Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon (39972 Views)

Meet Captain Tijjani Balarabe: Unmasking ‘Mastermind’ Of Taraba Police Killings / Kidnapper Wadume Contested For House Of Representatives 2019 In Taraba (Photos) / Rearrest Of Kidnapper Wadume: Police Release Statement (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by Oboma1(m): 4:47am On Jun 27, 2020
I Helped Remove Kidnap Kingpin, Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon — Capt Balarabe

Embattled Capt Tijjani Balarabe who was indicted for facilitating the escape of a suspected kidnap kingpin, Hamisu Bala (Wadume), said he assisted in removing the handcuffs from Wadume’s hands.

The officer told the Joint Investigation Panel that he used a spoon to open the handcuffs.

Balarabe said this in his statement to the JIP which probed the killing of three police officers and their two civilian assistants on Ibbi-Takum Road, in Taraba State, on August 6, 2019.

The men were attacked and killed by soldiers attached to Battalion 93 commanded by Balarabe.

The soldiers had in their statements detailed the various roles they played in the murder of the operatives of the Intelligence Response Team who were deployed in Ibbi town, Taraba, to arrest Wadume for abducting one Usman Garba.

Wadume had received N106.3m ransom and still went ahead to kill his victim because his family failed to provide the additional N20m he demanded.

After the vehicle conveying the policemen and Wadume crashed when a soldier, Sgt. Ibrahim Muhammed, shot the tyres, Balarabe said he interviewed one of the survivors who identified himself as a police officer from Abuja.

Balarabe stated that Wadume was taken to the army camp where his handcuffs were removed.

The captain said, “The guard commander of Gidan Waya told me that the locals arrested one of the suspects and he was with him at the checkpoint and he was having a police ID card; the suspect said he was a policeman from Abuja.

“Lt Yushau Saad brought him from Gidan Waya with the ID card. I interviewed him and he said they were sent from Abuja to arrest the Alhaji (Wadume). We moved the injured (policemen) to the hospital and the DCO Wukari (ASP Aondona Iorbee) confirmed that they are policemen.

“When I arrived at the camp, my soldiers and ASP Iorbee and a civilian were removing handcuffs from the Alhaji (Wadume). I entered my kitchen and picked a spoon to join them in removing the handcuffs.”

After removing the handcuffs, the captain stated that he left Wadume and his two sisters in his living room, while he went to Ibbi town with Lt. Saad to retrieve some rifles belonging to the IRT policemen.

On returning, he said Wadume had disappeared, and when contacted on phone, he claimed he was receiving treatment at an undisclosed clinic.

“Before I left for town, Hamisu and his two sisters were in our parlour; I came back to the camp and could not find Hamisu. I asked my CSM as the next person (officer) to me in the camp, he said he didn’t know when he went out.

“I called Alhaji (Hamisu) and he said he was on a drip at a clinic. I went to the clinic, he was not there. I called him again but he had switched off his phone. All efforts to trace Alhaji proved abortive,” Balarabe narrated.

Speaking on the suspected kidnapper’s relationship with officials in Taraba State, the military officer said he got the number of the state Commissioner of Police from Wadume, stressing that the two men were good friends.

He noted, “I got the number of the commissioner of police from Hamisu because they are good friends. He called the CP before he asked me to call him in respect of a case of Fulani and Jukun.”

The captain admitted that he asked Iorbee to switch off his phone “so that the military police can’t get him on the phone.”

Wadume had identified Balarabe and nine other soldiers as his accomplices. They are Staff Sgt. David Isaiah; Sgt. Ibrahim Mohammed; Corporal Bartholomew Obanye; Private Mohammed Nura; Lance Corporal Okorozie Gideon; Corporal Markus Michael; L/Corporal Nvenaweimoeimi Akpagra; Staff Sgt. Abdullahi Adamu, and Private Ebele Emmanuel.

But the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, and the military authorities have been shielding them from criminal prosecution.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/i-helped-remove-kidnap-kingpin-wadumes-handcuffs-with-spoon-capt-balarabe/%3famp=1

7 Likes

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by Yankee101: 4:54am On Jun 27, 2020
The only way the spate of kidnapping became rampant was only through collusion with security, banking, judicial and political persons

128 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by nairavsdollars(f): 4:57am On Jun 27, 2020
Disgrace to the army profession. This is why Service Chiefs must go. The army needs to be sanitised

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by Freestainworld(m): 5:08am On Jun 27, 2020
Nigeria is now a no man's land, evidence (invasion of fulani herdsmen from other neighbouring African countries), Nigeria is a lawless country, evidence ( police extortion and military intimation), Nigeria don't have a president, evidence ( no security, lifeless president as said by Trump), Nigerian problem is more than Nigeria, evidence ( tribalism, religious divisions), Nigeria tells lies to Nigerians, evidence ( we will make one Dollar equal to one naira, steady power supply, paying jobless youths etc the reverse is now the case), Nigerian corruption is at the highest level, evidence ( Gandollar caught taking bribe on tape but was defended by Mr integrity etc), Nigeria is infact finished, evidence, ( ordinary smaller African countries now chase Nigerians away from their countries) , is Nigeria finally waiting for burial?

