Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,538 members, 7,812,667 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. (73144 Views)

All Chatgpt Does Is Copy And Paste People's Code From Github / Meet Smart 13years Old Who Invented a Security System / The Black Man Who Invented The .com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by Ayemileto(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2020
The Man who invented Copy, Cut and paste, Lawrence 'Larry' Tesler is dead.

He is also the one that invented "Find and Replace" which many prople use today.

He actually died on February 16, 2020.

The pioneering computer scientist Lawrence 'Larry' Tesler whose accomplishments included inventing the cut, copy and paste commands for computers has died.

Bronx-born Mr Tesler died on Monday at the age of 74. A cause of death has not been released.

Xerox, the company where he spent part of his career, tweeted: 'The inventor of cut/copy & paste, find & replace, and more was former Xerox researcher Larry Tesler.

'Your workday is easier thanks to his revolutionary ideas. Larry passed away Monday, so please join us in celebrating him,' they added.

The Stanford University graduate specialized in human-computer interaction, utilizing his expertise at companies such as Amazon, Apple, Yahoo and the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (PARC).

The idea for the cut and paste command reportedly came from old-style editing that literally entailed cutting portions of printed text and gluing it elsewhere.

In a tweet, the Computer History Museum in Silicon Valley, said: 'Tesler created the idea of cut, copy, & paste and combined computer science training with a counterculture vision that computers should be for everyone.'

The revolutionary command was first used by Apple in 1983 and on the original Macintosh, which was released in 1984.

On his website, Tesler wrote: ‘I have been mistakenly identified as the father of the graphical user interface for the Macintosh. I was not. However, a paternity test might expose me as one of its many grandparents.’

After leaving Stanford, Tesler began his career, making computers more accessible and user-friendly.

Tesler left Xerox to work for Apple in 1980 after he was recruited by its late co-founder Steve Jobs.

He spent 17 years at Apple, becoming chief scientist.

Tesler later went on to establish an education software startup, Stagecast, doing stints in user-experience technology at Amazon and Yahoo

Tesler was committed to spreading the knowledge he'd acquired through his long career, telling the BBC in 2012: 'There's almost a rite of passage - after you've made some money, you don't just retire, you spend your time funding other companies.

'There's a very strong element of excitement, of being able to share what you've learned with the next generation.'

I'm sure you'll agree with me that this man actually made life easy for us.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8023529/The-man-invented-cut-copy-paste-commands-computers-died-age-74.html

132 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
sad sad

This man has saved more lives than he could ever think of especially our University folks.

Ctl C ==> Ctl V

645 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by EyezofGod120: 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
I know say this FTC one day I go get am

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by DancingSkeleton(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
The Godfather of spy spy grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by sunnyworld2love(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
Okay

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by HEAVEN4444: 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
MERCURY RETROGRADE GOT HIS ASS
Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by rowland545(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
The fvck embarassed

Nice invention sir...your work has saved us time and energy.

Meanwhile Who will celebrate me for all the sex styles I've invented....

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
God forgive his sins and accept his soul in Your bosom.

At least he did a great invention.
He was more useful than all Nigerian politicians DEAD or ALIVE.

347 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by crownedprinz(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
legend. This guy should have day of celebration yearly. Respect

157 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by Qasim6(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
legend
the real problem solver.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by odogu99: 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
wow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
RIP TO THE GREATEST

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by SultanOfPuna: 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
Waiting For The Guy That Invented
Ban Button on Nairaland to die..

173 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
R. I. P team leader of olodos

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by prince4pro2: 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
rest on great one
Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by rasheylaw(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
Rip
This man have help people's life and turn some to olodo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by Abd15978(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
RIP
Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by MrSensor(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
The guy was smart.

14 Likes

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
2020 bye bye ohhhh. It shall never be well with 2020, everything about this year is death, virus, frustration and lost of jobs. 2020 I take God dey beg u, pls waka fast Mak we know how your brother go bi (2021)

1 Like

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by Folly4me(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
Rip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by Robisky001(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
His legacy will last till eternity.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by DrNueLpureHoney: 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
A rare gem is gone....

May God grant him eternal rest

11 Likes

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by Albert0011(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
g
Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by EmagNig(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
RIP LEGEND

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by wilemer: 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ayemileta:
The Man who invented Copy, Cut and paste, Lawrence 'Larry' Tesler is dead.
He is also the one that invented "Find and Replace" which many prople use today.
He actually died on February 16, 2020.

RIP

2 Likes

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by OgunrinolA20(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
R.I.P

3 Likes

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by fineboynl(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
RIP. I have been thinking about copy and paste and find and replace of a thing. such a person is great thinker. cut, copy and paste have save the world from work task in all platforms. I hope he patent it. history will never forget him til forever. even when Jesus comes. the new people on earth will still use copy and paste.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by wizkidblogger(f): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
legend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by Sniper4real(m): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
Made our final year project easier. Thanks

26 Likes

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by posty56: 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
old news but still RIP tho he saved lazy ass like us from typing long epistle

2 Likes

Re: Larry Tesler Dies! Man Who Invented Copy And Paste Is Dead. by Bojack(m): 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
RIP

Ctrl C ==> Ctrl V

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Made You Pick Interest In Programming / 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java / Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.