Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,184 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Between Germany And Norway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Between Germany And Norway (2455 Views)

Between Germany And France Which Is Better For Family Migration? / Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) / Between Canada, Germany, US And Norway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Germany And Norway by tospel: 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hi Nairalander, Good evening from here!

I've since the two weeks ago working on finding the best medium to travel out of this shithole country legally without much hassle, and these countries - Germany and Norway - caught my dear attention because they offer free tuition fee, even for international students since work visa seems impossible for international, especially the developing countries.

The only barrier here is their language which is important for successful integration and the bureaucratic procedure especially the money you've to pay into the block account before being granted the study visa.

Now my question, I already have a Bachelor degree here in Nigeria and I'm considering studying Nursing in either of these aforementioned country university, but I'm been torn apart.

How can one from here secure admission into their nursing program? Which among the two countries will be easier to process for admission process?

Your suggestions and contribution positively will go a very long way.

Thanks and regards

2 Likes

Re: Between Germany And Norway by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 23, 2020
tospel:
Hi Nairalander, Good evening from here!

I've since the two weeks ago working on finding the best medium to travel out of this shithole country legally without much hassle, and these countries - Germany and Norway - caught my dear attention because they offer free tuition fee, even for international students since work visa seems impossible for international, especially the developing countries.

The only barrier here is their language which is important for successful integration and the bureaucratic procedure especially the money you've to pay into the block account before being granted the study visa.

Now my question, I already have a Bachelor degree here in Nigeria and I'm considering studying Nursing in either of these aforementioned country university, but I'm been torn apart.

How can one from here secure admission into their nursing program? Which among the two countries will be easier to process for admission process?

Your suggestions and contribution positively will go a very long way.

Thanks and regards

You can Google about your course of choice, also you should get in touch with the schools you have in mind....

You can do a little research then add it up with the ones here.....

I hope you have about 5million naira for.blocked account if you're going to Germany....also, sincr you're going for a seconf degree, it will kinda be easier for.you, but you'll have learn German I think up to B2.......

Be strong and show interest, as for learning Deutsch, don't mind what people say that it's hard to learn it.....within a six months of learning it, you'll be able to pass B1 exam......

Don't forget to start making contacts from here both Nigerians and Germans......

I think this is what I can remember....

Willkommen in Deutschland

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Germany And Norway by Tracynenye: 8:43am On Jun 23, 2020
Hey tospel please I am interested in studying nursing as well I already have a bsc in accounting .Please what stage are you in now with your applications?

2 Likes

Re: Between Germany And Norway by bamdexfarms(m): 8:51am On Jun 23, 2020
Nursing in Germany requires that you speak Deutsch up to B2/C1 level as it is taught completely in Deutsch. Despite the challenges we are facing as a country, please desist from calling Nigeria a shithole! I am in Germany and I am still proud to be a Nigerian.

8 Likes

Re: Between Germany And Norway by MiamiePizza(m): 9:09am On Jun 23, 2020
Nigeria is not a sh!thole, she's just facing lotta challenges. All countries got their own challenges. About your search, I think Germany is better but I'd advice if you search outside the box... maybe Canada, you gonna love it there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Germany And Norway by 2Lynx(m): 10:05am On Jun 23, 2020
There are many ( different) tread on the forum dedicated to both Germany and Norway if you can piece the Info's together you will be alright.

Germany: But first thing is that you will have to prepare 4million+ for the block account or if you have a sponsor over there ready to mostly part away with 1000+ euro no problem, not ruling out the fact that you can get a scholarship too.

The language: very important you can register at any accredited German language school (goethe something forgotten it's name at Lagos), or just get material and tutorials online, I bet that if you are serious within 4-6month you would have gone far

Cost of living/ other major and minor expenses: make research about this very well. This seems to be the bane of most Nigerians going overseas very thing no green there as you think, make enough preparation (accomdation e.t.c) so you no go constitute nusicance for there. Check other nairaland forums as you might be able to get information on thses.

