Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? (31500 Views)

My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / How To Prevent The Boy Child From Sexual Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Prayfortheworld: 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2020
BeautifulWoman:
DON'T TELL HIM until he proposes. No man is worth knowing about your personal life unless they are willing to spend their lives with you.

The best time to tell him is the day he pops the question(proposes). The moment he does, don't say yes yet but tearfully tell him you don't deserve him or a good man like him. He will be curious and ask why. That is when you tell him. At that point, he will be sober and trying his best to show you he loves you regardless.
My sister relationship go scatter.
I can act cool because of the people around and put the ring on your finger.
But you see that ring eeh you go wear am Taya i swear

4 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Dididrumz(m): 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
From when You notice things would be getting serious
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Fuckalldmods(f): 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
Honestly, I can't deal with it.

Tell me early or better still that moment the relationship start getting serious, so that we won't waste time building a relationship that won't stand or work. And again, if you hide it for long before telling me I will leave you not minding how long we have been together, it's better to tell me at early stage.

Anyway, I go still free you either ways.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by boomssey(f): 10:50pm On Jun 17, 2020
On your first date with him or her.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by One4me: 10:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dainy1:
What is the actual time? Immediately you met? Weeks, months after you met? Before you establish a relationship with him/her? When is the appropriate time that he/she will not get hurt nor walk away especially if they both met and love immediately?

You have to tell me as early as we start showing interest in each other.
Once you tell me, l will stay away from you like leprosy!
I am not going to be saddled with someone's leftover and responsibility.
If you want to have a child with someone, please be prepared to marry them.
Life is too complicated, to add another level of eternal complication to it.

Anyway, that is just me sha.

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by melaninpop: 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dainy1:
What is the actual time? Immediately you met? Weeks, months after you met? Before you establish a relationship with him/her? When is the appropriate time that he/she will not get hurt nor walk away especially if they both met and love immediately?

Immediately you meet please. If he's down for it ..fine. If he isn't, no wahala.
Save yourself the trauma of trying to figure out how to chip in such an important issue without destroying what you've both started.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Fuckalldmods(f): 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
BeautifulWoman:
DON'T TELL HIM until he proposes. No man is worth knowing about your personal life unless they are willing to spend their lives with you.

The best time to tell him is the day he pops the question(proposes). The moment he does, don't say yes yet but tearfully tell him you don't deserve him or a good man like him. He will be curious and ask why. That is when you tell him. At that point, he will be sober and trying his best to show you he loves you regardless.

Even if I am married to her before she told me, the relationship won't stand.
Had it been it is a man, it's understandable but a woman? No, because she gave birth to the baby, there is no way she won't know she has a child.

It is better to tell me at early stage(at that point I am beginning to take the relationship serious), so I can decide if I should keep her or not.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by osazsky(m): 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2020
The day he or she told u I love u..or ur first date..be plane and open if he or she accepts thank God if not life goes on dear
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Benwallt(m): 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2020
Why not tell before you start anything. God is seeing you

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by ck470: 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2020
When He begins to reason towards marriage then u let Him know so that if He cant cope with that He will move on and u too.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by bellenornor(f): 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dainy1:
You mean once you met her maybe in ShopRite, you go ahead to introduce yourself and immediately include you're a father or mother of one?

Your first real date; the day you sit out to know each other a little more. That will determine if the both of you can continue or not.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Badonasty(m): 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2020
I’ve actually dated someone with a kid and she told me during our very first conversation....she say no wan make we waste our time...if I’m cool with it I can continue with the toasting and if I’m not make I move

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Kelvin5214: 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2020
A child not mine in a present relationship, God forbid. No matter how sweet you package the telling, I am leaving you for someone else

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by YangaBabe: 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2020
The moment you meet, so he or she knows what they're getting into
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by bowei(m): 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2020
BeautifulWoman:

Ogbologbo somebody, trap him you mean
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by gnykelly(m): 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
BeautifulWoman:

that shit doesn't work anymore

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by SweetCunt97(f): 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
Immediately. If they stay, fine and if they don't, life goes on.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by emilfischer(m): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2020
Affordable UK used laptop Brand: Hp Series: probook 650 Processor: intel corei5 Processor Speed: 2.70ghz Hard drive: 320gb Ram size: 4gb Screen size: 15 inches Graphics: intel HD graphics Bluetooth: Available Webcam: Available Wireless: Available Dvd rom: Available Supported memory: SDXC, SDHC Ports: Usb ports, vga Operating system: Win10 Charger: Free Software installations: Free
Delivery in Lagos: Pay on delivery Nationwide pay on delivery

Price: 90k

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by CaptainFM1: 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2020
Before he/she falls in love.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by imoni1010: 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2020
If u like have a child and tell me, it doesn't mean, all that matter is the 3 point then we move ahead, abi na my pikin you born ?
Any time tell me suffer I don confirm the puna, as I dey sleep now, the baby just dey tell me so say she don drop one, am still on ahead, ahead
The road is still ahead.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by luscioustrish(f): 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dainy1:

I say it while introducing myself.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by cosmos2000(m): 11:27pm On Jun 17, 2020
dingbang:
If I were the guy you are seeing, I'd appreciate you tell me at the onset. Left for me to decide whether or not to continue
"

that is the best
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by beejay85: 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dainy1:
i diddnt read the writeup to tell u its immediately he showed interest...for ur own peace of mind
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Askme2020(m): 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2020
Hathor5:

As soon as you meet. I have seen a friend do it once when we were younger. She already had a child. We went out, two guys approached us in a bar and we started talking. She mentioned her son in the first 5 or 10 minutes of the conversation. Proudly. cool I was thinking to myself that this is how it is supposed to be. What is the point of hiding your child or withholding the information? To what end? For how long?
U get sense. More wisdom for u

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Askme2020(m): 11:34pm On Jun 17, 2020
Myway20:
At the very first date!
Correct... Anything after the first date is nonsense.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Askme2020(m): 11:37pm On Jun 17, 2020
BeautifulWoman:

This is scam... Using emotional blackmail

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Jpmacleo: 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
Mine is true life story. I am a man. I have a 2yr old boy before I mate my wife. We dated for 5 years before I told her that I have a boy. But then , I told her that there is something about me she will need to know. She was a virgin then. I allowed love to eat up her brain to an extent that nothing means anything to her.
The day I told her that I have a 7 years old son , she couldn't wait to assume being called my son's mother. I apologized that for the delay . That I was scared of loosing her. Kpakam we are married for over 8years now. And my son is 23yrs and a final year student

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by ogweye: 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2020
From the onset, so you can both make ur decision on time to avoid heartbreak
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by Danaire(m): 11:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
From the start of the New relationship. Leave him/her the Choice to Decide whether To continue or Not to continue.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? by qtx(m): 11:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dainy1:

It depends on what you want from her, if its marriage then, hey immediately you become friends let her know, bc marriage no be boyfriend/girlfriend things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Happens To The Engagement Ring? / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant / South African Family Recreates Their Photo Taken In 1992, After 25 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.