Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER (1330 Views)

What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? / Upwork Review: Is Upwork A Legit Way To Find Jobs Online? [2022] / Share Your Experience As A Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
7 years ago I ventured into working as a freelancer (Online work) and from my experience over the years I now have a vast knowledge of it. Though starting as a beginner was very difficult as there was limited information about it online mostly for Nigerian's. But with persistent, ability to think smart and fast, I was able to achieve alot.

But many have find it difficult to even register on UPWORK let alone getting jobs as majority of them are not consistent and give up easily. I have seen many people online lamenting that getting jobs on Freelance Platforms such as UPWORK, FREELANCER, FIVERR, GURU, PEOPLEPERHOUR and many more.

Some even have the notion that client (US & Europe) can never hire them because they're from Nigeria. That's a very bad thinking, though I understand their basic of having that. But honestly that will immediately affect your zeal to work as a freelancer. I have co-freelancers and friends who have earned more than $50K+ (17.5M) on Freelance since their inception on it within few years.

Easy to say but effort is needed. You must have skills. Soft skills to be precise. Web/Graphics design, Customer service, Sales & Marketing, Writing etc.

I will be giving out many tips on how to be successful in the freelance world. You can ask as many questions as you want and I will reply as soon as I can here on Nairaland.

I'm trying to grow a freelance trend in Nigeria and help interested people in Freelancing to achieve success on a longtime base. My plan is to create an extensive reservoir of information for people to become a successful freelancer. Though it will b paid later. But for the meantime I will be giving out limited free information. Please reply to this trend.

Regards,
Pius A.

1 Like

Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by aylive02(m): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
Please how do I get my account approved? I'm having issues getting it approved even with the numerous skills that I have, my profile was rejected.
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
aylive02:
Please how do I get my account approved? I'm having issues getting it approved even with the numerous skills that I have, my profile was rejected.

Under what category do you register on and what type of skills do you list?
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by aylive02(m): 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
piuspaul:

Under what category do you register on and what type of skills do you list?
. Freelancing category. I listed 10 skills that i am good at including article writing, proofreading and so on

1 Like

Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
aylive02:
. Freelancing category. I listed 10 skills that i am good at including article writing, proofreading and so on

Good but more is needed as Upwork is very competitive and accept limited people daily. Since I know your category skill set reach me on 08103788474 (Telegram)

1 Like

Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by aylive02(m): 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
piuspaul:

Good but more is needed as Upwork is very competitive and accept limited people daily. Since I know your category skill set reach me on 08103788474 (Telegram).
thank you
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 9:23am On Jun 19, 2020
aylive02:
thank you

You're welcome. In box me on the telegram or WhatsApp account if you need more details.

1 Like

Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by masarauta11(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
Hello Pius!

Thank you for taking your time to teach us how to became successful freelancers.

I am a graduate of Hausa language, currently doing my M.A in Linguistics. And the only skill I know I have as of now, is translation from English to Hausa language and some 70 - 80 words per minute typing skill. With that, I joined Fiverr 10 days ago. Published two gigs, one about English to Hausa translation, while the other one is about typing and editing English, Hausa and Arabic documents.
And I have successfully completed one order (worth $10 + $5 tip and 5stars review) six days ago. Though, it is not part of what I am offering. I record the Hausa alphabets for a US buyer.

My questions are:

1- Do you think these two or three skills were enough for me to be accepted on Upwork?
2- Someone somewhere, advised that a beginner freelancer should stick to one freelancing site, as he can't be able to control all the site, if he start receiving frequent orders. Is that true?

Thank you once again.
Please forgive my grammatical errors, as I am still struggling with correct English grammar.
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 4:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
masarauta11:
Hello Pius!

Thank you for taking your time to teach us how to became successful freelancers.

I am a graduate of Hausa language, currently doing my M.A in Linguistics. And the only skill I know I have as of now, is translation from English to Hausa language and some 70 - 80 words per minute typing skill. With that, I joined Fiverr 10 days ago. Published two gigs, one about English to Hausa translation, while the other one is about typing and editing English, Hausa and Arabic documents.
And I have successfully completed one order (worth $10 + $5 tip and 5stars review) six days ago. Though, it is not part of what I am offering. I record the Hausa alphabets for a US buyer.

My questions are:

1- Do you think these two or three skills were enough for me to be accepted on Upwork?
2- Someone somewhere, advised that a beginner freelancer should stick to one freelancing site, as he can't be able to control all the site, if he start receiving frequent orders. Is that true?

Thank you once again.
Please forgive my grammatical errors, as I am still struggling with correct English grammar.

I must commend you brother. Why? You actually studied one of Nigeria language. It's very rare or maybe I haven't heard much about it. I would have address you by your name but I guess you forgot grin

First, a fact about Hausa language. Do you know Hausa is the most widely spoken language in Africa after Arabic? Do you know that Hausa is also spoken in Ghana, Niger and other parts of Africa?

So you have a very good language translation niche (Arabic and Hausa). I'm very sure your English writing skills are very good. So a combine language of English-Arabic-Hausa has a whopping number of 1.4B speakers worldwide. So you're good to go. You can register to as many Freelance website as possible even if you have so many offers there are many ways to go about it. You must do your research well as a beginner or have someone to guide or explain in details the dos and don'ts of Freelancing world.

