Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,142 members, 7,852,890 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects (7690 Views)

Papyrus Magazine Holds Business Mix Gala Night, Connects Business Executives Wit / 3 Good Reasons Everyone Should Be Making Money On Upwork / Forget White Collar .....blue Collar Jobs On Point....check Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
Community Guru

There a few things you can do to reduce your chance of wasting your time and connects. These are the ones I think apply to the types of jobs I apply to:

1) Don’t bid on projects posted by the client more than a few days earlier. If you can search every day for the specific types of jobs you’re looking for, do it until your so busy you don’t have time for it, then just do searches as often as you can. (Clients have no obligation or incentive to close their Upwork ads even after they hire a freelancer and they have no intention of hiring a second freelancer.)
2) Don’t bid on projects where there are already 20 or more proposals. The competition will be fierce and unless you think your bid will be at the low end of the range of bids received by the client for that project, your chances of you sending the winning bid are low. (But always consider bidding on projects where you think you are the ideal freelancer, regardless whether you expect to be the lowest cost bidder. Some clients know they will get the quality or work they are willing to pay for.)
3) Don’t bid on projects that mention something like, “There is a lot more future work for the right freelancer.” This means the clients wants to lowball you on your rate for this job. And there is unlikely to be any future work from this client at a reasonable rate of pay, if at all.
4) Don’t bid on projects for clients whose historical pay rate is well below the range acceptable to you. If a client has paid freelancers an average of $4.00 on previous projects and you are looking for projects that pay $20/hour or more, it is unlikely the client will find your proposal the most attractive one (s)he receives. (It appears Upwork recently changed the form clients use to submit hourly jobs, so maybe the range you now see on such projects is more indicative of whether the client will look at your proposal.)
5) It can be smart for a new Upwork freelancer to submit proposals at pay rates lower than the range they want to earn over the long term, but don’t bid too low. Quality clients will ignore very low bids because they have low expectations of the quality of the work they’ll be paying for.
6) Don’t avoid submitting bids on fixed price projects if you prefer hourly projects, or vice versa. It is not unusual for a client to be primarily looking for the right freelancer and willing to revise the project type for that freelancer.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

From Drew

3 Likes

Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2020
by the time you follow all my examples,
You will start getting jobs and evening declining low paying jobs just like I do

Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by 12AD: 9:19am On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:
by the time you follow all my examples,
You will start getting jobs and evening declining low paying jobs just like I do
you sounded rude and condescending... Even if I was a client and had every intention of paying your fee, I wouldn't with your cocky demeanour...
Eeew

4 Likes

Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by RuggedSniper: 10:24am On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:

Before you start making money
Register with payoneer with this link.
https://share.payoneer.com/nav/-UPa-YgtmeyceX9MJPEWRgwWyCTJGmOWZ0RbFzMYZtpl7KYF-4LaXCgvSmogBSTV92-bbmjYKtVvdiSbzEPalw2

Set up your payoneer so you can receive money from Upwork. You will also get a free 25usd when you sign up using the link.

Upwork is stingy, me sef I hate them for that. But since I started making money, I now subscribe to their monthly plan and get 70 connect and other premium stuffs.
I'll help out.
In every job there is a hire rate, don't apply for jobs less that 70 percent higher rate.

Full your portfolio with your work. I mean invest I. Your work and make it standout..

Look for jobs from this country's they have higher chance to employ you
Dubai, India, Philippines. Most country's that are Muslim. Stop looking for Canada and America

Verify your account to get that blue mark of confidence to any client

I'll continue when people comment..
I will be typing in red from now to stand out
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 30, 2020
12AD:
you sounded rude and condescending... Even if I was a client and had every intention of paying your fee, I wouldn't with your cocky demeanour...
Eeew
good thing, you are not a Client and you can't possibly pay me. So move along.
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by 12AD: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:
good thing, you are not a Client and you can't possibly pay me. So move along.
i can't possibly pay you wink

I can pay you for 5 years without your pay affecting me..
But in reality, I can't pay a cocky condescending fellow like you.. Bad business really
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
12AD:

But in reality, I can't pay a cocky condescending fellow like you.. Bad business really
immature baby's coming to a faceless forum to make mouth. Please don't ever reply my quotes anywhere on this forum.
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
okay great people let us continue

Just think of upwork as a business. I mean think of it as a shop you pay yearly for, buy fuel to run business etc. Spend money and buy connects yes. It may sound frustrating that you are not getting any job. When I started I almost lost hope but vowed to continue buying connects. Now I have over $4k within the month of May and june and now I don't accept work less than 150$ USD depending on the hour of job.

If you are still following drop comments if not, I may have to drop this and focus more on my jobs..

Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by 12AD: 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:
immature baby's coming to a faceless forum to make mouth. Please don't ever reply my quotes anywhere on this forum.
run back to the hole you came from you uncouth rude fellow undecided
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Carmal90(m): 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:

Just think of upwork as a business. I mean think of it as a shop you pay yearly for, buy fuel to run business etc. Spend money and buy connects yes. It may sound frustrating that you are not getting any job. When I started I almost lost hope but vowed to continue buying connects. Now I have over $4k within the month of May and june and now I don't accept work less than 150$ USD depending on the hour of job.

