Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud (69979 Views)

Court Grants Obinwanne Okeke "Invictus Obi" Permission To See Dentist / Invictus Obi: Nairaland Post That Led FBI To Arrest Obinwanne Okeke / Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
Obinwanne Okeke, the Nigerian businessman owner of Invictus Group who was arrested in the United States last year, has pleaded guilty to $11 million (N4.2 billion) fraud.

Mr Okeke, 32, admitted to American prosecutors that he was involved in computer-based fraud between 2015 and 2019.

Joshua Stueve, a spokesperson for the United States District Court for Eastern District of Virginia, told PREMIUM TIMES on Thursday evening that Mr Okeke could spend 20 years maximum penalty in an American jail.

He would be sentenced on October 22, Mr Stueve said.

“A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after taking into account the U.S. sentencing guidelines and other statutory factors,” the court official said.

Robert Krask, an American judge of the district, certified the guilty plea on Thursday morning to clear the paths for Mr Okeke’s sentencing.

Mr Okeke and other alleged conspirators said to still be at large were accused of targeting American businesses in a probe led by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Unatrac, a subsidiary of heavy equipment giant Caterpillar, was amongst the companies said to have been targeted by the cartel in a business email compromise scheme for several years. Over $11 million was said to have been traced to the ring, amidst claims that Mr Okeke allegedly used proceeds of his illicit dealings to build a business empire in Abuja and other parts of Nigeria.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/398367-just-in-obinwanne-okeke-pleads-guilty-to-n4-2-billion-fraud.html

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Righteousness89(m): 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
Precious Daddy,

Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:
Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Lastly, My Daddy! Whatever you cannot give to me, I do not need it! May it Never come to me .
I ask all these in JESUS NAME...Amen

Your Little boy

Righteousness89

946 Likes 106 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Ahmed0336(m): 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
Chai!!

Dia type of money go make pesin wey dey hustle legitimately look stweepiddddd.

473 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Olalan(m): 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
Living on the fast side of life always end in tears.
BTW to every legitimate hustling person toiling day and night to make a living I pray the Good Lord will reward us in due time.

495 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by jamesversion: 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
Mr. Okeke, see you at 52... Enjoy ur 20yrs.

Okeke nwa okafor banyi o. unu nukwa ogene.. grin

I'm not from Igbo but I like the song.. pls what does it mean??

157 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by visijo(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Some of you can't enjoy your relationship because you are busy trying to catch your partner cheating. �

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Mr Okeke could spend 20 years maximum penalty in an American jail.
Straight to jail this criminal go.

For the small small thieves here on nairaland, defrauding people locally and internationally , that see Invictus and Hushpuppi etc.....as their Role models in life,
Na so all of una go end.
No be curse
Na FACT!
Do not be Lazy, Get going!

For those of us hustling LEGITIMATELY out there : May God bless our hustles.

CRIME DOESN'T PAY.

Lorenzop:

**** The day our fraudulent Politicians begins to pay for their crimes, then I will agree with your assertion.
Then keep on defrauding people all over the world now.
Nobody is begging you to stop.
We all know where you will end...... keep on Lorenzo!
U go dey alrite las las... tongue

virginboy1:
And when I saw this guy on Forbes list. I wished to be like him, not knowing it is dirty money grin

Legit hustle na him sure pass. smiley

You are a wise Virgin Boy.
Keep your virginity and continue keeping your hustle pure, in so doing ..... THE SKY IS YOUR STARTING POINT .

Correct Boy! kiss kiss

168 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Baloranking(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Tribal bigots will soon start roaming around this thread saying all sort of rubbish.

I am an igbo man and in no such way support any kind of fraud.

He has pleaded guilty already to the crime, so let him do his time.

Don't do fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God bless the legitimate hustlers out there.

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by tesppidd: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
They have broken him...

Na wa ooh

See fine boy wey be role model just few years ago!

20 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by whytediamond(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Obi Nwa Mama. Chaii cry cry

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
myboy2111:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/398367-just-in-obinwanne-okeke-pleads-guilty-to-n4-2-billion-fraud.html
you that hustles legitimately will now look as if God is angry with you.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Made4naijalove: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by myqel(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
embarassed

Crime always ends in tears, sorrow & regret. why use your 'smartness' for crime, when you can equally use it for something positive & be a millionaire/billionaire..why angry

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Zuriel23: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Motivational speaker wan enter prison.
See, don't envy any human because he or she is living large. If you don't know there source of income, my guy go and hustle so that God will bless your hustle.

187 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Hypocrit: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
Wow! Hmmm... He finally accepted that he is a thief. ok na

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by chigoziri2403(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
Better for him,

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by IpobAntidote: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
First time offender, and less than 10 victims should be expecting 10 to 12 years for 11 million dollar white collar crime. He will do about 10 years before he's deported back to Nigeria. Oh well.

98 percent of those accused in US Federal courts will eventually plead guilty. It's almost impossible to win.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
aspire to perspire to inspire eleri pelebe adojuti

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by StandardBuilder(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
He followed the fast track, now he have to pay for it
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by maximunimpact(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
These are the rats giving naija blood bad names

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by demsid(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
He confess so that hushpuppi can come and take his roomspace. Senior colleague ti wa around

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by joviegghead: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
Sad.
He should have known better.
Money gotten through illegitimate means can be enjoyed here in Nigeria, where corruption is rampant and crime-related agencies are inefficient, not internationally.
He should have kept a low profile. Then gradually grow. Instead, like Hushpuppi, he went international, forgetting that's like swimming in a larger ocean with several predators.

Sad. He and his colleagues have really drag the image of Nigeria into the mud in the most appalling way.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Jh0wsef(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by JeffreyD1(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
With this black life matter thing

They got give am lite sentencing oh

Sorry bro

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by Goodmillz: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
cry
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by virginboy1(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
And when I saw this guy on Forbes list. I wished to be like him, not knowing it is dirty money grin

Legit hustle na him sure pass. smiley

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by asobo: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
I wanna be on Forbes list
Re: Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud by kachi08(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nothing like rest of mind in this life. Try as much as you can to do legit business.

67 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

El Chapo Jailed For Life / Owo: Dozens Killed as Terrorists Attack Church During Service In Ondo State / Big-Sized Woman Beats Girl With Cutlass Publicly (Photos)