Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. (53429 Views)

Port Harcourt Pleasure Park / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / Port Harcourt Pleasure Park Night Views (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by TonyOputa(m): 6:46am On Jun 17, 2020
It was around 1996, one of my most fulfilling child hood memories. I remember how we rode in a car that glided on a steel like surface with a long pole behind seeming to connect to the roof. There were others kids in there own “small cars” too, we collided on each other very often, the parents would stare in amusement as they watch their kids have fun in a circus-like setting of little electric cars acting like Fomular1 drivers wannabes. This place I only knew it as “
AMUSEMENT PARK and that it was located at Eleme Junction.

This memory is stuck in my mind till this day.

Amazingly, after about 2 decades plus, I was staring at my son Ikenna sitting in a car moving in circle alongside other horse & bird shaped objects dangling and making rhythmic motion as they all moved in a circle. This time, it was a place known as the PORT HARCOURT PLEASURE PARK.

The PORT HARCOURT PLEASURE PARK is one of the projects I consider a Legacy Project by the NEW Administration.

Prior to the construction of the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park, the city lacked a one stop for Family pleasures.

While growing up, it used to be Tourist Beach, the Port Harcourt Zoo or the Amusement Park, however with time these things eroded.

The last administration saw the establishment of the Port Harcourt Mall. On the Christmas of the year it was opened, the Mall was massively congested. This alone was a clear indication that the city was lacking a leisure centre.

It was as if Gov. Wike had similar thoughts and concerns as during his early days as Governor, the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park was one of the projects he kickstarted earnestly.

On 25th day of May 2016, the Governor officially flagged off the construction of the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park.

On May 27th of same year, in the Governor’s address to the Children in commemoration of the 2016 Children’s day celebrations, the governor stated that his administration flagged off the construction of the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park to create a facility for recreation for Rivers children and the entire family, the first of its kind in the history of the state.

During the period of construction, the Pleasure Park project was one of the most inspected projects by the Governor. The Governor was passionate about it and this was made manifest as 1 year after, May 26th 2017 precisely, the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park was formally Commissioned and unveiled for public use.

On the day of commissioning, the facility had climbing tower, artificial lake with pedal boats, fitness machines, football pitches, mini golf course, restaurants and mobile gyms.

Overtime, there have been many additions to the facility such as Paint ball and Shooting Range, Shopping Mall, Restaurants and a 5-Star Cinema.

On the 6th of March this year, an addition of a new ultra-modern restaurant The Michael Garden restaurant was commissioned by the Governor. The Governor also announced that State Government has concluded plans to build a 5-star hotel in the facility.

The Port Harcourt Pleasure Park is now an integral part of the Port Harcourt identity, one which attracts visitors from far and near. Last year, it won the Nigerian Tourism Award for Best Family Amusement Centre in Nigeria. Classic

Till this day, the Governor still care a great deal about the Park. The Park which was kept under the management of Julius Berger (The Company that constructed it) for a period of 2 years after construction, in 2019, the Governor appointed a Special Adviser on Pleasure park to ensure the smooth running and seamless interfacing of the facility.

If there are few projects I consider as Gov. Wike’s Legacy projects, the Pleasure Park comes top. It is beyond a project, but one that affects the most delicate amongst us, THE CHILDREN and THE FAMILY.

Ugochukwu Oputa

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by TonyOputa(m): 6:48am On Jun 17, 2020
Photos from time of construction

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by TonyOputa(m): 6:53am On Jun 17, 2020
More Photos of the Park

11 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by TonyOputa(m): 6:57am On Jun 17, 2020
Photo of the Cinema facility

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Fuckyoumod: 7:39am On Jun 17, 2020
Stop writing nonsense here!

So pleasure pack ( an Amusement center) is a legacy for a Gov. After 8 years?

P.h residents find it difficulty to buy tickets.

Which other Legacy does wike have?

When Gov. Udom is busy building factories, from string production, Airline to rice mill creating job opportunities in Akwa ibom.

Tell me one major job creation ventures that wike has created?

Your here talking about pleasure park that 89% of Rivers People can't afford as a legacy.

U go school at all?

Just respect yourself!!!

280 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by TonyOputa(m): 7:59am On Jun 17, 2020
Fuckyoumod:
Stop writing nonsense here!

So pleasure pack is a legacy for a Gov. After 8 years?

