Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,053 members, 7,852,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead (42188 Views)

Henrietta Alokha Is Dead! The Principal Of Bethlehem Girls College Dies In Lagos / Samuel Oladipo Suspended By UNILAG For “Sex For Admission” Scandal / Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by dayleke: 1:36am On Jun 16, 2020
RIP sir.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by sagio09: 3:43am On Jun 16, 2020
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE

LOAN (NON - INTEREST) : If u need loan of any amount, contact me( loan for house, Car, business, import and export or services)
- weGIVE

INVEST : If u want to invest your money with us and be paid a monthly return and collect ur complete money whenever you need it, contact me.
- weINVEST

- REFERRALS: If u refer us for business (loan or Investment), we reward you handsomely.
-weGIFT

- COURTESY : TAJBANK
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Greenvaiper: 4:20am On Jun 16, 2020
decatalyst:

Shut your dirty mouth, you ignoramus!

Yes, remain poor and continue to blame others for your failures and misery. That's what people that epitomize failure do!

Just imagine the accomplishment this man was able to garner, the impact he had in medicine and the lives that were saved through his research works, yet a nonentity like you have the effrontery to spew thrash you wrote up there. I was equally impressed when I read about the father of Chimmanda, and the early days of Okonjo Ideals. I could only appreciate and hope I am able to give my kids the best out there.

Greatness and success is a product of our mindset, thoughts and hard work. Obviously you have bitterness in your heart. Your case is pathetic to say the least!

If your parents, family, government, guardian, society or friends fail you, don't fail yourself and your children!

Well, it is so sad that @seun created a platform for sane intellectually developed individuals to congregate, share views, proffer solution, help and generally support the gregarious nature of men. However, cheap or free mobile data dole out by mobile operators has contributed to spike in the number of docile and senile riffraff like you on the internet.

Do you have an idea of what it takes to really earn a B.Sc. not to talk of being an Emeritus Professor of medicine?

Truly, a prophet is not valued at his home.

PS: I would rather lick my own butt than lick that of a senile being like you!

Well said, were it not for seun, I won't be congregating with intellectually daft riff raffs like d one you quoted that dominate this forum. I think seun osewa should start thinking of introducing a premium account for Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Nobody: 4:53am On Jun 16, 2020
Artiiclebeast:
A life well-lived.

It beats my imagination and comprehension that a vegetabled lifeless one would rule a country that parades intellectuals like these.

God, abeg forgive us our tresspasses and deliver is from these enemies of state.

Rest on Prof.

Yes, school cert holders rule us, because most of us educated people leave our villages, head to the city, get a job, and are completely disconnected from the lives of the ordinary people.

Some time ago, I read about a guy from a village who was complaining that after graduating, he had no job...meanwhile, his agemate, who finished primary 6, was a councillor.

The truth is, his primary 6 agemate stayed at home, became a local leader, and as a result, when politics came calling, nautrally the people of the village voted for the leader they saw, not the one that was in some far off country....studying.

The problem I have with online discussion sites is that we sit down and build castles in the sky all day long. But we won't go to our home towns, or even at least join a poltical party, start from the bottom, and build our way to the top. We even call poltics a dirty game....and refuse to even take part. Meanhwile, the 'certificateless and lifeless ones' go and do the hardwork, and build connections, grow their followership, and work hard....and build up their party.

While we sit down in our air-conditoned offices, quaff beer at night, and hold 'learned discussions' about 'the situation in Nigeria'

Instead of complaining about lifeless politicians, go and join a party, fail at an election a few times, build your base, and maybe in due time, you will have the power you need to make a change. No body will dash you power.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by chloride6: 4:55am On Jun 16, 2020
RIP sir.

Not many people know his son is the current of MD of FBNQuest MB.

Great Legacy

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 16, 2020
ModestGal:
Well, these men never had influence on the common Nigerian. I'm sure he was able to have all that because of the way Nigeria was, but they all destroyed it for us.

He actually did have a lot of influence on Nigeria, for good. He was responsible for training many doctors and other medical cadre who in turn train other doctors and so on. He also contributed a lot to research, and helped standardise medical education in Nigeria.

Look at his profile and you would wonder if he wasn't born of a woman, yes he was, and he might even be from a poor family, there are many professors like that in UI

A time will come in this country, that we would do thesame thing the black Americans are doing for some statues in the US for some of our elders

A poor person would not be able to achieve what this man achieved in this age, not because he won't be brilliant but because he won't even have access to a good primary education

Actually, access to education in his time was even a lot harder. There was no free education when he was growing up. Kids of those days had to either work hard for scholarships, or have a relative who was able to pay the fees (sometimes out of meagre salaries...colonial workers did not get paid well mind you..especially if they were black).

