Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! (2826 Views)

Trump's Fan Who Wants To Run Away From The US Trailed By Hilarious Reactions / The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running / Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
Good day to nairalanders.

This post is all about what bothers me.

Travelling out of the country has always been a norm but recently the quest has increased geometrically.

At some point I thought to myself, what if we empty Nigeria and share the citizens to European, Asian and American
Countries? Would that quench the thirst?

Most people wish to travel out of Nigeria mainly for the purpose of show off, to snap pictures and make believe life.

I am not here to argue about living abroad and living in Nigeria which is better, but let me state that with the recent increment in xenophobic attach and racism, it is time to take back our country, time to take back our future.

When a Nigerian youth hears "take back the country" all what he thinks is politics, but truth is, there are so many ways to take it back, just so you know, atiku and tinubu will be contesting for 2023 as major presidential candidates.

Now the fair question, do you really think atiku or tinubu can do anything to help Nigeria?
The answer is NO!

Wait, Do you know that the federal government of Nigeria financial capacity is 40 percent while individuals, companies and stakeholders hold the remaining 60 percent.

Or how do you explain the constant borrowing from the federal Government and individuals and companies donating to them?

This means that Nigeria is not in control of it's economy.

So talking about taking back Nigeria, we can take it back through technology, production, entertainment etc.

We all were here when nitel died and MTN took over.
We all were here when Uber and bolt companies came.
Opay, Gokada etc
Chinese expatriates
Shoprite

And so many other international companies, milking the economy of Nigeria to their countries.

Just so you know, the world economy will collapse once Elon musk finishes his space internet, his space central wireless network will see to a global internet that the whole world will subscribe to.

But tribalism will not allow us think, when you visit CAC websites, you see every jack hustling to register an unstructured business which is doom to fail.

No collaboration, we are so divided, both in and out, opening Instagram pages to display all kinds nonsense in the name of e commerce is appalling.

Do you know that e commerce has not really gained the ground it should in Nigeria, the lapses are left filled and more are running to open e commerce websites.

Take a look at china, they restricted YouTube

local social media apps are gaining ground cause of that and would make money and inturn boost their economy.

We can't even say where the Nigeria youth specialty is, not in tech, not in production, maybe in medicine.

It's sad how chinedu and femi will learn HTML and CSS and the next thing is a business name, when you call out for a website or mobile app, you get shitty jobs.

They start calling themselves 'WE"
How do you all even learn to code just to wait for jobs? If I ever learn to code, I won't take any job from anyone cause the ideas I have in my head will not give me time.

If I call a coder for collaboration now, he won't see the future, all he needs is a few bucks to show off with.

In conclusion, I believe the future of Nigeria is bleak, other countries are getting ready for the doom days but since our government lack foresight, can't we youths take it on ourselves to take back our future either through technology, entertainment, production etc

Convince that your Yahoo friend to invest in an idea, team up with who ever shares similar notion or ideas with you, together let's take back our future in a way we can, i know you all my brothers are hustlers, but for how long must we all continue to run to Western countries to hustle?

There is more to write but let me not bore you all,
Your contributions are welcome.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hypnotise: 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Most people desires to travel out because of the poverty level of the country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Op you can develop it na. We would all support you from afar with twitter and Facebook.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
Please continue, let's hear ur opinion
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Nbote(m): 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
Waka there

4 Likes

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by piyoo91: 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
Op, am from the north, i will tell u the truth, youths can't take back this country. There no level of enlightenment u can give those unlearned ones among we in the north to make them think like you...the only solution is breakup and you and i knws that the learned youths in this country too dey fear..nobody one die, so we all remain in this bondage

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
piyoo91:
Op, am from the north, i will tell u the truth, youths can't take back this country. There no level of enlightenment u can give those unlearned ones among we in the north to make them think like you...the only solution is breakup and you and i knws that the learned youths in this country too dey fear..nobody one die, so we all remain in this bondage

Write-up is updated though.

Until breakup, should we continue like this? And taking it back doesn't have to be political.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
ralphyoung123:
Please continue, let's hear ur opinion

Updated
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by piyoo91: 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hightser:

Write-up is updated though.

