Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? (233 Views)

As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Thinking To Do Bad And You Didn't Do It Is That A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? by tobechi20(m): 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
I have seen righteous ,kind Christian perform acts I never knew they were capable of. Why is this so?

1)anonymity and deindividualisation : When we are in a group, we are not personally responsible for our action. The group is. Have you noticed lord chosen members can be gentle when alone and mildly violent when in group. Getting lost in the crowd can affect our decision making process

2)
Obedience to authority
A student once sowed his school fees to church as a seed of faith simply because pastor said so. he didn't realise he was disobeying his parent instruction to pay the money to school authority. I know wife's who starve husband of sex because pastor gave a 40 day fasting prescription and sex during fast is a sin.

3)Bible permits It

If Abraham could lie , then lying is permissible. It is called holy lie.God will understand. If Abraham could attempt to kill his son because God said so, A good Christian just need biblical backup to justify a bad deed.

4) Dehumanization of enemy: No good Christian would give birth to a child and abandon it in the gutter. But get a pastor to call the child a witch and he will happily do it. Do you doubt me,bgo to cross river state and see children burnt .Sorry,they are witches.

Add other reasons.
Re: What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? by Kemimarch16(f): 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nobody is perfect expect God.
Re: What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? by Missyajoke(f): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
Because they're human
Re: What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? by extol1(m): 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2020
those above me say it all
Re: What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? by Ugaboy: 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
Kemimarch16:
Nobody is perfect expect God.
Expect?
Re: What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? by Sabby1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
Good or devout Christians sometimes sin or do bad because of their human nature

St Paul stated it clearly in Romans 7:25 (New Living Translation) that "Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my SINFUL NATURE I AM A SLAVE TO SIN."

Most times, they don't really want to do bad

In Romans 7:15 (New Living Translation), At Paul said that "I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate."

I recommend you read Romans 7:7-25
Re: What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? by imustmakeit(m): 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
Flesh
Re: What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? by Kemimarch16(f): 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ugaboy:
Expect?
God
Re: What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? by tobechi20(m): 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
Kemimarch16:
God
Except
Re: What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? by Kemimarch16(f): 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
tobechi20:

Except
Typical error,thanks anyways
Re: What Makes A Good Christian Do Bad Thing? by Kobojunkie: 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
tobechi20:
I have seen righteous ,kind Christian perform acts I never knew they were capable of. Why is this so?
No you have not @OP. For you see it is impossible for a good tree to produce bad fruits, and impossible for a bad fruit to produce good fruits.
tobechi20:
1)anonymity and deindividualisation : When we are in a group, we are not personally responsible for our action. The group is. Have you noticed lord chosen members can be gentle when alone and mildly violent when in group. Getting lost in the crowd can affect our decision making process
Those who act that way are people who only act or pretend to be responsible when alone. They are not righteous but simply wolves in sheep's clothings.
tobechi20:
2) Obedience to authority
A student once sowed his school fees to church as a seed of faith simply because pastor said so. he didn't realise he was disobeying his parent instruction to pay the money to school authority. I know wife's who starve husband of sex because pastor gave a 40 day fasting prescription and sex during fast is a sin.
Your student is what is referred to as meek, only in his case, he did not realize his meekness(submission) is meant for God and not for man, or man's doctrines and rules. He is not alone by the way, for you see, many out there who submit themselves to the authority of ordinary men who claim to be men-of-god or the lot, are people who have let themselves be led astray, mostly out of ignorance.
tobechi20:
3)Bible permits It
If Abraham could lie , then lying is permissible. It is called holy lie.God will understand. If Abraham could attempt to kill his son because God said so, A good Christian just need biblical backup to justify a bad deed.
The Bible is not the word of God. It is a book, however, that contains the written words of God. The word of God happens to be every word that comes out of the Mouth of God. And since the commandments as regards sin came from God's mouth to Moses, it is God's word and is TRUTH. Jesus Christ is also the Word of God as He is God's word made flesh.

Abraham was an ordinary man like any one of us, who sinned the same as any of us. To take his word or actions as the law is nothing but foolishness.
tobechi20:
4) Dehumanization of enemy: No good Christian would give birth to a child and abandon it in the gutter. But get a pastor to call the child a witch and he will happily do it. Do you doubt me,bgo to cross river state and see children burnt .Sorry,they are witches.
Add other reasons.
This is back to the case of the foolish meek individuals who submit their lives to other human beings. God made known their lot this way...

Jeremiah 17 vs 5-6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength,[a] whose heart turns away from the Lord.
6. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land.

(1) (Reply)

Ubie Monarch Receive Eze Nwe Ula Ubio Community. / AMAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! *"daddy, I Didn't Rape Her; God Was My Witness"* / Viral Video Reveals What Prophet TB Joshua Does Before Going To Altar To Preach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.