Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:29 AM

Do I Need A Degree In Computer Science To Go Into Web Development? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do I Need A Degree In Computer Science To Go Into Web Development? (631 Views)

My Journey Into Web Development / Should You Study Computer Science To Learn How To Code? / Is A Degree In Computer Science Still Worth It??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need A Degree In Computer Science To Go Into Web Development? by udoekere: 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hello nairalanders i came across a post on nairaland where someone said that you can't be a programmer without having basic knowledge about algorithm and data structure.
the post is dated back to 2013 and even seun commented that you need to study CS To be a better programmer,i wish i could share the link here but my phone doesn't support copying of link.
the most depressing part is that i have part paid for a PC Already but seeing that post that you need to study CS To go into programming field really got me depress becos i wanted to self taught as most people do even here on nairaland.
so nairalanders do i reallw need to study computer science to go into web development?

javanian
seun
lalasticlala
mynd44
progeek
Re: Do I Need A Degree In Computer Science To Go Into Web Development? by Sugarcious(m): 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
You can learn about data structures and algorithm online too without going to the university. Everything you want is online. The best part is that the best programmers are self taught. The university CS is not what you will want to start going into.
Re: Do I Need A Degree In Computer Science To Go Into Web Development? by Etinosa1234: 8:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
Cs is good but not completely necessary...

there are many self taught programmers that are blossoming in their field like Jack Dorsey(Twitter owner),bill gates ,Mark Zuckerberg and the likes....Don't let anybody tell u lies

https://medium.com/the-self-taught-programmer/the-ten-greatest-self-taught-programmers-of-all-time-b59b1b3bb9e6
Re: Do I Need A Degree In Computer Science To Go Into Web Development? by Maskyy(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2020
NO
Re: Do I Need A Degree In Computer Science To Go Into Web Development? by Plaouse(m): 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
No man. Why panic? Most traders and business men you see successful today dint study what they are doing now in school!

Education is not the learning of facts but the training of the mind to think. Educate your self for what you want as many are doing today - use the internet. It has and will always be a blessing to does who use it well.

Mind you, its not what someone says that you should anchor your hopes on.

High hopes man!

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Degree In Computer Science To Go Into Web Development? by ThatPetiteChic: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
In my own opinion, some jobs require you have a bsc degree in CS, Maths or a related field. Except you want to be a freelancer and you must be really good.
Re: Do I Need A Degree In Computer Science To Go Into Web Development? by jrjong: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
udoekere:
Hello nairalanders i came across a post on nairaland where someone said that you can't be a programmer without having basic knowledge about algorithm and data structure.
the post is dated back to 2013 walmart one and even seun commented that you need to study CS To be a better programmer,i wish i could share the link here but my phone doesn't support copying of link.
the most depressing part is that i have part paid for a PC Already but seeing that post that you need to study CS To go into programming field really got me depress becos i wanted to self taught as most people do even here on nairaland.
so nairalanders do i reallw need to study computer science to go into web development?

javanian
seun
lalasticlala
mynd44
progeek

I don't think you need to study computer science to go to web development. And talking about hte seft study, there are many resources in the internet. Use it.
Re: Do I Need A Degree In Computer Science To Go Into Web Development? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
There are some programming related jobs where it is hard to be taken serious without a degree. Web dev is not one of them.

(1) (Reply)

Top Mobile App Design Trends In 2021 / Why Is Web Design So Used? / Why Did Paypal Wait To Enter Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.