Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? (3661 Views)

Why OPPO A96 Is Ahead Of Competition And A Perfect Choice For All / Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard / Tecno Phones Are Not Working In USA, See Instant Solutions! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Branzy(m): 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2020
Then, I usually had the belief of not buying without insanely reviewing and calculating cost-effectiveness and so I have a Xiaomi (Note cool.
I went shopping with my finance, somehow she liked the Oppo Reno2 when we decided she should have a change of phone late last year, although I was skeptical about getting it as it wasn’t a popular brand, she liked it so we bought it.
Helping her set up the phone, it is turned out to be actually pretty Impressive. Nice ColorOS, with themes that are fine to use, the general phone design is good and the innovative pop-up selfie camera blew me especially the sound. Anyway, to cut the story short, the phone made its way of becoming popular with my family members especially for taking pictures and gaming. Well, this is what I think about my OPPO Reno2(of which I later bought):
First the negatives of OPPO.
OPPO Reno2 didn’t have the latest chipsets like Xiaomi do on their phones but I feel their RAM size made up for it and other great features.
But I prefer it to Xiaomi, although Xiaomi sells cheaper hardware but tries to get the money back by sponsoring ads almost everywhere.

Well my Xiaomi Note 8 is pretty cool, good processors, But the Oppo Reno2 is also fine and I prefer it, because:

Let me start by saying they have the freshest service center in Lagos and have a quick response in fixing the defective item.
Back to the positive side of the Reno 2
It has a better screen than phones I have used.
Fast processing speed
Improved and better image quality and display
Wowing battery life.
A true definition of Innovation.

There is definitely a target market for Oppo, and that market may or may not be you but it works for a lot of non-tech people.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by jakD: 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
Bro, how much is the Oppo Reno2?
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Andywhty(m): 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
So I can say that OPPO phones are really good based on real experience. I have an OPPO A9 2020 that I bought last year (still one of my proud decisions in life). Looking at negative comments about the chipset when it dropped earlier, surely you'll have a double mind, but I allowed my need to experience the OPPO phone myself to win.
But I think before you actually let the chance of buying one go, you should give it a try at your own experience. My OPPO A9 2020 had the best features for a midrange device compared to the ones then and nowadays.
The battery size is really applaud-able, mad ass cameras beating a lot of flagship devices, although a bit of its downside is the processor, although I don’t see how it affected the performance of the phone, up still now the phone doesn’t lag unlike my friends Samsung and Xiaomi phones they argue to come with the best processor but complain a lot about the lagging.
Conclusion:
Always try at your own experience to know the truth

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by jakD: 1:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
Branzy:
Then, I usually had the belief of not buying without insanely reviewing and calculating cost-effectiveness and so I have a Xiaomi (Note cool.
I went shopping with my finance, somehow she liked the Oppo Reno2 when we decided she should have a change of phone late last year, although I was skeptical about getting it as it wasn’t a popular brand, she liked it so we bought it.
Helping her set up the phone, it is turned out to be actually pretty Impressive. Nice ColorOS, with themes that are fine to use, the general phone design is good and the innovative pop-up selfie camera blew me especially the sound. Anyway, to cut the story short, the phone made its way of becoming popular with my family members especially for taking pictures and gaming. Well, this is what I think about my OPPO Reno2(of which I later bought):
OPPO Reno2 didn’t have the latest chipsets like Xiaomi do on their phones but I feel their RAM size made up for it and other great features.
But I prefer it to Xiaomi, although Xiaomi sells cheaper hardware but tries to get the money back by sponsoring ads almost everywhere.

Well my Xiaomi Note 8 is pretty cool, good processors, But the Oppo Reno2 is also fine and I prefer it, because:

Let me start by saying they have the freshest service center in Lagos and have a quick response in fixing the defective item.
Fast processing speed
Wowing battery life.

There is definitely a target market for Oppo, and that market may or may not be you but it works for a lot of non-tech people.

What's the RAM and ROM and the camera megapixel please?
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by jakD: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
Andywhty:
So I can say that OPPO phones are really good based on real experience. I have an OPPO A9 2020 that I bought last year (still one of my proud decisions in life). Looking at negative comments about the chipset when it dropped earlier, surely you'll have a double mind, but I allowed my need to experience the OPPO phone myself to win.
But I think before you actually let the chance of buying one go, you should give it a try at your own experience. My OPPO A9 2020 had the best features for a midrange device compared to the ones then and nowadays.
The battery size is really applaud-able, mad ass cameras beating a lot of flagship devices, although a bit of its downside is the processor, although I don’t see how it affected the performance of the phone, up still now the phone doesn’t lag unlike my friends Samsung and Xiaomi phones they argue to come with the best processor but complain a lot about the lagging.
Conclusion:
Always try at your own experience to know the truth

How much is the A9 bro?
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Branzy(m): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
8G RAM AND 256G ROM
48MP+13MP+8MP+2MP (BACK CAM)
16MP FRONT CAM
jakD:

What's the RAM and ROM and the camera megapixel please?

