Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility (24139 Views)

Arteta Says Arsenal Are "Obliged" To Be In The Champions League / It Would Be Shocking If Ighalo Walks Away From Man Utd Says Arsenal Legend / Liverpool Is Just Like Everyone Else... Says Arsenal New Boy Pablo Mari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by ogbiwa: 7:21am On Jun 21, 2020
Brighton match-winner Neal Maupay said Arsenal got what they deserved after they criticised him for his role in a serious injury to keeper Bernd Leno.

Leno landed awkwardly after being nudged by Maupay and had to be carried off on a stretcher as Arsenal lost 2-1.

German Leno sat up as he was being carried off and pointed at Maupay, while Arsenal players surrounded the Brighton player at full-time.

Some of their players need to learn what is humility," said Maupay.

Arsenal's French midfielder Matteo Guendouzi had to be pulled away from Maupay by his team-mates after the final whistle as Brighton came from behind to win.

"One of them was talking the whole game and saying really bad things," added Maupay.

"When I scored I just had to say 'listen, that is what happens when you say bad things on the pitch'.

At half-time I went to the manager Mikel Arteta to apologise. I never meant to injure the keeper. I jumped for the ball. I apologise to the team and to him as well. I have been through a bad injury, it is hard.

"Arsenal players maybe need to learn humility sometimes. They were talking a lot. They got what they deserved.

"I just went to get the ball really. When he landed he twisted his knee. It is football, there is contact. I never meant to hurt him. I apologise again and wish him a speedy recovery."

This was Arsenal's second game back following the restart after losing 3-0 at Manchester City on Wednesday, when Switzerland midfielder Granit Xhaka and Spanish defender Pablo Mari were injured.

Gunners boss Arteta was also missing Brazilian defender David Luiz, who was sent off against City.

Leno was replaced by Emiliano Martinez with the game goalless. Nicolas Pepe fired the Gunners into the lead but Lewis Dunk equalised before Maupay's late winner in the fifth minute of stoppage time.

Speaking after the game, Arteta said Leno's injury "doesn't look good" but does not believe Maupay deliberately intended to injure the German keeper.

"I always believe players don't have intention to injure people and I am sure he did not intend to do that," added the Spaniard, whose side are eight points off a top-four spot with eight games left.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53122004

2 Likes

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by logon599: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2020
This is arsenal that the likes of mancity will be trembling at the knees before playing them in the days of viera, henry, bergkamp and sol Campbell. Now Brighton are making a mockery of them. Lesson: make the most of every opportunity at the top. It may not last forever.

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Khayceeofficial(m): 7:31am On Jun 21, 2020
Guendozie was pissed AF after the match but Maupay just dhe provoke the guy matter join instead of fighting back...matured ni**a

If you come ask am wetin happen,e go lamba say na because the guy break him keeper leg grin grin grin

Footballers sabi lie like mad
You kick ball go throwing,you run up carry am again grin grin grin

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by EzzyCarter: 7:35am On Jun 21, 2020
Someone said the new meaning of AIDS is Arsenal Is Dying Slowly grin. I almost wept sad

176 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by lonelydora: 7:58am On Jun 21, 2020
Arteta is the ONLY person more useless than Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Dangrace01: 7:58am On Jun 21, 2020
What
Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Bobbystanley(m): 7:58am On Jun 21, 2020
Arsenal need a Total Overhaul.Hiring Arteta was a big Gamble that could end in tears.

Dude is Usually Confused.

We can now see how much of a Genius Arsene Wenger was.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by MrOjay1(m): 7:58am On Jun 21, 2020
This Maupay guy is very lucky most Arsenal players are lily livered.If he had committed this at an aggressive club like Burnley,Tottenham or Sheffield,he would have been carried off in an ambulance.
Lostz:

he did nothing wrong. it was a 50 50 ball and Leno was unlucky to come out worst

It was never a 50 50 ball.Leno had already claimed the ball.

15 Likes

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Melvis100(m): 7:59am On Jun 21, 2020
Everybody can now caution arsenal.. Thierry Henry would be weeping for his legacies..

