Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro (1680 Views)

A Quick Look At Samsung's Latest Grip Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Review / Specs Of Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro / Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Vs A9 Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 11:28am On Jun 18, 2020
Someone asked me to help him chose between the two phones.
Camera, battery and browsing speed are very important.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
Aah.
Nobody want to say anything
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by hardeycute(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:
Aah.
Nobody want to say anything
Redmi Note 7 pro
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by Drevidia(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
Compare the Two phones on gsm arena then make your choice
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by ddjay: 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:
Someone asked me to help him chose between the two phones.

Camera, battery and browsing speed are very important.
But this c9 pro is old na, 2016 or so
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
ddjay:
But this c9 pro is old na, 2016 or so
True, but it still performs well... I handled it recently
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by DarkJeddi(m): 4:39pm On Jun 18, 2020
Why should anyone want to buy a 4 year old device?
Are there no newer Galaxy phones to pick from,for the price?
The only advantage that Galaxy get over the Note 7 Pro is the AMOLED screen.
EVERY OTHER THING,it losses to the Note 7 Pro.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Why should anyone want to buy a 4 year old device?
Are there no newer Galaxy phones to pick from,for the price?
The only advantage that Galaxy get over the Note 7 Pro is the AMOLED screen.
EVERY OTHER THING,it losses to the Note 7 Pro.

I think it should be spec and performance over year of production... Unless the person is buying only design and android version,that means he or she will continue to change phone always.

Camera is important to him, so I think note 7 pro is winning for now

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:

I think it should be spec and performance over year of production... Unless the person is buying only design and android version,that means he or she will continue to change phone always.

Bros looks like u already have ur mind made up, why open this thread then? Why even consider a Samsung mid range phone from 2016 with all that bezels, old design and on top of that a mid range proccessor. A phone is not just about specs, ur phone is the most used device of an average person, so its something u will have to be staring at. I want my phone to pefom well but also look good. I won't even reccomend a Galaxy s7 (which is 2016 flagship) agaist redmi note 7 pro.

2 Likes

Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
greenhulk:

Bros looks like u already have ur mind made up, why open this thread then? Why even consider a Samsung mid range phone from 2016 with all that bezels, old design and on top of that a mid range proccessor. A phone is not just about specs, ur phone is the most used device of an average person, so its something u will have to be staring at. I want my phone to pefom well but also look good. I won't even reccomend a Galaxy s7 (which is 2016 flagship) agaist redmi note 7 pro.

It's not me, someone asked me to help him chose.

I do not care about design myself, all those notch and side fingerprint,and others are not my thing.

The person saw my mi max 3 and wanted to buy it from me but I do not want to sell, bc getting another new mi max 3 under 60k at the moment is difficult.

That Samsung galaxy c9 pro is still very expensive now, Clean one.

I do not think Galaxy s7 is actually good as galaxy c9 pro, bc in the market now... Used Clean c9 pro is from 60k, already checked different places.

Spec and performance matters.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by DarkJeddi(m): 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:

The year of of production of a device is important..

Certainly when it comes to a 4 year old device..

Even performance diminishes with age..

The battery is getting bad,whether used or not and at 4 years has probably 70 percent of its original capacity left.

You are getting a phone with a Chipset built on an inefficient 28nm process..

Even budget phones comes with 12nm Chipsets nowadays.

The phone comes with a USB Type B port and that is what you want to use going into the next two years?

Buying phones with current Android versions,at least allows you to enjoy one to two years of software updates and security patches before it stops being supported.

The Galaxy C9 Pro is OUTDATED,there's no two ways to it.

4 years is a long time in the Smartphone world..
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:

I do not care about design myself, all those notch and side fingerprint,and others are not my thing.

The person saw my mi max 3 and wanted to buy it from me but I do not want to sell, bc getting another new mi max 3 under 60k at the moment is difficult.

I do not think Galaxy s7 is actually good as galaxy c9 pro, bc in the market now... Used Clean c9 pro is from 60k, already checked different places.

Galaxy c9 is outdated, s7 is better and I won't even recommended s7 to anyone right now. C9 comes with snapdragon 653 processor while redmi note 7 pro comes with snapdragon 675 which is better. So already 8n performance the redmi is better. And then c9 comes with Android 6 upgradable to Android 8, redmi note 7 pro is upgradable to Android 10. You also have to consider it's a 4 yr old device and ur probably buying it used, the battery capacity would have degenerated.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
DarkJeddi:

The year of of production of a device is important..

