Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Mistakes Of Salaah - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mistakes Of Salaah (22179 Views)

Common Mistakes After Hajj / 180 Steps In Observance Of Salaah / Common Mistakes During Ramadhan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 2:59pm On Jan 20, 2012
23. Raising the voice in recitation to the point of distracting those around. It is recommended
(mustahabb) that one hears himself, not to the point that it interrupts anyone who is
reciting the Qur’aan or making salaah. Al-Bukhaari and Muslim both transmit from
‘Umraan Ibn Husain (radiallahu ‘anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa
sallam) prayed Dhuhr and there was a man behind him reciting ‘sabbihisma rabbikal-
‘alaa’ , so when he (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) finished he said: Who among you was
reciting or who was the reciter? The man said, "Me." So he (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam)
said: I thought that some of you were disputing with me in it. The scholars state: The
meaning of his words is a disapproval of the act. Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah) stated:
Whoever is reciting the Qur’aan and the people are praying additional prayer then it is not
correct for him to recite aloud thus disturbing them because the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alaihi
wa sallam) left some of his companions while they were praying As-Sahr (before dawn)
and he said: O people, each of you is seeking salvation from his Rabb therefore do not
overpower one another with your recitation.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
24. Crowding in on those who are praying. This is a type of forbidden inflicting of harm. It is
upon the praying person to pray in a place where the space ends unless he sees an
opening sufficient for him to pass and then there is no harm. However, to cause harm,
especially on Yaum Al-Jumu’ah (Friday), is generally forbidden. The Prophet (sallallahu
‘alaihi wa sallam) said about those who cut the prayer line: Sit, for you have harmed and
come late.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by miftaudeen(m): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
salam alaykum brother chakula.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by Abujabir24: 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2012
Assalamu Alaikum. This is my first time of opening this page. Can i continue from where you stopped? @poster?
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 11:55am On Apr 03, 2012
Abujabir24: Assalamu Alaikum. This is my first time of opening this page. Can i continue from where you stopped? @poster?
salam Abujabir it is very good to have someone interested on this topic and however why shouldn't you continue posting? Keep this thread alive is a duty for every muslim i will be glady welcome you keep it up.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by Abujabir24: 12:08am On Apr 08, 2012
25. Not making the lines straight. Allah has ordered the proper performance of salaah saying
"And establish (aqeemu) the salaah". The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) has
likewise stated: Straighten your lines for verily straightening of the lines is a part of correct
performance of salaah (iqaamis-salaah). Al-Bukhaari and Muslim from Anas. Also Al-
Bukhaari narrates from An-Nu’maan Ibn Basheer (radiallahu ‘anhu): Straighten your lines
or Allah will cause opposition between your hearts. The order to straighten the lines and
taking care to do so is mentioned in a number of hadeeth. (It should also be mention that
this includes not leaving any gaps in the lines as is all too commonly neglected – Ed.)
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2012
Jazakallah kharain ya Akhy!
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by Abdul010: 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
Assalamu alaikum brodas, pls i nid ur assistance cuz i dnt knw if i'm ryt, it was during zuhr prayer i.e afta i recite fatiha n sura in d 1st 2 raka instead of me 2 say tahiya b4 i stood up, i forgot i jst stood up n continued it was in d course of reciting fatiha dt i remembered dt i hadnt sat 4 tahiya bt i didnt stopped i continued d remaining 2 rakat n sat down recite d tahiya n did salam n i intended ba'di n did 2 sujada again n repeated tahiya n finally end d prayer. Pls i nid correction.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
Abdul010: Assalamu alaikum brodas, pls i nid ur assistance cuz i dnt knw if i'm ryt, it was during zuhr prayer i.e afta i recite fatiha n sura in d 1st 2 raka instead of me 2 say tahiya b4 i stood up, i forgot i jst stood up n continued it was in d course of reciting fatiha dt i remembered dt i hadnt sat 4 tahiya bt i didnt stopped i continued d remaining 2 rakat n sat down recite d tahiya n did salam n i intended ba'di n did 2 sujada again n repeated tahiya n finally end d prayer. Pls i nid correction.

it is ok to perform sujud ba'adi and have your salat corrected.

Allah A'alam.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
26. Not making the lines straight. Allah has ordered the proper performance of salaah saying
"And establish (aqeemu) the salaah". The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) has
likewise stated: Straighten your lines for verily straightening of the lines is a part of correct
performance of salaah (iqaamis-salaah). Al-Bukhaari and Muslim from Anas. Also Al-
Bukhaari narrates from An-Nu’maan Ibn Basheer (radiallahu ‘anhu): Straighten your lines
or Allah will cause opposition between your hearts. The order to straighten the lines and
taking care to do so is mentioned in a number of hadeeth. (It should also be mention that
this includes not leaving any gaps in the lines as is all too commonly neglected – Ed.)
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by miftaudeen(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
salam alaykum @ all. thanks for your enlightment chakula
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 9:04am On Nov 06, 2012
miftaudeen: salam alaykum @ all. thanks for your enlightment chakula

