Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,158 members, 7,845,816 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! (2842 Views)

Trump's Fan Who Wants To Run Away From The US Trailed By Hilarious Reactions / The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running / Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by uthlaw: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hightser:

You have failed yourself and your family. But it's not late yet, your greed to use 100 naira to win millions is whats limiting your progress.
2odds with #2500 everyday,4odds with #5000 weekend...bros is better than most salary works,you Bleep up as you say I failed my family,if you get sense u no go reason like that because I no steal for ur fada house!

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by uthlaw: 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Oga, goes amadioha believe in the truth....... cheesy
even amadioha is tired of motherless country called Nigeria!
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Saintly01(m): 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by walkwithgod(m): 11:58am On Jun 16, 2020
aBrokeRichDude:
Mehnnn

Op i must commend u for ur nice write up.....Now let me contribute to the "What's wrong with Naija that makes every youth want to leave"

To be honest there is no government support policy for the youth...U see does companies u mentioned , their various govtment re ready to back dem up no matter what , bcus they know the success of these companies brings more development to the country....Buh u see this country ehnn ....If u dont have enough capital to boost ur company forget any govtment support, which means any foreign company which as more financial power can shut u off in this country....Chinese banned FB and whatsapp just to support services like QQ and Wechat...Buh here in Naija notin like dat...Now how do u expect upcoming developers to succeed in a country where they are not backed by the govtment....

Note, Every successful biz requires finance .... Lots of it... U either generates or get a loan.... Which is also very difficult... While those opportuned to have these finance re painted black for fraud and they travel abroad instead.... pls don't qoute me about fraud bcus no country in the world is free of it....The problem with our darling country is the main stream media helps to promote these news to the outside world .... While the chinese continue to do illegal minning here....US is well know for all kind of drugs, buh u dont see dem talking about it, India is well known for fraud u dont see dem talking about it....

These all boils down to the govt not supporting the youth...How can d youth take back a country that as it's root on politics ...Except u grew up abroad or u re frm a wealthy home ... Bro forget it shey na 50k job u wan take start life ...

Me get dreams ooo ... I even go schl finish HND ... Buh how i wan take acheive my dream wen man nr fit see 90k job to even take start life cry....My bro works in Germany .. Receive 14Euro per hours....112Euro for 8 hours every day .... Calculate for a month, his job is to package goods to b delivered for an online retail shop.... undecided Hw much banker dey recieve

Nor mind my long boring write up oo...I Jst wan let u knw say this country nr b for the ordinary youth...I go prefer face rasicm der dan povertism here grin

You are valid bro. If I see Keke wey go drop me for Germany, I no mind. Naija just tire me like this. To see job na problem, to get babe na problem (billing), to chop good food na still problem.

God knows I hate Nigerians above 40 with a very strong passion. These guys came in enjoyed the best Nigeria had to offer and then practically wrecked and destroyed everything and left nothing for the young generation.

They had full meals in the university, full chicken and milk. Posh jobs once they graduated. Our generation Chale E no easy. We are way poorer than our predecessors. Graduated into a recession and when you think things couldn't get bad coronavirus came.

Let them stay and build the Nigeria they destroyed. As for me and my HUSTLING brothers, we will miss Nigeria from abroad cause the truth remains that the system is designed to keep us in generational poverty.

SHEY SUFFER NO DEY TIRE YOU ?

3 Likes

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by dasparrow: 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
walkwithgod:

You are valid bro. If I see Keke wey go drop me for Germany, I no mind. Naija just tire me like this. To see job na problem, to get babe na problem (billing), to chop good food na still problem.

God knows I hate Nigerians above 40 with a very strong passion. These guys came in enjoyed the best Nigeria had to offer and then practically wrecked and destroyed everything and left nothing for the young generation.

They had full meals in the university, full chicken and milk. Posh jobs once they graduated. Our generation Chale E no easy. We are way poorer than our predecessors. Graduated into a recession and when you think things couldn't get bad coronavirus came.

Let them stay and build the Nigeria they destroyed. As for me and my HUSTLING brothers, we will miss Nigeria from abroad cause the truth remains that the system is designed to keep us in generational poverty.

SHEY SUFFER NO DEY TIRE YOU ?

The generation that enjoyed Nigeria are those born in the 40s, 50s, 60s and some born in the early 70s. Those born AFTER the early 70s did not enjoy anything because Nigeria was being led by your current president and then Ibrahim Babangida who introduced structural adjustment program (SAP) that caused hardship for many Nigerians, and then came the tyrant Abacha.

Those who were already adults in the early 80s or before that are the ones you should be mad at. By the way, that includes your parents who chose to start a family while choosing not to lay a foundation for you and any siblings you might have that would have enabled you all succeed in life a little easier.
Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by dasparrow: 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
Petyprincess:
Nice write-up,

I believe most Nigerians usually blame the government for their failure. You will see them writing epistle of their life like "I'm 35 years old nd i haven't gotten a job, I can't even boast of 50k in my account,nigerian has failed me" honestly i laugh my ass out grin

The truth is no one wants to face reality or blame themselves rather blame the system nd always try to justify by comparing Nigeria to Western countries grin Infact Nigerians in diaspora thinks by hearing the word western country you will start falling for them that's how home-based Nigerians had made impression everyone here wants to leave because they are miserable here.

The truth is most abroad based will never tell you is their struggles, there is my highschool friend that traveled to Dubai nd if you see hw Nigerians are behaving on her comment section on facebook i was so embarrassed,most people will think since she traveled to Dubai she must be living her best life bt reality is she is working as a Maid nd she tells me how people be asking her money thinking she is living her best life,the racism she experience nd admitted Dubai is only meant for vacation.

