Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus (22791 Views)

My Computer Usually Wipes Off All My Saved Files Anytime It Goes Off / How Do I Retrieve Files From Hard Drive Infected With Shortcut Virus? / 10 Reasons Your Computer Is Frustratingly Slow And What To Do About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by Systrom(m): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2019
Please help me

My system has been infected with a virus

I think I got it when I was trying to download something online

The virus has messed up my system and nothing works again

Keyboard doesn’t work

I bought external keyboard, it worked for a while, now the virus has corrupted the external keyboard and it doesn’t work again.

If I click on a file or folder, it opens hundred times till the system screen is covered and the system hangs.

If I wanna install a file, the virus doesn’t allow it. Hence installing a virus remover is very difficult

I have scanned the system endless times with the exiting antivirus that was on the system before and it detects nothing, meaning the virus has a strong persistence

I can’t connect to the internet, connecting to the internet has been disabled.

Mouse doesn’t work again too, I bought external

If I try to open softwares, it crashes and doesn’t open

Many other things I cannot remember

My friend are saying it may not be a virus, that maybe my system is old and I need a change.

But what can cause a system to have all these faults at once if not a virus.

Please help

3 Likes

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by banjicom(m): 10:32am On Sep 24, 2019
grin

Your computer don get HIV
Lols cheesy

On a more serious note, i think your best option is to just format the system directly and install a new fresh Os. You should be more concerned about the hardware of your PC, because this is the first time i am seeing a virus disabling a computer hardware.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by Systrom(m): 10:39am On Sep 24, 2019
banjicom:
grin

Your computer don get HIV
Lols cheesy

On a more serious note, i think your best option is to just format the system directly and install a new fresh Os. You should be more concerned about the hardware of your PC, because this is the first time i am seeing a virus disabling a computer hardware.
Thats what I’m thinking too. But I’ve got two questions

1. What will happen to my files - they are important to me
2. What if the hardware is damaged already? And after installing the new OS, the issue persists
3. How can I even install a new OS when everything on the system is fluctuating i.e Keyboard doesn’t work
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by banjicom(m): 11:21am On Sep 24, 2019
Systrom:

2. What if the hardware is damaged already? And after installing the new OS, the issue persists
3. How can I even install a new OS when everything on the system is fluctuating i.e Keyboard doesn’t work

1. You don't have to do it yourself, tell the engineer or the person doing the formatting to partition your hard disk into a smaller size depending on how big the files you want to backup. In doing so it won't affect any of your files only your installed apps will be deleted.

2 . Reboot your system, and press f9 to boot into safe mode and see if your keyboard and mouse will work without any issues. If it work, than all you need is a fresh window installation, if it doesn't work let me know.

3. It is very simple, i can even give u instructions on hownto do it wen you are ready.

Cheers cheesy

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by Systrom(m): 11:25am On Sep 24, 2019
banjicom:

1. You don't have to do it yourself, tell the engineer or the person doing the formatting to partition your hard disk into a smaller size depending on how big the files you want to backup. In doing so it won't affect any of your files only your installed apps will be deleted.

2 . Reboot your system, and press f9 to boot into safe mode and see if your keyboard and mouse will work without any issues. If it work, than all you need is a fresh window installation, if it doesn't work let me know.

3. It is very simple, i can even give u instructions on hownto do it wen you are ready.

Cheers cheesy
Boss please help me do it

2 Likes

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by banjicom(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2019
Systrom:
Boss please help me do it

Lols, you know that is not possible since we are not in the same place and I can't even see the system. I would have really love to help you though, but you know it is not going 2 be possible.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by Systrom(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2019
banjicom:

Lols, you know that is not possible since we are not in the same place and I can't even see the system. I would have really love to help you though, but you know it is not going 2 be possible.
I’m in Lagos sir, I can bring it to you if you’re in Lagos

Or if not, you can recommend me a good engineer in Computer village or elsewhere
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 24, 2019
The situation of the system as the OP explained wont allow the technician partition the hard disk let alone copying files to the partiton.

Any technician can install a fresh OS for you, but only few can actually save your files if what you explained about the system is actually true.

