sorry for your loss bro.

But Nigerians that are reading this should be advised that the Police And EFCC have no power to recover debts.

Failure to repay overdue debts is a civil wrong and not a criminal act.

The Police and other security agents (I.e EFCC), therefore, have no power under the law to arrest, prosecute or to take any action against a person for failure to pay debts. See EFCC v Diamond banks & ors; see Mclaren v Jennings.

You can only involve the police or efcc if the money was obtained by Fraud, stealing or any other crime was committed!

Now - your best bet?
1. Write a letter of demand, if you haven’t got an agreement between both of yu.
2. Meet a lawyer for (1) above to assist with drafting and get a lawyer to follow through with court processes. It’s pretty much slam dunk for debt recoveries in the courts - but be sure that the person can cough out the money. No point wasting money on legal processes when the accused doesn’t have any money to give!

1 Like

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by chidi4sam(m): 6:34am On Jun 14, 2020
Venerable612:

I am sorry for your loss bro.

But Nigerians that are reading this should be advised that the Police And EFCC have no power to recover debts.

Failure to repay overdue debts is a civil wrong and not a criminal act.

The Police and other security agents (I.e EFCC), therefore, have no power under the law to arrest, prosecute or to take any action against a person for failure to pay debts. See EFCC v Diamond banks & ors; see Mclaren v Jennings.

You can only involve the police or efcc if the money was obtained by Fraud, stealing or any other crime was committed!

Now - your best bet?
1. Write a letter of demand, if you haven’t got an agreement between both of yu.
2. Meet a lawyer for (1) above to assist with drafting and get a lawyer to follow through with court processes. It’s pretty much slam dunk for debt recoveries in the courts - but be sure that the person can cough out the money. No point wasting money on legal processes when the accused doesn’t have any money to give!

Thank you very much.
But since I'm not in Nigeria, how do I go about this?
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by scarwiz(m): 6:47am On Jun 14, 2020
my dad got scammed by a car dealer too,he is follow up with the man's family they are trying to pay back little by little
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by killfear(m): 6:59am On Jun 14, 2020
SocialJustice:
First line won't fly, the new law; ACJA bars arresting a person for another's crime.
The last line is sure, : Consult a lawyer.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by humilitypays(m): 7:04am On Jun 14, 2020
Enugupikin:

Lol..how would someone he has murdered work free again grin grin grin
hahahahaha, they do in Nollywood films oh shocked cheesy
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Enugupikin: 7:05am On Jun 14, 2020
humilitypays:
hahahahaha, they do in Nollywood films oh shocked cheesy
Lol..the thing was just so funny
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by humilitypays(m): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2020
Enugupikin:

Lol..the thing was just so funny
me self that wrote it, honestly I didn't think about it, Nairaland won't kill someone cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by akambasms(m): 7:37am On Jun 14, 2020
Doesn't work that way... Criminal responsibility is individual... You can't be arrested, legally speaking, for your son's crime. It's the job of the police to investigate and hunt down any fleeing culprit and not the parent...

tenkiu
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by cardoctor(m): 7:44am On Jun 14, 2020
Nezzjnr:
. Arrest his Parents

Why do people reason like this? Arrest the parents who know nothing about what their son did. Is this a serious suggestion by someone who doesn't know the law?
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by frozen70(f): 9:08am On Jun 14, 2020

You brought a case of lost of money by trick and you don't want to give full details and the amount involved

So how do you want the advice of suggestions to be ?
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by DAVE5(m): 9:25am On Jun 14, 2020
Nickymichy:
If u want to buy anything in this country..my brothers and sister.. Go where den dey sell am...point d one wet u wan buy...make den write receipt for u...collect your thing pay go house and celebrate...I don't like all ds intermediary things... EFCC will help u I guess..I hope u have enough evidence to show for all d transaction...

As in ehn, you just talk am finish

All those preorder or pay and collect later matter ehn, I no dey do ohh

Instead of me to preorder for a lesser amount, I'd rather walk in to where I want to buy, point, test, pay, drive away with my goods

Trying to save a few thousands, you go loose hundreds of thousands or even millis
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by tightpussy156: 10:15am On Jun 14, 2020
you don't expect us to show you way forward when you didn't disclose what transpired btw both if them to enable us give proper decision.from your state is like ur friend na greedy man that was why he was scammed.the guy selling car doesn't even have a car stand.you didn't even tell us what was ur role in the business were u not there when ur friend was scammed.enlight us more the scammer will be caught an face the law.who quotes me for saying truth to hug transformer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2012 Model Lexus Is250c Toks Convertible Full Option / ⚙ ~European Vehicle History& Vin Look-up/Plate For Used/Tokunbo Vehicle⚙ / Photos From The Abeokuta Bikers Converge 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.