Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. (898 Views)

Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
For a second, humour me and imagine.

What if you didn't think your God had the power to heal, give riches, after life/give immortality, protect etc etc what if it was never written in your religious books you read since you were a kid that he could give you all that.

What if you weren't afraid that without your God your life would suddenly become a train wreck and nothing would ever work out for you. That everything you thought you could achieve with your God you could achieve anyway without him/her.

What if you didn't feel like you were betraying the trust of your god/ father, and he was cool with you not believing in him and he wasn't going on to harm you in anyway, would you still love him/her as much as much as you do now? Be truthful to yourself. If you wouldn't even just a little bit, then is that really love or you just being afraid of the consequences of not loving

If you still would though, then what would your relationship be like with your God? What would you talk about with someone that doesn't talk back, remembering that it is fine not to talk to this person, that you would be fine.

How long would you keep that relationship up knowing that this person wouldn't do anything for me and doesn't even talk back. If you would keep talking to your God expecting nothing back then kudos to you, you are one of the few people who have found true love even though psychiatrist/ every sane person would call you crazy.

If not then, it might not be crazy to say you love your God for what he could do for you, which is fine. It is basic nature to survive. That is just you logical mind doing what it thinks it has to do to survive subconciously.

This trails back to the old age question of why religion was created, what it is. What if it was created to make us live in fear

WHAT IF!
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by incogni2o: 10:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
give me some minutes to respond to your foolishness, in the mean time take, read this below

Psalm 14 King James Version (KJV)
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

What if you're right?
And he was just another nice guy
What if you're right?
What if it's true?
They say the cross will
Only make a fool of you
And what if it's true?
What if he takes his palace in history
With all the prophets and the kings
Who taught us love and came in peace
But then the story ends
What then?
But what if you're wrong?
What if there's more?
What if there's hope you
Never dreamed of hoping for?
What if you jump?
And just close your eyes?
What if the arms that catch you,
Catch you by surprise?
What if He's more than enough?
What if it's love?
What if you dig,
What if you dig
Way down deeper
Than your simple-minded friends
What if you dig?
What if you find
A thousand more unanswered questions
Inside That's all you find
What if you pick apart the logic
And begin to poke the holes
What if the crown of thorns is no more -
than folklore that must be told and retold
What if there's more?
What if there's hope you
What if you jump?
Catch you by surprise?
What if it's love?
You've been running as fast as you can
You've been looking for a place you can land so long
What if you jump?
Catch you by surprise?
What if it's love?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by incogni2o: 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:
For a second, humour me and imagine.

What if you didn't think your God had the power to heal, give riches, after life/give immortality, protect etc etc what if it was never written in your religious books you read since you were a kid that he could give you all that.

What if you weren't afraid that without your God your life would suddenly become a train wreck and nothing would ever work out for you. That everything you thought you could achieve with your God you could achieve anyway without him/her.

What if you didn't feel like you were betraying the trust of your god/ father, and he was cool with you not believing in him and he wasn't going on to harm you in anyway, would you still love him/her as much as much as you do now? Be truthful to yourself. If you wouldn't even just a little bit, then is that really love or you just being afraid of the consequences of not loving

If you still would though, then what would your relationship be like with your God? What would you talk about with someone that doesn't talk back, remembering that it is fine not to talk to this person, that you would be fine.

How long would you keep that relationship up knowing that this person wouldn't do anything for me and doesn't even talk back. If you would keep talking to your God expecting nothing back then kudos to you, you are one of the few people who have found true love even though psychiatrist/ every sane person would call you crazy.

If not then, it might not be crazy to say you love your God for what he could do for you, which is fine. It is basic nature to survive. That is just you logical mind doing what it thinks it has to do to survive subconciously.

This trails back to the old age question of why religion was created, what it is. What if it was created to make us live in fear

WHAT IF!

The same bible says Life is Vanity and a chasing after the wind.

All these above you listed are more or less the vanities of life.

Only God brings meaning into it for me .

