Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

2011 Oscar Awards Nominations - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations (6733 Views)

Nigerian Movie "30 Days in Atlanta” Gets 10 Nominations In U.S. / Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list / Oscar Awards Live-----Inception n The King's Speech leading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by rockers: 3:47pm On Jan 25, 2011
BEST ART DIRECTION:
Alice in Wonderland
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1
Inception
The King's Speech
True Grit

BEST ANIMATED FILM:
How to Train your Dragon
The Illusionist
Toy Story 3

BEST DIRECTOR:
Darren Aronofsky, Black Swan
David O. Russell, The Fighter
Tom Hooper, The King's Speech
David Fincher, The Social Network
Joel & Ethan Coen , True Grit

BEST PICTURE (10 nominations):
Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids Are All Right
The King’s Speech
The Social Network
True Grit
Winter's Bone
Toy Story 3
127 Hours

BEST ACTRESS:

Annette Bening, The Kids Are All Right
Nicole Kidman, Rabbit Hole
Jennifer Lawrence, Winter's Bone
Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Michelle Williams, Blue Valentine

BEST ACTOR:
Colin Firth, The King's Speech
Jesse Eisenberg, The Social Network
James Franco, 127 Hours
Javier Bardem, Biutiful
Jeff Bridges, True Grit

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
Christian Bale, The Fighter
John Hawkes, Winter's Bone
Jeremy Renner, The Town
Mark Ruffalo, The Kids Are All Right
Geoffrey Rush, The King's Speech

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
Amy Adams, The Fighter
Helena Bonham-Carter, The King's Speech
Melissa Leo, The Fighter
Hailee Steinfeld, True Grit
Jacki Weaver , Animal Kingdom

BEST COSTUME DESIGN
Alice in Wonderland
I Am Love
The King's Speech
The Tempest
True Grit

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Black Swan
Inception
The King's Speech
The Social Network
True Grit

BEST FILM EDITING
Black Swan
The Fighter
The King's Speech
127 Hours
The Social Network

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
Biutiful (Mexico)
Dogtooth (Greece)
In a Better World (Denmark)
Incendies (Canada)
Outside the Law - Hors-la-loi (Algeria

BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT
Killing in the Name
Poster Girl
Strangers No More
Sun Come Up
The Warriors of Qiugang

BEST ANIMATED SHORT
Day & Night
The Gruffalo
Let's Pollute
The Lost Thing
Madagascar, carnet de voyage (Madagascar, a Journey Diary)

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
How to Train your Dragon
Inception
The King's Speech
127 Hours
The Social Network

Read more: http://www./2011/01/2011-oscar-awards-nominations.html#ixzz1C3gqhgF3
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by Mobinga: 7:31pm On Jan 25, 2011
WTF is toy story 3 doing there?
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by SisiKill1: 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2011
No Ryan Gosling? cry cry cry cry

Ah well, at least they didn't nominate Justin Timberlake. . . that would have just been the ultimate insult to everyone ever nominated for Oscar. Dude was probably expecting it too, don't know what kind Koolaid he's been sipping on thinking he's an actor. undecided

Good for The King's Speech. . . always liked Colin Firth.

Who saw the Rabbit Hole?
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by SisiKill1: 7:48pm On Jan 25, 2011
Mobinga:

WTF is toy story 3 doing there?

They can't just give the Oscar to "How to Train your Dragon", they gotta pretend there's competition cheesy
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by 1988: 8:00pm On Jan 25, 2011
best picture-the social network
best actor-jesse eisenberg
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by biodun70(m): 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2011
I'm just upset that Leo Dicaprio didn't get a shout this year sad. I think he was awesome in Shutter Island. These Oscar people sef!! embarassed
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by spade: 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

They can't just give the Oscar to "How to Train your Dragon", they gotta pretend there's competition  cheesy
grin
Apparently, you're in another planet - probably the Viking planet; because, first of all, Toy Story IS the movie to beat at the Animation category, and that's what critics believe too (read reputable blogs to broaden your view on this subject and confirm my point). Toy Story is the best-reviewed movie of 2010 with a 99 percent rating on rottentomatoes.com, as opposed to How To Train Your Dragon's 98. It is also the highest selling film of 2010, as well as the highest grossing animated movie ever made, with a superb haul of roughly 1.07 billion dollars. Critics like Roger Ebert have long tipped this movie to be a valid contender for the Best Picture title. So, for you to even think of How To Train Your Dragon as anything remotely similar to a shoe-in is just totally laughable.