If you are still following drop comments if not, I may have to drop this and focus more on my jobs..

Pls teach me video editing.
Thanks
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
Carmal90:

Pls teach me video editing.
Thanks
bro the truth is I may not have time to tech you video editing. Unless you are willing to pay.
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Carmal90(m): 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:
bro the truth is I may not have time to tech you video editing. Unless you are willing to pay.

What price are we looking at here sir?
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
Carmal90:

What price are we looking at here sir?
do you prefer chatting about it here or taking it off this forum? You once chatted me on WhatsApp through a link for video editing.
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Carmal90(m): 2:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:
do you prefer chatting about it here or taking it off this forum? You once chatted me on WhatsApp through a link for video editing.
I would love to move this offline..
Pls hi, as I can't seem to remember sir.
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Penmagician: 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
If you want to understand how to set up your account on Upwork and get your first client as a Nigeria, make sure you watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiDVHBmCahg

4 Likes

Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
Carmal90:

I would love to move this offline..
Pls hi, as I can't seem to remember sir.
drop your email address or your mobile number let me chat you up.
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Carmal90(m): 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:
drop your email address or your mobile number let me chat you up.
Ok
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Graxie(f): 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please, how did you get your first job? What was the proposal like?
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by FunnyDude(m): 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:

There is money online
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by FunnyDude(m): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
12AD:

Stop this attitude plz
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by 12AD: 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2020
FunnyDude:

Stop this attitude plz
DUDE, That guy is a small fish when it comes to freelancing on Upwork... Really...
I've made more money there than he could ever dream of. I only corrected him as his response to the client was rude... Clients love being worshipped, and I'm afraid he lost that chance with the client.
Shalom

2 Likes

Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Galactico4ever(m): 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymoore which platform is better for this b/w phone and pc?
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Henrymoore which platform is better for this b/w phone and pc?
phone to find jobs and easier to read messages. Pc for hourly work log time.

1 Like

Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2020

Rule 1
Never accept very low paying jobs just because you need money or to get feedback. If a client claims he will give you a job you know will take hours to achieve just to give you 5 stars, don't ever accept such, that client will still have corrections up and down and will still result in low feed back and you be devastated when you remember you are going home with peanut. Let do the maths.
A client give you a job of 10$ and you accept to do this job for 24hours.. minus upwork 20% you are left with 8 USD. When you make transfer to payoneer you are left with 6$. 6$ multiplied by 390 equals 31,20 naira and you will wait extra 1 week to withdraw you Money. It is not worth it. And accepting low pay jobs to boost your profile will affect you on the long run!! Ask me how?

Next is how to write a proposal to win jobs.

Based on my own experiment I figured out this type of proposals gets you jobs faster.

I'll need 4 freelancers (2 girls, 2 guys), to drop their number I will send this personally to their WhatsApp. I can't make it open for everyone to use.. remember it is free.

Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by cdm4live: 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:
I hope you used your real pictures, real names, real location, because immediately you land a job, boom verification will appear and they will call you video call and they will collect your ID card.

Is there a way one can change his name and picture in upwork?

Can you provide a link?
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by vintino(m): 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:

Rule 1
Never accept very low paying jobs just because you need money or to get feedback. If a client claims he will give you a job you know will take hours to achieve just to give you 5 stars, don't ever accept such, that client will still have corrections up and down and will still result in low feed back and you be devastated when you remember you are going home with peanut. Let do the maths.
A client give you a job of 10$ and you accept to do this job for 24hours.. minus upwork 20% you are left with 8 USD. When you make transfer to payoneer you are left with 6$. 6$ multiplied by 390 equals 31,20 naira and you will wait extra 1 week to withdraw you Money. It is not worth it. And accepting low pay jobs to boost your profile will affect you on the long run!! Ask me how?

Based on my own experiment I figured out this type of proposals gets you jobs faster.

I'll need 4 freelancers (2 girls, 2 guys), to drop their number I will send this personally to their WhatsApp. I can't make it open for everyone to use.. remember it is free.

8 Thanks man
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by cdm4live: 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:

Rule 1

Thank you for the add.
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
2 guys taken. Need 2 ladies
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by lordally(m): 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:

Rule 1

Bro it's a nice job you are doing here I really appreciate you for that..... Currently I don't really have a service to offer on upwork but currently I am undergoing a six month training in software engineering on JavaScript to become a full stack software engineer so please I will still keep in touch with you so that by the time I am done with the training your experience will be useful to me
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Generalwoodz(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:
my guy consider me biko... cry I saw the post, jump in to comment but MTN embarassed ladies pls allow him to pick me
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Millennialaku(m): 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
grin nonsense
Re: How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects by Babygal2020(f): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
Henrymorre:

Please I need it. I have an upwork account already. I just created it. I'm a hardworking lady.

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Looking To Buy A Horse / How To Get A 100% Free USA Shipping Virtual Address Via Shippyme / Why Nigerian Entrepreneurs Should Invest In Agro Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.