Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast (509 Views)

My Computer Usually Wipes Off All My Saved Files Anytime It Goes Off / How To Check Application That Consumes Memory/making Your Computer Be Slow / My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by emmyloved(m): 4:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
I need help.... My compaq laptop is extremely low especially when using bluestack on it... These are the few specifications my laptop has;

* window 8 pro

* AMD Turion(tm) II ultra Dual-core Mobile M600 2.40GHz processor

*2gb of ram

*232gb of hard disk

Are there things I am to upgrade in the laptop that will make it fast? Plz help

1 Like

Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by emmyloved(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
Olachase:
Hello install window 7 to that system compaq isn't a fast system
Thanks alot.. But If I install window seven on it, will it be fast?
Won't upgrading the ram be a better idea?
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by Samfilo31(m): 5:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
Yes u can upgrade ram as well cos bluestake consume
emmyloved:
Thanks alot.. But If I install window seven on it, will it be fast?
Won't upgrading the ram be a better idea?
install windows 7 on it
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by Adewale1603(m): 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
emmyloved:
I need help.... My compaq laptop is extremely low especially when using bluestack on it... These are the few specifications my laptop has;

* window 8 pro

* AMD Turion(tm) II ultra Dual-core Mobile M600 2.40GHz processor

*2gb of ram

*232gb of hard disk

Are there things I am to upgrade in the laptop that will make it fast? Plz help
firstly that your hp compaq laptop uses an amd processor, and it's graphics will probably be dedicated on a separate die chips, your laptop will often get hotter, amd are weaker compared to intel processors. If you want a faster improvement, upgrade the ram to 4gb, use an ssd storage, don't use normal Hdd hard disk

1 Like

Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by emmyloved(m): 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
Adewale1603:

firstly that your hp compaq laptop uses an amd processor, and it's graphics will probably be dedicated on a separate die chips, your laptop will often get hotter, amd are weaker compared to intel processors. If you want a faster improvement, upgrade the ram to 4gb, use an ssd storage, don't use normal Hdd hard disk
Thanks
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by emmyloved(m): 7:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
Olachase:
bros even if you upgrade it to the ram to 16gig nothing will change
OK thanks
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by emmyloved(m): 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
Adewale1603:

plz do you know the cost for the upgrade?
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by Adewale1603(m): 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
emmyloved:
plz do you know the cost for the upgrade?
what type of ram module does your system uses, is it a ddr2 ram or ddr3 ram ? 2gb ddr3 will cost like #2,000 or #2500 depending on the memory speed supported by your hp compaq chipsets since they are of different speeds ranging from 667mhz, 800mhz, 10600mhz, 13333mhz e.t.c
and the SSD storage is expensive compared to the traditional hard disk, it's more faster, efficient, durable than the normal hard disk, because it doesn't use a magnetic rotation tape like the hard disk, so it's faster. The price depends on the storage size, a 256gb SSD should cost around #20,000 or #25,000 for new ones, second hand used ones will cost less.
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by emmyloved(m): 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
Adewale1603:

what type of ram module does your system uses, is it a ddr2 ram or ddr3 ram ? 2gb ddr3 will cost like #2,000 or #2500 depending on the memory speed supported by your hp compaq chipsets since they are of different speeds ranging from 667mhz, 800mhz, 10600mhz, 13333mhz e.t.c
and the SSD storage is expensive compared to the traditional hard disk, it's more faster, efficient, durable than the normal hard disk, because it doesn't use a magnetic rotation tape like the hard disk, so it's faster. The price depends on the storage size, a 256gb SSD should cost around #20,000 or #25,000 for new ones, second hand used ones will cost less.
thanks.... As for the ram module, I don't really know my laptop ram module.. Are there ways of checking it?
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by Adewale1603(m): 8:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
emmyloved:
thanks.... As for the ram module, I don't really know my laptop ram module.. Are there ways of checking it?
what's the full model of the laptop, for example hp compaq presario Cq 60
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by Adewale1603(m): 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
emmyloved:
what's the full model of your laptop. For example hp compaq presario Cq 58
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by emmyloved(m): 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
Adewale1603:

what's the full model of your laptop. For example hp compaq presario Cq 58
Compaq presario CQ61
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by Adewale1603(m): 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
emmyloved:
Compaq presario CQ61
it uses a ddr2 ram module
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by Adewale1603(m): 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
emmyloved:
Compaq presario CQ61
it uses a ddr2 ram module, it could support maximum of 4gb
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by emmyloved(m): 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
Adewale1603:

it uses a ddr2 ram module, it could support maximum of 4gb
thank you so much
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by Adewale1603(m): 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
emmyloved:
thank you so much
alright
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by udemzyudex(m): 12:44am On Jun 20, 2020
Sell it and upgrade.
Re: To The Gurus In The House.. Plz How My Computer Be Very Fast by InfinityFabric: 10:20am On Jun 20, 2020
Simple: Buy another one.
The AMD of old are mostly trash on Laptop same with Intel Core 2 duo. But not anymore in 2020.
For NGN55K+ you should get an Intel i5 2nd Gen which should be OK.
If you're willing to budget up to 200K u'd get proper AMD | Intel Quad Core with Multi-threading, and with nice aesthetics.

As for your system, it's only good for video watching not even 720p on YouTube.

(1) (Reply)

Acer Aspire / Shop All UK & USA 2020 10-70% Off From Nigeria - Registration Is FREE / Hp Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.