Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? (2335 Views)

Every Nigerian Abroad Seems To Be Dying Of Lonliness And Depression / Every Nigerian Abroad Should Read This! / How To Know When A Nigerian Abroad Visit Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Pascopele: 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nigerians have worked hard to earn their reputation for being corrupt internet scammers. No thanks to Huspuppi, Invictus & Co.,

The poorly written emails suggest a substandard educational system, or at least poor English teaching resources in Nigeria.

Outside of the frequent emails from unfortunate Nigerian princes. The Nigerian criminal element has persuaded many foreigners to stay away from Nigeria or perceived us ALL to be thieves.

Most of them are not familiar with any positive attributes of Nigerians.

Kindly share you experience as a Nigeria Abroad
It is no lies that the hustle to get out of this country is getting realer by the day but as a result of fraud it becoming tougher by the day.
I want to use this opportunity to invite our Bros and sis to come and enlighten us about their stories because this is Nigeria and everybody have got stories.

Boitumelo Dube, is a South African acquinatance and used to stay in Sunnyside Pretoria, aka Lagos. below is what she said about us

" I have a good number of wonderful friends, colleagues and acquaintances from West Africa that I met during university days, that I met now professionally as colleagues and clients, those people I know socially and I can safely say my former neighbouring was 50% West Africans. My view of Nigerians are the following, in no particular order:

-They are well spoken: yes there's pidgin but most Nigerians are eloquent and expressive sometimes a bit over-the-top;

-They are quite industrious: but can also be cut-throat and unethical in business;

-They have a wonderful reputation of being scammers and conmen and this one is felt globally. Yahoo boys, email fraud etc;

-Nigerians are well travelled and will explore any avenue to make money elsewhere which is wonderful. But I do think it's partially because of their adventurous and get-it spirit and coupled by the fact that millions of Nigerians are desperate to leave Nigeria for a better life somewhere else. And most don't want to go back or they take long years to visit family. I know a guy who's been here for 20 years and hasn't visited, issues of papers, lack of money etc basically excuses I know damn well he has money and can easily fix his papers. His mother has been begging for years

-I loooooove the West African diet. Omg the food is soooo good and tasty, I've had many many soup dishes, jollof with all kinda meat. I'm a foodie and love hot food so it makes sense;

-I love Nigerian music. I listen to a mix of Asa, Mr Eazi with the delicious lips, Timaya, Harry Songs, Runtown whose just so fiiiiine, a few Davido tracks, love Tiwa and Wizkid;

-Nigerians have their many tribal prejudices and discriminatory attitudes but will come together against an outsider;

-I like the accent and Nollywood; the plots, plot- twist and magic im here for all that lol;

-Nigerians pride themselves in their sexual prowess; I mean I cannot even tell you the number of times I've been promised a great time in bed. Funny thing is I've never been in a sexual relationship with a Nigerian man, which is weird because I mean Nigerian men are hot. They just extremely economical with the truth and imcredible womanizers;

-Nigerians dont like parting ways with money, when they do they'll negotiate to the lowest possible amount,

I wanted to visit Nigerian for 2 weeks this Feb., 2020 until I found out they dont have stable electricity supply, I don't want to be trapped in a whole new country and be confined to a hotel room because the city is dark at night. I wanna be out and about hanging out with people soaking in the culture".

2 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Nackzy: 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
Not just hushpuppy all yahoo boys from this part of the world

6 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by SenorFax(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
Admissions rejected
Visas denied
Xenophobias

Add your own

That's what yahoo boys have turned the country into

8 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Pascopele: 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
Eyah sorry oooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
SenorFax:
Admissions rejected
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Wildngent: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
These elements are messing it all up for the genuine hardworking Nigerians. Nigerians already stays disadvantaged when roles are being put up to be filled in the worldwide market place coupled with the engineered power that external communities now have to escalate these flaws thereby projecting Nigerians in bad light. Even Nigerians are being scammed on a daily by international communities in conjunction with the Nigerian greedy leaders whose children children would remain slaves even if they flew first class. Our young population is perceived to becoming a global force and the hushpuppies are the breeds to be used as scape-goats to slaughter all! So sad.

