Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Fastest Programming Languages - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Fastest Programming Languages (616 Views)

What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? / Top 5 Programming Languages You Should Learn In 2018 (and Where To Learn Them) / 14 Programming Languages For Mobile App Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
When it comes to chosing a High Level programming language runtime is an important factor that must be considered.Let's take a voyage to view some of the popular programming languages and where they rank in terms of speed

1 Like

Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
As for me it's.

1.Assembly (if you can do it well it will run like lightning)
2. C
3. C++
4. Go
5. Rust
Etc
Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 12:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
1. C
C is a general-purpose, procedural computer programming language supporting structured programming, lexical variable scope, and recursion, with a static type system. it is a compiled language. By design, C provides constructs that map efficiently to typical machine instructions. It has found lasting use in applications previously coded in assembly language. Such applications include operating systems and various application software for computers architectures that range from supercomputers to PLCs and embedded systems

1 Like

Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
2. Rust
Rust is blazingly fast and memory-efficient: with no runtime or garbage collector, it can power performance-critical services, run on embedded devices, and easily integrate with other languages. It has been used to build operating systems and web browsers (Firefox). It is a compiled language

1 Like

Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ausrichie:
As for me it's.

1.Assembly (if you can do it well it will run like lightning)
2. C
3. C++
4. Go
5. Rust
Etc

Sharp... You even beat me to comment
Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Arg0n(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
The closer a programming language is to the computer language, the faster it is.
Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
3. C++
C++ is a general-purpose programming language created as an extension of the C programming language, or "C with Classes". The language has expanded significantly over time, and modern C++ now has object-oriented, generic, and functional features in addition to facilities for low-level memory manipulation. It is almost always implemented as a compiled language

Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
Arg0n:
The closer a programming language is to the computer language, the faster it is.
Very true. Compiled languages are faster too
Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Arg0n(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
Brukx:
Very true. Compiled languages are faster too

Thats true... Compiled languages are faster than they were years ago.
Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
4. Ada
Ada is a structured, statically typed, imperative, and object-oriented high-level programming language, extended from Pascal and other languages. It is a compiled language. It's garbage collection makes it efficient when it comes to speed

Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
Brukx:
2. Rust
Rust is blazingly fast and memory-efficient: with no runtime or garbage collector, it can power performance-critical services, run on embedded devices, and easily integrate with other languages. It has been used to build operating systems and web browsers (Firefox). It is a compiled language
I just knew I was wrong. A procedural compiled language without garbage collectors always run fast.
Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
5. Java
Programs written in Java have a reputation for being slower and requiring more memory than those written in C++. However, Java programs' execution speed improved significantly with the introduction of just-in-time compilation in 1997/1998 for Java 1.1

Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
6. Chapel
Chapel, the Cascade High Productivity Language, is a parallel programming language. It was influenced by Java and Ada.

Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2020
7. Go
Go is a statically typed, compiled programming language designed at Google.Go is syntactically similar to C, but with memory safety, garbage collection and structural typing. Netflix, Google, Etherium use Go for some of their projects. It is a compiled language

Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
8. Pascal
Pascal is an imperative and procedural programming language. It is an efficient language intended to encourage good programming practices using structured programming and data structuring
Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
9. OCaml
is a general-purpose, multi-paradigm programming language which extends the Caml dialect of ML with object-oriented features. It is an interpreted language. The web version of Facebook messenger was built with this language

Re: Fastest Programming Languages by Brukx(m): 1:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
10. C#
It is a general-purpose, multi-paradigm programming language which extends the Caml dialect of ML with object-oriented The core syntax of C# language is similar to that of other C-style languages such as C, C++ and Java. In particular. It was designed and developed by Microsoft

(1) (Reply)

I Am Learning Javascript, I Need Help With The Code I'm Writing / I Need An Answer To This Question / How To Make My Website Have The Same View On Both Mobile And Desktop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.