Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Mistakes Of Salaah - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mistakes Of Salaah (22181 Views)

Common Mistakes After Hajj / 180 Steps In Observance Of Salaah / Common Mistakes During Ramadhan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 7:48am On Mar 02, 2011
zayhal:

May Allah reward our brothers' efforts.

If one is praying, say Ishai, and forgets/gets confused about the number of rakah he has observed, what should he do?

@Zayhal,

In this case one should observe sujud Ba'ad because when there is confused or either increasing or decreasing on the number of ra'akat by the praying person, Ba'ad is provided to complete and make his Salat to be perfect. Allahu A'alam.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by zayhal(f): 8:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
chakula:

@Zayhal,

In this case one should observe sujud Ba'ad because when there is confused or either increasing or decreasing on the number of ra'akat by the praying person, Ba'ad is provided to complete and make his Salat to be perfect. Allahu A'alam.

jazakallah khayran.

Please could you expantiate what you mean by 'ba'ad' for the sake of those who may not understand it and for further clarification for me too.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2011
Salam,

Please fallow the below link you should find the details information about Qabli and Ba'adi. Thank you.

http://www.weekly.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1667:salat-in-perspectives-ii&catid=49:philosofaith&Itemid=148
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by Araboy(m): 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2011
@zayhal let say if you pray isha and you forgot how many rakaat you have done just complete the four rakaats and perform Baadi 2 sajda(prosteration) after you have said Assalamu Alaykum and finished your Salat you don't have to do over your salat as Hajia Uplawal suggested and on other hand if you remember during your salat that you forgot to recite Surat or omitted tashahud or any of the Sunna you can make it up by performin Qabli ( which is two sajda (prostration) before you say  assalamu alaykum at the end of your prayer btw I don't pray myself but I am very versed in fikh(Islamic Law)   embarassed
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by azharuddin: 2:18am On Mar 04, 2011
Araboy:

btw I don't pray myself

Oh brother thats so unfortunate. Is it because of your work timings or something?
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by Araboy(m): 2:50am On Mar 04, 2011
@ azharuddin It's just because I ' m not a religious or practicing Muslim I 'm amaze how some people on this section think that praying in congregation is mandatory while it is only Sunna according to the four sunni schools of thought the only mandatory prayer in congregation is Jum'ah and only for men
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by azharuddin: 2:54am On Mar 04, 2011
Araboy:

It's just because I ' m not a religious or practicing Muslim

What happened in between, You lost faith in Allah?
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by Araboy(m): 3:17am On Mar 04, 2011
I lost faith in Muslims I believe Islam starts as very progressive religion that emphazise social justice equality between all people regardless of gender race or social status Islam also is a family oriented religion which make of the respect of the parents siblings and family one of the main aspects but today extremism took over most MuslimS nowdays are cheaters hypocrites terrorists and have no respect for human life
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by azharuddin: 3:50am On Mar 04, 2011
There might be a lot of Muslims going in the wrong way, that does not mean Islam is wrong. Islam is the way of Allah which is the right path. There will be always transgressors but shouldnt we try to 'enjoin good and forbid evil ' as it is said in the Quran. Dont you think you should make Salah and make dua for yourself and others to be guided in the right path. Come on brother never loose hope in Allah the Almighty, his Mercy is very very vast.
Why dont you start with Salat brother, you must already know this: "The similitude of the five (obligatory) Salat is like a river running at the door of one of you in which he takes a bath five times a day.'' I m sure you are not only knowledgable but you also have it in you to make it into action InshAllah.

May Allah guide all of us in the right path and increase our good deed and accept it.
Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by Araboy(m): 4:46am On Mar 04, 2011
Thank you for your advice and kindness You give hope that some good Muslims like you still there to Chakula sorry for derailing your thread and to Azharuddin maybe we can catch up on new thread

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by azharuddin: 5:17am On Mar 04, 2011
Araboy:

