Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best (6289 Views)

The Salaf And The Quran In Ramadan / Supplication Of An Unmarried Person From The Salaf / Who Are The Salaf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by AbuTwins: 11:20am On Jun 16, 2020
Question
Why is the "manhaj of the salaf" or imitating the salaf in one's approach to Islam the correct form of Islam? I come from a sufi background, and was following what is known in Turkish literally as a "jamaat" (cemaat in turkish), but they do not believe in grave worship. however, they believed in many things which I found inconsistent and i liked the simplicity of traditionalist aqeedah. why is this the correct approach, and how do i tell my parents and deal with their rejection in the most respectful manner, considering they would not approve?

Answer
All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammad, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.

The ‘Manhaj of the Salaf’ (methodology of the righteous predecessors) is the correct Manhaj for a very simple and self-evident reason, namely, that the Salaf are the ones who received the knowledge of the Quran and Sunnah directly from the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ). Therefore, they had the best and most perfect understanding of the divine revelation conveyed to them by the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) because it was revealed in their own language and he sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) lived amongst them (and this was a practical example). Moreover, Allah, The Exalted, praised them, their understanding, knowledge and deeds in many occasions in the Quran; He Says (what means): {And the first forerunners [in the faith] among the Muhaajireen and the Ansaar and those who followed them with good conduct – Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Him…} [Quran 9:100] There are many verses to the same effect. Also, it was authentically narrated on the authority of ‘Imran ibn Husayn, may Allaah be pleased with him, that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah exalt his mention) said: “The best among people are my generation, then those who follow them, and then those who follow them.” Hence, the texts of the Quran and Sunnah as well as the sound intellect testify to the fact that their methodology was the soundest, their practices were the most guided, and their righteous path was the best. Knowing that, you should clarify it to your father and those around you with kindness, gentleness, wisdom, and good instruction. If they responded to you, then all praise be to Allah; otherwise, you should not despair of clarifying the matter to them and patiently calling them to the right path. You should also be a good example for them to prove to them the truth of what you are preaching and urging them to do. May Allah bless you with all that is good.

Allah Knows best.

Islamweb

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Kherdija(f): 11:01am On Jun 17, 2020
Allahumma Ameen.Tnx for d inspiring message.

4 Likes

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by AntiChristian: 9:10am On Jun 19, 2020
Alhamdulillah

2 Likes

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Ajibolatao(m): 9:24am On Jun 19, 2020
Jazakumullah khayran

1 Like

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Golden75(m): 9:24am On Jun 19, 2020
jazakallahu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Abbeyrazaq20(m): 9:26am On Jun 19, 2020
Alhamdulilah

1 Like

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by PrinzEleju: 9:26am On Jun 19, 2020
Alhamdulillah. Ki Allah O pa Ina elebo re.

1 Like

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Guest14(m): 9:27am On Jun 19, 2020
Ok
Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by skills2020: 9:34am On Jun 19, 2020
Alhamdulilah

1 Like

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by PrinzEleju: 9:35am On Jun 19, 2020
Kafirs should stay away from this post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Sagelegend: 9:38am On Jun 19, 2020
MashAllah...Alhamdullilah for being a muslim

1 Like

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Abuskid: 9:44am On Jun 19, 2020
May Allah keep our minds and feet steadfast in the way of the solafussaleh,amin!.
Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Onedolar: 9:51am On Jun 19, 2020
Yes. Not Wahabiyya

1 Like

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Mahsums: 9:58am On Jun 19, 2020
Shukran
Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by AbdulHakeem44(m): 9:58am On Jun 19, 2020
Onedolar:
Yes. Not Wahabiyya
You are still confused. There is no wahabiya but salafiyya. It is the enemy of salafiya that coined wahabiya. Have u seen anyone call himself a wahabi as every other people from other sects affiliate themselves to it?

We are proudly Muslims
Muslims who understands and practice islam based on Qur'an and sunnah with the understanding of the salaf
We are ahlus sunnah wal jamaa'aah

AlhamduliLlāh

6 Likes

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Adex7004(m): 10:24am On Jun 19, 2020
Why did salafi sect used to called other sects of other Muslim kafir, nd according to Allah nd prophet Muhammad who is a Muslim?