But OP since its nursing why not try the US or Canada like the poster above mentioned, I bet you many opportunity awaits you far more than Europe.
I don't know much oo,
Lastly do good because you are reping Nigeria wherever you go.
Nigeria is not a SHITHOLE its just passing through a phase which other country passes in a way or the other at some point before a breakthrough
Re: Between Germany And Norway by themaestro08(m): 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
MiamiePizza:
Nigeria is not a sh!thole, she's just facing lotta challenges. All countries got their own challenges. About your search, I think Germany is better but I'd advice if you search outside the box... maybe Canada, you gonna love it there.

Bro we are all patriotic citizens... But how can you defend an absolute tragedy of a country like Nigeria in a rational debate?

2 Likes

Re: Between Germany And Norway by tospel: 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2020
2Lynx:

But OP since its nursing why not try the US or Canada like the poster above mentioned, I bet you many opportunity awaits you far more than Europe.

Thanks 2Lynx. Getting US student visa for Nigeria seems impossible at present, with the present immigration law, under this present US government. Most friends of mine there advise migrating first to a developed European countries before emigrating down to America.

If there are ways you think can be navigated, kindly share your tot

Lastly do good because you are reping Nigeria wherever you go.

That's the motive bro!

Nigeria is not a SHITHOLE its just passing through a phase which other country passes in a way or the other at some point before a breakthrough

How can you justify a father that neglect his children when they needed him most? Our leaders have made us to understand that the only interest in their heart is of theirs and not of the populace!
Thou I won't because of that denial my nationality, I'm still a Nigerian.. everywhere I go!

3 Likes

Re: Between Germany And Norway by tospel: 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
MiamiePizza:

I think Germany is better but I'd advice if you search outside the box... maybe Canada, you gonna love it there.

Thanks MiamiePizza for the kind suggestion. Regards to Canada. I've been in the canny pool for over 2 years now, the CRS score keep increasing and the tuition fee for international students is out of reach. Can you imagine int'l students to pay $10k CAD per session. The side gig for considering either of these two countries is cos they offer free tuition fee for international students, even to PhD level.

Nevertheless, I'll appreciate further suggestions.
Thanks
Re: Between Germany And Norway by Nobody: 1:44am On Jun 24, 2020
A word of advice: if you can afford 5 million for German blocked account, please better direct your energy and money to USA, Canada or UK.

Firstly, you’d have to learn German language up to B2/C1, your lectures will be in German, then after you graduate, you won’t get the job you deserve. You’ll end up working with old and disabled people or special needs kids. At most, you’ll prepare people for surgery and arrange beds. That’s what black nurses do here. You won’t even work in front desk or visible areas

It could be the same in other countries but at least you’ll get more respect in US or UK, as a nurse. You’ll also have a chance to excel in those places and even when you feel discriminated against, you have better protection.

Trust me you wouldn’t want to be the only black nurse in the entire hospital. That’s what you’ll likely be in Germany and it won’t be easy. Germans won’t believe you know what you’re doing and hospitals don’t want any sort of confrontation. I know many black nurses from Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Congo and Jamaica.

Same applies to Norway. I’ve been there several times and Germany is better. Norway won’t even give you a chance to succeed. It is a rich, classist country with terrible people. Unwelcoming to say the least. You can make more money there but you’ll break your neck before you get a chance.

This advice only applies to nursing and medical field in Germany. If you were coming to study something else, I would highly recommend Germany.

9 Likes

Re: Between Germany And Norway by Nobody: 2:15am On Jun 24, 2020
To add, if you intend to study nursing in Germany and relocate to another country to work, say US or UK, you should know that you may have difficulty settling into the system of the other country. Example is the language barrier in your studies.
The medical terms you’ll learn in Germany will be in German language, which you may find difficult in an English speaking country. Also the medical laws are different. You’ll have your license to practice but you’ll need to re-learn many things. Except you want to open your own clinic and do it your way.

This is why German medical practitioners would rather relocate to an EU country like Switzerland to practice, than US. Except for the ones who also studied in US, for example or studied in English at some point.

This is also why it is hard to find an English speaking psychologist or therapist in Germany. Because they studied in German language and would rather work 100% in German even if they speak English. They don’t feel efficient in another language. This affects foreigners who need therapy.