Certainly when it comes to a 4 year old device..

Even performance diminishes with age..

The battery is getting bad,whether used or not and at 4 years has probably 70 percent of its original capacity left.

You are getting a phone with a Chipset built on an inefficient 28nm process..

Even budget phones comes with 12nm Chipsets nowadays.

The phone comes with a USB Type B port and that is what you want to use going into the next two years?

Buying phones with current Android versions,at least allows you to enjoy one to two years of software updates and security patches before it stops being supported.

The Galaxy C9 Pro is OUTDATED,there's no two ways to it.

4 years is a long time in the Smartphone world..

Redmi note 7 pro is already a year plus now.

And some people believe xioami phones are not more durable than Samsung.

He is a strong Samsung fan though.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:

If he wants a Samsung phone he can consider something else, like S8 or A70. By the way if he is a strong Samsung fan, why does he want to buy ur no mix 3?

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
greenhulk:

Galaxy c9 is outdated, s7 is better and I won't even recommended s7 to anyone right now. C9 comes with snapdragon 653 processor while redmi note 7 pro comes with snapdragon 675 which is better. So already 8n performance the redmi is better. And then c9 comes with Android 6 upgradable to Android 8, redmi note 7 pro is upgradable to Android 10. You also have to consider it's a 4 yr old device and ur probably buying it used, the battery capacity would have degenerated.

Other things you said might be true.

But.... Samsung galaxy s7 is not better than galaxy c9 pro.

Infact s7 is older than c9 pro,,,, 3000mah on s7 that can't do anything for me when I was using it.

C9 pro has 6gb Ram, dual Sim, and 4000mah battery, 6 inches and running around 8.... Not bad at the price he saw it yesterday.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
greenhulk:

If he wants a Samsung phone he can consider something else, like S8 or A70. By the way if he is a strong Samsung fan, why does he want to buy ur no mix 3?

Price and specs.

A70 is how much?
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by DarkJeddi(m): 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:

If you read my post very well,you will see that my issue is with the FOUR YEARS of the phone..

THAT is an ANCIENT phone.

Even two years is manageable and One year is still current.

The issue is NOT about durability either and Xiaomi phones are durable ENOUGH.

There are Samsung phones that are newer..

For the price of the Redmi Note 7 Pro,that he can get..
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
DarkJeddi:
If you read my post very well,you will see that my issue is with the FOUR YEARS of the phone..

THAT is an ANCIENT phone.

Even two years is manageable and One year is still current.

The issue is NOT about durability either and Xiaomi phones are durable ENOUGH.

There are Samsung phones that are newer..

For the price of the Redmi Note 7 Pro,that he can get..

Samsung phones with 6gb ram, 4000mah, dual sim, 6 inches.... At the price of c9 pro he saw at 60k yesterday.

Don't forget, Spec is important not necessarily the year of production.

I do not know of any newer model of Samsung with such specs under 60k.

He is currently checking camera quality of redmi note 7 pro online ,,, I think that's where the final decision will come from.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by DarkJeddi(m): 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:

You actually think that the Galaxy C9 Pro is of a higher spec than the Galaxy S7? grin
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by DarkJeddi(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:

Samsung phones with 6gb ram, 4000mah, dual sim, 6 inches.... At the price of c9 pro he saw at 60k yesterday.

He is currently checking camera quality of redmi note 7 pro online ,,, I think that's where the final decision will come from.
The ONLY spec the C9 Pro has going for it is the 6Gb Ram.
The Phone comes with a lowly Snapdragon 652.
There's nothing special about it,most SOCs today thrumps it.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
DarkJeddi:
You actually think that the Galaxy C9 Pro is of a higher spec than the Galaxy S7? grin

It depends on what you.

Galaxy s7 has 3000mah battery that can't serve a heavy user, single Sim or hibrid, 4gb Ram.

C9 pro has 6gb Ram, 4000mah,dual Sim.

I used s7 bf.... At the moment s7 clean one is everywhere from 40k.

C9 pro is 60k and above now... Clean one too
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:

Well if price is only what ur looking at the go ahead and buy it. But Pls don't think galaxy c9 is better than s7. One is mid range while the other is flagship. If u think the battery on the S7 is too small then try S7 edge, bigger display, bigger battery. Galaxy S7 is ip68 water and dust resistant, quad hd display, wireless charging, better camera and comes with flagship processor. Personally for me, I won't buy either of them in 2020, I mean that design is so outdated, like they even come with capacitive buttons.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:

It depends on what you.

