Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? (1249 Views)

Omos Didn’t Realize How Popular Wrestling Is In Nigeria Until He Came Home / WWE: Have Ever Think That The Deadly Wrestling Is Fake? [pictures] / Video Of Professional Wrestling In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by rekeson: 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
At what age did you finally realise professional wrestling (WWF, WWE, NXT, TNA, etc) is just acting for entertainment purpose ?

I was 26 years old when I finally came to this sad realisation. I so much believed it was real and would fiercely argue with anyone that thinks otherwise.

It was Chris Jericho's interview of 2010 or was it 2011 that finally did the brain reset. He mentioned that even though the fights are predetermined, the whole stuff is still very enjoyable.

That was the last time I enjoyed watching WWE.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by zoeA: 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
You mean all the fights?
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by rekeson: 2:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
zoeA:
You mean all the fights?
Yes bro
I guess you are just knowing this today !!!!
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by Baiser(m): 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
Even d one dat blood will be gushing out?

I know its fake since sef, cos if you compare boxing, 10 mins fight, boxer face don turn amoeba, but that wrestling....you go knack head for iron, for steel table, for person leg and u go still look fresh.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by Ngenge(m): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
A lot of partiality is involved and it doesn't look real to me. I don't care if it's acted or not
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by zoeA: 2:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
rekeson:

Yes bro

I guess you are just knowing this today !!!!
I knew... But I still believe there are real beef matches
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by rekeson: 6:31am On Jun 25, 2020
zoeA:

I knew... But I still believe there are real beef matches

Well the only thing close to a real beef was when Bret Hart wanted to leave WWE back then. Vince McMahon insisted he lose his last championship game so that he won't leave WWE with the championship.

Bret Hart insisted he wants to leave a hero and not a defeated tramp. So when the match started both his opponent and referee gave him the signal it is time to fake it so that his opponent can win. Hart refused to be pinned thereby making the match to drag on for too long.

Vince McMahon couldn't take it anymore and I think he came in as a referee and counted 3 even when Hart kicked out of the pin. That was how Hart was defeated unwillingly.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 25, 2020
I was 14 when I got to know. My dad's friend told him it was all stage managed stuff. My dad, brother, uncle and I used to stay up till 11pm to watch WWF as it was known then. When I heard it I decided to watch it more keenly. Rewatching Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan a few nights later opened my eyes to the charade.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by rekeson: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:
I was 14 when I got to know. My dad's friend told him it was all stage managed stuff. My dad, brother, uncle and I used to stay up till 11pm to watch WWF as it was known then. When I heard it I decided to watch it more keenly. Rewatching Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan a few nights later opened my eyes to the charade.

Lol

The acting back then was so realistic and believable. What we see now is a complete joke.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
It is a sport entertainment and sports is not an activity where you kill people.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by Gbest90(m): 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2020
I realized they were playing a script when entertainers such as Shawn Michael's, Triple H, Kane, Undertaker, Mystereo, young Cena etc starting fading away from the Scene.

The aforementioned, left no reason for doubt. The way they perform made wrestling look so real.

I started becoming suspicious watching some of these "new generation" entertainers. They weren't really convincing.

And so my suspicion, triggered curiosity which prompted me to carry out a research. And that was how I finally got to know.

I really missed those old lads, especially Shawn Michael's ( He made me fall in love with wrestling )

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by Gbest90(m): 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2020
rekeson:

Well the only thing close to a real beef was when Bret Hart wanted to leave WWE back then. Vince McMahon insisted he lose his last championship game so that he won't leave WWE with the championship.

Bret Hart insisted he wants to leave a hero and not a defeated tramp. So when the match started both his opponent and referee gave him the signal it is time to fake it so that his opponent can win. Hart refused to be pinned thereby making the match to drag on for too long.

Vince McMahon couldn't take it anymore and I think he came in as a referee and counted 3 even when Hart kicked out of the pin. That was how Hart was defeated unwillingly.

Even this match was scripted!
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by rekeson: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2020
Gbest90:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I guess u are right
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by rekeson: 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
It is a sport entertainment and sports is not an activity where you kill people.

But people erroneously analyse it like it's some real fight just like boxing and MMA, etc...
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by cassyrooy(m): 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
I stopped watching it in 2007/2008.

But the greatest match I ever watched was “Stone Cold” Steve Austin’s retirement fight where Shawn Michaels put in a fight that was so believeable.

My interest died a natural death anyways because I hated the violence it all depicts.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by Obzerfapex(m): 9:08pm On Jun 25, 2020
That why it is call entertainment and it is cool
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by theoneJabulani(m): 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2020
Gbest90:

the Montreal screwjob wasn't scripted, for years, it caused friction between Vince and some wrestlers with allegiance to Bret. Even the undertaker was reportedly furious, someone like Bret could be treated like that.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by theoneJabulani(m): 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2020
Gbest90:

the Montreal screwjob wasn't scripted, for years it caused friction between Vince and some wrestlers with allegiance to Bret. Even the undertaker was reportedly furious, someone like Bret could be treated like that.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by paulolee(m): 10:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
its bin long
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by Danny50: 10:44pm On Jun 25, 2020
I used to argue with my guys concerning this thing but i had to go on reserch by buying more of them to watch but till now i haven't told them that the stuff is fake because they will so much mock at me.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by rekeson: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2020
Danny50:
I used to argue with my guys concerning this thing but i had to go on reserch by buying more of them to watch but till now i haven't told them that the stuff is fake because they will so much mock at me.

Lol same here. I haven't been bold enough to admit to my friends that they were right all along.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by Vickho6(m): 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
I was 20yrs when a sport analyst said it all and i paid maximum attention to it,, I con realize that it true,,, even when blood is gushing out na acting
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by rekeson: 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Vickho6:
I was 20yrs when a sport analyst said it all and i paid maximum attention to it,, I con realize that it true,,, even when blood is gushing out na acting

They do get injured for real sha.

The fights are as real as it can be, but it doesn't mean one is winning the other because he is stronger. The outcome of each fight is known weeks ahead of the fight/performance.
Re: At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? by Danny50: 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
rekeson:

Lol same here. I haven't been bold enough to admit to my friends that they were right all along.
Lol the truth is always bitter but i just have to keep it to myself.

(1) (Reply)

See / Players Of Nigerian Descent May Dominate Arsenal's First Team Soon. / Bayern Munich Should Be Given The League Title And Told To Stop Playing For Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.