3 Likes

Re: Between Germany And Norway by Savagethe21st(m): 2:54am On Jun 24, 2020
Danielhouston:
A word of advice: if you can afford 5 million for German blocked account, please better direct your energy and money to USA, Canada or UK.

Firstly, you’d have to learn German language up to B2/C1, your lectures will be in German, then after you graduate, you won’t get the job you deserve. You’ll end up working with old and disabled people or special needs kids. At most, you’ll prepare people for surgery and arrange beds. That’s what black nurses do here. You won’t even work in front desk or visible areas

It could be the same in other countries but at least you’ll get more respect in US or UK, as a nurse. You’ll also have a chance to excel in those places and even when you feel discriminated against, you have better protection.

Trust me you wouldn’t want to be the only black nurse in the entire hospital. That’s what you’ll likely be in Germany and it won’t be easy. Germans won’t believe you know what you’re doing and hospitals don’t want any sort of confrontation. I know many black nurses from Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Congo and Jamaica.

Same applies to Norway. I’ve been there several times and Germany is better. Norway won’t even give you a chance to succeed. It is a rich, classist country with terrible people. Unwelcoming to say the least. You can make more money there but you’ll break your neck before you get a chance.

This advice only applies to nursing and medical field in Germany. If you were coming to study something else, I would highly recommend Germany.
at least She'll earn the same salary as other nurses even though she dresses bed
Re: Between Germany And Norway by lordally(m): 7:45am On Jun 24, 2020
Danielhouston:
To add, if you intend to study nursing in Germany and relocate to another country to work, say US or UK, you should know that you may have difficulty settling into the system of the other country. Example is the language barrier in your studies.
The medical terms you’ll learn in Germany will be in German language, which you may find difficult in an English speaking country. Also the medical laws are different. You’ll have your license to practice but you’ll need to re-learn many things. Except you want to open your own clinic and do it your way.

This is why German medical practitioners would rather relocate to an EU country like Switzerland to practice, than US. Except for the ones who also studied in US, for example or studied in English at some point.

This is also why it is hard to find an English speaking psychologist or therapist in Germany. Because they studied in German language and would rather work 100% in German even if they speak English. They don’t feel efficient in another language. This affects foreigners who need therapy.

Nice advice from an OG...jooor
Re: Between Germany And Norway by lordally(m): 7:51am On Jun 24, 2020
Danielhouston:

He who has ears let him hear what the voice of the gods have said grin

1 Like

Re: Between Germany And Norway by olioxx(m): 8:41am On Jun 24, 2020
Danielhouston:

Brotherly, I will try send an email to you. I want us to discuss regarding the bolded, please do check your email.
Re: Between Germany And Norway by tospel: 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
Danielhouston:

Beautiful piece from the elder-in-d-house. You got my head straight and my thinking right!
Nevertheless, I appreciate you dearly for your candid advise and the perfect justice you did to the question.

I have to reconsider the alternate, USA, as the best alternate for now, praying to secure a F1 Visa to study in the state.

thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks over a million times.

2 Likes

Re: Between Germany And Norway by Hadampson(m): 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
tospel:

Beautiful piece from the elder-in-d-house. You got my head straight and my thinking right!
Nevertheless, I appreciate you dearly for your candid advise and the perfect justice you did to the question.

I have to reconsider the alternate, USA,as the best alternate for now, praying to secure a F1 Visa to study in the state.

thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks over a million times.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.. Add Canada to your list.

For cheap tuition fee in Canada, check out the following institutions

•Memorial university of Newfoundland
•Brandon university
•Universite de saint boniface
•University of Guelph

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Between Germany And Norway by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
For Nursing, USA is your best bet.
Re: Between Germany And Norway by tospel: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2020
MustFindLove:
For Nursing, USA is your best bet.

What about UK

(1) (Reply)

Ethiopia Launches Online Entry Visa Application And Issuance (e-visa) / Route To Rivers State From Owo In Ondo State / Direction To Bells University, Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.