Free educaiton became a thing in the 1960's and 70's. In fact, since the 1970's, educaiton in Nigeria has been heavily subsidised. That's why many poor people can go to school, because if it wasn't, unversity fees would be N5million per annum and above at universites like UI, OAU, etc

It is also why many of our universites, and colleges of education and schools are poorly funded. See, in the 1960's-80's , the 'old generation' built a lot of schools, universites, and so on. The problem was, many of these schools and universites were offered to students at really subsidsed rates, which meant that funds for their upkeep have been very hard to come by.

I do not like the old generation and have no respect for them because the destroyed the lifes of our generation. The old generation did not try at all

To some extent, that's true, and to some extent it isn't. In a way, today's generation too are partly responsible. How is another discussion, but it pains me for example, that many Nigerians don't realize that democracy is not just about voting, and going home. It is also about putting pressure , and not just by writing about it.

Also, there are a lot of good economic priactices we can follow, but refuse to, which would boost our economy, because 'we are poor'. Removing fuel subsides would have long since led to our petrol sector providing jobs galore, and really growing big. But because we 'are poor', we throw billions down the subsidy machine annually.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by ModestGal(f): 6:23am On Jun 16, 2020
decatalyst:

Well, it is so sad that @seun created a platform for sane intellectually developed individuals to congregate, share views, proffer solution, help and generally support the gregarious nature of men. However, cheap or free mobile data dole out by mobile operators has contributed to spike in the number of docile and senile riffraff like you on the internet.

Do you have an idea of what it takes to really earn a B.Sc. not to talk of being an Emeritus professor of medicine?

Truly, a prophet is not valued at his home.
That's why Nigeria is the best in health now. Well, I refused to join the association of asslickers, I work with facts. Check the record, Nigeria is doing extremely low in areas of Health. If you like keep worshiping people that never contributed to the growth of Nigeria, I have said mine. Go use some pills if it gives you headache

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by ModestGal(f): 6:25am On Jun 16, 2020
Greenvaiper:

Well said, were it not for seun, I won't be congregating with intellectually daft riff raffs like d one you quoted that dominate this forum. I think seun osewa should start thinking of introducing a premium account for Nairaland.
See this one, if not for Seun? Did he force you to register on his platform? Seun is a man like you that created this platform, you can go create yours busy body, and stop talking thrash

1 Like

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Cali4by4: 7:47am On Jun 16, 2020
RIP
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by majamajic(m): 7:49am On Jun 16, 2020
Rest on Prof
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by martineverest(m): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2020
just take a look at his robust CV .....such intelligent people are extremely hard to find in Nigeria

RIP
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Hezmatosky: 7:51am On Jun 16, 2020
RIP prof. Your manhood lives forever
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Dolly99(f): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2020
RIP sir.
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by AmazingELixir: 7:52am On Jun 16, 2020
cool

Mehn this professor was intricately woven into the academia itself...

Oh Lord please accept this one's soul I nominate him for heaven he has served mankind and humanity meritoriously.
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by wink2015(m): 7:52am On Jun 16, 2020
rip
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Notateflonguy(m): 7:52am On Jun 16, 2020
Rest on sir. You will always be remembered
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 16, 2020
bukkysam:
Repent today tomorrow is not sure for you

Fire can not burn Soul as a spirit archetype. Fire has no such capacitance.

Hell is a mental construct.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Confirmedzombie: 7:54am On Jun 16, 2020
Yorubas are too educated.

Not the online afonjas

Rest in peace sir
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Zetty177x: 7:56am On Jun 16, 2020
He lived well..this generation isn't even guaranteed a lifespan of 70 years. With the way our old leaders have destroyed the future of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Godisgreatest1: 7:57am On Jun 16, 2020
ModestGal:
Well, these men never had influence on the common Nigerian. I'm sure he was able to have all that because of the way Nigeria was, but they all destroyed it for us.

Look at his profile and you would wonder if he wasn't born of a woman, yes he was, and he might even be from a poor family, there are many professors like that in UI

A time will come in this country, that we would do thesame thing the black Americans are doing for some statues in the US for some of our elders

A poor person would not be able to achieve what this man achieved in this age, not because he won't be brilliant but because he won't even have access to a good primary education

I do not like the old generation and have no respect for them because the destroyed the lifes of our generation. The old generation did not try at all

The old generation passed through and shut the door. These same people ruined the country. Celebrate them at your own ignorance.
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by afecgivers: 8:01am On Jun 16, 2020
ModestGal:

Please can you tell me what your generation is doing right? The pikin wey say em papa poor na the mouth e dey so. Oga no excuse for failure.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by ofiko123(m): 8:02am On Jun 16, 2020
RIP Oladipo Akinkugbe..
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by ahiboilandgas: 8:06am On Jun 16, 2020
Artiiclebeast:
A life well-lived.

It beats my imagination and comprehension that a vegetabled lifeless one would rule a country that parades intellectuals like these.

