Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,700 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor (24756 Views)

Christ Embassy Has Raised 50 People From The Dead - Chris Oyakhilome / Dunamis Statement On Arrest, Detention Of Buhari Must Go Protesters In Abuja / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Benite: 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2020
Uyo zonal headquarters of Believer’s Loveworld Inc aka Christ Embassy has instituted a legal action at a Federal High Court in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, against the Akwa Ibom State government over arrest and detention of one of its pastors, Pastor Emmanuel Effiong, and a videographer, Gabriel Ekpa, over alleged attack on Covid 19 Monitoring Team.

The frosty relationship between the church and the government deepened on Sunday when the COVID-19 monitoring team stormed the church and arrested the duo over alleged breaches of COVID-19 protocols.

It was gathered that the church, in a suit with registration number, FAC/UY/FHR/106/2020, is calling for the unconditional release of the duo.

Joined in the suit are the State Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Ndueso Ekwere and the Chairman, COVID-19 Guidelines Monitoring Committee, Mr. Enobong Uwah.

The church had denied claims that its members attacked and brutalized officials of the state government on Sunday.

A statement signed by Pastor Kelvin Atang and made available to newsmen accused the state government of “acting on falsehood”, noting that it was even the team that assaulted the church’s videographer.

The church decried that its pastor and videographer have been arrested and detained by the Police against their fundamental human rights of freedom of fair hearing by the authorities.

“This action is borne out of malice, hatred and calculated attempt to malign the Church for disassociating herself from the Christian Association of Nigeria.

“As a Church that respects the rule of law, we had envisaged this gang up and also took steps to seek protection of the law by approaching the Court”, the church said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/christ-embassy-sues-akwa-ibom-govt-over-arrest-detention-of-pastor/

3 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by temptnow: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
Pastor Chris oyakhilome and his people are being stupid this Corona season.

They're doing too much. All these pastorprenuers should let us be.

Switzerland, Denmark, Poland, Norway, China America, UK, Finland and Germany Didn't become great by spending Monday - Sunday in church.

So many have been brainwashed that if they don't go to church daily Satan will kill them.

However, Corona lock down came and they might be shocked that they didn't get any attack from Lucifer.

This is the time for us to hustle 90% and pray 10%. God is not deaf and dumb that you need to beg him from morning till night. Africans wake up, our mumuu don too much

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Slawormir: 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
temptnow:
Pastor Chris oyakhilome and his people are being stupid this Corona season. They're doing too much.
Nor mind them there own too much
All these religious institutions supposed dey pay tax
Make their body dey calm down small small
I go run am last last sha after i join politics

Last last
After all the bombing
Na politics go end am
i go Join a party with Great ideology
I nor go join APC! Never. For me to join APC i better join PDP

Then like play like play i go find my way into the legislative arm of government
Then boom
I go introduce the bill make all religious institutions dey pay huge amount of tax
I go propose or introduce the bill to legalize weed
I go begin recommend and make sure all my real niggarrrz in the street get government contracts

39 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by DrNueLpureHoney: 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
Gbese
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by AntiWailer: 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
lol good.

let court decide that Christ Embassy can break the law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by sam4noow(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ohh Dammnn shiiitttt nigggaarr

~Speaking in ghanian accent~

Charlie

The pasta should remained lackedup, he's nothing but a glorified Yahoo (sakawa) boy cashing out with Tithes end offering mannnii grin grin ....

Yahoo Yahoo people shielding demselves under religion..

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by ainas247: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by DEROX: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
; cheesy sorry
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by SILVERLINES: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
cheesy
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by LEOSZ(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
Damn nigga
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by iCauseTrouble: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
Who go con settle this matter now?
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by SmartProf(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
Let me not speak about a matter that is in court. But my advise to Christ embassy is that even the Bible admonishes that obedience is better than sacrifice (1Sam. 15:22). As long as the government is an earthly authority, u must respect their policies and abide by the directives issued by them on containing Covid 19 spread.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by sunnyside16(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
Obey simple lock down rules, this pandemic won't be fora long time.

4 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by gambia(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
He should be charged to court and prosecuted if found guilty.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by JESUSisKING1: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
I don't know the reasons why we Africans are so recalcitrant. Caesar said that all the places of worship (including mosques)be closed because of this pandemic, then simply obey caesar for to obey is better than to sacrifice

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by laosy(m): 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Christ embassy should respect constituted authority, but FG should free everyone make we go pray to God as we like, at least imo lawmakers got the virus while observing social distancing in the house of assembly.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by KhalidD(m): 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
C
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Salt06(m): 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Instead of "you're innocent until proven guilty" ... here, it is, "you're guilty until proven innocent"
As we always say, "E go better" undecided
God bless Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by janedonez(m): 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Wrong move. Who is advising the people of Christ Embassy? Dialogue is sure to resolve the impasse

4 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by gbami(m): 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
The Covidiot can't help himself...not everything is an attack against the Church or Christ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Very good. Enough of this mob mentality and faux "law enforcement".

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by LagBlogger(m): 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
If they fail in this suit, Akwa Ibom State government should make a counter suit

This church is always in the news for the wrong reasons.

By the way for loyal members, your main pastor is leading you all down a dunghill.

Before you rush to defend him, Dan Foster died of covid 19 and not 5g.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by wilemer: 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Benitie:
Uyo zonal headquarters of Believer’s Loveworld Inc aka Christ Embassy has instituted a legal action at a Federal High Court in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, against the Akwa Ibom State government over arrest and detention of one of its pastors, Pastor Emmanuel Effiong, and Gabriel Ekpa, over alleged attack on Covid 19 Monitoring Team.

better ways sad
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by bro4u: 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
Christ Embassy right from the onset has been spreading false news led by their swaggerlicious guy-man pastor. Pastor wey dey fry hair. lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Dailymice: 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
sad
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
janedonez:
Wrong move. Who is advising the people of Christ Embassy? Dialogue is sure to resolve the impasse

Their lawyers are advising them. Did the the officers consider dialogue when they assaulted the young man? grin grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Blackmailed Well Established Pastors –fraudster (photo) / Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides / Satan, The Cherub That Covereth And The Inverted Pyramid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.