If you see fine boy nd fine girls working in factory in Canada you will be surprised while sharing a room with roommates bt none of them will never tell you their struggles except if they are extremely honest.

That been said, we have Nigerians living large in foreign countries with legitimate high paying jobs but they are minority.

Above all if you feel Nigeria is not for you try your best to switch to medical school,dnt spend millions on one irrelevant course except you wants to end up working in factory!

Let me correct some false notions here. The Nigerians who migrate to foreign countries on a tourist visa will struggle. Reason being, a tourist visa does not permit you to work. Nigerians like your friend who migrate to Saudi Arabia have themselves to blame. The Middle East is not an ideal region to migrate to for any reason except you just want to visit as a tourist.

Middle Eastern nations don't give you the option as a foreigner of becoming a permanent resident or citizen of their country so why would any intelligent African waste their time going there?

Middle Easterners only give good jobs to white people from first world countries. If you are an African and from a 3rd world country, you will be doing crappy jobs.

We are living in an internet age but Nigerians will never utilize the internet to research more information on the country they are intending on migrating to. They will rather use their internet data browsing Nairaland, Twitter and Facebook cursing each other out and arguing foolishly about their tribes while the world passes them by.

Nigerians who go abroad and don't have a work permit, permanent residency or citizenship of the country they have chosen to migrate to will suffer. Make no mistake about it. Nigerians who go abroad financially unprepared will suffer as well. Nigerians who travel abroad without a concrete plan of what they want to do there will suffer.

Nigerians working in some factories in Canada don't have their papers but at least they found something doing. What about all the Nigerians in Nigeria that can't even find a job and are living in abject poverty? Are they any better?

I was born in the Western world but I have lived in Nigeria and now live overseas. I will choose overseas over Nigeria anytime. And yes, to the Glory of God, I am comfortable. I don't have to worry that my employer will keep owing me salary for months on end. I don't have to worry about coming home and all my perishable food items in the fridge are spoilt due to eratic power supply. I don't have to worry about getting kidnapped. I don't have to worry about bribing any government officials just to get them to do their job.

I live in a country where there is universal healthcare so I receive free medical care and prescription drugs are free too. I don't have to suffer from malaria or thyphoid fever. Abeg, leave story. To live a decent life in Nigeria, one has to be wealthy. Not so in most developed nations.

2 Likes

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
dasparrow:

Let me correct some false notions here. The Nigerians who migrate to foreign countries on a tourist visa will struggle. Reason being, a tourist visa does not permit you to work. Nigerians like your friend who migrate to Saudi Arabia have themselves to blame. The Middle East is not an ideal region to migrate to for any reason except you just want to visit as a tourist.

Middle Eastern nations don't give you the option as a foreigner of becoming a permanent resident or citizen of their country so why would any intelligent African waste their time going there?

Middle Easterners only give good jobs to white people from first world countries. If you are an African and from a 3rd world country, you will be doing crappy jobs.

We are living in an internet age but Nigerians will never utilize the internet to research more information on the country they are intending on migrating to. They will rather use their internet data browsing Nairaland, Twitter and Facebook cursing each other out and arguing foolishly about their tribes while the world passes them by.

Nigerians who go abroad and don't have a work permit, permanent residency or citizenship of the country they have chosen to migrate to will suffer. Make no mistake about it. Nigerians who go abroad financially unprepared will suffer as well. Nigerians who travel abroad without a concrete plan of what they want to do there will suffer.

Nigerians working in some factories in Canada don't have their papers but at least they found something doing. What about all the Nigerians in Nigeria that can't even find a job and are living in abject poverty? Are they any better?

I was born in the Western world but I have lived in Nigeria and now live overseas. I will choose overseas over Nigeria anytime. And yes, to the Glory of God, I am comfortable. I don't have to worry that my employer will keep owing me salary for months on end. I don't have to worry about coming home and all my perishable food items in the fridge are spoilt due to eratic power supply. I don't have to worry about getting kidnapped. I don't have to worry about bribing any government officials just to get them to do their job.

I live in a country where there is universal healthcare so I receive free medical care and prescription drugs are free too. I don't have to suffer from malaria or thyphoid fever. Abeg, leave story. To live a decent life in Nigeria, one has to be wealthy. Not so in most developed nations.
Even wealthy people don't live decent lives. Your money won't save you from a heart attack or one sickness that requires immediate and urgent medical care.

The Canada express entry has a lot of high earning Nigerian professionals using it as a means to leave the zoo. These are people who earn above 12 million a year. When you get to have money, you get to see that life is more than just money and Nigeria is getting worse see what is happening in the North. If nothing serious is done, such banditry and lawlessness will spread all over the country. It will become a warzone of crime, poverty and serious hopelessness. Nigeria of today is paradise compared to Nigeria of the future.

You can get a good job in the middle east as a Nigeria if you are highly skilled though. I don't think it should be held on to for long rather it should be used as a means or platform to get to a much better place.

The problem most people have is being unskilled and not having the right papers. Combination of those two in the west will lead to suffering.

1 Like

Re: Youths, Stop Running Away From Nigeria! by Gerrard59(m): 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
dasparrow:

So you finally relocated from the US? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where To Get A Bus Going To Ijebu Ode From Abuja / Poverty In Germany: Trying To Make Ends Meet / How To Get Tourist Visa To Panama

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.