Thank you for your advice and kindness You give hope that some good Muslims like you still there to Chakula sorry for derailing your thread and to Azharuddin maybe we can catch up on new thread 
Sure bro.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 8:21am On Mar 11, 2011
9. Not reciting Al-Faatihah in the salaah; The recitation of Al-Faatihah is a pillar (rukn) and
the salaah of whoever does not recite it is void. This is according to the Prophet’s
(sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) saying: Whoever makes a salaah wherein Al-Faatihah is
not recited then it is khidaaj (miscarried) - and he repeated it three times –
incomplete. [Muslim from Abu Hurairah] Also reported in the two saheehs is the hadeeth
from ‘Ubaadah Ibn Saamit (radiallahu ‘anhu) marfoo’an (attributable to the Prophet,
sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam): The salaah is null for whoever has not recited the
Opening of the Book. In another wording from ‘Ubaadah: Could it be that you recite
behind your imaam? We said: Yes. He said: Don’t do so except with the Opening of
the Book (Al-Faatihah) for the salaah is null of whoever does not recite it. [Ahmed,
Abu Dawood, At-Tirmidhi, Ibn Hibbaan. This is evidence of its obligation for the follower.
Recitation of the follower is absolute or in the aloud prayers as opposed to what is long
known. Whether the recitation of Al-Faatihah is absolute or just in the prayers recited
aloud is an old difference of opinion among the scholars. Is it waajib or dropped? The
majority of scholars (al-jumhoor) say it is dropped however doing so is more clear from
possible error and more precaution for deen. Most of those who have the opinion of it
being dropped say that it is nevertheless desirable to recite it.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2011
10. Recitation of the Qur’aan in rukoo’ (bowing position) or during sujood (prostration).
This is prohibited based on a narration from ibn Abbaas (radiallahu ‘anhu) that the Prophet
(sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: I have been prevented from reciting the Qur’aan
while bowing or in prostration… [Muslim] Ali (radiallahu ‘anu) narrates he said: The
Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam prevented me from reciting the
Qur’aan while bowing or prostrating. [Muslim and others]
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 7:01pm On May 03, 2011
11. Raising the eyes to the sky during salaat or looking to the right and left without due
cause. As far as raising the eyes, it is forbidden and bears the threat of punishment. It is
narrated by Jabir Ibn Samurah (radiallahu ‘anhu) who said: The Messenger of allah
(sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: Let the people stop raising their eyes to the sky in the
salaah or let their sight not return to them. [Muslim]
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by miftaudeen(m): 10:18am On May 05, 2011
jazakumullahu khayrah
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 5:12pm On May 13, 2011
12. As far as looking around unnecessarily, it is a deficiency in the salaah of the worshipper
as long as he has not turned his entire body in another direction [i.e. away from the
Qiblah]. If however the entire body is turned then the salaah is invalidated. It is narrated
by ‘Aisha (radiallahu ‘anhaa) who said: I asked the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi
wa sallam) about looking around in the salaah. He said: It is misappropriation pilfered
by Shaitaan from the salaah of the worshipper. [Al-Bukhaari]. At-Tirmidhi also
collected an authentic hadeeth: Be warned of turning or looking around in the salaah
because it is destruction. And there are other ahadeeth on looking around in the
salaah.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by tolu001: 6:19pm On May 13, 2011
@post

This is a great thread, keep it up.

Meanwhile, on the issue of beginning the row directly behind the imam, i believe that applies to the first row alone, subsequent rows should start from the extreme right side of the imam and people should join in that direction according to some hadiths.

@Araboy
I think we are not suppose to base our actions and religious practices on what people (muslims or non-muslims alike) say or do but on the laws of Allah (S.W.T) and the teachings and practice of the holy prophet Muhammad (s.A.W)

May Allah guide us aright and make the deen easy for us. (Amin)
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 7:48am On May 18, 2011
13. Sitting on one’s haunches (Al-Iq’aa) during the salaah and prostrating with the elbows (Al-
Iftiraash) on the ground. Al-Iqaa’ is forbidden as related by Abu Hurairah (radiallahu
‘anhu) who said: My dear friend forbade me three things: He forbade me from pecking
like a rooster [just touching the head in prostration – trans], sitting on the
haunches like a dog, and looking around like a fox. Transmitted by Ahmed and others
and its isnaad (chain) has by graded hasan (good) by Al-Mundhiri and Al-Haithami.
The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) forbade a man from spreading his
arms on the ground like a beast of prey. Summarizing a hadeeth collected by Muslim
from ‘Aisha (radiallahu ‘anhaa) as well as by At-Tirmidhi, Ahmed and others from Jaabir
(radiallahu ‘anhu) marfoo’an (attributable to the Prophet): If any of you prostrates
(sajdah) then keep straight and not spread his arms like the sitting of a dog.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by muhsin(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2011
Salam,