Galaxy s7 has 3000mah battery that can't serve a heavy user, single Sim, 4gb Ram.

C9 pro is 60k and above.

Guy, why do u keep mentioning the ram size? Galaxy S7 comes with a flagship processor, the C9 pro was fitted with 6gb of ram to compensate for its weak processor, that doesn't mean it can perform better than galaxy S7. Moreover, the S7 edge comes with a 3,600mah battery. And there is galaxy S7 edge duos with dual sim. Most of the flagship phones that came out in 2016 had 4gb of RAM. its the mid rangers that had higher ram
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by DarkJeddi(m): 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
innobarca:

It depends on what you.

Galaxy s7 has 3000mah battery that can't serve a heavy user, single Sim, 4gb Ram.

C9 pro is 60k and above.
That the Galaxy S7 sells for 10K today,still doesn't mean that the C9 Pro is its mate.

We are talking about a Flagship and a lower Midrange device manufactured in the same year.

The SOC a phone runs on is of more importance than the number of Rams it comes with..

A Toyota Corolla with 6 wheels can never outperform a Ferrari on 4 wheels.

If battery is that important,then a used C9 Pro should be the least of choices
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by ZesusHVWritter(m): 7:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
I will get battered for doing this, but I will engage it anyway.
Why would any want a device like the redmi note 7 pro when there is already a note 8 pro and note pro?
Let's not even consider the Samsung C series, a line up Samsung has abandoned.
Please get any of these devices for your friend instead of going 2 generations back.
Redmi note 9pro/9s.
Realme 6.
Huawei 10x.
Redmi 10x[China only deal]

In fact sef, the redmi 9 is a better option than any of old daddies you want to pick from... A phone should have at least a 3year usage plan. Going back in time makes the phone a 6years or more plan, and that is not healthy.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
Redmi note 7 pro is winning in the camera department.
Under serious consideration.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:
I will get battered for doing this, but I will engage it anyway.
Why would any want a device like the redmi note 7 pro when there is already a note 8 pro and note pro?
Let's not even consider the Samsung C series, a line up Samsung has abandoned.
Please get any of these devices for your friend instead of going 2 generations back.
Redmi note 9pro/9s.
Realme 6.
Huawei 10x.
Redmi 10x[China only deal]

In fact sef, the redmi 9 is a better option than any of old daddies you want to pick from... A phone should have at least a 3year usage plan. Going back in time makes the phone a 6years or more plan, and that is not healthy.

Price.... Price.... Price.

60k to 65k.

6gb Ram, 4000mah, 5.7 to 6 inches,dual sim(not hybrid), amoled.

Spec is important
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
DarkJeddi:
That the Galaxy S7 sells for 10K today,still doesn't mean that the C9 Pro is its mate.

We are talking about a Flagship and a lower Midrange device manufactured in the same year.

The SOC a phone runs on is of more importance than the number of Rams it comes with..

A Toyota Corolla with 6 wheels can never outperform a Ferrari on 4 wheels.

If battery is that important,then a used C9 Pro should be the least of choices

The videos on YouTube never proved that s7 is faster, he has watched many videos.
Some people prefer better battery to processor, some prefer screen size from 6 inches.

In some areas,,, c9 pro is better and in some areas s7 is better.

Go to YouTube and watch.

Do not forget... Screen size, ram, battery.... Storage, he can upgrade with SD card, that's what he said.

Only xioami redmi note 7 and galaxy c9 pro at the moment bc of price and spec.

Redmi note 7 pro is winning in the camera department.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by ddjay: 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
innobarca:

True, but it still performs well... I handled it recently
Yes o, but the redmi is 2019 and was even updated to android 10,Samsung's support for the c9 pro has ended.
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by innobarca(m): 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
ddjay:

Yes o, but the redmi is 2019 and was even updated to android 10,Samsung's support for the c9 pro has ended.

He is buying redmi, camera is good
Re: Redmi Note 7 Pro VS Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro by Jdesilentkiller(m): 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Very useless arguments... I wonder how some people can't see beyond their noses

The op is using u people to cruise

Only the wise

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Smart 5 Announced With Triple-camera Setup And 5000mah Battery / Send Free Sms/text / Who Is Experiencing This On His Innjoo I2s?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.