Hit me up on my telegram.
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by ayoola27: 1:07am On Jun 20, 2020
piuspaul:
7 years ago I ventured into working as a freelancer (Online work) and from my experience over the years I now have a vast knowledge of it. Though starting as a beginner was very difficult as there was limited information about it online mostly for Nigerian's. But with persistent, ability to think smart and fast, I was able to achieve alot. I have earned more than $30K (10.5M) within 4 years on UPWORK!

But many have find it difficult to even register on UPWORK let alone getting jobs as majority of them are not consistent and give up easily. I have seen many people online lamenting that getting jobs on Freelance Platforms such as UPWORK, FREELANCER, FIVERR, GURU, PEOPLEPERHOUR and many more.

Some even have the notion that client (US & Europe) can never hire them because they're from Nigeria. That's a very bad thinking, though I understand their basic of having that. But honestly that will immediately affect your zeal to work as a freelancer. I have co-freelancers and friends who have earned more than $50K+ (17.5M) on Freelance since their inception on it within few years.

Easy to say but effort is needed. You must have skills. Soft skills to be precise. Web/Graphics design, Customer service, Sales & Marketing, Writing etc.

I will be giving out many tips on how to be successful in the freelance world. For doubting Thomas please look at the proof of experience and my earnings as a freelancer. You can ask as many questions as you want and I will reply as soon as I can here on Nairaland.

I'm trying to grow a freelance trend in Nigeria and help interested people in Freelancing to achieve success on a longtime base. My plan is to create an extensive reservoir of information for people to become a successful freelancer. Though it will b paid later. But for the meantime I will be giving out limited free information. Please reply to this trend.

My contact: 08103788474 (Telegram)

Regards,
Pius A.

Bro please... I'm currently learning Java . looking to freelance in app development
are there freelancing Jobs in upwork and how many months should I practice to consider myself ready for the freelancing world
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 7:01am On Jun 20, 2020
ayoola27:

Bro please... I'm currently learning Java . looking to freelance in app development
are there freelancing Jobs in upwork and how many months should I practice to consider myself ready for the freelancing world

Java is a very high demanding programming language as it's an integral part in programming. There are thousands of job post on a monthly basis on Upwork. 3 million jobs are posted annually, worth a total of US$1 billion, making it the largest freelancer marketplace in the world.

So there are more than enough jobs but at the same time there are also competition from other freelancers around the world who are into what you are currently learning. Does that mean you should give up? Of course not! All you need is to understand the DOS & DON'TS of Freelancing.

Just do an extensive research online as many information are available. Or you can contact me via my [b] 08103788474 (Telegram).
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2020
Information is by far one of the most valuable thing when use wisely. Don't let the lockdown of the economy affect you in locking down your skills. Spreadout your tentacles and nets to grab and fish for jobs. Seize the opportunity of working virtually.
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by iamoracle: 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
Good job boss......To does who are interested in being their own boss, do not allow this opportunity to pass you by, Akhawini pius is someone to trust, personally, I've known him for years and he's very good at what he does. So, I'll say to those who are interested in this great opportunity, you re in safe hands.
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 7:11am On Jun 28, 2020
iamoracle:
Good job boss......To does who are interested in being their own boss, do not allow this opportunity to pass you by, Akhawini pius is someone to trust, personally, I've known him for years and he's very good at what he does. So, I'll say to those who are interested in this great opportunity, you re in safe hands.

Thanks.
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by lacruz12(m): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2020
piuspaul:

Thanks.

What do have for someone who want to start a career in Online Business, using the platforms you mentioned? The only skill I have now is making business card and also 2D and 3D animations....Please your suggestion. Thanks
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
lacruz12:

What do have for someone who want to start a career in Online Business, using the platforms you mentioned? The only skill I have now is making business card and also 2D and 3D animations....Please your suggestion. Thanks

That's a good way to start. Funny enough, you can make a living with those skills you highlighted (2D and 3D) animation. Please do well to ask more by replying to this trend or you might hit me up via my contact 08103788474 (Telegram).
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
Types of job post and budgets.

Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by stivoboi(m): 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
This is an eye opener for everyone ,this COVID-19 Lockdown has really shifted my thinking so as not depened only on salary, freelancing is awesome, what's more intresting is getting in paid in dollars grin grin Thank you Pius.
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 6:25am On Jun 29, 2020
stivoboi:
This is an eye opener for everyone ,this COVID-19 Lockdown has really shifted my thinking so as not depened only on salary, freelancing is awesome, what's more intresting is getting in paid in dollars grin grin Thank you Pius.

An eye opener indeed. shocked
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by buchyno123: 10:13am On Jun 29, 2020
thank you pius for this information, i really want to get involved how do i go about it?
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 10:47am On Jun 29, 2020
buchyno123:

thank you pius for this information, i really want to get involved how do i go about it?

It's nice to know you've an interest. It all depends on the skill set you have. Ping me via my contacts to have a faster reply.
Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2020
Types of job post and budgets.

Re: find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER by piuspaul(m): 7:09am On Jul 27, 2020
Become a successful freelancer! I will show you how.

(1) (Reply)

Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) / Nigerian Institute Of Management (NIM Inductiion Today / Hot Job Vacancies In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.