Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault (29105 Views)

Chelsea Reject £17.6m From Arsenal For David Luiz / Cesc Fabregas And David Luiz Share Love-up Snaps To Celebrate Valentine’s Day / David Luiz Explains His Reason For Giving Away Penalty At Atletico (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by ogbiwa: 7:06am On Jun 18, 2020
[b]Arsenal defender David Luiz accepted responsibility for their 3-0 defeat at Manchester City, but said he still hopes to play for the club again.

Luiz, who is out of contract at the end of the month, was sent off to cap an error-strewn return to action.

"It's my fault," the 33-year-old said. "The team did well, especially with 10 men. The coach is amazing, all the players are amazing, it was my fault.

"I want to be here. The coach knows. He wants me to stay."

Luiz only joined Arsenal last summer - moving from Chelsea on deadline day for £8m - but he was left on the bench against City amid confusion surrounding his contract status.

He came on in the 24th minute after Pablo Mari was injured, and was at fault for Raheem Sterling's opener.

He then hauled down Riyad Mahrez to give away a penalty and was sent off. The suspension will mean he has played his final game for Arsenal unless he extends his deal.

"I should have taken a different decision in the last two months but I didn't," he told Sky Sports.

"All about my contract, if I stay here or not. I have 14 days to be here and that's it. I should have tried to decide my future as early as possible, but I didn't.

"I don't want to use that as an alibi or excuse, it's my fault - that's it. I love to be here. That's why I continue to train hard."

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta would not criticise the defender, and said his display would have no bearing on a decision to exercise the option on his contract.

"He has spoken in the dressing room," Arteta said. "David is someone who is very honest.

"My opinion has not changed from the moment I joined the team and it won't change because of a difficult performance tonight."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53044957

4 Likes

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Kriss216: 7:08am On Jun 18, 2020
Assnal Lives Matter!

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Tomtomy98: 7:13am On Jun 18, 2020
Lol
Idiot

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by nzeobi(m): 7:29am On Jun 18, 2020
This Luiz is a very careless and reckless defender.
Today he plays well, tomorrow and next he is rubbish.

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Skyetv: 7:37am On Jun 18, 2020
Yh
Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by BrandAlliances: 7:37am On Jun 18, 2020
it’s completely okay to fall down sometimes!! life is hard. studying is hard. let’s not shame ourselves for falling. let’s teach ourselves, over and over again, how  to get back up. to take that shower anyway, to make healthy food even when you don’t want it, to spend just 15 minutes cleaning your room. let’s teach ourselves what our healthy habits are for living, and do them when we fall down. it’s okay to fall down, and remember, you can and will get back up again. it might take a few days. or weeks. and you might fall down again. but let’s teach ourselves to get back up, every time, with no shame. you are powerful. you can do this!

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by chinavs9ja(m): 7:37am On Jun 18, 2020
If is not your fault, So you mean with the yeye squad of your team can defeat Manchester city undecided

No time to argue, please check my signature if you need a professional website designer.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by JosephXavier: 7:38am On Jun 18, 2020
Luis and Granit Xhaka combined has single handedly pulled Arsenal out of Champions and Europa league

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by tydi(m): 7:38am On Jun 18, 2020
Not just your fault. I watched the match and I really feel saddened what Arsenal team has become of lately.

18 Likes

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by xynerise: 7:38am On Jun 18, 2020
Oga, even if you no play they will still beat Arsenal

48 Likes

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Bobbystanley(m): 7:38am On Jun 18, 2020
David Luiz Finished in 2014 during the World Cup in his native Brazil.Ever since then,he has been a shadow of his Former self.

Lampard was quick to discover how disastrous he could have been to Chelsea and Sold him to a Disastrous Club that deserves Him.

In Peter Drury's Voice "David Luiz seems to be a more serious Pandemic to Arsenal than Covid 19"

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by lokho(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
No be Arsenal... Disappointing is their hubby...

Arsenal and Super Eagle are twins

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Seerade029: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
AR - SE - NAL.

just 3 syllables grin

4 Likes

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by mjbaba: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
Of course it's your fault, idi.ot.

The whole world knows

1 Like

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by LOSKYXANDER: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
Last night's game was exciting until Luiz was sent off undecided
Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Slawormir: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

I know say this luiz go set new record for EPL

He go be the first person to concede five penalties in a season

He don concede four already
Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by famousroland(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
ON BEHALF OF ALL CHELSEA FANS...
I CONGRATULATE ARSENAL ONCE AGAIN FOR DAVID LUIZ DEAL

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
Arsenal's live matters

4 Likes

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Finetrrac: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2020
Hahaha...indeed
Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by YovvInteriors(m): 7:40am On Jun 18, 2020
Quite obvious

Check my signature!!
Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by joviegghead: 7:40am On Jun 18, 2020
This guy called was good back then o. But now, he's so undisciplined. Look what that caused.

Rubbish. It's like after Suarez disgraced(nutmeg) him twice in UCL one match, he doesn't have sense again.

6 Likes

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Kingluqman(m): 7:40am On Jun 18, 2020
David Luiz na Error Pro Max grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Johnjanrt: 7:40am On Jun 18, 2020
Was a shambolic display from the unsettled defender. Errors such as was seen last night has caused Arsenal so many points. I wonder what Chelsea gains in being wicked to Arsenal, on releasing Cech last summer they threw in Luiz to continue from where Cech stops and now after Luiz it going to be Willian. Arsenal always displaying lack of focus and ambition in over ten years.

28 Likes

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by amosrich(m): 7:40am On Jun 18, 2020
Inconsistency is one of his problems....
I'm very sure arsenal might let him go.

3 Likes

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 18, 2020
you should have just stayed at Chelsea where we were covering all your faults.

now arsenal will blame all their generational problems on you .

so ass-anal paid £8m just to have Luiz for a year?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by betterman22(m): 7:40am On Jun 18, 2020
He knows that he came to Arsenal for retirement... The mistake gunners make is listing him in the first 11. And look at the impression he created when he knew his contract has come to an end.
Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:40am On Jun 18, 2020
Good you know.
Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Evergreen4(m): 7:41am On Jun 18, 2020
Arsenal fc and fans received covid 19 defeat

All the weight that arsenal fans gained during the covid 19 lockdown and stay at home will be lost before the season ends.

If you're too fat, start supporting arsenal and you will loose weight immediately grin grin without stress

10 Likes

Re: David Luiz: Our Defeat To Manchester City Was My Fault by Coronavirus84: 7:41am On Jun 18, 2020
Arsenal lives matter.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Messi Equals Ronaldo Record Of Most Hat-Tricks Scored In La Liga History / Mkhitaryan May Not Play Europa Final In Azerbaijan Because He Is Armenian / 27-0: Bayern Munich Beat Low-division Side In First Pre-season Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.