Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? (5427 Views)

As A Christian; Do You Know About The Existence Of This Lizard?(Pix) / Divorce & Remarriage, Can A Christian Do It? Is God Ok With It? / EndSARS: Pastor Enenche On Protest 'Nigerians Have Been Keeping Quiet For Long' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by ebubeson: 11:51pm On Mar 02
Do not confuse midnight prayers or joining an online praying platform as quiet time. Those are good, but they are different from quiet time. Quiet time is a special period in the morning where you pray, read the Bible, read devotional(s), digest them, meditate on them, pray the word and prepare yourself in God for the day. It is a personal communion with God mostly or always done in the morning..
The question now is: do many Christians still do quality quiet time?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Sirmwill: 11:55pm On Mar 02
It is well

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by paxonel(m): 1:03am On Mar 03
It depend on the Christian.
Not all Christians have that time to spend.
Some people already have their targets for the day, wakes up and say a little prayer for less than one minute and off they go.
And they will achieve so much for the day than those who spent hours quieting their time

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by ebubeson: 9:24am On Mar 03
paxonel:
Some people already have their targets for the day, wakes up and say a little prayer for less than one minute and off they go.
And they will achieve so much for the day than those who spent hours quieting their time
You may have a good quiet time for 30 minutes

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by AntiChristian: 9:41am On Mar 03
embarassed
ebubeson:
Do not confuse midnight prayers or joining an online praying platform as quiet time. Those are good, but they are different from quiet time. Quiet time is a special period in the morning where you pray, read the Bible, read devotional(s), digest them, meditate on them, pray the word and prepare yourself in God for the day. It is a personal communion with God mostly or always done in the morning..

Where did Jesus have just one quality quiet time doing all those things you mentioned?

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Coder2Client(m): 9:42am On Mar 03
Quiet Time is for practising Christians (devout) not just Christian by name

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:42am On Mar 03
balablu has successfully made us to be using quiet time to be doin checks & balance for d day plus budgetary planning instead... planning how to get by by every single day!

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:43am On Mar 03
How una dey take keep all the numerous rules you gotta keep as christians?

Anyway, that's true but no time limit

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by princetom1(m): 9:45am On Mar 03
Do people still serve God now? Or all they do is shout like mad people, dance like they are in a club... I don't know where and how they come up with shouting and dancing like mad people constitute worshipping God

4 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Daniel7543: 9:45am On Mar 03
You dat is reading my comment, if u don’t repent frm ur sins today, u will die nd perish in hell fire… fire go roast u like barbecue. U will dieee.
Happy Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Bahamas95(m): 9:48am On Mar 03
ebubeson:
You may have a good quiet time for 30 minutes
That can only happen in the abroad.

If you try that in Nigeria hunger go wire you if you ain't loaded already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by omoredia: 9:49am On Mar 03
I do but not as Adeboye does his own. I commune with my God all the time

4 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by JOACHINpedro: 9:51am On Mar 03
I do meditate sometimes esp when shege don too much

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Justiceleague1: 9:55am On Mar 03
I try to everyday.
I have Daily Guide devotional from Scripture Union.
It's a very comprehensive guide.

4 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by WorkBank: 9:56am On Mar 03
In these days of social media, hmmmmmmm,
Quite time is old school.
Na Web time now.
Online everything.
People can't do without phones

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by femi4: 10:03am On Mar 03
ebubeson:
Quiet time is not synonymous to morning prayer. It can be in any other time of the day.

It's human doctrine that linked Quiet time to morning not Jesus

After [Jesus] had dismissed [the crowds], he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was [still] there alone.” (Matthew 14:23

QUIET TIME means alone with God, the time or the hour of meeting is irrelevant

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by MisterBanny(m): 10:05am On Mar 03
God should pls touch someone to help me
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by jude33084(m): 10:10am On Mar 03
It is not important and not a basic need!

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by lexy2014: 10:10am On Mar 03
paxonel:

how do you know?

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by lexy2014: 10:11am On Mar 03
NPFLADMIN:
How una dey take keep all the numerous rules you gotta keep as christians?

Anyway, that's true but no time limit

what are those rules?

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by anungangampu: 10:11am On Mar 03
All my life is a quite time.
Embrace Stoic Virtue to give meaning to your Christian quite time.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Truefaith: 10:23am On Mar 03
N b
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by free2ryhme: 10:26am On Mar 03
ebubeson:

God help us

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Basicend: 10:36am On Mar 03
femi4:
Quiet time is not synonymous to morning prayer. It can be in any other time of the day.

After [Jesus] had dismissed [the crowds], he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was [still] there alone.” (Matthew 14:23

Absolutely.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Basicend: 10:38am On Mar 03
omoredia:
I do but not as Adeboye does his own. I commune with my God all the time

Why don't you leave Adeboye's name out of this, and focus on the context.

Run your own journey and leave God's servants for God to judge. Pele.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by MrJonny(m): 10:47am On Mar 03
What do you refer to as quiet time? What do you at that time?
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by advocatejare(m): 10:52am On Mar 03
Sure
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by advocatejare(m): 10:53am On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
embarassed

Where did Jesus have just one quality quiet time doing all those things you mentioned?
Rubbish as usual
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by Gbogbowa: 11:09am On Mar 03
femi4:

I believe you have relationship with God keep it up his Grace will be enough for us
Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by biggal: 11:34am On Mar 03
I do. Infact that's the best thing that happens to me every day. If I don't it seems something is missing out that day.

I enjoyyyyyy quiet time like madddd.

I got a lot of closed door intimacy with my God and He tells me alot.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by biggal: 11:36am On Mar 03
Yes you are correct but I have doubts where you said it's not biblical doing it in the morning.
I read in some verses where Jesus woke up very early while others were still sleeping and He retired to a solitary place to observe ahis quiet time.

femi4:

Re: As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? by omoredia: 11:45am On Mar 03
Basicend:

Why don't you leave Adeboye's name out of this, and focus on the context.

Run your own journey and leave God's servants for God to judge. Pele.

Tinubu servants not God's servant pls. Stop deceiving urself

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna State Imam, Ibrahim Kazim Converts To Christian In Rome / What Unique Thing Will You Do This Xmas / Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.