N179K
jakD:
Bro, how much is the Oppo Reno2?
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by jakD: 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
Branzy:
8G RAM AND 256G ROM 48MP+13MP+8MP+2MP (BACK CAM) 16MP FRONT CAM
N179K
Whoa! That's beyond my budget.
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Andywhty(m): 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2020
Got my A9 2020 for N89,900 then
jakD:

How much is the A9 bro?
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by OCTAVO: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2020
Using Oppo A9 2020 without single regret, battery is insanely better than Xiaomi's battery. ColourOs 7.1 makes the experience nicer. They included many new features, also no silly ADs everywhere like Xiaomi devices.

5 Likes

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by jakD: 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
Andywhty:
Got my A9 2020 for N89,900 then
When was that please?
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Andywhty(m): 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2020
I did choose OPPO A9 2020 again over any midrange device in the market. I will love to see a review of their new A31.
OCTAVO:
Using Oppo A9 2020 without single regret, battery is insanely better than Xiaomi's battery. ColourOs 7.1 makes the experience nicer. They included many new features, also no silly ADs everywhere like Xiaomi devices.
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Andywhty(m): 2:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Last year bro
jakD:

When was that please?
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Piloeternity(m): 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
As for my experience, these days the OPPO phone is worth buying. You can use their mobile. These days they offer maximum features, as well as performance which Naija phone users are in search of and generally OPPO phones, are reliable maybe cause they are still new in the market but we hope to know in Future if they maintain this. Until then, let us enjoy it.
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by olaideslex(m): 1:06am On Jun 25, 2020
Please guys, I need screen guard and very nice pouch for my Reno 2f, where do I get them please?
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Mustiboy(m): 1:18am On Jun 25, 2020
Great marketing going on here. Kudos

6 Likes

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Trex4(m): 9:04am On Jun 25, 2020
Phone of 179k that's what you're comparing to redmi note 8 of 60k.

15 Likes

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by DragnetisaKuk(f): 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
Oppo makes good phones but they're are morbidly underspecced compared to their direct competitors. They do have a premium feel though have to hand them that. However, at 180k I'd rather buy the Samsung Galaxy A71 if premium is what I'm looking for.

#IMO

2 Likes

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Gojugbeli: 8:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
Check at their service center na
olaideslex:
Please guys, I need screen guard and very nice pouch for my Reno 2f, where do I get them please?

2 Likes

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Olanivalue(m): 9:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
Am a die hard Samsung fan. You not far from the truth. But come to think of it why buy a galaxy A71 when I can get same premium feel with more better spec on the OPPO Reno3 at a cheaper price say 160k.
DragnetisaKuk:
Oppo makes good phones but they're are morbidly underspecced compared to their direct competitors. They do have a premium feel though have to hand them that. However, at 180k I'd rather buy the Samsung Galaxy A71 if premium is what I'm looking for.

#IMO

1 Like

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by DragnetisaKuk(f): 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
Olanivalue:
Am a die hard Samsung fan. You not far from the truth. But come to think of it why buy a galaxy A71 when I can get same premium feel with more better spec on the OPPO Reno3 at a cheaper price say 160k.

Reno 3 doesn't have better specs compared to the A71. What are you saying bro?
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Olanivalue(m): 9:43pm On Jun 25, 2020
Well I feel so. I got the Reno 3 though instead of Samsung galaxy A17
DragnetisaKuk:

Reno 3 doesn't have better specs compared to the A71. What are you saying bro?
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Freelancerx: 5:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
They're good phones

1 Like

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Olanivalue(m): 9:45am On Jul 03, 2020
true they are but trust me, you won't want to leave the Reno3 just feeling it.
Freelancerx:
They're good phones
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by skywalker240(m): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
Oppo make decent devices,
but lets not start with the xiaomi comparism here.
my only flaw with oppo is their pricing.
but her sister brand vivo and realme makes cheap phones though.
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Artzdanielsz(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2020
Oppo Don start their own marketing. Bia u just bought a phone and already visiting their cal care
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by DONFRANSKID(m): 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
I use one of their devices it's a very nice one

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Lexusgs430: 12:49am On Jul 04, 2020
Trex4:
Phone of 179k that's what you're comparing to redmi note 8 of 60k.

Be kiaful........ grin
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Lexusgs430: 12:53am On Jul 04, 2020
I also own an OPPO Reno 2 (8/256)........ It's surprisingly a very good device. It ticks most of my boxes in smartphone ownership....?

For gamers, the SD730G would thrill you, till you get bored........

I am not an OPPO marketer, but a lover of quality budget devices......... cheesy

Best cover for Oppo Reno 2........ wink

1 Like

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 04, 2020
Branzy:

Fast processing speed
Wowing battery life.

Do u want to sell ur note 8
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by drjprince: 7:11am On Jul 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:
I also own an OPPO Reno 2 (8/256)........ It's surprisingly a very good device. It ticks most of my boxes in smartphone ownership....?

For gamers, the SD730G would thrill you, till you get bored........

I am not an OPPO marketer, but a lover of quality budget devices......... cheesy

Best cover for Oppo Reno 2........ wink
umidigi would sue you for using oppo

1 Like

Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Lexusgs430: 7:30am On Jul 04, 2020
drjprince:
umidigi would sue you for using oppo

Umidigi does not pay me a dime, never paid me a dime....... grin
Re: Why Oppo Phones Are Worth Buying? by Youngpo413: 7:47am On Jul 04, 2020
The grass is always greener on the other side....MIUI 12 here I cum!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clean Samsung S21 For Sale / Mtn Happylink / Glo Solutions, Overload And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.