Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,424 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

The Undesired Bride - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Undesired Bride (29352 Views)

Undesired Neighbors / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / The Child Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Undesired Bride by Stargurl20(f): 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2020
Hey, guys!
This is my very first time of writing a story, and I would really like to know what you guys opine.
I'm neither a professor of English language, nor a student. Therefore, any constructive criticisms from you guys will be highly appreciated by me.

*The undesired bride*
*Episode one*

"Bamidele!, It's been seven months. Seven fucking months we've been married, and you still couldn't acknowledge the fact that I'm your wife.
Your lawfully wedded wife!" Wuraola managed to voice out in the middle of her tears.

"Wura, I've told you severally that you and I will never be a husband and wife in that sense, but it seems you fail to understand that, don't you?" Bamidele said and walked out of their bedroom angrily, indifferent of Wuraola's grief.

Wuraola slumped on the the floor and cried bitterly while recalling the first day she set her eyes on Bamidele. It was undoubtedly a love at first sight.

That very day she was introduced by her parents who were family friend of Mr. And Mrs. Mobolaji, was the day she felt something strange she hasn't felt for any other man in years of her existence.

Being a beautiful and well cultured lady, she has always been the dream woman of any man she comes accross except Bamidele's.

How her not just pulchritudinous appearance, but also inner beauty as people would always compliment her..., Didn't caught the fancy of bamidele puzzles her.

She wouldn't dispute the fact that their union was arranged without Bamidele's consent as both parents felt it was the best thing to do in order to prolong both families' friendship.

6 Likes

Re: The Undesired Bride by damselposh(f): 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
Good, but too short.
bring it on.
Re: The Undesired Bride by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2020
Even if I don’t follow the thread, just know that I appreciate your use of tribal names in your story.
cool
Re: The Undesired Bride by Stargurl20(f): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2020
Episode 2

" Bam, Bam!" Maleek hailed, on sighting Bamidele has he entered their usual place of meetings.

"What's up, nigga?" Bamidele asked while extending his hands for a handshake.

" I'm cool. How're you and our beautiful wife?" Maleek inquired.

"She's fine." He replied indifferently.

"Where's Kore?" Bamidele asked sitting on their favorite black leather couch at the extreme end of of the club emitting beam of several lights.

"He went out not long ago to run his usual business." He responded.

" Hmm.. I hope woman wouldn't be his end someday." Bamidele uttered.

While Bamidele and Maleek were chit chatting, Korede walked in with a tall dark skinned beautiful lady, with curves in the right places.

" Hey, guys! meet Kemisola.
Kemisola, meet my friends - Bamidele and
Maleek. He introduced.

" Hi, kemi." Bamidele greeted.

" Hi, beautiful.." Maleek also greeted.

While Korede and Kemisola were acting all lovey dovey, Maleek and Bamidele were also engrossed in business discussions.

After they were all done for the night, they called
it a day.

----------

Wuraola sat on the furry chocolate couch adjacent to the TV set, awaiting Bamidele's arrival.

Her patience was running out and just when she was about to call Bamidele's phone, she heard a car honk and became relieved.

" Welcome, honey. Go take a shower and come eat your food. I prepared your favorite - fried rice, plantain and turkey." Wuraola welcomed him and received his brief case.

" Wura, what's all these sweet names calling and you preparing my food about?. Haven't I made my self clear enough?!" He yelled.

" I.... J-just thought you will be happy having your favorite after a long day at the office" she explained while trying to hold onto the tears threatening to evade her eyes.

6 Likes

Re: The Undesired Bride by Jentle244: 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2020
Popcorn seller where art thou

Nice one...love the punctuation marks and All

Try and make each episode longer cheers

Ann2012
Come ooo and call all your gengs them
Re: The Undesired Bride by Khriztarl(f): 12:10am On Jun 18, 2020
Space taken
Re: The Undesired Bride by enirock(m): 12:23am On Jun 18, 2020
ha! I came early today and for that one saying I crashland, just leave me and my crashlanding.

Where is this Osas of a boy... Bring that expensive red wine in the bar because this wuruola fried rice go make sense.