Until breakup, should we continue like this? And taking it back doesn't have to be political.
bros, the truth still stands that except the restructure or spilting of the country...until then nothing can be done. Dnt be decieve, the country is beyond redemmable and forget that lies your clergy men do tell u to pray for nigeria...the country is dead

8 Likes

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hightser:

Updated
Thanks for the notification, we are all to unmotivated and frivolous to fix this country, because we feel others won't follow suit, and it is just pouring water on stone. Segregation is the best solution, every region will know how to checkmate it's corrupt individuals.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by hammed71(m): 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nice thread.op don't worry we will develop it but make I first get my Australian and us passport first. I go dey support you with prayers, I promise no matter where I dey I go always dey pray for you and Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
hammed71:
Nice thread.op don't worry we will develop it but make I first get my Australian and us passport first. I go dey support you with hugging, I promise no matter where I dey I go always dey pray for you and Nigeria.
Lol you going no where bro we're in this together grin
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by hammed71(m): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Lol you going no where bro we're in this together grin
you and who??,together for where, you wey be say if dem give you Netherlands visa you no go wait till tomorrow morning before you comot.

3 Likes

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Gerrard59(m): 9:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Yawns.....
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
hammed71:
you and who??,together for where, you wey be say if dem give you Netherlands visa you no go wait till tomorrow morning before you comot.
I already know you that's why I quote you grin
This Nigeria don tire everyone walai
Na money dey hold most of us down
What that Op is saying is out of it
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by joyblinks(f): 9:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
@OP.

U sound so funny.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
joyblinks:
@OP.

U sound so funny.
you think? You really do not know how many people have the opportunity to leave Nigeria but prefer to just travel And come back, only those who feel abroad is heaven is bent on leaving.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
hammed71:
Nice thread.op don't worry we will develop it but make I first get my Australian and us passport first. I go dey support you with prayers, I promise no matter where I dey I go always dey pray for you and Nigeria.
just don't look for who to complain about racism and the rest, BTW I will always see you when I visit.

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by stacyadams: 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
piyoo91:
bros, the truth still stands that except the restructure or spilting of the country...until then nothing can be done. Dnt be decieve, the country is beyond redemmable and forget that lies your clergy men do tell u to pray for nigeria...the country is dead
grin grin grin

Na the truth be that ...no amount of prayer will redeem dis country/

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 10:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

I already know you that's why I quote you grin
This Nigeria don tire everyone walai
Na money dey hold most of us down
What that Op is saying is out of it

Lol, you want to make money from Nigeria to leave Nigeria, funny, wish you luck
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by feelgoodstuffs(m): 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Maybe only 10% of Nigerians will buy your idea, I understand your point bro, it is easily said than done. but in an atmosphere like Nigeria I don't think it is possible.

2 Likes

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hightser:

Lol, you want to make money from Nigeria to leave Nigeria, funny, wish you luck
Hope still dey Òmóyàmi ma fur✌️ cool
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
See how op just destroyed Nigerian youths in tech. The same Nigerian youths are building paystack, piggybank, cowrywise alongside other tech startups. Aside South Africa, Nigeria has the most budding ICT space in Africa. It's still growing though.

You mentioned people learning html and CSS and then just getting a business card. Honestly html and CSS can't really do anything. With that knowledge and maybe some WordPress you would be begging for 5k to 10k website jobs on nairaland. It gets more advanced that that especially if you want to be a web developer. You have to learn JavaScript which is the main programming language of the internet, it's frameworks and then if you want to go backend you have to learn new languages for that. Trust me it never ends. In addition to this languages, you need to learn data structures and algorithms which is basically using mathematics to solve programming problems.

Entrepreneurship for programmers is not as easy as you think. You talked about partnering with a programmer and how hard it is. Programmers are human beings and have bills to be paid. It's very difficult to build a tech startup. Aside building the initial product, have you thought about marketing. Most programmers already know these things that's why they would never side with you. If it's a must to build a tech startup, you can learn to code and do it yourself. In the west, startups have seed funding, pre seed funding, series A and all of that to aid them. Goodluck getting a seed funding of 50000 dollars to build an MVP as a young man from bariga.

Nigeria is destroyed. There's no suger coating it and the most scary thing is that we aren't even at our worst. The next 10 to 15 years will be very bloody for Nigerians living in Nigeria. It's why most woke people are doing everything they can to leave now.

Op I know you are still in your 20s probably still in the university or just graduated. I give you a few more years and your tone will change.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by aBrokeRichDude: 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mehnnn

Op i must commend u for ur nice write up.....Now let me contribute to the "What's wrong with Naija that makes every youth want to leave"

To be honest there is no government support policy for the youth...U see does companies u mentioned , their various govtment re ready to back dem up no matter what , bcus they know the success of these companies brings more development to the country....Buh u see this country ehnn ....If u dont have enough capital to boost ur company forget any govtment support, which means any foreign company which as more financial power can shut u off in this country....Chinese banned FB and whatsapp just to support services like QQ and Wechat...Buh here in Naija notin like dat...Now how do u expect upcoming developers to succeed in a country where they are not backed by the govtment....