Oh, and, umm, by the way, I think Mobinga was actually talking about its presence in the Best Picture category. smiley
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2011
Best Animated - Toy Story

Best supporting Actress - Hailee Steinfeld, True Grit

Best art direction - Inception vs True Grit

Best actor - Jeff Bridges, True Grit vs Colin Firth, The King's Speech
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by obinna5000(m): 9:41pm On Jan 25, 2011
Christopher Nolan got snubbed in the Best Director category.  undecided

I'm hoping Hans Zimmer will win the Best Original Score for "Inception".

Best Picture will go to either "The King's Speech" or "The Social Network". But its a tough category anyway.  undecided The nominees in this category are better than those selected last year.

@rockers
You forgot to add the BEST VISUAL EFFECTS category.

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
- ALICE IN WONDERLAND (2010)
- HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART I
- HEREAFTER
- INCEPTION
- IRON MAN 2

The Oscar ceremony will take place on February 27 2011 at The Kodak Theater in Hollywood, California.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by kadman(m): 12:30am On Jan 26, 2011
I'm disappointed theres no nomination for Julianne Moore. I believe she should have campaigned for best supporting actress, rather than best actress as her role was a bit smaller than Annette Bening, of which Annette Bening should be getting ready for her 4th Oscar loss.

I've also built a cabinet and shipped it to Nashville, Tennessee, where Nicole Kidman would be storing her second Oscar. wink
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by spikedcylinder: 12:52am On Jan 26, 2011
^^^^
Nicole Kidman. *scoffs*. That tree ain't winning sheeeet! tongue
I haven't seen most of these movies sha. Thank you o, silfabed, una do well. angry angry angry angry
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by SisiKill1: 1:26am On Jan 26, 2011
spade:

grin
Apparently, you're in another planet - probably the Viking planet; because, first of all, Toy Story IS the movie to beat at the Animation category, and that's what critics believe too (read reputable blogs to broaden your view on this subject and confirm my point). Toy Story is the best-reviewed movie of 2010 with a 99 percent rating on rottentomatoes.com, as opposed to How To Train Your Dragon's 98. It is also the highest selling film of 2010, as well as the highest grossing animated movie ever made, with a superb haul of roughly 1.07 billion dollars. Critics like Roger Ebert have long tipped this movie to be a valid contender for the Best Picture title. So, for you to even think of How To Train Your Dragon as anything remotely similar to a shoe-in is just totally laughable.

Oh, and, umm, by the way, I think Mobinga was actually talking about its presence in the Best Picture category. smiley

Bwhahahahahaha! You lost me at Roger Ebert Do you know your esteemed critic was certain Justin Timberlake would be nominated. Lemme me repeat that. . . Justin Timberlake. . . .Oscar. Huh? Huh? Yeah that's what I thought.

Not disputing that Toy Story made a lot of money or that it was well reviewed but was it Oscar worthy good?

spikedcylinder:

^^^^
Nicole Kidman. *scoffs*. That tree ain't winning sheeeet! tongue
I haven't seen most of these movies sha. Thank you o, silfabed, una do well. angry angry angry angry

Lmao! I second the bit about NK. Maybe when her forehead starts moving again, we can talk until then. . . . cheesy

Yeparipa! I've gone and done it now! Watch Kadman get on my behind for that, dude loves his Kidman and Aniston. tongue
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by chika98: 1:37am On Jan 26, 2011
Yikes! Nolan was snubbed. Oh well. I know this is Colin Firth's year so I'm looking forward to him
nicking it .

Now Kidman has got to be kidding ! She isn't going to get nada. Botox robocop.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by spikedcylinder: 1:46am On Jan 26, 2011
Lol @ Sisikill and Chika.
Remember what I told you, kadman? The woman is a frigging tree! She once said in an interview that she has 'tried' botox. Tried ehn? She's had it with every meal since she and Tom broke up. tongue tongue tongue
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by paraphase(m): 1:47am On Jan 26, 2011
=-
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by chika98: 2:12am On Jan 26, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Lol @ Sisikill and Chika.
Remember what I told you, kadman? The woman is a frigging tree! She once said in an interview that she has 'tried' botox. Tried ehn? She's had it with every meal since she and Tom broke up. tongue tongue tongue

She's one of those actresses you can't even relate to. She seems so unreal and unapproachable.
Tried it my a.s.s like you said I don't think it is just Botox perhaps face lift and things.
Watch her show up to SAG awards on Sunday looking a mess!
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by bash673(m): 3:10am On Jan 26, 2011
spade:

grin

You can also add that "TOY STORY" is the 5th highest grossing movie of all time.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by comechop(m): 3:40am On Jan 26, 2011
oscar what?
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by Mobinga: 7:35am On Jan 26, 2011
lemme download these movies and watch sef. Im lagging behind in the movie industry
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by obinna5000(m): 7:53am On Jan 26, 2011
Mobinga:

lemme download these movies and watch sef. Im lagging behind in the movie industry