Op carry on
Re: The Undesired Bride by Ann2012(f): 8:30am On Jun 18, 2020
Jentle244:
Popcorn seller where art thou

Nice one...love the punctuation marks and All

Try and make each episode longer cheers

Ann2012
Come ooo and call all your gengs them
Pass me popcorn pls
Re: The Undesired Bride by Ann2012(f): 8:33am On Jun 18, 2020
EkopSparoAyara
Skubido
Adesina12
Prudysara

Call on others pls, popcorn and pepsi is also available

4 Likes

Re: The Undesired Bride by Stargurl20(f): 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2020
Episode 3

After ignoring his ringing cellphone for the umpteenth time, Bamidele reluctantly picked his phone which clearly displayed 'Sweet mum'.

" Ekaro, Ma. ( Good morning, ma). " He greeted.

" Bawo ni omo mi?. ( How're you, my son?). I hope you and your wife are doing great?" Mrs. Mobolaji inquired.

" Yes, ma'am. We're doing great." Bamidele responded wondering if his mum had called just to inquire about his so called wife.

"My son, I will like you and your wife to come over for dinner this coming Friday. Your dad and I are yearning to see you, dear."

" All right, ma'am. We will come."

" Take care of yourself and your wife,Son." Mrs. Mobolaji said and hung up the phone.

-------

Bamidele succintly scanned every coners of the cream color painted bedroom in search of Wuraola.

He stood up and made his way towards the frosted glass bathroom door, and placed his right ear to eavesdrop if he could hear the sound of water drop. He descended the stairs when he couldn't hear any, and walked towards the kitchen.

" Where on earth could she be so... early." He grumbled.

He stood rootedly at the kitchen's entrance as he sighted Wuraola and became mesmerized by his wife's curvy backside. Truth be told, she's indeed a beauty to behold, but there's more to marriage than beauty afterall....he thought to himself.

" Mom has requested us to come over for dinner by evening tomorrow. Make sure you're prepared by the time I'm back from the office, am I clear?!." He asked and left without hearing her response.

Meanwhile, Wuraola has been pondering for days on how to speak to Bamidele about her intentions on hunting job. She could no longer put up with her loneliness, and felt getting a job that would keep her occupied, would suffice.

" Bamidele, I need to speak to about something." She said softly...

" Go on...., You've less than five minute." He said.

" I...I..was thinking if I could get a job...., I could be doing rather than staying at home all day doing nothing." Wuraola explained while clutching the hem of her spaghetti top, which slightly exposed cleavage has been cause of distractions to Bamidele since he's been standing before her, but trying hard to comport himself.

" Whatever sails your boat, madam." He said hurriedly and made his way out of their sumptuous looking living room.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Undesired Bride by Ann2012(f): 2:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
What could the problem be

Well done OP
Re: The Undesired Bride by Stargurl20(f): 8:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
Episode 4

" Hello, Biola. I called to inquire about the vacant position at your Dad's company we discussed the other day.

I t-think... I should give it a trial." Wuraola said.

" It's fine, Wuraola. I'm glad you willing to try.
All you deserve is happiness, my dear...Not all that sorry excuse for a man is putting you through." Biola spoke.

After Wuraola narrated all she's been going through in her marriage to her friend Biola, she had advised her to file for a divorce, get a job and stop being the shadow of her former self.

She commented on how lean she's become and even informed her about the vacant position in her Dad's company.

She thought about the job offer, however, divorce is one thing she will never consider filing for.

She would never think of losing Bamidele to some random woman, as she's always been hopeful that someday..., She will gain her husband's affection.

--------------------------------------------

Bamidele honk his car while driving towards the white painted giant gate.. enclosing more than half of a luxurious sky blue painted duplex.

Wuraola and Bamidele alighted the car.
Abdul the gate man ran towards them.

" Small Oga and madam, welicome" Abdul greeted in his hausa accent.

" How are you, Abdul" Bamidele asked.
" I dey, small Oga. Small madam, you jas dey fine efriday." Abdul complimented.
Bamidele glared at him and walked angrily into the large house, while Wuraola followed behind him.