Note, Every successful biz requires finance .... Lots of it... U either generates or get a loan.... Which is also very difficult... While those opportuned to have these finance re painted black for fraud and they travel abroad instead.... pls don't qoute me about fraud bcus no country in the world is free of it....The problem with our darling country is the main stream media helps to promote these news to the outside world .... While the chinese continue to do illegal minning here....US is well know for all kind of drugs, buh u dont see dem talking about it, India is well known for fraud u dont see dem talking about it....

These all boils down to the govt not supporting the youth...How can d youth take back a country that as it's root on politics ...Except u grew up abroad or u re frm a wealthy home ... Bro forget it shey na 50k job u wan take start life ...

Me get dreams ooo ... I even go schl finish HND ... Buh how i wan take acheive my dream wen man nr fit see 90k job to even take start life cry....My bro works in Germany .. Receive 14Euro per hours....112Euro for 8 hours every day .... Calculate for a month, his job is to package goods to b delivered for an online retail shop.... undecided Hw much banker dey recieve

Nor mind my long boring write up oo...I Jst wan let u knw say this country nr b for the ordinary youth...I go prefer face rasicm der dan povertism here grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 12:34am On Jun 15, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
See how op just destroyed Nigerian youths in tech. The same Nigerian youths are building paystack, piggybank, cowrywise alongside other tech startups. Aside South Africa, Nigeria has the most budding ICT space in Africa. It's still growing though.
for Nigerians living in Nigeria. It'sthey can to leave now.

Op I know you are still in your 20s probably still in the university or just graduated. I give you a few more years and your tone will change.

Exactly what I'm trying to point out, the owners of paystack partnered, imagine if they had same ideology as yours? Thinking about marketing and a whole lot of others, the idea of paystack won't be invoke right now.

A good business person knows how to structure and curate a business, for a time now, I have never really seen an advert of paystack anywhere and it has dominated this much.

There is what we call organic growth for every business and that has to go with a business that is unique and a business that's structured so well.

Having bills to pay as developers, where has it gotten them, you will always have bills wether you do the job or not, the problem is lack of foresight and patience.

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Hightser: 12:46am On Jun 15, 2020
aBrokeRichDude:
Mehnnn

Nor mind my long boring write up oo...I Jst wan let u knw say this country nr b for the ordinary youth...I go prefer face rasicm der dan povertism here grin

Just like I said earlier sir, I won't like to argue on who lives a better life between someone abroad and in Nigeria, but the truth is, the calculation you gave Bout your brother is what's motivating you to relocate, it's a different discuss entirely as most people prefer salary jobs, but take a second and imagine if we have same exchange rate, would you be excited about his pay?

A little story about my enterprenuerial experience, I contacted a tech company to design an app for me, I already know how I wanted the app to look, like the UI/ux, so I sent the sketched designs to a graphic designer I work with and he got the ux design for about 20k, I sent the UI to this tech company and they were amazed, told me the design was good and all.

I took time talking with the person assigned to me, he later asked me for the working principle of the app and I explained to him, he loved it too, then gave me a bill of 2.4m to design the app.

He went further to tell me the design I sent was supposed to be 25 percent of the total fee but since I already have the design that's why the fee is even 2.4m.

So I took my little time to calculate the fee, from the way he analysed it, 25 percent was supposed to cost me 600k for the UI. 600k for something I designed for less than 20k?

I was shocked, I got an influencer from NL who didn't even bother to ask me for the working principle of the app, he just saw the UI and told me 300k, I later went to his profile to see him advertising for anyone that can integrate paystack e wallet.

You see the discrepancies I'm trying to point out, just look at India for example, can you compare Nigeria to them in terms of tech?

If there is no agency for funding tech startup, don't you believe you can do it? Maybe the evolution will start from you? But no, you want to run away, even if you end up making money tomorrow, the next Is to buy a car, live a flamboyant lifestyle and complain that the country is messed up and the cycle continues.

Let's keep running to the West to go wear coat under devastating temperature, most of them outside still turn back to Nigeria for work, either they create YouTube channel- Nigeria audience, instagram- Nigeria audience, most are even moderators on NL.
We might wake up when it's night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by kolnel: 1:11am On Jun 15, 2020
Only a lame man doesn’t run away from trouble

The youths should flee from that country as much as they can to where opportunities abound

I have seen tremendous changes in people lives just within two years of living in the United States

I am a living witness

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Lexusgs430: 2:21am On Jun 15, 2020
The question is, what has Nigeria got to offer the majority?

Nothing but misery, poverty, zero health policies etc etc etc

Do you blame them for porting? Even Nigeria is tired of Nigeria...... wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am In Ghana, How Can I Take The Nclex Exams And What Are The Requirements / Relocating To Dallas Texas / Administrative Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.