Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

i need help with my Gaming Enquiries.. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / i need help with my Gaming Enquiries.. (679 Views)

Follow Me To Set Up My Gaming Pc Ryzen 5 2600x With Pictures / Help : What Softwares Can I Use To Control Gaming Time In My Gaming Center / My Gaming Channel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

i need help with my Gaming Enquiries.. by kellykume(m): 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
good day guys. please i dont really know much about game specifications and i'm not a heavy gamer at all but i sha know that i'm getting a laptop with gtx1050, 4gb vram and 8gb ram but i'll like to know if its enough to run fifa 20 (even if its at medium or low settings )and other very light games..The guy i'm getting the laptop from said that i need a gtx1650 to run the game.
Re: i need help with my Gaming Enquiries.. by Controller360: 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
I think it'll run fifa 20.
Even on high sef
Re: i need help with my Gaming Enquiries.. by azamsdgasrtq3et: 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2020
Fallout 4 features some particularly tricky decisions, morally speaking. Often, the choices and their consequences are clear, with only the exact ethics of the situation murky. However, other quests will spring on the player various unintended consequences- not least ‘The Secret of Cabot House’. Spoilers for this side quest follow.

View more gaming Stuff- <a href="https://www.memakky.com/">Click here</a>

The Cabot family home, west of Old North Church

The Cabot family are an unusual bunch. The Sole Survivor will at first know little of their dark history, only acting as a hired gun to help them out with recent issues; the daughter of the family (Emogene) has disappeared, and a package of ‘mysterious serum’ has fallen into the hands of a raider gang. They may first be placed on this quest path through an approach from one of the Cabot’s hired mercenaries with a job offer, or passing speech checks and being granted entry into the Cabot house.

Eventually, the player will earn the trust of the family through resolution of these issues, so it is to us Jack Cabot- the head of the household- will turn when things go wrong.

Jack Cabot

As it turns out, there is another member of the family we have not yet met- Lorenzo Cabot. At the time of Fallout 4, he is being held in Parsons Insane State Asylum. In his time, he was a successful archaeologist with an interest in a rumoured alien city, founded long before any human civilisations. In excavating this city, he uncovered a mysterious artefact- a diadem. Wearing it, he gained strange powers- the cost was his sanity.

He was placed in the asylum after a string of murders; in fact, he only escaped prison due to his family’s wealth and influence. Amazingly, this occurred in 1898.; among the powers of the diadem was granting immortality to the wearer, which the rest of the family likewise exploited after Jack Cabot managed to create a serum from Lorenzo’s blood, having dedicated his life to studying the artefact.

Hundreds of years later and after the Great War, the Sole Survivor is told that a raider gang is attempting to break Lorenzo out of prison. This, Jack Cabot tells us, would be disastrous- he exhibited increasingly irrational behaviour after the discovery of the artefact, culminating in the murders that ensured his permanent imprisonment.

Lorenzo Cabot, in his prison

The player will fight alongside Jack Cabot through the raiders that have already managed to infiltrate the asylum, eventually finding Lorenzo still safely secured within. But here they face a choice.

Jack tells us it is simply too dangerous to keep Lorenzo alive after this recent near-catastrophe, requesting the player flicks a few switches that control his cell, ending his life. In turn, Lorenzo will attempt to bargain with the Sole Survivor, pleading a desperation for freedom after so many hundreds of years within this tiny jail. Jack will warn the player again not to underestimate Lorenzo, stating again that he is insane. But it is very easy to pity him for his long confinement- too easy. Nor does he appear outwardly deranged: he is well dressed, polite and highly intelligent.

The player can choose to let him go, to kill him or even to let him go and then kill him immediately afterwards. Whatever the choice, the consequences will be far-reaching.

If the player sides with Jack and kills Lorenzo, the main unintended consequence will be in the form of the rest of the family dying without the serum to keep them alive. Returning to the Cabot house around a week or so in-game later, Jack and his sister will appear far older than before. When spoken to, Jack reveals his mother is already dead.

This isn’t too terrible, certainly not compared to the other ending. They have already gained more time than the average person could dare hope for. Jack will plan to leave for the Mojave desert, stating his father always thought there was another alien city buried beneath. But without replaying or searching online, the player will never know whether Lorenzo truly was that bad…

As it turns out yes, he was. First thing after being freed, he will murder his own family at the Cabot house. Thereafter, he will be available as a random encounter; the Sole Survivor may find him with some dead ghoul settlers at his feet. He freely admits to murdering these innocent people through a wish to study their biology. Nor is he at all remorseful.

The murdered Cabot family

This is not a good outcome by any means. An immortal, utterly uncaring scientist, interested in humans but not human life.

This is indeed a horrifying video game moment the player is responsible for. Arguably, they had no way of knowing the ultimate outcome of their actions, but the fact remains the Sole Survivor has let loose a serial killer (with supernatural powers to boot) into the wastes, free to follow any maniacal whims he may have given the distinct lack of law enforcement to be found post-war.

Therefore, Fallout 4 may indeed make the player into a villain, should they accidentally choose to unleash a monster.
Re: i need help with my Gaming Enquiries.. by naijasensei: 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
kellykume:
good day guys. please i dont really know much about game specifications and i'm not a heavy gamer at all but i sha know that i'm getting a laptop with gtx1050, 4gb vram and 8gb ram but i'll like to know if its enough to run fifa 20 (even if its at medium or low settings )and other very light games..The guy i'm getting the laptop from said that i need a gtx1650 to run the game.

It should run it easily, even on high settings. Even a 2GB GTX1050, and a GT 1030 can play FIFA20 easily. By the way, what CPU does the laptop have?
Re: i need help with my Gaming Enquiries.. by kellykume(m): 2:46am On Jun 18, 2020
naijasensei:

It should run it easily, even on high settings. Even a 2GB GTX1050, and a GT 1030 can play FIFA20 easily. By the way, what CPU does the laptop have?
it has uhd 630
Re: i need help with my Gaming Enquiries.. by naijasensei: 3:01am On Jun 18, 2020
kellykume:

it has uhd 630

That isn't the CPU, that's the integrated GPU used for non-demanding graphics tasks. Anyways, the Uhd 630 can be found on either 8th gen or 9th gen core-i series CPUs, so you are good to go. I am guessing your laptop is packing a core i5 8300H, a core i7 8750H, or probably a core i5 8250U.
Re: i need help with my Gaming Enquiries.. by kellykume(m): 3:47am On Jun 18, 2020
naijasensei:

That isn't the CPU, that's the integrated GPU used for non-demanding graphics tasks. Anyways, the Uhd 630 can be found on either 8th gen or 9th gen core-i series CPUs, so you are good to go. I am guessing your laptop is packing a core i5 8300H, a core i7 8750H, or probably a core i5 8250U.
bros. no mind me abeg all this computer specification too dey confuse me. But your guess is right. its a core i5 8300H 8th gen.

1 Like

Re: i need help with my Gaming Enquiries.. by naijasensei: 4:47am On Jun 18, 2020
kellykume:

bros. no mind me abeg all this computer specification too dey confuse me. But your guess is right. its a core i5 8300H 8th gen.

You are blessed, enjoy your laptop.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help With My Ps 3 / Ps5 For Sale / Need Quick Cash? Join 9jalotto Right Now! FAST CASHOUT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.