6 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Kriss216: 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
Can someone tell me the difference between (Hushpuppi, Invictus Obi, Mompha) and (Tinubu, Rochas, Ganduje)??

You can't be supporting Rochas, Tinubu and Ganduje and still be campaigning against fraud! That's the height of hypocrisy!

18 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by NaijadrivaCars: 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hmm. Awon eyan Hushpuppi ati Mompha.

1 Like

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by salford1: 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
I and my co workers would sometimes pick up random faxed letters at the office here in Canada. Those letters are embarrassing since everyone are aware that I am originally from Nigeria.

The most interesting one was sent by a a fake Diezani's son. At some point, we were receiving this letter at least 2wice a week. The fake son (yahoo boy) wanted to share some of his mum's loot with random strangers.

The letters are usually usually filled with grammatical errors. In the letters, links were also included to articles of how Diezani looted Nigeria's wealth and cooling off in London.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by salford1: 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
I lived in the UK before moving to Canada. When I worked for one of the top 4 banks in the world out if their Birmingham office, every money laundering and fraud prevention yearly training program had examples of Nigerian scams (both yahoo boys and politicians). That was embarrassing for all Nigerians working in that bank too.

10 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Pascopele: 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
cry cry cry cry
salford1:
I lived in the UK before moving to Canada. When I worked for one of the top 4 banks in the world out if their Birmingham office, every money laundering and fraud prevention yearly training program had examples of Nigerian scams (both yahoo boys and politicians). That was embarrassing for all Nigerians working in that bank too.

2 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
Too many stories. The embarrassment is too much angry. As a Nigerian-American, I wil soon ditch the "Nigerian" and be saying only "American". cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Pascopele: 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kindly share wink
MustFindLove:
Too many stories. The embarrassment is too much angry. As a Nigerian-American, I wil soon ditch the "Nigerian" and be saying only "American". cheesy

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by GboyegaD(m): 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
We need to teach ourselves the truth that money isn't same as value. Until then, people will pursue money at the expense of their lives.

6 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by movingclouds(m): 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2020

You better do so quickly.. For those of us still here, our spirits are far away from here

1 Like

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by edoairways: 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
SenorFax:
Admissions rejected
Visas denied
Xenophobias

Add your own

That's what yahoo boys have turned the country into
We keep blaming yahoo boys whereas the security agents support them except for few

3 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Nickshrapnel: 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
Countless of conversations that always end the moment I say I'm from Nigeria. I don't really blame them though, I might do the same if the table turns.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by amidel(m): 9:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nigeria: There was a country.

1 Like

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by nzube89(m): 11:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
Kriss216:
Can someone tell me the difference between (Hushpuppi, Invictus Obi, Mompha) and (Tinubu, Rochas, Ganduje)??

You can't be supporting Rochas, Tinubu and Ganduje and still be campaigning against fraud! That's the height of hypocrisy!
your type is the reason Nigeria is not moving forward stop being a racist or one sided .why not call out all our leaders since 1960 instead of calling out men from a party just to achieve your motive

4 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Kriss216: 6:24am On Jun 27, 2020
nzube89:
your type is the reason Nigeria is not moving forward stop being a racist or one sided .why not call out all our leaders since 1960 instead of calling out men from a party just to achieve your motive
You really need to check the meaning of Racist

3 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by nzube89(m): 7:16am On Jun 27, 2020
Kriss216:

You really need to check the meaning of Racist
you know what I mean .that your examples us not good it is aim to achieve something

1 Like

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Kriss216: 7:17am On Jun 27, 2020
nzube89:
you know what I mean .that your examples us not good it is aim to achieve something
Don't know what you're talking about
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by OlakunmiSMELTD: 7:23am On Jun 27, 2020
nzube89:

Thank you , rubbish old leaders that eat up the good part Nigeria and left us with bone. And there set is still the one rulling up till now
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Greatzeus(m): 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
Op you are right. But it didn't start now,it's been long,I mean since the 90s.
Another thing is that our society doesn't discourage fraud. Rich people are celebrated without course to how they came about their wealth. Op if you become billionaire today,your parents will go to church and give testimony, they won't ask you how you got the money. Eminem hushpuppi mompha etc have many followers on social media who sing their praises daily so as to get crumbs from them.
Nigerians don't hate corruption,fraud and stealing as we profess,we just mad that we are not the one doing the stealing.

