Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) (4610 Views)

Brazil Vs Netherlands 3rd Place Match In Pictures / Brazil Vs Netherlands: World Cup 3rd Place (0 - 3) On 12th July 2014 / Spain Vs Netherlands: 1 - 0 @ World Cup 2010 Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by Seun(m): 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2005
Hello,

We are currently leading, 30 seconds after the beginning of the match! One goal to Nigeria, none to the Netherlands. "All we are saying, give us more goals!"

Seun.
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by CalabarMan(m): 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2005
Hey and I dey here dey surf internet, o! boy I don comot.
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by Seun(m): 2:42pm On Jun 25, 2005
I've brought a TV into my home-office for the first time ever; it's exciting and now I can understand why people are so crazy about sports. Our queer African country with all its problems has an opportunity to beat a country like Holland at something!

[img]http://www.nopa.net.nyud.net:8090/Useful_Information/National_Symbols/flag.gif[/img]
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by shockreaction(m): 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2005
Heh... it's actually interesting. NEPA just restored power here, guess it's cos of the match. I might just go to watch it...
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by legry(m): 2:59pm On Jun 25, 2005
Off to my TV and may the force be with the boys See Ya
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by Seun(m): 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2005
5 Minutes to the end of the first half. Nigeria leading by 1 goal scored within 30 seconds by John Owoeri!
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by Seun(m): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2005
It's 1-1 just after the beginning of the second half. Ron Vlaar scores and equalizer for the Netherlands in the 46th minute of the match (less than 1 minute into the second half). Tit for tat, eh? cry

Follow the Match Live

Olubayo Adefemi and Onyekachi Apam have bagged yellow cards in the first half of this match.
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by Seun(m): 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2005
Penalty Shootout after 1-1 draw. Nigeria got a one shot advantage, lost it, got the advantage again, then lost it again. So now it's 4-4 ...
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by Seun(m): 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2005
7 - 6; the Netherlands lead. Nigeria 's number 19 to kick the ball. And he makes it 7-7.

7 - 7, the Netherlands number 2 scores the 19th penalty kick and it's 8 - 7.

8 -7, the Netherlands in the lead...
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by Seun(m): 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2005
And Nigeria wallops the Netherlands 10-9 on Penalties (network glitch after the 20th penalty kick)!!
grin grin

Nigeria is a world power! Next we'll be walloping Morocco!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by medube(m): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2005
Hurray!!!

UP NIGERIA!
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by DASKACE(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2005
Lets hope we clinch that trophy this time around
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by Greatpeter(m): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2005
DASKACE:

Lets hope we clinch that trophy this time around
It's not impossible. But the crop of players are too complesant.
After getting just a goal up they relax. It happened during South Korea match, again against the Nethelands. I am sceptical about them winning the championship.
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by pkrix(m): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2005
Thank God we, after much tension won. If not that guy that lost the first hope of Nigeria winning would have ...............................

Oh! yeah! Netherland lost too.

Afetr enough marketing (selling) of our keeper, we won.

Word? That's hot! Innit? People wanna turn my street "up-side-down" They are shouting, screaming and throwing knockouts.

What's happening where you are?
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by pkrix(m): 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2005
Exactly! They did relax and this relaxation after a goal is the course of our losing much crucial matches.

"But they inherited relaxation from their grand father the Super Eagles".

Don't blame them.
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by hotangel2(f): 6:10am On Jun 26, 2005
I don't watch stuffs like this.
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by c0dec(m): 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2005
i wonder there's so much hype about these games. it's just under-20 not our senior team. BTW, u should be ashamed of the boys. the old men had to go to penalties? against teenagers?

well, the rest of the world including me has been watching the confederations cup [brazil kicks ass. adriano rulez] and nobody here seems to be talking about that.
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by olaide07(f): 11:56am On Jun 27, 2005
The match was a clash of fate as the two team played the same game.I was on my kneels till the end of the match praying. God was on our side.

Congratulations, Nigerians, and I wish for more success to come.
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by babadudu(m): 5:36pm On Jun 27, 2005
c0dec:

I wonder there's so much hype about these games. it's just under-20 not our senior team. BTW, you should be ashamed of the boys. the old men had to go to penalties? against teenagers?

well, the rest of the world including me has been watching the confederations cup [brazil kicks ass. adriano rulez] and nobody here seems to be talking about that.

Why would we be talking about the Confederation cup when Nigeria is playing....even if it's the "just under-20 not our senior team" that's playing? Is Nigeria in the Confederation Cup?
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by c0dec(m): 10:02am On Jun 28, 2005
i forgot. this is a nigerian football fan thread not a football fan thread. my bad.
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by Seun(m): 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2005
[center][img]http://www.nairaland.com.nyud.net:8090/img/president-obasanjo-with-flying-eagles.jpg[/img]
President Obasanjo in group photo with the Flying Eagles soccer squad that walloped the Netherlands' team 10-9.

[img]http://www.nairaland.com.nyud.net:8090/img/president-obasanjo-with-flying-eagles-2.jpg[/img]
President Obasanjo shaking hands with some of the players.

More Photos from an Official Source
[/center]
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by hotangel2(f): 10:35pm On Jun 28, 2005
kanu was not among them? infact all those faces are new. I thought i knew all the super eagles.
Re: Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!) by LoverBwoy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2006
hot-angel:

kanu was not among them? infact all those faces are new. I thought i knew all the super eagles.

hmm you have been doing cheerleading for a long time haven't you? grin
Anyway These were the "under 20 team"

(1) (Reply)

How To Play Baba Ijebu / Super Falcons Coach, Players Celebrating Their Qualification To World Cup 2nd Ro / THEO WALCOTT WHAT A PITY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.