" Eh... Eh... Ema wo le eyin omo mi (welcome my children)." Said Mrs. Mobolaji.

" Eku role, ma. ( Good evening,ma)." Bamidele greeted, and prostrated to his mum, while Wuraola kneel down to greet her mother-in-law.

" Ekare eyin omo mi ( well done my children)."

" Where's dad?" Bamidele asked as he made his way towards the large couch with his wife.
" He's upstairs." His mother replied.

Having heard Bamidele's voice from his room, Mr. Mobolaji knew his son and daughter-in-law has arrived. He walked down the stairs slowly... With smile plastered on his face.

" Welcome, Son. Iyawo mi. How've you been? I hope this young man is taking good care of you? " Mr. Mobolaji jokingly inquired.

" Yes, Sir." Wuraola answered as she also kneel to greet her father-in-law while Bamidele prostated.

They were all seated at the large dinning table decorated with different kinds of food and drinks, ranging from main dishes to side dishes as well as fruit wines.

Mrs. Mobolaji must have worked so... hard in preparing everyone's favorite, Wuraola thought to herself.

" How have you been, Wuraola dear?." Mrs. Mobolaji asked for the umpteenth time.
" I'm fine, Ma'am." She replied.

Hum! Hum!. Mrs. Mobolaji cleared her throat.
" It's been approximately eight months you both have been married, and your father and I havent seen any signs of our grandchild.

I'm not pressuring you dear.... I just want to know if you both have decided to take your time or... is there a problem, dear?" Mrs. Mobolaji asked looking anxious.

" We're working on it ma'am. Very soon ... We will give you and Dad the good news you both have been waiting for."

All this while, Bamidele was staring at Wuraola, wondering how easy it was for her to make up such story.

" All right, dear. We will be anticipating. Bammy, make sure shag your wife well in the other room." Mr. Mobolaji winked, and Mrs. Mobolaji laughed.

After they'll had dinner and several discussions, Bamidele suddenly checked his gold wrist watch and it was already 9:45 p m.

"Mum, Dad, it's almost 10 p m, we will take our leave now." He heralded.

" All right, son. Good night. Take care of yourself and your wife." Mr. And Mrs. Mobolaji said simultaneously.

Bamidele and Wuraola were accompanied by Mr. and Mrs. Mobolaji to where their car was parked as they drove out of the parking lot.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Undesired Bride by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 19, 2020
So living this story.

Reminds me a lot about Taking Chances by Princesa that year.

@stargurl20 you're doing a wonderful job here. Keep it up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Undesired Bride by Stargurl20(f): 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Episode 5

Wuraola drove into a huge building with 'Lewis insurance company' boldly carved on the exterior outlook, and parked her 2014 wine Toyota Avalon at the parking lot.

She inhaled, and picked up her credentials from the passenger's seat before alighting her car.

"Good morning, babe. I'm in your office premises" She said as she speaks to Biola over the phone.

" Wow! Morning, babe. Please, request one of the securities to show you the way to the
reception.

When you get there, the receptionist will say the descriptions to my office." Biola said.

" All right, B." She replied and hung up.

Wuraola walked into the reception beautifully adorned with several colors, cooperately dressed in a dark blue kneel length gown accentuating her curves as well as complimenting her brown skin.

" Good morning." She greeted the fair beautiful receptionist with a warm smile.

" Morning, ma'am. Welcome to 'Lewis insurance company'. How may I help you, ma'am?" The receptionist asked reciprocating her smile.

" I'm Wuraola Mobolaji. I'm here for the interview scheduled for 8am this morning." She said.

" All right, ma'am. Please, go straight, take the elevator by your left, and press the 7th floor button.

When you get there, enter the office with door adjacent to the elevator with ' Director's' written on it." The receptionist described.

" All right, thank you." She said in appreciation.

"Most welcome, ma'am." The receptionist replied.

Wuraola knocked on the tinted glass door.

" Babe, come in and stop being formal jhor..." Biola said in sarcasm.

" Wow!, Babe. Na madam you be o...." Wuraola exclaimed.