Wasalam, miftaudeen longest time I hope life is good, BTW how is Sallah? And I am expecting my sallah gifts from you when should I expect the deliverance? Don’t question me how to send it, courier is your friend. Lol. grin grin grin
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 9:08am On Nov 08, 2012
27. Putting the right hand upon the left and raising them to the neck. This is in contradiction to
the sunnah because the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) used to put his right hand
over his left upon his chest. This is in a hadeeth of Hasan from several weak
transmissions in themselves but that in conjunction strengthen themselves. The sunnah is
also to place the hands on the middle of the chest or upon the heart because the heart is
in the chest as Allah ta’aala states: It is the hearts within the breasts that are blind.
Raising the hands (making takbeer) when going into sujood or when rising out of it. It is
an error to lift the hands to the neck and this opposes the sunnah. What is attributed to Ali
(radiallahu ‘anhu) in the explanation of the verse: So therefore pray to your Rabb and
sacrifice (wanhar – in which the verb is construed as referring to the neck [an-nahr] –Ed.)
is weak and does not constitute a proof. (Also incorrect is the incorrect practice of holding
one’s hands upon or below the navel as there is no substantiated proof from the
authenticated sunnah for this practice – Ed)
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 9:11am On Nov 08, 2012
27. Putting the right hand upon the left and raising them to the neck. This is in contradiction to
the sunnah because the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) used to put his right hand
over his left upon his chest. This is in a hadeeth of Hasan from several weak
transmissions in themselves but that in conjunction strengthen themselves. The sunnah is
also to place the hands on the middle of the chest or upon the heart because the heart is
in the chest as Allah ta’aala states: It is the hearts within the breasts that are blind.
Raising the hands (making takbeer) when going into sujood or when rising out of it. It is
an error to lift the hands to the neck and this opposes the sunnah. What is attributed to Ali
(radiallahu ‘anhu) in the explanation of the verse: So therefore pray to your Rabb and
sacrifice (wanhar – in which the verb is construed as referring to the neck [an-nahr] –Ed.)
is weak and does not constitute a proof. (Also incorrect is the incorrect practice of holding
one’s hands upon or below the navel as there is no substantiated proof from the
authenticated sunnah for this practice – Ed)
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 9:11am On Nov 09, 2012
28. Raising the hands at the time of sujood or when rising out of sujood. This is in opposition
to the well-known sunnah that has been transmitted by most of the companions who
narrated about raising the hands. The student of (sharee'ah) knowledge should stick with
the well-known sunnah unless in privacy though he may believe a deed to be more
correct from the sunnah that nonetheless contradicts the practice of the generality of the
scholars. The imaam of the people should do what is known, for what is commonly and
well-known to be the sunnah upon which the majority of the scholars' practice, is sufficient
and satisfactory. (The wisdom here is that for a student to insist upon public practice of
that which is not regarded by the scholars generally as the sunnah may lead to harm and
confusion which would amount to forsaking a fardh, i.e. the prevention of harm, for the
sake of a establishing a sunnah - and one which is not totally agreed upon at that - and
would thus fall into error. The scholars do not generally unite upon any practice without
evidence, although the qualified student may disagree a given ruling or conclusion based
upon his understanding of the texts and after sincere and thorough study and reaching a
state of being personally satisfied with its outcome. – Ed.)
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 10:23am On Nov 20, 2012
29. Hastiness of some imaams in the salaah and lack of tranquility within it, thus not allowing
time for the followers to be tranquil in their salaah or time to recite Al-Faatihah, especially
in the last rak’ah. The imam is responsible for making the quality of the salaah good
because he is being followed. It is therefore his duty to take care of following the Sunnah,
and tranquility is a pillar (rukn) that the imam is more obliged to take care of due to his
being followed. Likewise, the recitation of Al-Faatihah is a rukn that the followers in the
salaah must be given enough time to fulfill. We have already presented the evidence for
the obligation of maintaining tranquility (tama’neenah) and reciting Al-Faatihah.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by highbeekeys(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2017
chakula:
2. Delaying the salaah from its appointed time. This is a violation according to the word of
Allah ta’aala: Verily the salaah has been appointed for the believers at specific times
(mawqoot). [Al-Qur’aan 4:103] Al-Mawqoot indicates a specific appointed time and the
postponement of sallah beyond the obligatory time (fardh) is a major sin and Allah is the
one upon Whom we depend. On the authority of Anas who said: I heard the Messenger
of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) saying: This is the salaat of the hypocrite
(munaafiq); when he sits observing the sun until it is between the horns of
Shaitaan, then he stands to perform four (rak’ah) remembering Allah little. [Muslim]
If this is the salaah of the hypocrite then what of the salaah of someone who postpones
the prayer until the complete period of the salaat has passed without any excuse?
Please I've been looking for answers on what to say on the last sittings of salat... Like people jst say "ataiyah tulilah... Is that all?
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by chakula: 10:23am On Mar 31, 2017
highbeekeys:

Please I've been looking for answers on what to say on the last sittings of salat... Like people jst say "ataiyah tulilah... Is that all?

Yes. Ataiyah up to its end plus any du'a available for you to recite or say befor the final teslim.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by highbeekeys(m): 11:21am On Mar 31, 2017
chakula:

Yes. Ataiyah up to its end plus any du'a available for you to recite or say befor the final teslim.
Thanks... Jazakum
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by Alhassanu(m): 5:52pm On Mar 31, 2017
highbeekeys:

it was recommended by the prophet to say salawat to him after the tahiya, then seek refuge from 4 things (Allahumma inni a'uzubika min azabil qabr, wa azabi jahannan, Wa min fitnatil mahya wal mamat, Wa min fitnati masihad-dajjal), then whatever supplications you like.
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by Alhassanu(m): 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by Sheamus007(m): 6:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
brothers in d house...is salat spoilt when an image is being attached on d wall when praying but d position of the salat is not facing d image
Re: Mistakes Of Salaah by bellocity(m): 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2017
Jazakhallahu khairan, may Allah reword u all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets / Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.