Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? (1599 Views)

5 Important Car Tips For The Rainy Season / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by Miee: 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2020
Two days ago we saw the Lekki floods. The boats are coming back again, lol. What car(s) do you own? Can they swim? What cars do you think will survive this period and what cars do you think won’t survive?

Personally, I think bmw are good cars but they seem to be failing us in the waters. Honda’s are not really a thing to write home about. Toyota’s have been great, slow and steady in the waters and they swim good. What’s your take?

1 Like

Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by TPound(m): 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
Miee:
Two days ago we saw the Lekki floods. The boats are coming back again, lol. What car(s) do you own? Can they swim? What cars do you think will survive this period and what cars do you think won’t survive?

Personally, I think bmw are good cars but they seem to be failing us in the waters. Honda’s are not really a thing to write home about. Toyota’s have been great, slow and steady in the waters and they swim good. What’s your take?

Indigenous cars... Canoe

Imported cars... Flying boat...

High end cars... Yacht

5 Likes

Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by SpaceAngel: 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
SUVs.

2 Likes

Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by cyborg123(m): 8:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
My 03 Corolla seems to be doing well. I'm always scared when I'm about to dive into the pools of water though. The water reaches the level of the headlamp base at times.

Only thing I observed is that the wipers just come on on their own while I'm in the water. But this stopped when I replaced my faulty windshield washer pump.

1 Like

Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by Miee: 12:42am On Jun 21, 2020
SpaceAngel:
SUVs.

Can all SUV’s swim well though?
Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by Miee: 12:42am On Jun 21, 2020
TPound:

Indigenous cars... Canoe

High end cars... Yacht

Lol, really?
Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by Miee: 12:43am On Jun 21, 2020
cyborg123:
My 03 Corolla seems to be doing well. I'm always scared when I'm about to dive into the pools of water though. The water reaches the level of the headlamp base at times.

Only thing I observed is that the wipers just come on on their own while I'm in the water. But this stopped when I replaced my faulty windshield washer pump.

That’s a good one. Toyota’s are known to be good swimmers.

2 Likes

Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by Holocene(m): 5:39am On Jun 21, 2020
Get a big SUV
Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by Sellfish(m): 6:59am On Jun 21, 2020
What shall it profit you people to spend so much avoiding Tokumbo Flooded cars only to drive the car you bought in Lagos flood wey be like Abbatoir gutter grin

You bought non-flooded toks vehicle only to flood it by yourself not even with oyinbo hurricane water, but nasty overflowing gutter in okokomaiko sad

Na one day aborted foetus wey dem throw inside gutter go float enter una motor sad

7 Likes

Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by Miee: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2020
Holocene:
Get a big SUV

Lol, not all are great swimmers
Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by Mokelu: 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
TPound:

Indigenous cars... Canoe

High end cars... Yacht

grin
Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by OgaVoltron: 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
Danfo
Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by Federalmike: 10:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
my legediz has been doing well so far , just need a new sole , very soon I go buy Mercedes Benz
Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by Miee: 11:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Federalmike:
my legediz has been doing well so far , just need a new sole , very soon I go buy Mercedes Benz

� sure you will. When you do, please reach out to Ride with Miee to review it.
Re: It’s The Rainy Season. What Regular Cars On Nigerian Roads Can Survive This? by Federalmike: 11:11am On Jun 23, 2020
Miee:

� sure you will. When you do, please reach out to Rude with Miee to review it.

sure thing boss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SWAPPED A 5vz(3400cc) 2002 4runner Engine In To A Hilux Pick-up 2TR / The Enhanced National Drivers License In Nigeria / 2005 Corolla Engine Won't Start After 'ringing'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.