" You don start with you flattering, abi? No dey whine me Jare."

" Swears, babe... Your office is really beautiful." She complimented while moving around to view the large office properly.

" Let's get to business. You can satisfy your curiosity later, babe." Biola said.

" All right, where's the interviewer? Here are my credentials." She asked and Biola laughed out loud.

" Babe, I trust your capabilities. I'm not being nepotistic here....because I'm aware of your principles.

All I will be doing now is...show you how things are done here...., And introduce you to few staff you will be working with."

------------

Biola had requested the staff to converge at the conference room. She shashayed into the conference room with Wuraola...

" Morning everyone. Here's the newly employed human resources personnel - Wuraola Mobolaji." She briefly introduced.

Wuraola stood up as she gave few speech. All this while, Olaniyi was staring at her with gawk, that when she proceeded to have an handshake with him, like she did with other staff, he was carried away by her beauty... That he couldn't let go of her hand until she coughed and brought him back from his trance.

" I'm so... Sorry." Niyi said feeling embarrassed.

" It's fine..." Wuraola said.

4 Likes

Re: The Undesired Bride by PrudySara(f): 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
I can't miss this, lemme grab a seat already.
Thanks dearie

YoungBruzzy, Emex100 where art thou??
Ann2012:
EkopSparoAyara
Skubido
Adesina12
Prudysara

1 Like

Re: The Undesired Bride by Premalik: 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
Nice story#following
Re: The Undesired Bride by Lyydia(f): 1:18am On Jun 20, 2020
��
Re: The Undesired Bride by Stargurl20(f): 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
Episode 6

It's been two weeks and three days since Wuraola began her new HR job at 'Lewis Insurance company'. Her new job is truly a perfect antidote for her loneliness.

Her interactions with her new co-workers has really been superb, that she wished she had started the job earlier. Nevertheless, it's better too late than never, she thought.

In those two weeks, Bamidele and Wuraola seldomly speak to each other. And despite the fact that he has always refused the food she cooks, it never stopped her from fulfilling her wifely duties.

She always leaves home before him after preparing his breakfast even when it's clear the food wouldn't be eaten by him, but his fully employed laundry man as she isn't the breakfast type, and returns prior his arrival to prepares his dinner which she ends up eating most times.

After a long... Day at the office having series of discussions centered on the company's progress, Wuraola ride in Olaniyi's black Lexus home, when her car suddenly developed some fault. He had offered to drop her home since Biola has left the building, and it will be difficult for her to get a cab at that time.

In the past few days, they've been good friends which has also got other staff talking.

Biola also noticed this and asked Wuraola to satisfy her curiosity.

" So.... You and that handsome dude I saw you with at the cafeteria. What's his name again....? Niyi, yes! Olaniyi, are seeing now, huh? and you couldn't tell me your best friend." Biola asked feigning hurt as she sat on Wuraola's office black leather chair.

" You're so... impossible!, B." Wuraola exclaimed and rolled her eyes.

" We ain't dating. Just friends. We're just friends. And besides, I would never think of cheating on Bamidele... Niyi is handsome but not as my Bammy..." Wuraola defended.

" Babe, as much as I wouldn't encourage cheating on one's partner, t-this... Your so called Bamidele doesn't deserve your loyalty.

He's been treating you with so much contempt since you are married. I...mean what kind of man treats such beautiful lady like you so...badly...?" Biola insituated getting furious.

" Look... I know Bamidele detest woman so much based on his past experience with his ex. But I know for a fact that he will never cheat on me.

He just need some time to get over his past ...and I'm willing to be patient with him. Trust me, with time..., He's gonna reciprocate my undying love for him."

" All right, madam undying love..... My own is ...do not push other men away in case you can no longer put up with your so.... Called Bammy stucked in his past." She said making an air quote.

---------------------------------------

Olaniyi drove into a large compound littered with few cars on Wuraola's instructions.

" Good night, Niyi. And...thanks for the ride."

" Good night, dear. Sleep tight." Niyi winked and drove out of the compound.