2 Likes

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by TheSourcerer: 10:26am On Jun 19, 2020
Wtf is this, see wasted thread

I feel I'm on the wrong planet smh
Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Xmuslim: 10:28am On Jun 19, 2020
Yes. Salafiya is the true islam and it is the one that shows the intolerance and the aggressive nature of the religion.

Other Muslims are trying to be more morally upright than the Qur'an and hadith, whilst the Salafiya are unapologetic about their religion.

I prefer non-fundamelist Muslims though. My life would be safe in their hands than in the hand of salafiya

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Xmuslim: 10:29am On Jun 19, 2020
TheSourcerer:

lol. It is Friday. It is their day.

And yes, we are on the wrong planet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by TheSourcerer: 10:31am On Jun 19, 2020
Xmuslim:

you get me bro , you get me ..
Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by TheSourcerer: 10:32am On Jun 19, 2020
Xmuslim:
Yes. Salafiya is the true islam and it is the one that shows the intolerance and the aggressive nature of the religion.

Other Muslims are trying to be more morally upright than the Qur'an and hadith, whilst the Salafiya are unapologetic about their religion.

I prefer non-fundamelist Muslims though. My life would be safe in their hands than in the hand of salafiya
lol you be sounding like me if I read the Koran lol
Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by egini87(m): 10:32am On Jun 19, 2020
Al Hamdu Lillah Robi Lil'alamin
But based on the reference of Qur'an you quoted, Allah didn't mention Salaf neither Our Beloved Prophet MUHAMMAD SAW didn't also.
And besides from the history, we didn't hear from
Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman & Ali
(May Allah be pleased with them) and others Sahabas didn't claim Salaf. Stop bringing all these sects in Islam.
Those who follow Islam sincerely are called Muslim (Submissive to Allah Azzawajal alone)
Allahu Alam

7 Likes

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by soburtunde: 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
Islam is our religion. We are Muslims. No where in the Holy Quran or Hadith where Allah or His prophet asked you to name a sect SALAFIYYAH.
Stop propagating lies. They will only try to deceive people by saying SALAFIYYAH is not a sect but lailai all na SCAM
Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Ramsak1: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
Brother, you need to understand what salaf means. The word "salaf" simply means predecessor and contextually it means the early muslims who learnt the deen from the Prophet(saw) and actually saw the prophet perform and perfect Islam in its pristine form.
So when we say salafiiy, that doesn't necessarily denotes a name of any sect as it is the case with the suffi, shia and the others, but it means practising Islam as the prophet practised it and the way the sahabas and the tabi'in practised Islam and not some sheikh.
Allahu aalam..
egini87:
But based on the reference of Qur'an you quoted, Allah didn't mention Salaf neither Our Beloved Prophet MUHAMMAD SAW didn't also.
(May Allah be pleased with them) and others Sahabas didn't claim Salaf. Stop bringing all these sects in Islam.
Those who follow Islam sincerely are called Muslim (Submissive to Allah Azzawajal alone)
Allahu Alam

2 Likes

Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by yusufyo: 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
soburtunde:
Islam is our religion. We are Muslims. No where in the Holy Quran or Hadith where Allah or His prophet asked you to name a sect SALAFIYYAH.
Stop propagating lies. They will only try to deceive people by saying SALAFIYYAH is not a sect but lailai all na SCAM
He never mentioned SALAFIYYAH. All his words here regarding it is SALAF.
Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by IMAliyu(m): 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
Xmuslim:

TheSourcerer:

Don't worry, when Elon musk makes commercial flights to Mars possible, you can leave grin
Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by TheSourcerer: 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
IMAliyu:

[s]Don't worry, when Elon musk makes commercial flights to Mars possible, you can leave grin
[/s]
Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by hardeytarhyour(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
egini87:
Allahu Alam
You need to understand the word Salaf, It Mean Predecessors and are our predecessors are they not Anabi, Sohaabah and Tabi'i and Tabi Tabi'ee, Meanwhile, Every Muslim Salaf except those that deviate
Re: The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best by Ridzain: 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
O my people, I am a Muslim and I love my creator, this has been our message انا يا #قوم مسلم I am not salafi, Sunni or shi’i or Wahabist. I am a Muslim, that is what Allah called me. I don’t care any other name, I prefer the one confirmed and authenticated by Him. I am a Muslim, this is messages of all prophets!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plan Your Life Around Your Prayer / Tau'bah - Seeking Forgiveness From Allah / Muslims Have Always Been Lazy Ever Thanks To Their Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.