May Allah bless and reward you, brother Chakula. Keep it up!
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by 13volts(m): 10:10pm On May 26, 2011
that is really good stuff. god bless you I really learn a lot
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 10:41am On May 27, 2011
13volts:

that is really good stuff. god bless you I really learn a lot

Your are Well come.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 11:07am On May 27, 2011
14. Wearing a thin (see-through) garment that does not sufficiently cover the ‘auwrah (private
area).
This is an invalidator of the salaah because covering one’s ‘auwrah is a condition
for a sound salaah. The man’s ‘aurah is - according to what is most authentic – from the
navel to the knee. Likewise he must cover his shoulders or one of them1 in accordance
with the statement of Allah: O children of Aadam wear you adornments to every
masjid. [Al-‘Araaf 31] It is sufficient to wear a single garment to cover the ‘auwrah
according to what is narrated from ‘Umar Ibn Salamah (radiallahu ‘anhu): He saw the
Messenger of allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam praying in a single garment (thowub) in
the house of Umm Salamah, he had cast both ends over himself. [Al-Bukhaari and
Muslim]
Ibn Qudaamah (rahimahullah) stated: It is obligatory to cover sufficiently to hide the color
of the skin, for if it is thin enough that the color of the skin may be seen from behind to the
extent that the whiteness or redness of the skin is percieved thane salaah in it is not
allowed in that covering has not been achieved.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 6:24pm On Jun 20, 2011
15. A woman not covering her head with the khimaar in salaah and not covering her feet. The
‘aurah of the woman in the sallah is her entire body with the exception of her face. Nor is
there any harm if she covers her face due to the passing by of men or the like. It is
obligatory for her to wear a khimaar which is a head covering that also covers the bosom.
This according to his (slallahu ‘aliahi wa sallam) statement: Allah does not accept the
salaah of the menstruating female unless she is wearing a khimaar. [Collected by
Ahmed and the collectors of the six most authentic books except An-Nisaa’i and it has be
authenticated by Ibn Khuzaimah and others. It is also obligatory that she cover the tops of
her feet in compliance with the hadeeth “The entire woman is ‘auwrah” Collected by At-
Tirmidhee with an authentic isnaad. Along this same meaning is what is transmitted by
Malik and abu Dawood and others from Muhammad Ibn Said Inb Qunfudh from his
mother who asked Umm Salamah (radiallahu ‘anhaa), the wife of the Prophet (sallallahu
‘alaihi wa sallam), about what garment a woman should pray in. She answered: She
1 The evidence for covering the shoulders is found in an authentic hadeeth in the collection of Abu
Dawood, however we were unable to determine why the shaykh exempts one shoulder.
should pray in a khimaar and a full, loose-fitting chemise that conceals the tops of
her feet. Also with this meaning is the hadeeth of Umm Salamah: Lower it by an arms
length.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
16. Walking in front of the praying person whether they be the imaam or praying alone and
stepping over the people during the Jumua’h khutbah. It is a sin upon the person who
passes in front of someone who is praying. If the one praying has no sutrah then it shold
be estimated to be at the place of prostration so the passerby should can pass beyond
that point. As narrated in the collections of al-Bukhari and Muslim by Abu Juhaim Ibn
Haarith (radiallahu ‘anhu), who said: The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam)
said: If the one who passes in front of the praying person knew how serious a sin it
was for him to do so it would have been better for him to wait for forty than walk in
front of him. [Forty may refer to forty days, months or years, and Allah knows best –
Trans.]
The one who pushes between the people during the Jumua’h khutbah harms people
through his being late for the salaah according to the statement of Al-Mustafah (sallallahu
‘alaihi wa sallam): Sit for you have caused harm and come late. [Ahmed and others.
Cutting between the people is forbidden. One who enters the masjid should sit where
there is space unless he sees a genuinely open area where he should then go to it and
sit.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by azharuddin: 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2011
JazakAllahu Khairan Bro,