@Mobinga
Carry go! Nothing do you. cheesy

@kadman
Remember that Natalie Portman and Annette Bening are also strong contenders in the Best Actress category.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by Firebomb: 9:29am On Jan 26, 2011
"Best Actress"- Natalie Portman-Black Swan. She has no great competition!
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 26, 2011
@mobinga can u tell me sites i can download the films and what it will take abeg i nid am too
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by marcus1234: 10:02am On Jan 26, 2011
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by spade: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Bwhahahahahaha! You lost me at Roger Ebert Do you know your esteemed critic was certain Justin Timberlake would be nominated. Lemme me repeat that. . . Justin Timberlake. . . .Oscar. Huh? Huh? Yeah that's what I thought.

Not disputing that Toy Story made a lot of money or that it was well reviewed but was it Oscar worthy good?
grin Taaa! Sisikill, na lie!!! grin
I no gree! The people I remember he tipped were Christian Bale, Colin Firth, Andrew Garfield, James Franco, Jesse Eisenberg, Geoffrey Rush and Ryan Gosling, but ne'er e'er Timberlake. If you believe otherwise, oya insert link make I see.
Imagine!! Who be Justin Timberlake? Who dash am? Who born am? Who sire am!? Abegggg! grin

And speaking of reviews, yes, I believe they do count, because these judges and voters actually are a compilation of actors, critics and directors.

Oh yes! cheesy
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by Yoh: 3:17pm On Jan 26, 2011
Are u guys sure of all these nominees?
Though I'm sure of Inception, Harry Potter & the Hallows, The Social Network,
Pls confirm. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE wink
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by obinna5000(m): 4:32pm On Jan 26, 2011
Yoh!:

Are u guys sure of all these nominees?
Though I'm sure of Inception, Harry Potter & the Hallows, The Social Network,
Pls confirm. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE wink

@Yoh!
The nominations are correct.

If you're still in doubt, please visit http://oscar.go.com/nominations
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by Freesia(f): 6:49pm On Jan 26, 2011
Why did I believe "For colored Girls" would even be considered for any nomination? guess it's not mainstream enough or there are too many dark scenes too watch
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by chic2pimp(m): 6:53pm On Jan 26, 2011
It looks like Colin Firth has this Award(Best Actor Oscar)all sewn up. Well the British press seem too think so anyways.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by chika98: 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2011
This is Colin Firth's year. He'll surely get it.
Natalie has got it for black swan.
I think Toy Story shouldn't even have been nominated but then again
there aren't that many of them to choose from.
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by SisiKill1: 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2011
spade:

grin Taaa! Sisikill, na lie!!! grin
I no gree! The people I remember he tipped were Christian Bale, Colin Firth, Andrew Garfield, James Franco, Jesse Eisenberg, Geoffrey Rush and Ryan Gosling, but ne'er e'er Timberlake. If you believe otherwise, oya insert link make I see.
Imagine!! Who be Justin Timberlake? Who dash am? Who born am? Who sire am!? Abegggg! grin

And speaking of reviews, yes, I believe they do count, because these judges and voters actually are a compilation of actors, critics and directors.

Oh yes! cheesy

Rotflmao!  cheesy cheesy cheesy I swear I'm not lying. . . .

Here's the quote and the link sef

Who'll be nominated?

BY ROGER EBERT / January 23, 2011

The slam dunks for Best Supporting Actor are Christian Bale in “The Fighter,” Geoffrey Rush in “The King's Speech” and Mark Ruffalo in “The Kids Are All Right.” I suspect Justin Timberlake has an excellent chance for “The Social Network,”

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110123/OSCARS/110129995

He called him wonderful too [img]http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1&sid=6cab282a3d9b8a0a0669aeffcd820717[/img]
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by chika98: 6:46am On Jan 27, 2011
Justin timberlake win an Oscar? I think I'll become a superstar first before that ever happens. LOL. When the pigs fly! !!
Re: 2011 Oscar Awards Nominations by spikedcylinder: 11:30am On Jan 27, 2011
@ sisikill and spade,

Have you seen The Social Network at all? Justin (to my dismaytongue) was actually quite impressive. I didn't know he could act his arse off like that. Seriously.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Movie Audition For People Staying In/around Asaba, Onitsha, Owerri, & Awka / Wats Ur Worst/best Tv Advert/commercial / Nollywood Script Writer: Screenplay From Nollywood; How To Write And Sell It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.