Meanwhile, Bamidele he's been waiting at the living room on Wuraola's arrival. He's been anxious about what could be keeping her so... Late at the office.

" It's so... Unlike her." He thought to him self.

He had thought of calling her several times, but he wouldn't give her the satisfaction of seeing him as a simp, he thought.

He instantaneously stood up when he heard the honk of a car coming from the compound, and exhaled. He walked closely to the Aluminum window concealed with chocolate color cotton, and flipped to the sides, as he looked through the window.

What he saw made him almost lost his balance. He controlled himself and tried suppressing the anger boiling within him.

" Good evening, dear. I'm so... Sorry.... I will j-ust make you dinner now." She sputtered.

Bamidele stood up suddenly...., With signs of infuriation clear cut in his red eyes and tone.

" Here we go again! Women are all fucking the same! No difference! They gonna stab you in the back at any slight opportunity. I just wish Mum,Dad, Maleek, Kore.... Were here. I wish ...they were here to see with their very own eyes how treacherous you are. T- that you ain't different from every other women out there, whom all they desire is money! Money! And more money!. Yet, they were all taken in by your beautiful innocent looks." He yelled and laugh hysterically.

" Bamidele, w- what do you mean by saying all these?. I've done nothing wrong.... To warrant these accusations. The meeting held at office today was unawares, and as the HR, it's necessary I'm present at the meeting. I....I even tried calling you several times to inform you that i would be late, but as always you p- probably ignored my calls."
She retorted in tears.

2 Likes

Re: The Undesired Bride by Ann2012(f): 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
Everything will be fine soon @Wuraola

Thanks for the update
Re: The Undesired Bride by PrudySara(f): 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
Bammy is treating her bad. But, what could be his reason for treating her this way??

Thanks for the update O.P
Re: The Undesired Bride by lahrra(f): 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
I feel for wuraola, i hope things turn around for good. Thank you Op for the updates.
Re: The Undesired Bride by damselposh(f): 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
nice one OP

But learn to reply comments on your thread, it makes communication flow well between you and your readers.

Otherwise, you are doing good.
Re: The Undesired Bride by Stargurl20(f): 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
lahrra:
I feel for wuraola, i hope things turn around for good. Thank you Op for the updates.

I hope so ....too. thanks for reading cool
Re: The Undesired Bride by Stargurl20(f): 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2020
damselposh:
nice one OP

But learn to reply comments on your thread, it makes communication flow well between you and your readers.

Otherwise, you are doing good.

Thanks @damselposh. I feel honored you're reading this. Thanks wink
Re: The Undesired Bride by Stargurl20(f): 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ann2012:
Everything will be fine soon @Wuraola

Thanks for the update
Most welcome @Ann. Take these kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: The Undesired Bride by Stargurl20(f): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
PrudySara:
Bammy is treating her bad. But, what could be his reason for treating her this way??

Thanks for the update O.P

We'll see.... cool. Thanks @ Sara * countless hugs*

1 Like

Re: The Undesired Bride by Khriztarl(f): 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
What can i say now.. Bami it's not fair o.. stargurl20 thumbsup to you..
Re: The Undesired Bride by damselposh(f): 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
Stargurl20:

Thanks @damselposh. I feel honored you're reading this. Thanks wink

you are welcome dear. Oya keep the updates rolling.
Re: The Undesired Bride by Khriztarl(f): 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
damselposh:

you are welcome dear. Oya keep the updates rolling.
English killers. They are here too. Dami where's your "brother" Enirock.
Re: The Undesired Bride by Ann2012(f): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
Stargurl20:

Most welcome @Ann. Take these kiss kiss kiss kiss

kiss
Re: The Undesired Bride by damselposh(f): 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
Khriztarl:

English killers. They are here too. Dami where's your "brother" Enirock.

hahahaha, he is on his way. he is preparing for his round of English scattering.
Re: The Undesired Bride by Adesina12: 9:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ann2012:
EkopSparoAyara
Skubido
Adesina12
Prudysara

On my way thank u

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Last Gang Standing 2: Killers and Fallen Kings.(Crime). / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics / Ancient Magic Of Nissin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.