The Struggles, The Pain, The Wants, The Lack, The Loss, The Frailty, The Agonies, The Bad Lucks, The Hustles and Bustle, The Injustices, The Prejudice, The shouting and screaming, and all the negatives.

only GOD brings meaning into them all for me.

The fool says in his Heart, there is no God
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 10:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
incogni2o:

The same bible says Life is Vanity and a chasing after the wind.

All these above you listed are more or less the vanities of life.

Only God brings meaning into it for me .

The Struggles, The Pain, The Wants, The Lack, The Loss, The Frailty, The Agonies, The Bad Lucks, The Hustles and Bustle, The Injustices, The Prejudice, The shouting and screaming, and all the negatives.

only GOD brings meaning into them all for me.

The fool says in his Heart, there is no God

What do you mean by meaning?
What meaning does God bring to you?
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
incogni2o:
give me some minutes to respond to your foolishness, in the mean time take, read this below

Psalm 14 King James Version (KJV)
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

What if you're right?
Okay?

And he was just another nice guy
Okay?

What if you're right?
Bruh!

What if it's true?
Mmhmmnn?

They say the cross will
Only make a fool of you
And what if it's true?
Okay?? Bruh

What if he takes his palace in history
With all the prophets and the kings
What in the world makes you think he will I'm confused, humour me.

Who taught us love and came in peace
He didn't teach us properly then. A girl got killed in a church

But then the story ends
Okay?

What then?
It ends. Kapish! You're dead, you're dead. Stop being greedy for more life. Greed makes it easy to be duped

What evidence points otherwise

What if there's more?
More of what[b]. How do y'all think of this shit, na Nigerian film?
[/b]
What if there's hope you
I'm good thanks. Content in my mortality.

For realistic things, yes. At least things I can see. At least!

What if you jump?
Okay?

Okay?

Lol

Catch you by surprise?
LOL. Seriously bro?

Who? The invisible arm?

What if it's love?
Hahaha

What if you dig,
Dig what?? Which soil?

What if you dig
Na wah o

Way down deeper
Okay?

Than your simple-minded friends
Insultive but okay?

What if you dig?
Cmon bruh, really? How many times

What if you find
Okay?

A thousand more unanswered questions
Okay

Inside That's all you find
I have no idea where this is going but okay?

What if you pick apart the logic
Okay?

And begin to poke the holes
Okay?

What if the crown of thorns is no more -
than folklore that must be told and retold
Okay?

Nothing signifies that I am, not one!

What if there's more?
Why should there be? Because a book said so?

What if there's hope you
I'm[b] fine thanks
[/b]
What if you jump?
Micheal Jordan!

Jump and close my eyes? Okay?

Catch you by surprise?
The invisible arms?? Tough sell

the invisible hand?.

What if it's love?
Bruh!

You've been running as fast as you can
Not really

You've been looking for a place you can land so long
Definitely not on an invisible arm though

Okay?

What if you jump?
Jump again?

Okay?

The invisible hand? I hope anybody reading this doesn't from a safe height. Death is a possibility with you trusting an invisible hand to catch you.

Catch you by surprise?
Bruh

The[b] invisible hand?
[/b]
What if it's love?
Na wah
You ended up saying nothing.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by incogni2o: 10:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

A reason for finding sense in an happening
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by incogni2o: 10:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

You ended up saying nothing.

same with your question Bro.

I sense you are still an amateur.

Beleive the Gospel b4 it's too late
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by spartan117(m): 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

Something more than gold, I've got something more than gold. The spirit of the Lord within me is something more than gold, Jesus is more than gold.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
incogni2o:

same with your question Bro.

I sense you are still an amateur.

Beleive the Gospel b4 it's too late
I edited your peom
Happy reading
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
spartan117:

Something more than gold, I've got something more than gold. The spirit of the Lord within me is something more than gold, Jesus is more than gold.

Seriously bro?

