Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,081 members, 7,852,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:34 PM

Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans (850 Views)

Police Arrest 9 Oro Worshippers For Attacking Muslims, Christians / Monkey Gets Bored, Kidnaps 2-year-old Boy To Play With(video) / Intoxicated Police Officer Fights Dirty At The New Afrika Shrine In Ikeja (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by Earlystar698(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
Most monkeys are no more than about 2 feet tall, but they’re known to be as much as four times stronger than humans.

That’s how one drunk monkey named Kalua was able to tear through 250 people and kill one while on a rampage in India. This week, zookeepers at Kanpur Zoological Park charged with re-assimilating the primate for the last three years have deemed him too dangerous to live among his kind, and have sentenced him to solitary confinement for the rest of his life.

The alcoholic animal belonged to an “occultist” in Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh, whom local authorities believe supplied his pet with a regular diet of hard liquor and, possibly, monkey meat, according to the Daily Mail’s report.

When the owner was found dead, they believe the neglected monkey — likely in the throes of withdrawal — took his aggression to the streets and began roaming the neighbourhood and attacking people, particularly the faces of women and children. Kalua had eluded animal trappers in the forests of Mirzapur for some time before finally being captured, IANS reported.

Kalua, who is now 6 years old, was ultimately brought to the Kanpur Zoo, where he remained hostile towards female zookeepers in particular, as well as monkeys
We kept him in isolation for some months and then shifted him to a separate cage,” said the zoo doctor Mohd Nasir. “There has been no change in his behaviour and he remains as aggressive as he was. It has been three years since he was brought here, but now it has been decided that he will remain in captivity all his life.”
Zoologists who worked with the simian noted that not only is Kalua addicted to alcohol, but he also refused to eat vegetables and another typical monkey fare. They also believe that his rage may have been a result of the cannibalistic regimen the occultist prescribed to his animal.

Kalua may be locked-up tight, but a troop of mischievous monkeys in Meerut, near Delhi, stormed the campus of a medical college last month stealing several coronavirus-positive blood samples and causing outbreak panic in their community.

Although the samples were lost, a local official at the university assured the public there is “no evidence” that monkeys have transmitted COVID-19 to humans at this point.

However, scientists do know that they have the ability to develop “a natural immunity” after exposure to the virus a hint that the same could be said of humans.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/intoxicated-monkey-gets-life-imprisonment-for-attacking-250-humans/amp/

Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by olisaEze(m): 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
'Kalua the angry monkey' was given a diet usually consumed by Indian human males, he has been acting like an average Indian male (normally aggressive to Indian females) and has ended up in jail as some human males usually do.
All of this is unusual for an animal who diets on vegetables as monkeys usually do.
Consequently, humans are aggressive because of their diet of meat. Eg Bokoharam and Fulani herdsmen, na dem chop meat pass for Naija!

Choi! Sense wii not kill me!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by Tissaia(f): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Average I-pigs going through withdrawal
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by GOFRONT(m): 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
G
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by realstars: 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
This Is Intresting, Where Are We?
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by Vyzz: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
I thought my philosophy and logic lecturer told us when we were studying Ethics that....

Among all beings, human beings alone have the ability and capacity to perceive and differentiate between good and evil,justice and injustice and the are the only being that have the ability to choose good over evil.... Animals move on instinct but Man....

Live organized and moral lives and having the ability to discern good and evil, they are the animal that can responsible for their actions, praiseworthy for good conduct and blameworthy for misconduct....

They monkey doesn't know what he is doing
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by illicit(m): 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
monkey post
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by StillWiz: 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
Maybe dem give am monkey tail
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by AskProf: 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
Tissaia:

"Open your eyes, and look within,
Are you satisfied
With the life you're living.

Exodus! Movement of Jah people.

We know where we're going
We're leaving Babylon..."
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by MrHandsome2013: 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
Vyzz:
I thought my philosophy and logic lecturer told us when we were studying Ethics that....

Among all beings, human beings alone have the ability and capacity to perceive and differentiate between good and evil,justice and injustice and the are the only being that have the ability to choose good over evil.... Animals move on instinct but Man....

Live organized and moral lives and having the ability to discern good and evil, they are the animal that can responsible for their actions, praiseworthy for good conduct and blameworthy for misconduct....

Can you literaly say that animals behaviour are amoral?
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by Exmilitant(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2020
Vyzz:

Your lecturer is wrong, if he told you animals 'move' by instinct, what 'moves' man?
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by 143WaZoBia: 12:19am On Jun 20, 2020
Vyzz:

Among all beings, human beings alone have the ability and capacity to perceive and differentiate between good and evil, justice and injustice and the are the only being that have the ability to choose good over evil.... Animals move on instinct but Man....

The only thing the sapient have above other animals in my own understanding is imagination as in vision; to see which is not already there.
Every animal care for their children but attack other animals children as a woman would care for her children and maltreat other peiple’s kids. some even eat them as would a sapient if not for the standards we have built for ourselves over the years.
You don’t ever tell an animal about there organs or what to do with them, they live on their own in the wild, form alliances, have kingdoms, have colonies, they make friends, migrate through seasons as you would. And so on! They know the day, they know the night, they know food, they know water, they know sex, they have governmental system and have patterns of choosing their leaders. And they have emotions; feelings, which is almost the most powerful attributes of both we and them.
But they lack imagination to build houses or protect their future or even make a future.
Housing is not even their problem birds build cities on trees.
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by punisha: 6:05am On Jun 20, 2020
Tissaia:

People like you deserve to be locked up with that monkey.
You are totally unfit for the society.
How are you people so full of hate? Doesn't it consume u? dont u get tired? Every thread has to be turned to a tribal war zone for u.
Guy, go easy on your self. This is no way to live.
Re: Intoxicated Monkey Gets Life Imprisonment For Attacking 250 Humans by Paulynez(m): 6:48am On Jun 20, 2020
That monkey must be a rapist! Assaulting 250 humans, that's unbelievable. BTW who dey do the counting sef??

(1) (Reply)

419 Man Confesses How He Defrauds People In Onitsha (video) / Missing Multi-million Naira Artwork Found In Hosa Okunbo's Farm / Nigerian Lady Narrates How She Confronted Some Men Who Sexually Harassed Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.