Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC (50688 Views)

List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun / Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by ikorodureporta: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2020
HeyCorleone:

I like how you use your experience in one or two churches as a benchmark for the whole Catholic Churches in Lagos. You must be so full of wisdom.

I'm only asking if your church can handle it...
If you are a Catholic, go online now & see how many percentage of your members are following your social media pages...Do you have a media team that covers live events online? If you have one, they are just being set up because of covid
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 11:07am On Jun 14, 2020
Olarewaju89:

Psalms 122 vs 1: I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the LORD.”

I hope your life will not be the opposite of glad which is... anguished, joyless, dreary, dull, bittersweet, dolorous...

Proverb 21 vs 23: whoever guard his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from trouble.
if you don't agree with someone's opinion express your opinions wisely and stop being stupid with your baseless curses man grow with your mind !
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by foreshore(m): 11:10am On Jun 14, 2020
ikorodureporta:

https://ncdc.gov.ng/news/255/nigeria--releases-covid-19-guide-to-re-open-places-of-worship

**Can Your Church Handle This?? I don't think my church can...

Obviously this people are crazy and do not understand the purpose and role of the Church. Neither do they understand the redemptive work of Jesus Christ and the healing power exhibited by him.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by fujirice: 11:11am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:
Question? why aren't the market place or malls having these same rules? Now it's obvious the fight is against the church
Can you guys stop this rubbish?
Schools are still closed down and you don’t hear anyone saying that the educational sector is under attack.
Churches have been holding online services and still collecting offerings online but schools are not allowed to collect school fees for conducting online learning yet you don’t hear anyone complaining.
Enough of this kind of talk already.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by potent5(m): 11:11am On Jun 14, 2020
Pardon him. It's the overzealousness church goers.
grin
Fogman:

The guidelines is meant for all religions and not for churches alone. Please be guided in your public utterances

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Antiochus(m): 11:11am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:
Question? why aren't the market place or malls having these same rules? Now it's obvious the fight is against the church

Illiterate
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Angelfrost(m): 11:12am On Jun 14, 2020
Joshmodest:

Are you also saying that the number of people in markets outnumbers the religious centres ??
Or since they have not been able to control crowd in the markets we should all begin to go mad and gather about !

To your first question in bold, Yes they greatly do!!! The smallest market gatherings in the nation easily outnumber most big churches. There is no single market in this nation adhering to WHO preventive guidelines! Not a single one!!!
When you put that into real perspective, being restrictive on religious gatherings achieves absolutely nothing, and further paints a picture of bias or selective justice.

To your final point, inability or failure to control crowding in markets that meet daily, having an attendance of almost 90 percent of a given population, already and irrevocably bodes ill for everyone of us... Restricting churches and mosques changes nothing!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:
Pastor, you have failed.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Teejay13(m): 11:14am On Jun 14, 2020
Beautiful lines though. But then, what financial support measure have the federal government giving out to it's citizen so far?

Is it just all about developing quarantine guildlines? Shit!

federal government you guys, really gat to do more.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by saheedbadmus(m): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
We can't meet up with this requirement in in masjid, Leaving space In-between us in prayer is not allowed. OBSERVING OUR SOLLAH AT HOME WITH FAMILY WOULD BE PREFERABLE. May Allah forgive our shortcomings and Clean this virus off the World
may Allah swt increase our iman and accept our prayers and salat as act of Ibadah .. my brother it's not easy o.. is it possible to use hand sanitizer at the masjid or how can we attend jumat and not Be overcrowded.. may Allah swt have mercy on us
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Chinny024(f): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2020
Hian....Anytime my mind goes to this covid-19.I do freeze inside of me...Poor adherence to protocols Will worsen the situation... Imagine when government left us at the mercy of our fate..No PPE,NO Sanitiser,hospital s are short staffed.etc.. Nurse patient ratio. is 1:20.

Health sector is doomed..
NMCN just lost 3nurses....

Of course, it won't appear in the news
May God save us!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by xreal: 11:25am On Jun 14, 2020
Davash222:

12. No adults above 60, & children below 16

Why the segregation? They for kuku no reopen any Church.

That's the indirect message been passed.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by NwaIgboBoy(m): 11:26am On Jun 14, 2020
now u will see Nigerian police and army going into churches arresting ppl but nothing will happen to mosques even if they violated the guidelines.

one Nigeria my ass!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by fixedhollies(m): 11:26am On Jun 14, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Which scientist is that? I guess the one that's tired of some people's annoying stupîdity.
People that are doomed to be forever stupîd.
People that only see what you want them to see...
That's how is it is to call a BROWN SKINNED people Black and PALE SKINNED people Whites....
It's a Shame...
Read more, not necessarily because of healing but to ease pressure or anxiety. Good day
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Reptyle(m): 11:27am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:

And the mosques? Are they not affected as well?

Why do we Christian's like claiming everything is an attack on the church? Why do we like crying wolf where there is none?

With the numbers been recorded everyday, does it even begin to make sense to you for any pastor to gather people into an auditorium at a time like this? Does it sound to you like the sort of thing that Jesus would do? Would he wilfully expose his people to such danger?

How can you compare markets to churches? Must we congregate in a man made building before we can worship God? What is wrong with the idea of gathering online like most churches are currently doing?
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 11:28am On Jun 14, 2020
Angelfrost:

To your first question in bold, Yes they greatly do!!! The smallest market gatherings in the nation easily outnumber most big churches. There is no single market in this nation adhering to WHO preventive guidelines! Not a single one!!!
When you put that into real perspective, being restrictive on religious gatherings achieves absolutely nothing, and further paints a picture of bias or selective justice.

