Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

What Is The Meaning Of This? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Meaning Of This? (11102 Views)

What's The Meaning Of These Symbols On Naira Notes / What Is The Meaning Of Akube?! / Meaning Of CEO, MD And Chairman Of A Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of This? by shortgun(m): 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
Look at the message I received today from God knows who.
I've never taken a loan in my life, never stood as a guarantor for any loan..
Is this a new scam format in town?

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by shilenji(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
grin grin the message cracked me up like crazy, let them take legal action first grin please someone should gimme that company's name lemme goan collect my share too. I go drop 08123456789 as my ..........

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by shortgun(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
shilenji:
grin grin the message cracked me up like crazy, let them take legal action first grin please someone should gimme that company's name lemme goan collect my share too. I go drop 08123456789 as my ..........
I've been searching for their contact online but couldn't find any.
The company exists, I've visited their Facebook page,it's wailing upon wailing for people who transacted with them.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by shilenji(m): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2020
shortgun:

I've been searching for their contact online but couldn't find any.
The company exists, I've visited their Facebook page,it's wailing upon wailing for people who transacted with them.
some scammers are probably using the company's name,its just unlogical for your number to be used without you signing any undertaken or without the company contacting you , even if its real you won the case.
Mafo.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by Enoch07: 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
naija which way
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by shortgun(m): 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
shilenji:
some scammers are probably using the company's name,its just unlogical for your number to be used without you signing any undertaken or without the company contacting you , even if its real you won the case.
Mafo.
Tot as much
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by Dynamiq(m): 7:09am On Nov 06, 2020
Lol so these people are still doing this nonsense. They sent a very similar sms to me yesterday; they called themselves 'CreditMesan' (I am even hearing the name for the first time) and they mentioned the name of someone I never even knew, as their debtor. And they wanted me to take responsibility for a debt owed them by a person I never knew who gave them my number as an 'emergency ccontact' without my knowledge or authorization.
Then I began to laugh when they threatened to report me to the Nigerian Army grin
Not knowing that my immediate boss himself is a very senior army officer and a legal personnel for that matter.
We've been waiting for them for several days now...
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by tiemod: 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
Also got same text.message from these fraudulent guys

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by georgee(m): 10:09am On Jan 22, 2021
They sent same nonsense to me just now and i was WTF angry

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by EagleScope01: 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2021
Just got the stupid sms now. The contact quoted is someone I have not been in touch with for abt 4yrs now.. E be things
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by tmoney24: 8:57am On May 11, 2021
Waiting for them to call me,kin wa gbe won she iyalaya Epe,I got the same message from them yesterday and I called the lady they claimed she took the loan's number but na male dey carry the phone.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by Observer20: 1:19pm On May 11, 2021
New scam, run o!
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by Amatin: 10:23pm On May 19, 2021
Just imagine
Lol.......

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by Officialhow(m): 9:37am On May 20, 2021
It's not a scam. The message means the name quoted in the message has your contact and has defaulted in paying back the loan he/she applied for. So they always send this message to everyone on such person's phonebook. They probably go to the network provider to retrieve them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by Tpharell: 8:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
Officialhow:
It's not a scam. The message means the name quoted in the message has your contact and has defaulted in paying back the loan he/she applied for. So they always send this message to everyone on such person's phonebook. They probably go to the network provider to retrieve them.
It is clear how easy it will be to scam you
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by BloomsJob: 10:09am On Jul 22, 2021
I got the same message today. scammers everywhere. How can someone you don't know use you as a emergency contact person? calling them is given them opportunity to complete their softwork grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by JayJayGee: 11:01am On Jul 28, 2021
Tpharell:

It is clear how easy it will be to scam you
It is actually not a scam

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This? by steady986(m): 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2021
JayJayGee:

It is actually not a scam

Yea I guess so, because I and my mom received similar message, and the defaulter is my cousin.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

WHO Rejects Cigarette Manufacturer’s $960m Anti-smoking Foundation / Cargo From US To Nigeria (Jos, Abuja) / Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.