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by spartan117(m): 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

Seriously bro?
Seriously.
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by spartan117(m): 11:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
Life on this earth is meaningless unless it is lived for Jesus.
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2020
spartan117:
Life on this earth is meaningless unless it is lived for Jesus.
As long as you're happy bro
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
incogni2o:

A reason for finding sense in an happening
What happening?
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by incogni2o: 11:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

What happening?

I think you are confused.
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by incogni2o: 11:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

What happening?

The happenings I listed
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by spartan117(m): 11:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

As long as you're happy bro
Thanks.

But I know someone who will be absolutely delighted to meet you.
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
incogni2o:

I think you are confused.
LOL.
Okay bro
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
spartan117:

Thanks.

But I know someone who will be absolutely delighted to meet you.
I hope it's not the invisible arm the other guy was talking about
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by spartan117(m): 11:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

I hope it's not the invisible arm the other guy was talking about
What invisible arm?

I'm talking about the person of Jesus Christ. He is a real person, more real than the air you breathe.
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
incogni2o:

The happenings I listed

I think I get you now. You mean God brings meaning to all the sufferings in this earth?

How?
Why?
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
spartan117:

What invisible arm?

I'm talking about the person of Jesus Christ. He is a real person, more real than the air you breathe.

We are goin to have to agree to disagree bro. If I took away your oxygen, even your Jesus couldn't save you.
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by spartan117(m): 11:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

We are goin to have to agree to disagree bro. If I took away your oxygen, even your Jesus couldn't save you.
He created oxygen.
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by incogni2o: 11:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

I think I get you now. You mean God brings meaning to all the sufferings in this earth?

How?
Why?

You get me now, Good.

Do same to everything you think about, including God.

I Pray one day you would say.

God, I get you now.

Peace and have a sweet night rest.
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
incogni2o:

You get me now, Good.

Do same to everything you think about, including God.

I Pray one day you would say.

God, I get you now.

Peace and have a sweet night rest.

Mtcheeww
I was even trying to have a conversation. Good night bro
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
spartan117:

He created oxygen.
Bruh!

I created uranium.
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by spartan117(m): 11:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

Bruh!

I created uranium.

Lol no you didn't.
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
spartan117:

Lol no you didn't.
I actually did. I told people to write a book on it. I swear bro.

Seriously.

Do you want a copy of my book?
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by spartan117(m): 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

I actually did. I told people to write a book on it. I swear bro.

Seriously.

Do you want a copy of my book?
Lol let's assume you did, then congratulations.

You are only able to create things because the creator himself created Man in his image and likeness, hence he gave man the ability to create things through science. Science is a gift God gave man to help him better his life.
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 12:00am On Jun 16, 2020
spartan117:

Lol let's assume you did, then congratulations.

You are only able to create things because the creator himself created Man in his image and likeness, hence he gave man the ability to create things through science. Science is a gift God gave man to help him better his life.
Uranium was just one of the few things I created bro. I made a human being bro, no lie
I swear bro.

His name's Musa

I swear

It's in my book too
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by spartan117(m): 12:05am On Jun 16, 2020
Abso1uteZero:

Uranium was just one of the few things I created bro. I made a human being bro, no lie
I swear bro.

His name's Musa

I swear
Congratulations.

But you were also created and the one who created you loves you and wants to have a relationship with you. Will you accept Jesus Christ? Are you even willing to give him just a little chance to show you that he is real and he is God?
Re: An Atheist's Introspective Question For Christains And Religious People. by Abso1uteZero(m): 12:07am On Jun 16, 2020
spartan117:

Congratulations.

But you were also created and the one who created you loves you and wants to have a relationship with you. Will you accept Jesus Christ? Are you even willing to give him just a little chance to show you that he is real and he is God?

That's not all bro. I created God and Jesus Christ.
It's all in my book bro.

Send me your address, I'm going to mail you a copy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The World Hates Righteousness' Preachers Like Jesus / Is This Juju, Magic, Spirituality Or Just Simple Human Intelligence? / The Whole Spiritual Truth About This World Laid Bare!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.