Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,725 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

How Hushpuppi Misused His Cyber-security Skills And Became A Criminal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Hushpuppi Misused His Cyber-security Skills And Became A Criminal (1149 Views)

How Hushpuppi's Instagram Posts Prompted His Arrest (Video) / How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. / Nigerian Man Killed After His Filipino Wife Alleged That He Is A Criminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Hushpuppi Misused His Cyber-security Skills And Became A Criminal by inspire700(m): 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
For a week now, Hushpuppi has been trending on social media especially within the Nigerinan cyber space where his lifestyle was seemingly a role model for some young peeps. Millions follow him on Instagram and regarded him as a celebrity.

Hushpuppi trended most of the time because he found it very safe and easy to flaunt his wealth on social media. All his shopping and properties were post threads to those who cared always to follow up with his activities on social media.

Hushpuppi shopping photos
While Hush was doing all this, he never knew he w as being watched on a radar for some time now. That is not even the onus of this post. Hush’s wealth source was questioned by many but a large number of his wealth-blinded followers regarded such questions as posts born out of hate and jealousy.

Hush due to the fame he attracted to himself on social media at some point began beefing Nigerian musicians like Phyno and Timaya. The beef lasted for some months and Phyno’s song “Telli Person” which encourages individuals on working legit is right now the song many use while mocking Hush on his arrest by the interpol in Dubai.

HUSHPUPPI’S SKILLS OF HACKING AND CREATING PHISHING PAGES ONLINE
While many have expressed shock at the details that pointed out that Hush has scammed about 1.9 Million victims worldwide and made about N168 Billion (Naira) from defrauding them, many shy away from what would have become of Hush if he had used his skills positively in the society he found himself.

Probably, Hush did not see using the skills in a positive way as an important thing to do but rather chose the path to destruction. Most scammers always get caught in their own web after greed must have driven them into setting up a syndicate for scamming people of their hard earned money.

Reports showed that Hush and his team would create fake landing pages for payments for different financially related websites for making certain kinds of payments and hence divert funds to their own accounts. Doing this is a heck of a job.

This skill is not a day’s job. It takes weeks to achieve. This is why making use of it in a positive way should have been Hush’s desire but the negative was his choice.

If he had shared these loopholes he and his team used in scamming people for years, maybe he would have been earning well and living a decent, crime-free like as his cyber-security career will be skyrocketing by the day. But, greed ate his conscience and landed him in big international trouble.

Many back in Nigeria desired to be like Hushpuppi without knowing what exactly he does to make money but i guess they will soften their pedals now and make adjustments as regards the lifestyle they choose to go by.

There is no excuse for crime in any part of the world.

Right now in the world, there are about 500,000 – 1,000,000 jobs in the cyber-security job category. So the few who are ripe with cyber security skills should try to get those available jobs instead of behaving like Hushpuppi.

SOURCE: https://gistparkmedia.com/2020/06/hushpuppi-misused-his-cyber-security-skills-and-became-a-criminal-read-this.html

2 Likes

Re: How Hushpuppi Misused His Cyber-security Skills And Became A Criminal by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
Good one

1 Like

Re: How Hushpuppi Misused His Cyber-security Skills And Became A Criminal by Nezero(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
Awon Ethical Hacking Geng.

This is more or less a summary of the Dubai Police Video. Regurgitated with spice.
Re: How Hushpuppi Misused His Cyber-security Skills And Became A Criminal by Coronavirus84: 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
I tried recharging my DSTV subscription dis afternoon with funding from my first Bank account, the deduction was made but am yet to start watching back my dstv at home, hope hushpuppi never reach my side sha?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Hushpuppi Misused His Cyber-security Skills And Became A Criminal by lamentor78(m): 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
grin I also try to buy #200 naira recharge card have been debited but I no see card.....am suspecting hushpuppi has hacked my account I have #300 naira left make I check my balance, one should not be too sure these days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Hushpuppi Misused His Cyber-security Skills And Became A Criminal by Ibunkun1(m): 8:05am On Jun 30, 2020
lamentor78:
grin I also try to buy #200 naira recharge card have been debited but I no see card.....am suspecting hushpuppi has hacked my account I have #300 naira left make I check my balance, one should not be too sure these days

grin

(1) (Reply)

Ritualist Exhume A Crumpled Hunchback Man Corpse In Delta / Herdsmen Strike In Benue Again, Kill 30 People (graphic Pix) / UNICAL Final Year Law Student Arrested For Allegedly Raping A Minor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.