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by oz4real83(m): 5:09am On Jun 27, 2020
When a crime fighter becomes enmeshed in crime with other criminals, there will always be a break down of security. Some members of the Nigerian security agencies are partners with these criminals and that is why crime is very difficult to fight in Nigeria.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:10am On Jun 27, 2020
cool
Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by ursullalinda(f): 5:11am On Jun 27, 2020
You can imagine that!......The people who are paid to protect lives are the one's sabotaging their safety........just because of naira and Kobo.......greedy soul!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by jidamsel43(m): 5:25am On Jun 27, 2020
Continue because someone will remove your mother's teeth with a bottle one day

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by helinues: 5:29am On Jun 27, 2020
On returning , he said Wadume had disappeared , and when contacted on phone , he claimed he was receiving treatment at an undisclosed clinic.

Penn and Teller.....

7 Likes

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by MVLOX(m): 5:42am On Jun 27, 2020
Na dem
Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by omowolewa: 5:50am On Jun 27, 2020
He was loyal to the criminal

4 Likes

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by ajailer(m): 6:07am On Jun 27, 2020
hmm, that attorney general and military authority shielding are him from criminal prosecution.

Naija case, even d Italian mafia dey learn work.

5 Likes

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by jakD: 6:21am On Jun 27, 2020

The hometruth is that Nigerian Army is a total disgrace and is the most corrupt force.
Thanks to their Generals anyway.
Major thanks goes to Buratai.
All thanks to the main man, Buhari.
They are the great leaders who successfully destroyed Nigerian Army without any external help.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by realstars: 6:24am On Jun 27, 2020
This Case Is Still Pendimg While The Officers Are Gone 4ever.
Now What Is The Way Foward?
Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by Artiiclebeast: 6:28am On Jun 27, 2020
Dem for use the same spoon remove him eyes.

4 Likes

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by espn(m): 6:45am On Jun 27, 2020
This one deep...Police oo...Soldier oo...Civilian oo...Govt oo...everybody na same...

3 Likes

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by Zuorom: 6:45am On Jun 27, 2020
If Wadume was that close with the commissioner for police then why is the CP not being investigated? Or can the CP honestly say he doesn't know what Wadume was doing?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by punisha: 6:45am On Jun 27, 2020
People that swore an oath to protect citizens can't even be trusted with lives.

AGF and burutai are shielding them from prosecution...meanwhile the Lance corporal who is ready to lay down his life just said a lil truth, asking for proper utilities to fight and he gets locked in a guard room and will be marshalled probably.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by Jasseyfrd(m): 6:56am On Jun 27, 2020
time will tell...beside our national anthem is a scam
Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by Golan007: 6:59am On Jun 27, 2020
Wadume had identified Balarabe and nine other soldiers as his accomplices . They are:

Staff Sgt. David Isaiah ;

Sgt. Ibrahim Mohammed;

Corporal Bartholomew Obanye ;

Private Mohammed Nura ;

Lance Corporal Okorozie Gideon ;

Corporal Markus Michael;

L/Corporal Nvenaweimoeimi Akpagra ;

Staff Sgt. Abdullahi Adamu , and

Private Ebele Emmanuel .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by heryourdayji: 8:07am On Jun 27, 2020
ok
Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by Strongbest(m): 8:08am On Jun 27, 2020
Hmmm. Now you might have just taught criminals handcuffs can be removed using spoon.

I think some certain things should always be edited and not just be put out in the public.

My 1 cent though.

14 Likes

Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by Rebuke: 8:08am On Jun 27, 2020
Na wa o. See the headline sef.

Let justice be served, yhu think yhu will kill and walk free.

Only God knows the number of innocent people they have killed in this manner.
Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by janedonez(m): 8:08am On Jun 27, 2020
The truth is coming out gradually.
Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by bestman09(m): 8:09am On Jun 27, 2020

There was a country
Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2020
angry
Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by tillaman(m): 8:09am On Jun 27, 2020
What a shame on our country!! The story dey Make my stomach rumble I swear
Clearly the wadume dude had the NPF Taraba support he was probably in cohort with the CP
Re: Tijjani Balarabe: I Removed Kidnapper Wadume’s Handcuffs With Spoon by chukwuibuipob: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2020
sad sad sad So Taraba State CP is wadume good friend shocked shocked sad and they probably share the loot sad and under the baztard CP,they killed innocent Policemen doing their lawful duty. sad.Dey should hang Dem all and wash their corpses with undiluted Acid and trowey their useless body to croc/vultures

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bricklayer Kills Lover For Rituals In Ogun State(Photos / Ghanaian Man Stabs Nigerian Prostitute To Death In Ghana (Photo) / Woman Breaks Young Maid's Head With Cutlass In Imo State. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.