May Allah make our intentions right and Make us all from the people of Jannah. Ameen.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 10:32am On Aug 11, 2011
17. Not saying the takbeeratul-ihraam (opening takbeer) when entering upon the
congregation while the imaam is in rukoo’. This is a major mistake in that the takbeeratulihraam
is a pillar (rukn) of the salaah that must be done by the one praying when standing
for the salaah and then afterwards join the imam in the bowing position (rukoo’). To make
the takbeer (al-ihraam) and then another takbeer before giong into rukoo’ is more
complete and thorough. Abu Hurairah (radiallahu ‘anhu) narrated: The Messenger of
Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) would make takbeer when he stood for the sallah
and would then make takbeer upon bowing.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2011
18. Not following the imaam (by getting in the same position) when coming late and the
imaam is sitting or in sujood (prostrating). It is most preferred and most sure for the one
who enters the masjid that he join the imaam in whatever position he may be in, whether
he be in sajdah or otherwise. It is reported by abu Dawood and others with a saheeh
isnaad that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: If you come to the
salaah and we are making sujood then you also make sujood. For a worshipper to
delay making sajdah is to have in effect prevented himself from an act of worship which
Allah loves. Ali Ibn Abi Talib and Mua’dh ibn Jabal (radiallahu ‘anhumaa) both stated: The
Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: If one of you comes to the salaah
and the imaam is in a position then do what the imaam is doing. This is collected by
At-Tirmidhi with a weak isnaad however it is in agreement with the preceeding hadeeth. It
is also strengthened by a narration collected by Abu Dawood from Mua’dh (radiallahu
‘anhu): I never saw him (the imaam) in a position except I was also upon it. The
Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: Verily Mua’dh has performed an
act that is good for you too, so do likewise.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2011
19. Busying oneself with matters that take one away from the salaah. This is evidence of
preference of the wordly life over that of the Hereafter, following vain desires and being
too busy to obey Allah. This is indeed ruination and of evil consequence to whoever does
it. Allah ta’aala says: O you who believe, let not yuor wealth or your children divert
you from the remembrance of Allah for whyosoever does that will be among the
losers. [Al-Munafiqoon 9] And He says in praise of the believers: Men who are not
diverted by business or trade from the remembrance of Allah and performance of
salaah. [An-Noor 37] Preoccupation with any act over the salaah or that leads to being
negligant or lazy toward it such as staying up too lateand the like, is not permissible. This
is because anything that leads to what is haraam is itself haraam, and Allah is the One
who guides to the right path.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by BetaThings: 5:18pm On Nov 24, 2011
Araboy:

@ azharuddin It's just because I ' m not a religious or practicing Muslim I 'm amaze how some people on this section think that praying in congregation is mandatory while it is only Sunna according to the four sunni schools of thought  the only mandatory prayer in congregation is Jum'ah and only for men

How do we relate to this ahadeeth then?

(1) Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "By Him in Whose Hand my life is, I sometimes thought of giving orders for firewood to be collected, then for proclaiming the Adhan for Salat. Then I would appoint an Imam to lead Salat, and then go to the houses of those who do not come to perform Salat in congregation, and set fire to their houses on them.''

And Allah knows best
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

(2) `Abdullah bin Umm Maktum, the Mu'adhdhin (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I said to the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam): "There are many poisonous insects and wild beasts in Al-Madinah, and I am blind. Please grant me permission to perform Salat at home.'' He (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) enquired whether he could hear the call: Hayya `alas-Salah; Hayya `alal-Falah (Come to the prayer, come to the salvation). When he replied in affirmative, the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) directed him to come (to mosque) for prayer.''
[Abu Dawud].

Allah knows best
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 9:16am On Dec 09, 2011
20. Playing with one’s clothing or watch or the like. This is an act that negates khushoo’. The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) forbade rubbing pebbles during the
salaah due to its negative effect on khushoo’ when he said: If any of you performs the
prayer let him not rub pebbles for mercy is turned towards him. [Ahmed and the six
collections of hadeeth with an authentic isnaad] A person might increase playing around
to the point of excessive movement that is outside of the salaah and thereby nullify i
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 10:37am On Dec 16, 2011
21. Closing the eyes for no reason. This is a objectionable act (makrooh) as Ibn Al-Qayyim
(rahimahullah) mentioned: “Closing the eyes was not from the guidance of the Rasool
(sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam).” He also said: “The scholars of fiqh have differed on its
detestability. Imam Ahmed and others deemed it detestable and they said that it was of
the habits of the Jews. However a group of them ruled it allowable without any
detestablility and they said that it may indeed be a closer means of achieving khushoo’
which is the spirit of the salaah, its heart and its aim.”
“Most correct is that if keeping the eyes open has no detrimental effect upon khushoo’
then it is preferable to do it. If decorations, adornments or the like are around the
worshipper or between him and the qiblah to the point of distraction, then there is
absolutely no objection to closing the eyes. Indeed the statement that to do so is
desirable (mustahabb) in this case is closer to the spirit of the law and its aims than the
statement that it is objectionable. And Allah knows best.”
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2011
22. Eating or drinking or laughing in the salaah thus nullifying it. As far as eating and drinking
there is consensus with regards to the fardh. Ibn Al-Mundhir stated: "The scholars (Ahlul-
‘Ilm) are in consensus agreement that the one praying is forbidden from eating and
drinking. There is also consensus among them that to do so intentionally necessitates
repetition of the salaah." Ibn Al-Mundhir also transmits that there is consensus that the
salaah is nullified by laughing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets / Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.