Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? (20444 Views)

Prophetess Wields Gun While Praying In Tongues In Church (Video) / The Habit Of Remembering Sex Scene While Praying / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by bamvik(m): 8:04am On Jun 28, 2020
I have seen some persons opening their eyes while praying (even speaking in tongues). So is it good or bad and whats the biblical pattern?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by shesawesome(f): 8:12am On Jun 28, 2020
Closing eyes is just to make you less distracted

301 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by hoyinmide(m): 9:17am On Jun 28, 2020
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by philipstanley(m): 9:17am On Jun 28, 2020
Praying is praying whether eyes open or close.
But closing your eyes enables you to have more concentration.

Greetings to you all in the name of our lord Jesus Christ

198 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by TeejayBlaq(m): 9:17am On Jun 28, 2020
when you open ur eyes while praying you'll see the devil...i remember dose dayz in primary sku

36 Likes

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by wolextayo: 9:18am On Jun 28, 2020
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
Do what you feel is convenient for you.
There’s no sin in both cases.

37 Likes

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Asquare84(m): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2020
To avoid distraction you can close your eyes, but truly praying is a thing of the mind

33 Likes

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Dangrace01: 9:18am On Jun 28, 2020
What

1 Like

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by incrediboooh(m): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2020
It only subjects one to being distracted.... It has no spiritual implication attached... Happy Sunday

10 Likes

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by kissGuys: 9:18am On Jun 28, 2020
Closing your eyes is just for you not be distracted...

Nothing biblical...

My type that prays with bible verses.... How do u expect me to close my eyes..

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Jazzafizzy(f): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2020
Avoiding distraction

5 Likes

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by xynerise: 9:19am On Jun 28, 2020
Not everything you tag "Good or Bad"

Some are choices of comfortability or effectiveness

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by vigate(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2020
undecided undecided undecided
Hmm.
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by OKOATA(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2020
If you are alone or with your family you can pray and close your eyes but if you are within a congregation it’s better to open your eyes. A psycho guy sat next to a man in a church and while praying the mad man bite the man ears, nobody knew the guy had mental. When people asked the man how he didn’t know before a mad man bite him he said he closed his eyes while praying, some will even close their eyes and they will steal their phones or valuables.

23 Likes

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Actuator: 9:19am On Jun 28, 2020
lol

1 Like

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by ademidedavid(f): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2020
Its never a criteria in prayer but to keep the mind focused and avoid distraction that's why closing of eyes is adviced.
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by DennisEche(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2020
Either of the two is allowed, we are not like the pharasis and the scribes who pray for show

1 Like

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by easyfem(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2020
closing is only met for distraction ........everything is in the heart......... some pple only pray inside why driving or working and GOD will stil answer
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by psalmuelwater(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2020
Opening or closing our eyes doesn't commend us to God. Anything that doesn't distract you while communicating with God is acceptable!..........but take heed, that is liberty of yours doesn't not......
Brethern! Close your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by IYANGBALI: 9:19am On Jun 28, 2020
This one wey those head slammer dey throw bombs for church na him you sey make I dey close eyes to pray. Na lie e no go work

5 Likes

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by DenreleDave(m): 9:20am On Jun 28, 2020
Opening or closing ur eyes doesn't stop ur prayer from being accepted..

God works with the heart... David, a man after God heart.......... God search the heart

The reason why most close their eyes is to avoid distraction.... U can't do two things at a time...

U can't be praying and still be looking at sumtin That is going on..

So to avoid distraction, close the eyes but ur heart matters most..

ThinkB4mention, u av refused to reply me babe

1 Like

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Patrioticman007(m): 9:20am On Jun 28, 2020
You better open your eyessss oooooo.
Our fore father's that closed theirs, by the time they opened it the missionaries had taken our lands & wealth but left us the Bible in return.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by EmekaBlue(m): 9:20am On Jun 28, 2020
I close my eyes halfway those days i dey pray...i no dey pray again these days

prayers come be like eno dey work

God forgive me

2 Likes

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by FuckHomophobes: 9:20am On Jun 28, 2020
grin Nah wah o, which Kain thread dey come front page this morning? Jamb questions upandown lipsrsealed

If you you're in need of a premium VPN logins , go and download these logins but don't attempt to change the password o.

https://bit dot ly/30ZFW80 . Change the dot to .
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Okortor: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2020
Not necessary u close your eyes, don't get distracted n focus
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by dxdiag(m): 9:21am On Jun 28, 2020
For me, i think closing of the eye makes you concentrate and focus with your maker.
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by godgizzy(m): 9:21am On Jun 28, 2020
you mean like this?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by sammirano: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2020
Until you receive invisible slap, you will close your eyes

3 Likes

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by holar2ge(m): 9:22am On Jun 28, 2020
I often pray silently in my mind, I hope that is okay biblically?

1 Like

Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by vigate(m): 9:22am On Jun 28, 2020
Asquare84:
To avoid distraction you can close your eyes, but truly praying is a thing of the mind
Thank you. Praying is of the mind... What of during praises, do we close our eyes too?. Because some babes dancing and shaking @ss can be distracting.. But we man, concentrate on the praise with eyes open
Re: Opening The Eyes While Praying, Good Or Bad? by Sunnybabe(m): 9:22am On Jun 28, 2020
I think closing of eyes when praying is just to avoid distraction. in the sense that when u closed ur eyes when praying it's create an eligibility for u to be quickly connected in the spirit

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I KILL In The ARMY; Is It A SIN? / Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: / I Want To Give My Tithe To A Brother In Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.