4 Likes

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by banjicom(m): 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2019
Systrom:
I’m in Lagos sir, I can bring it to you if you’re in Lagos

Or if not, you can recommend me a good engineer in Computer village or elsewhere

No, I stay in Ondo state that is why I said it not going 2 work.

1 Like

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by Systrom(m): 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2019
More responses and replies is needed
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2019
Systrom:
More responses and replies is needed
What's the name of the PC and it's spec?
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by Systrom(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2019
Benjaniblinks:

What's the name of the PC and it's spec?
HP 250

4 gig ram
500 gig hard disk
2.4 ghz processor
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by sotall(m): 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2019
How many people the virus don kill? grin

3 Likes

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by FactBoyz: 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hmm
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by ursullalinda(f): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
Just sat down on me seat, here to learn

1 Like

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by makewetalk2: 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
that is why you need anti-virus. men can buy Cond and spend money on drinks but cannot but protection for their system. pull out the battery immediately before they eat up your motherboard.
buy an anti-virus or seek the help of a professional. you may end up losing the entire thing if it gets to your motherboard
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by OBAGADAFFI: 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2019
Both to safemode and Scan anti-malware.

3 Likes

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by obembet(f): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2019
HIV or what
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by wunmi590(m): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
shocked

Deadly virus?
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by 12345baba(m): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
No spread am here o

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by stalwart123(m): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
grin

What did you download?

So that we won't also fall a victim.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by SniperSmurf(m): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
Systrom:
Please help me

My system has been infected with a virus

I think I got it when I was trying to download something online

The virus has messed up my system and nothing works again

Keyboard doesn’t work

I bought external keyboard, it worked for a while, now the virus has corrupted the external keyboard and it doesn’t work again.

If I click on a file or folder, it opens hundred times till the system screen is covered and the system hangs.

If I wanna install a file, the virus doesn’t allow it. Hence installing a virus remover is very difficult

I have scanned the system endless times with the exiting antivirus that was on the system before and it detects nothing, meaning the virus has a strong persistence

I can’t connect to the internet, connecting to the internet has been disabled.

Mouse doesn’t work again too, I bought external

If I try to open softwares, it crashes and doesn’t open

Many other things I cannot remember

My friend are saying it may not be a virus, that maybe my system is old and I need a change.

But what can cause a system to have all these faults at once if not a virus.

Please help

Take it to a pro.
If that doesnt work get a new system.
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by MobilityExpress: 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
Reboot your computer to safe mode. Then install an antivirus like bitdefender or Kaspersky with latest updates, then run it and scan. If it's a virus problem, you will know from here. Or run a USB or external HDD plug and play antivirus that will install and run when you plug it in. Another possibility is you could have corrupted files on your system. In this case, reload the OS and then select "repair" option. If these don't work, then you either reformat the system or visit a professional computer repair company to fix it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by tysontim(m): 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2019
Try booting in safe mode, if it doesn't work
Try restoring from a restore point, if it doesn't work
Try and refresh your OS. If it doesn't work
Format it.

To save your file get an external HDD adapter connect your hardrive to it and copy only your documents/ pics and video. Do not copy software raw files not even the trusted ones. After which format it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by maleeks(m): 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2019
Systrom:

1. Life evolves, you should too... any file(s) vital to you should be in the cloud too, not only on your pc
2. As smart as computer is, it's still dumb... every part can be replaced if its hardware problem and it could as well be troubleshot if its software
3. You don't necessarily need keyboard to install an OS, select booting option and press f2 to load from cd-rom

5 Likes

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by Jerkules: 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2019
Did you download anything related to TACHA? Her Body Odour is s threat to Humanity,even Nonliving things grin bros the name of the Virus is TACHA and the earlier you format it the better for u and ur household grin

15 Likes

Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by wisdom042(m): 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2019
Bro dis kind virus way affect keyboard strong o
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by metroid(m): 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2019
Systrom:
HP 630

4 gig ram
500 gig hard disk
2.4 ghz processor

Which operating system?
Re: My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus by Midas01: 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2019
Sorry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code / Download To Reset Your Huawei Modem Unlock Count To Zero / How To Set Up Free 40mb Data Plan Using Indian Web Proxy Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.