God, abeg forgive us our tresspasses and deliver is from these enemies of state.

Rest on Prof.
muric iwu , prof jega are all intellectuals announcing the result ....how come they dont participate in the process...
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Godisgreatest1: 8:09am On Jun 16, 2020
kikero:

He actually did have a lot of influence on Nigeria, for good. He was responsible for training many doctors and other medical cadre who in turn train other doctors and so on. He also contributed a lot to research, and helped standardise medical education in Nigeria.

Where are they?, it's like you are in a different country. Just be thankful you haven't had a health emergency in this country.

Actually, access to education in his time was even a lot harder
. There was no free education when he was growing up. Kids of those days had to either work hard for scholarships, or have a relative who was able to pay the fees (sometimes out of meagre salaries...colonial workers did not get paid well mind you..especially if they were black).
Not true at all!..please skip that, do your findings I will wait patiently.

Free educaiton became a thing in the 1960's and 70's. In fact, since the 1970's, educaiton in Nigeria has been heavily subsidised. That's why many poor people can go to school, because if it wasn't, unversity fees would be N5million per annum and above at universites like UI, OAU, etc

It is also why many of our universites, and colleges of education and schools are poorly funded. See, in the 1960's-80's , the 'old generation' built a lot of schools, universites, and so on. The problem was, many of these schools and universites were offered to students at really subsidsed rates, which meant that funds for their upkeep have been very hard to come by.

To some extent, that's true, and to some extent it isn't. In a way, today's generation too are partly responsible. How is another discussion, but it pains me for example, that many Nigerians don't realize that democracy is not just about voting, and going home. It is also about putting pressure , and not just by writing about it.

If only NMA will put pressure on democracy the same way they put it in their pockets.

Also, there are a lot of good economic priactices we can follow, but refuse to, which would boost our economy, because 'we are poor'. Removing fuel subsides would have long since led to our petrol sector providing jobs galore, and really growing big. But because we 'are poor', we throw billions down the subsidy machine annually.
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Goke7: 8:09am On Jun 16, 2020
ModestGal:

entitlement mentality, too bad mhen. No one is responsible for misfortune but you!

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Hypocrit: 8:13am On Jun 16, 2020
Death is the balance. Sleep well daddy.
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Goke7: 8:14am On Jun 16, 2020
kikero:

Yes, school cert holders rule us, because most of us educated people leave our villages, head to the city, get a job, and are completely disconnected from the lives of the ordinary people.

Some time ago, I read about a guy from a village who was complaining that after graduating, he had no job...meanwhile, his agemate, who finished primary 6, was a councillor.

The truth is, his primary 6 agemate stayed at home, became a local leader, and as a result, when politics came calling, nautrally the people of the village voted for the leader they saw, not the one that was in some far off country....studying.

The problem I have with online discussion sites is that we sit down and build castles in the sky all day long. But we won't go to our home towns, or even at least join a poltical party, start from the bottom, and build our way to the top. We even call poltics a dirty game....and refuse to even take part. Meanhwile, the 'certificateless and lifeless ones' go and do the hardwork, and build connections, grow their followership, and work hard....and build up their party.

While we sit down in our air-conditoned offices, quaff beer at night, and hold 'learned discussions' about 'the situation in Nigeria'

Instead of complaining about lifeless politicians, go and join a party, fail at an election a few times, build your base, and maybe in due time, you will have the power you need to make a change. No body will dash you power.

One of the best posts I have ever read on nairaland. Pls do this often or regularly to reduce the influence of blockheads' comments we see here everyday.

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 16, 2020
bukkysam:
Repent today tomorrow is not sure for you

Yes! If only they knew that Christ wasn't even a christian.

Keep deceiving yourself and others.
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Clothingonline9(m): 8:19am On Jun 16, 2020
Emeritus in medicine I salute sir
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Intrepid01(m): 8:19am On Jun 16, 2020
ModestGal:

Lol, see this asslicker. Anyway, I don't blame you, you are wired and raised to be an asslicker and an uncouth human. Abeg, I no get time for u, look elsewhere to type the Grammer you memorized on Nairaland. You are too shallow for me, bye

As much as I got the overall import of your message, I think your expression was wrong and disrespectful to the man.

You see I also resent the old generation for not doing enough and allowing Nigeria to degenerate to this current state.

pls listen to @decatalyst

1 Like

Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Liposure: 8:20am On Jun 16, 2020
mcjokee:
How time flies, just like yesterday we organized a personality lecture in his honor. Rest on professor of professors and a great Mellanbite.
see my neighbour
Re: Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead by Notatribalist(m): 8:23am On Jun 16, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IMSU Student Flogged By Lecturer Faints (Photos) / Students Give FG Two Weeks To Announce Schools Resumption Date / Viral Question Unibadan Lecturer Asked His Students During Examinations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.