To your final point, inability or failure to control crowding in markets that meet daily, having an attendance of almost 90 percent of a given population, already and irrevocably bodes ill for everyone of us... Restricting churches and mosques changes nothing!!!
To your first paragraph ...its total false hood to compare a crowd of traders and a few people buying household items ...to the crowd that will convene in Canaanland and even 4 catholic or Anglican churches with all sorts of people in full attendance in lagos ... i haven't been to a proper market in like 2 years now...same for many people ...even the markets don't open everyday ...go look at the strict guidelines those guys are adhering too...simple guidelines given to you people ....you are still crying fowl and complaining !
Secondly do we say because some people at the markets have decided to be mad...
We all should throw caution to the win and go maddd too ??
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by anonymous1759(m): 11:28am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:

Fuckiiing BIGOT you're not the Christian or Religious person.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:

See how this one reason...

So the majority Christians NCDC are working against the church abi?
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Bigsunny01(m): 11:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Stupid rules, de rules should go to public market and not religious home.

De rules go to religious home while de mail market remain open....when will dis people get sense
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by olax02(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Hmmm...

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 11:33am On Jun 14, 2020
foreshore:

Obviously this people are crazy and do not understand the purpose and role of the Church. Neither do they understand the redemptive work of Jesus Christ and the healing power exhibited by him.
I would like to have this discussion..
what is the role of the church ?
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Angelfrost(m): 11:38am On Jun 14, 2020
Joshmodest:

To your first paragraph ...its total false hood to compare a crowd of traders and a few people buying household items ...to the crowd that will convene in Canaanland and even 4 catholic or Anglican churches with all sorts of people in full attendance in lagos ...
Secondly do we say because some people at the markets have decided to be mad...
We all should throw caution to the win and go maddd too ??

Your statement in bold actually made me laugh!!! grin

What are you even saying or typing here??! Seriously now!!!... Why can't they be compared??! Is it not the same virus??! Does the virus avoid markets out of sympathy for "a crowd of traders and a few people buying household items"??!... Where is the falsehood in comparing gatherings of the same individuals in different settings??!... Or do superhumans gather in markets??!...

If you brought this argument before any court world over, even the dumbest judge will strike it out and mock you out of his court room!!!

You can't be selective on definition of general terms like "Crowds" or "Crowded Places"!!!... What applies to one must equally and graciously be applied to all!!!... That's the only way to achieve true disease containment, without coming off as selective, biased or "Anti-religion"!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 11:42am On Jun 14, 2020
fujirice:

Can you guys stop this rubbish?
Schools are still closed down and you don’t hear anyone saying that the educational sector is under attack.
Churches have been holding online services and still collecting offerings online but schools are not allowed to collect school fees for conducting online learning yet you don’t hear anyone complaining.
Enough of this kind of talk already.
Deeeeeeeep words of wisdom
Covid 19 has affected
Educational sector - kids cant resume and teachers are broke at home .
Transport sectors - Airplanes cant fly ..Danfo's cant carry usual capacity... Keke's can only carry two, okada'a were banned altogether .
Market sector - they don't open 7 days of the week again ,and can't even close when they want...and are not making as much as they used to !
Why isn't anyone screaming attack on any of these sectors or is the church building all there is

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Olarewaju89: 11:47am On Jun 14, 2020
Joshmodest:

if you don't agree with someone's opinion express your opinions wisely and stop being stupid with your baseless curses man grow with your mind !

If you call that one opinion, then both of you have issue with your creator.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Fogman(m): 11:49am On Jun 14, 2020
potent5:
Pardon him. It's the overzealousness church goers.
grin

Reckless comments like this causes religious problem
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by IYANGBALI: 11:50am On Jun 14, 2020
Wear your facemask always

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Bimpe29: 11:51am On Jun 14, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 11:51am On Jun 14, 2020
Angelfrost:

Your statement in bold actually made me laugh!!! grin

What are you even saying or typing here??! Seriously now!!!... Why can't they be compared??! Is it not the same virus??! Does the virus avoid markets out of sympathy for "a crowd of traders and a few people buying household items"??!... Where is the falsehood in comparing gatherings of the same individuals in different settings??!... Or do superhumans gather in markets??!...

If you brought this argument before any court world over, even the dumbest judge will strike it out and mock you out of his court room!!!

You can't be selective on definition of general terms like "Crowds" or "Crowded Places"!!!... What applies to one must equally and graciously be applied to all!!!... That's the only way to achieve true disease containment, without coming off as selective, biased or "Anti-religion"!!!
if you are married , do you step out with your whole family to the market ?
if your answer is yes then its either you are not mentally fit or you just choose to be dumb ...
I can confidently tell you that a good number of people have no business in those crowded markets you speak of ...but the church has families congregating in a building ....like I said you can never compare the crowd in terms of numbers ....
Lastly I would like to know where you stand ....are you saying we should lockdown everything all over since some people have chosen to be mad at the markets ...or since the crowds in the market can't be controlled , the govt should allow people to come and fight wrestling at the national stadium in their millions...
I'm sure a judge will clap for you and give you front seat in the court for this your clouded reasoning ...
You religuos folks don't realise the world doesn't revolve around your church buildings !!?
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by chukwuibuipob: 11:53am On Jun 14, 2020
sadCCC,C/S can’t take dat one hour.Church dat start their service at 9/10 and close at 3pm.NCDC una balls
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Olarewaju89: 11:53am On Jun 14, 2020
Joshmodest:

I would like to have this discussion..
what is the role of the church ?

Go and ask your creator you anthist, and stop disgrace yourself here. undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by StillWiz: 11:54am On Jun 14, 2020
Do you think those pastors won't do deliverances today? Forget it, social distancing won't work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex / Bishop Oyedepo Pays Condolence Visit To Pastor Odukoya Over Wife's Death (Pix) / Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.