23 Likes

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by IMO01: 7:59am On Jun 21, 2020
K
Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by PrimeWatermark: 7:59am On Jun 21, 2020
URGENT HOSPITAL VACANCIES!!!

@ SURULERE, LAGOS.
1. Experienced Nursing Sister or Matron to head Nurses in a new ULTRAMODERN HOSPITAL.
2. Lab Scientists
3. Lab Technician
4. Imaging Technician
5. Pharmacy Technician

@ OKOTA, LAGOS.
1. Medical Officers
2. Pharmacy Technicians
3. Male Nurses

CVs to be sent to the email address in the signature.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by paulolee(m): 7:59am On Jun 21, 2020
good..nice coming from maupa, he was wrong hitting leno in his own territory even wen leno already had d ball on easily in his arms on air bt dt leno injury was accidental due to leno bad landing....and also it was so unprofessional seeing leno shouting at the maupa guy wen leno was stretched out because it made it seems asif the guy did it intentionally and i saw the guy kinda feeling bad during the match bt went ahead and apologized to arterta and the worst part was wen the same maupa guy still come to score dt final winning goal against arsernal n i hope arsenal did learn from wat happened yesterday....arsenal stopped playing as soon as they scored, saw no need for removing saka dt was d best player on d pitch, auba had 3 key chances to kill dt game dt aguero or haaland wud av buried on a nornal day and lastly arsenal shud learn to do dier talking on d pitch like maupa..

17 Likes

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Esanboy111(m): 7:59am On Jun 21, 2020
Sacking arsene wenger was arsenal greatest mistake

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by gambia(m): 7:59am On Jun 21, 2020
Useless club, thank God i didnt watch the game undecided

2 Likes

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by beautyhd: 8:00am On Jun 21, 2020
Arsenal is dead

Look at Brighton lecturing the gunners without guns on humility.

It is finished

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by SweetCunt97(f): 8:00am On Jun 21, 2020
Match wey cut ticket like no tomorrow... Mtcheeew

5 Likes

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by pregnantMan: 8:00am On Jun 21, 2020
Ass-nal is trash

5 Likes

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Anny505(m): 8:00am On Jun 21, 2020
Sorry to all gamblers that picked Arsenal straight win yesterday

13 Likes

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Zuriel23: 8:01am On Jun 21, 2020
League don start now, Arsenal fans go de Lin now some there BP go go more higher now. With this covid 19 palaver, this is the worst time to be an Arsenal fan.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 21, 2020
assAnal need a surgery. too much rape has damaged them

5 Likes

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Igbonoid: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by mrkings84(m): 8:02am On Jun 21, 2020
Arsenal is worst now than in Wenger's time

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by wilemer: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2020
obgiwa:
Brighton match-winner Neal Maupay said Arsenal got what they deserved after they criticised him for his role in a serious injury to keeper Bernd Leno.
Leno landed awkwardly after being nudged by Maupay and had to be carried off on a stretcher as Arsenal lost 2-1.

salt to injury sad

1 Like

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2020
SweetCunt97:

you dea play ticket?
Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by helinues: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2020
grin

No be your fault now... Everybody just dey rape Arsenal upadan.

Shame on the board, the coach and the players.

Bellerin has been playing for Arsenal regularly since almost 3 years yet ordinary ball crossing, he can't do

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by bigtt76(f): 8:03am On Jun 21, 2020
After cutting people's tickets yesterday, this guy still de talk? He get mind o cheesy

ogbiwa:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53122004

1 Like

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 21, 2020
SweetCunt97:
u too
Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by optimismlaz(m): 8:03am On Jun 21, 2020
You mean Arsenal is dying slowly (AIDS) haba people get bad mouth tire!

1 Like

Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 21, 2020
Lol
Re: Neal Maupa Says Arsenal Players Need To Learn Humility by sunshineV(f): 8:03am On Jun 21, 2020
I'll never understand how some people carry their money and watch arsenal match grin

it's just like burning the money

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Messi, Maguire & Ramos In Europe‘s Worst Team Of The Season / Usain Bolt Celebrates 31st Birthday, Showered With Champagne By Friends / Will You Still Watch El Clasico Without The Rivalry Between Messi And Ronaldo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.