8 Likes

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 28, 2020
Wildngent:
These elements are messing it all up for the genuine hardworking Nigerians. Nigerians already stays disadvantaged when roles are being put up to be filled in the worldwide market place coupled with the engineered power that external communities now have to escalate these flaws thereby projecting Nigerians in bad light. Even Nigerians are being scammed on a daily by international communities in conjunction with the Nigerian greedy leaders whose children children would remain slaves even if they flew first class. Our young population is perceived to becoming a global force and the hushpuppies are the breeds to be used as scape-goats to slaughter all! So sad.
Politicians & public office holders nko?
Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by justwise(m): 6:28am On Jun 28, 2020
listowell:

Politicians & public office holders nko?

They are all crooks, any other excuse?

1 Like

Re: How Fraudsters Has Dented The Image Of Nigerian Abroad? by ibrahimovic303: 9:02am On Jun 28, 2020
Pascopele:
Nigerians have worked hard to earn their reputation for being corrupt internet scammers. No thanks to Huspuppi, Invictus & Co.,

The poorly written emails suggest a substandard educational system, or at least poor English teaching resources in Nigeria.

Outside of the frequent emails from unfortunate Nigerian princes. The Nigerian criminal element has persuaded many foreigners to stay away from Nigeria or perceived us ALL to be thieves.

Most of them are not familiar with any positive attributes of Nigerians.

Kindly share you experience as a Nigeria Abroad
It is no lies that the hustle to get out of this country is getting realer by the day but as a result of fraud it becoming tougher by the day.
I want to use this opportunity to invite our Bros and sis to come and enlighten us about their stories because this is Nigeria and everybody have got stories.

Boitumelo Dube, is a South African acquinatance and used to stay in Sunnyside Pretoria, aka Lagos. below is what she said about us

" I have a good number of wonderful friends, colleagues and acquaintances from West Africa that I met during university days, that I met now professionally as colleagues and clients, those people I know socially and I can safely say my former neighbouring was 50% West Africans. My view of Nigerians are the following, in no particular order:

-They are well spoken: yes there's pidgin but most Nigerians are eloquent and expressive sometimes a bit over-the-top;

-They are quite industrious: but can also be cut-throat and unethical in business;

-They have a wonderful reputation of being scammers and conmen and this one is felt globally. Yahoo boys, email fraud etc;

-Nigerians are well travelled and will explore any avenue to make money elsewhere which is wonderful. But I do think it's partially because of their adventurous and get-it spirit and coupled by the fact that millions of Nigerians are desperate to leave Nigeria for a better life somewhere else. And most don't want to go back or they take long years to visit family. I know a guy who's been here for 20 years and hasn't visited, issues of papers, lack of money etc basically excuses I know damn well he has money and can easily fix his papers. His mother has been begging for years

-I loooooove the West African diet. Omg the food is soooo good and tasty, I've had many many soup dishes, jollof with all kinda meat. I'm a foodie and love hot food so it makes sense;

-I love Nigerian music. I listen to a mix of Asa, Mr Eazi with the delicious lips, Timaya, Harry Songs, Runtown whose just so fiiiiine, a few Davido tracks, love Tiwa and Wizkid;

-Nigerians have their many tribal prejudices and discriminatory attitudes but will come together against an outsider;

-I like the accent and Nollywood; the plots, plot- twist and magic im here for all that lol;

-Nigerians pride themselves in their sexual prowess; I mean I cannot even tell you the number of times I've been promised a great time in bed. Funny thing is I've never been in a sexual relationship with a Nigerian man, which is weird because I mean Nigerian men are hot. They just extremely economical with the truth and imcredible womanizers;

-Nigerians dont like parting ways with money, when they do they'll negotiate to the lowest possible amount,

I wanted to visit Nigerian for 2 weeks this Feb., 2020 until I found out they dont have stable electricity supply, I don't want to be trapped in a whole new country and be confined to a hotel room because the city is dark at night. I wanna be out and about hanging out with people soaking in the culture".

Yeah we love women a lot! And unfortunately I’m not left out.... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What’s Scarier? Space Or The Ocean? / Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise / Lagos To Jos Is How Much???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.