When Gov. Udom is busy building factories, from string, Airline to rice mill creating job opportunities in Akwa ibom.

Your here talking about pleasure park.
Just respect yourself!!!

Why do you have difficulty with understanding?

Common sense that comes so easy, how can it be so hard for you?

The Port Harcourt Pleasure Park will stand as ONE OF HIS LEGACY PROJECT, how does that transcend to being wike “Legacy for 8 Years?”

How does 2015-2020 count for 8 years?

Why do you choose to be unfortunate?

300 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2020

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Zino990(m): 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2020
GeeJack:

The worst part is you actually have to pay to use the park lmao
Seriously how much

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by nonslike: 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2020
Zino990:

Seriously how much
N300 for parking
N200 or so for gate pass
Once instead
beer etc are standard price , cinema. kids games . You can buy at the gate or you buy inside .

19 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Okortor: 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2020
Gov Wike is doing well.. kudos

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by BrandAlliances: 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
I have always loved everything about you. Even what I didn't understand. And I have always known that, at heart, I would have you no different. But most people don't know how to love. Nothing is enough for them. They must have their dreams.

It's the only thing they do well. Dreaming.
They dream up obligations. New ones every day. They long for undiscovered countries, fresh demands, another call. While some of us are left with the knowledge that love can never wait. A shared bed, a hand in yours, that's the only thing that matters. The worst thing of all is fear. The fear of being alone.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by BeautifulWoman(f): 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
wink
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by sanemind2(m): 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
The money hub of Rivers State

Meanwhile

Copy Hd movies series, cartoon, action,romance etc into your hard drive if you are in port Harcourt or buy preloaded external drive,otg flash with movies,check signature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by jamesversion: 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
Wike trying to launder Image. We won't forget he demolished two hotels for no just cause.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by sanemind2(m): 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
Ok cool
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
UDOM is far far far better than WIKE

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
Commendable acheivement for wike!
tourism is an important part of development, it attracts investment to a state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by StephenBB(m): 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
Without a roller coaster...its incomplete

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
Tapout:

oga relax...your write up is like comparing lagos to Ogun. This is just one of his many achievements in rivers state. Do u know how many factories and companies are in rivers state?? Rivers state has an international airport and an airforce base which has a standed runway which can also serve as an alternative for your "akwaibom airplanes" to land. If rivers state decide to own an airline, it would do so without blinking. The pleasure park didn't it create job opportunities too?? Una dey quick to throw shades for here without thinking. Udom is doing well in his own capacity, likewise wike.
We are comparing present govts and you're comparing states.
are you being serious? did wike build any of those things you're using for comparison?
those projects were initiated by other govts, let wike initiate and complete his own!
Stop celebrating mediocrity.

15 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2020
Okay
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by haconjy(m): 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
hummm!!!
I think Nigeria can be great again under some responsible Southern government and not some killers, Northerners

6 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by sexylassie2(f): 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
You mean a park is a legacy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by dauntless15(m): 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
We celebrate mediocre stuff like this as if it's a favor, they owe you this and more, so what are you applauding him for?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by graciabelle: 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
wink
Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2020
I hope some uncivilized fellow will not go and defecate there

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by vivilafrosh(f): 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2020
EVILFOREST:
UDOM is far far far better than WIKE
lies

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2020
Rubbish post

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by visijo(m): 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2020
She invites you for lunch You Carry a condom in your pocket�
For What??

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by SILVERLINES: 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
OP thunder go fire you for making this useless post here.

So you call this a legacy?
I urge you to look into other states governors scores, the likes of Borno State, Enugu State, Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom State and see the projects this states executed in their five years administration and you will find out that Wike is a jerk.

Celebrating flyovers and pleasure parks.
It baffles me that most Rivers State indigen especially those celebrating Wike are brainless, they have no job, no empowerment yet they are celebrating mediocrity.

Wike carrying his stomach like jeepee tank around Rivers promoting his failure is an embarrassment.

17 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. by PeaceNexus(m): 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
The place is cool, though over crowded especially during celebration periods.

Wike finishes most of his projects. The flyover at Artillery and other locations within PH are nearing completion.

Initially I thought it was going to be the kind of project that take years but look at where we are today.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The World's Largest Cruise Ship Almost Ready To Set Sail | See People Reactions. / Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK / Kids Playing On 3rd Mainland Bridge After Being Shut (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.